VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   The Entertainment Forum (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/18-entertainment-forum/)
-   -   Poll: What are you listening to right now? (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/18-entertainment-forum/1027-poll-what-you-listening-right-now.html)

Marie 03-19-2003 10:02 PM

I'm playing a Black Sabbath cd... Paranoid.

Listening to the song "War Pigs" right now.

Kurmudgeon 03-19-2003 10:10 PM

Nothing except the birds outside, and the wind in the trees.

Oh, and my computer fan spinning.

Marie 03-19-2003 10:18 PM

The jungle birds?

Marie 03-19-2003 10:23 PM

Now "Jungle Love" is in my head... *L*

*sings* My jungle love, yeah. I think I wanna know ya.

Jungle love. Girl, I'd love to show ya.

Thalia 03-19-2003 10:24 PM

My fish tank, the cars outside, the humming of my computer, and George W. Bush.

spud 03-19-2003 11:46 PM

The news on tv. There's a screech owl calling outside. The clock ticking.

Max Power 03-19-2003 11:48 PM

The Teaches of Peaches! Helllllll yeah!

stonecrest 03-20-2003 12:25 AM

ben harper covering sexual healing. pure bliss

ObsidianZebra 03-20-2003 12:28 AM

I've been listening to various songs in my MP3 collection, most recently it's been Tori Amos, and as I'm typing this post it's "Bliss"... father, I killed my monkey, I let it out to taste the sweet of spring .. uhm, yeah, I don't get it either.

1vegan 03-20-2003 03:26 AM

I finally got my FGTH CD back since I lend it to my brother four or five years ago.

Actually thats not true, he got me a new one because he lost mine.

And he also returned my ABBA the total collection box.

So thats what Im listening now, when I use my stereo.

I know its not the most perfect music but it brings back pieces of my youth.

Kurmudgeon 03-20-2003 03:34 AM

*L* Okay, okay, 1vegan! We heard you the first time.

I've just put "Fossil Fuel" on, the XTC singles double CD.

Robert 03-20-2003 03:49 AM

Jimi Hendrix - The Ultimate Experience (a greatest hits sort of compilation). Specially, Hey Joe just finished and The Wind Cries Mary just started.

spud 03-20-2003 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurmudgeon

*L* Okay, okay, 1vegan! We heard you the first time.

I stayed up all night, so I thought I was seeing double twice

1vegan 03-20-2003 05:10 AM

argh....

It's that damn gateway timeout.

Every day around nine in the morning there is a gateway timeout and than I assume the post did not get to VB, so I post again.

Sometimes the post is processed even with the gateway timeout.

Sorry for that.

The_Gazumper 03-20-2003 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Max Power

The Teaches of Peaches! Helllllll yeah!

Succccking on my titties like you wanted me, calling me all the time?

I saw Peaches last year at Reading festival. She was... err... interesting My friend kinda got my into Electroclash.

Have you heard anything by Ladytron, or Miss Kittin, Max?

At the moment, I'm listening to Sketches For My Sweetheart, The Drunk by Jeff Buckley. I simply love it.

Marie 03-20-2003 06:24 AM

There is one group you'll never catch me listening to...

The Pixies.

Kurmudgeon 03-20-2003 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Marie

There is one group you'll never catch me listening to...

The Pixies.

Not everyone has such great taste as me.

Marie 03-20-2003 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurmudgeon

Not everyone has such great taste as me.

*cough*

Your taste in music is as great as your singing voice.. and you know what I think of that. *L*

>

GhostUser 03-20-2003 11:01 AM

Cursive's The Ugly Organ

The_Gazumper 03-20-2003 12:22 PM

Aaahhh... The Pixies. One of the finest groups ever... *sigh*

I almost got the chance of meeting Kim Deal last year, with the rest of The Breeders, at the signing tent at Reading festival. But she cancelled, right at the last minute

I've only heard one song by Cursive. 'The Great Decay', I believe it's called...

stonecrest 03-20-2003 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Gazumper

At the moment, I'm listening to Sketches For My Sweetheart, The Drunk by Jeff Buckley. I simply love it.

excellent choice, that's a great album. everybody here wants you, morning theft, the sky is a landfill.. good stuff.

Max Power 03-20-2003 02:16 PM

Quote:

Have you heard anything by Ladytron, or Miss Kittin, Max?

Heck yeah!!! My mixtape buddy (should have arrived by now!) got a liberal dose of the two! I like Miss Kittin's stuff with Felix Da Housecat (just a couple of songs) better than her more extensive work with The Hacker, but still good stuff.

As for Ladytron, I've been in love with that band for a couple of years now, ever since I saw the video for "Playgirl" on M2. Their newest CD is hot. They were in town recently, which is rare, but I chose to go to the Raveonettes & Interpol show the night before, instead. Oh, the decisions we make!

Who else to you like in the electro sound? It's not really big over here, but that's fine by me.

Right now I'm listening to the NCAA tourney and Air's Moon Safari.

The_Gazumper 03-20-2003 03:46 PM

'Playgirl' is such a great song! Though, 'Movies' has to be my all time favourite. Or perhaps 'Another Breakfast With You'... I saw Ladytron last year too (actually, straight before Peaches), and they raaaawked!

The only other electro-stuff I really like is Fischerspooner, and they get kinda boring after a while. 'Invisible' is a classic song, mind...

Does Air count as electro? I absolutely adore Moon Safari Their soundtrack to The Virgin Suicides is also pretty darn awesome.

Vegankat 03-20-2003 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ObsidianZebra

I've been listening to various songs in my MP3 collection, most recently it's been Tori Amos, and as I'm typing this post it's "Bliss"... father, I killed my monkey, I let it out to taste the sweet of spring .. uhm, yeah, I don't get it either.

I get it, but only because I make up my own meanings to songs. It's about a bad relationship with a father. Part of you but not enough for you... Yeah...maybe I'm crazy...^_^;

Max Power 03-20-2003 05:21 PM

Quote:

'Playgirl' is such a great song! Though, 'Movies' has to be my all time favourite. Or perhaps 'Another Breakfast With You'... I saw Ladytron last year too (actually, straight before Peaches), and they raaaawked!

The only other electro-stuff I really like is Fischerspooner, and they get kinda boring after a while. 'Invisible' is a classic song, mind...

Does Air count as electro? I absolutely adore Moon Safari Their soundtrack to The Virgin Suicides is also pretty darn awesome.

It's really hard to pick a fave with Ladytron - Commodore Rock and 604 were good albums but kinda raw compared to Light & Magic. I think "I'm With the Pilots" and "Jet Age" are my faves from the older stuff and "Evil" and "The Reason Why" are tops from L&M.

I've heard things about Fischerspooner - I'll have to check them out. I'd say Air is in an electronic category, but certainly different than Peaches, et al. I think Moon Safari defined it's own electro-psychadelic subgenre while 10,000 Hz Legend is a bit more "traditional" electronic - "Electronic Performers" is insane. That's my take on it...

GhostUser 03-20-2003 05:25 PM

But beware, Ladytron seethe at the electroclash association. Having said that, 604 is tops.

Max Power 03-20-2003 06:35 PM

Yeah, I guess wouldn't lump then in with the "clash" part of the "electroclash" sound but then I think you bring up a good point, FD, when does the pidgeon-holing of bands get obsurd? I think some time around................................ now

The_Gazumper 03-20-2003 07:04 PM

I really hate it when people ask me what styles of music I like. I don't see different styles. It's a cliche, but all I see is good music and bad music.

Beethoven and Stravinsky sit snuggly next to Led Zeppelin on my shelf

BigWaxJesus 03-20-2003 11:44 PM

I'm listening to Sonic Youth, "Sunday."

RiceBoy 03-21-2003 05:46 AM

Afghan Whigs - Gentlemen.

Milladoiro (Portuguese folk band).

Black Sabbath - Past Lives.