VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Important and Great Lines from Movies

10K views 150 replies 56 participants last post by  AeryFairy 
#1 ·
Possibly the most important thread on this site.

Let's begin with the all encompassing and powerful Roadhouse:

Pain dont hurt

I want you to be nice until its time to not be nice.

"You're too stupid to have a good time. "

Voila! Beat this if you can.

See less See more
#8 ·
Ron Burgundy: I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal.

Veronica Corningstone: Really.

Ron Burgundy: People know me.

Veronica Corningstone: Well, I'm very happy for you.

Ron Burgundy: I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

#9 ·
Quote:
Jame "Buffalo Bill" Gumb: It rubs the lotion on its skin. It does this whenever it is told.

Catherine Martin: Mister... my family will pay cash. Whatever ransom you're askin' for, they pay it.

Jame "Buffalo Bill" Gumb: It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.

[to his dog, Precious]

Jame "Buffalo Bill" Gumb: Yes, it will, Precious, won't it? It will get the hose!

Catherine Martin: Okay... okay... okay. Mister, if you let me go, I won't - I won't press charges I promise. See, my mom is a real important woman... I guess you already know that.

Jame "Buffalo Bill" Gumb: Now it places the lotion in the basket.

Catherine Martin: Please! Please I wanna go home! I wanna go home please!

Jame "Buffalo Bill" Gumb: It places the lotion in the basket.

Catherine Martin: I wanna see my mommy! Please I wanna see my...

Jame "Buffalo Bill" Gumb: Put the f****g lotion in the basket!

#12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia Avocado View Post

Ron Burgundy: I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal.

Veronica Corningstone: Really.

Ron Burgundy: People know me.

Veronica Corningstone: Well, I'm very happy for you.

Ron Burgundy: I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

YES! that movie's too quoteable!

#15 ·
Quote:
YES! that movie's too quoteable!
I could go on all day with this one.....LOL

Quote:
Brian Fantana: [about Veronica] I'll give this little cookie an hour before we're doing the no-pants dance. Time to musk up.

[opens cologne cabinet]

Ron Burgundy: Wow. Never ceases to amaze me. What cologne you gonna go with? London Gentleman, or wait. No, no, no. Hold on. Blackbeard's Delight.

Brian Fantana: No, she gets a special cologne... It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good.

Ron Burgundy: It's quite pungent.

Brian Fantana: Oh yeah.

Ron Burgundy: It's a formidable scent... It stings the nostrils. In a good way.

Brian Fantana: Yep.

Ron Burgundy: Brian, I'm gonna be honest with you, that smells like pure gasoline.

Brian Fantana: They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.

[cheesy grin]

Ron Burgundy: That doesn't make sense.

Brian Fantana: Well... Let's go see if we can make this little kitty purr.

#19 ·
The Warriors:

Cowboy: [winded, running from the Baseball Furies] I can't make it.

Ajax: Are you sure?

Cowboy: Yes, I'm sure...

Ajax: Well, good! I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!

Cyrus: You're standing right now with nine delegates from 100 gangs. And there's over a hundred more. That's 20,000 hardcore members. Forty-thousand, counting affiliates, and twenty-thousand more, not organized, but ready to fight: 60,000 soldiers! Now, there ain't but 20,000 police in the whole town. Can you dig it?

Gang Members: Yeah.

Cyrus: Can you dig it?

Gang Members: Yeah!

Cyrus: Can you dig it?

Gang Members: YEAH!

[shouting and Cheering]

#20 ·
Quote:
Rosie: Are you nervous?

Robbie: I'm actually not that nervous. I've been around lots of weddings before, so I figure it won't be very different.

Rosie: I didn't mean about the wedding. I meant about the wedding night. Will this be your first time with intercourse?

Robbie: Uh...

Rosie: Well, don't be ashamed. You know, when I got married, I wasn't a virgin. I'd already had intercourse with eight men.

Robbie: Now, that's something I didn't wanna know about.

Rosie: That was a lot back then; it'd be like two hundred today!
Wedding Singer - Main character talking to his Grandma.

#23 ·
Oh, geez, we are supposed to supply the name of the movie???

"Adrian" is from Rocky: as if anyone didn't know!

"You can't handle the truth" -- A Few Good Men (Sevenseas would've posted that anyway - he'll be posting a lot from any movie with Cruise).

"You ain't down, you ain't a loser; you're just a jealous, lazy, bum". -- Rocky (can't remember which one.

"To all my love slaves out there: Thunderlips is here. In the flesh, baby." -- Rocky III Lol, that one's pretty good.

#24 ·
Raoul Duke: [Narrating] Ah, devil ether. It makes you behave like the village drunkard in some early Irish novel. Total loss of all basic motor skills. Blurred vision, no balance, numb tongue. The mind recoils in horror, unable to communicate with the spinal column. Which is interesting because you can actually watch yourself behaving in this terrible way, but you can't control it. You approach the turnstiles and know that when you get there, you have to give the man two dollars or he won't let you inside. But when you get there, everything goes wrong. Some angry rotarian shoves you and you think "What's happening here? What's going on?" And you hear yourself mumbling...

Raoul Duke: Dogs ****ed the Pope... no fault of mine.

Raoul Duke: [Narrating] Ether is the perfect drug for Las Vegas. In this town they love a drunk. Fresh meat. So they put us through the turnstiles and turned us loose inside.

- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.