30 Day Vegan Challenge - Page 69 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 39Likes

#2041 Old 05-29-2014, 12:40 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofuvegman View Post
Is that weight for weight? No wonder 'I eats me spinach'

PS: Veggieboards please can we have a Popeye emoticon?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2042 Old 08-02-2014, 12:17 PM

I started yesterday!
#2043 Old 08-02-2014, 12:53 PM
Don't Eat Animals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harocs View Post
I started yesterday!
GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!

The 30 day challenge converted me into a vegan.

Take it day by day!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

All animals should be respected & should have the ability to lead a natural & enjoyable life. This means not eating them, or abusing them in any way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2044 Old 08-02-2014, 11:25 PM
Beginner

I'm starting tomorrow! It would be today but I ate some cookies that had egg whites in them without realising.

I used to be vegan a while ago and really want to get back into it again!
#2045 Old 10-19-2014, 06:03 AM

Good luck to everyone starting! I took this challenge on May 8th of 2012 and have been going strong ever since. You can do this and you are all awesome for trying!
LedBoots likes this.
#2046 Old 12-17-2014, 12:00 AM
The prowling wolf

I am starting the challenge next monday (The 22d of December)

Right now I am broke and have to eat what I have left, and I figured that starting the vegan challenge would be very convenient to do with an empty fridge!
Werewolf Girl likes this.

Nothing tastes as good as compassion feels.
#2047 Old 12-28-2014, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator

It's almost the start of a new year! Is anyone doing the 30 Day Vegan Challenge for January?
Purp likes this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#2048 Old 12-28-2014, 11:06 PM
The prowling wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post
It's almost the start of a new year! Is anyone doing the 30 Day Vegan Challenge for January?
Yep I've joined for veganuary.com So far I'm feeling fine, the IBS seems to calm down a bit!
Werewolf Girl, Purp and LedBoots like this.

#2049 Old 12-31-2014, 06:09 PM
Baby Love

Quote:
Yes! I am trying once again! It's great timing since we used up our food and cleaned out our fridge before we went out of town last week. We've also decided to stop buying soda for the house and to stop eating out except for special occasions. Both will help me eat healthier.
Werewolf Girl and Purp like this.
#2050 Old 01-01-2015, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

Woohoo, good luck guys! You can do it!
Jinga likes this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#2051 Old 01-01-2015, 09:15 PM
Baby Love

Day 1 is almost complete. I'm a bit hungry (time for another snack, I guess), but other than that the day went well. My son devoured his kale and edamame at dinner so that's a bonus I've already packed my lunch boxes for breakfast and lunch tomorrow so everything will be easy and ready to go. I just need to do some baking because I'm really craving something sweet and bready. I'm also trying to decide about dinner ... either black beans, guacamole, cabbage slaw and tortillas or cornbread muffins OR chickpea noodle soup, green salad and pumpkin or cornbread muffins. I just can't decide!
Werewolf Girl and jen J like this.
#2052 Old 01-07-2015, 07:49 AM
The prowling wolf

So far I've been doing pretty well I think

I always thought a vegan diet was expensive, but seeing the enormous amount of money I save by not eating meat and dairy has really made me change my mind.

Sure, vegan speciality items are more expensive than regular dairy or cheese products, but if you don't eat that much of them you still have some money left in your budget at the end of the week!

And I noticed that I automatically eat more fruit and vegetables on this diet, it just makes sense to eat more of them as you suddenly don't think in the traditional ''meat, veg, potato'' line when you're eating vegan food. I do believe it's healthier for me. I'm enjoying the experience

#2053 Old 01-07-2015, 05:05 PM
Vegan as f**k

Good luck and hopefully you can even extend it a bit more than 30 days
#2054 Old 08-04-2015, 06:57 PM
Baby Love

I can't believe no one has posted here in almost 7 months! Anyway, I'm doing another 30 Day Vegan Challenge starting tomorrow
karenlovessnow likes this.
#2055 Old 01-02-2016, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

Is anyone going vegan for the New Year? Now is a great time to start!

http://vegankit.com/
LedBoots likes this.

Last edited by Werewolf Girl; 01-02-2016 at 03:07 PM.
#2056 Old 01-02-2016, 02:07 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:

http://vegankit.com/
It sure is! Not too late for Veganuary, either!

http://www.veganuary.com/
#2057 Old 01-09-2016, 12:11 AM

Quote:
I did!

Although I've had two slip ups so far. One was intentional - I found a piece of Quorn in the back of my freezer. Since I don't know anyone who would eat it, I decided to have it in my (otherwise vegan) salad. I figured I'd already bought it, so throwing it out wouldn't change anything. I don't feel too bad about that.

I do feel a bit bad about my second slip up, at work today. I'd been working for 9.5 hrs without a break or anything to eat (pretty typical for me as a doctor). One of my colleagues brought in a pack of Doritos, and I eagerly inhaled a handful in between seeing patients. It wasn't until 10 mins later (probably when the glucose hit my brain lol) that I realised they're not vegan
Purp likes this.
#2058 Old 01-09-2016, 12:15 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by elli View Post
I did!

Although I've had two slip ups so far. One was intentional - I found a piece of Quorn in the back of my freezer. Since I don't know anyone who would eat it, I decided to have it in my (otherwise vegan) salad. I figured I'd already bought it, so throwing it out wouldn't change anything. I don't feel too bad about that.

I do feel a bit bad about my second slip up, at work today. I'd been working for 9.5 hrs without a break or anything to eat (pretty typical for me as a doctor). One of my colleagues brought in a pack of Doritos, and I eagerly inhaled a handful in between seeing patients. It wasn't until 10 mins later (probably when the glucose hit my brain lol) that I realised they're not vegan
Slip ups like that are totally normal when you're first starting out, don't worry about it you're still doing great!
Purp and LedBoots like this.

#2059 Old 01-09-2016, 12:55 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I did!

Don't worry about it! You must have been starving. It worries me that doctors are so overworked. You have such an important job. They should let you eat!
Purp, LedBoots and TGreene like this.
#2060 Old 01-09-2016, 09:08 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
I wouldn't feel bad about this. Just think of it as a learning experience and move on. All of us have made mistakes, and although this isn't necessarily the "desert island" scenario, there are some times when you have to put your own needs and safety (and the needs and safety of your patients) first rather than finding a perfect vegan solution.

I work in healthcare as well, and on a busy day, it can be hard for me to get a break to eat too. I try to keep something quick to eat at my desk, in my bag or in a pocket -- for example, Clif bars, lara bars, nuts, dried fruit, crispy chickpeas, etc. I love Silk chocolate soymilk in the individual shelf-stable packages for a quick pick-me-up, especially since I tend to get a bit dehydrated.

If you like Doritos, you should know that the spicy sweet chili flavor is vegan (and quite good, I might add!). Not that that would help in an urgent hunger situation, but it might come in handy at some point.
Purp, LedBoots and elli like this.
#2061 Old 01-09-2016, 10:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Congratulations and good luck to all. You can do it!! :baba:

Anytime I think I'm perfect, I remember that my cousin lives on an island, and I've never walked over to visit her.
#2062 Old 01-10-2016, 01:45 AM

Wow! I'm blown away by how wonderful and supportive everyone has been Thanks for all the encouragement, I really appreciate it!

Today at work I brought in a plate of chopped up tropical fruits to share, which prompted a few people asking questions about vegetarianism to me and another doc who is a vegetarian. I doubt we'll convert anyone, but a least if people can see doctors thriving on a healthy veg*n diet, it can counteract some of that "veg*n diets are so unhealthy", "where do you get your protein" rubbish people say.

Hope you all had a wonderful day! And thanks again for the support

Also thanks for the tip about the sweet chilli doritos
#2063 Old 12-03-2016, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator

Is anyone interested in doing Veganuary this year? Now is a great time to start planning ahead.

If you're interested in going vegan but you're not sure where to start this is a great way to do it and gets tons of support from a lot of great people: https://veganuary.com/

If anyone wants to do it and needs help just let me know!

#2064 Old 12-03-2016, 02:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Is anyone interested in doing Veganuary this year? Now is a great time to start planning ahead.

If you're interested in going vegan but you're not sure where to start this is a great way to do it and gets tons of support from a lot of great people: https://veganuary.com/

If anyone wants to do it and needs help just let me know!
Currently doing vegancembuary... Will do Veganuary as well.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#2065 Old 12-03-2016, 09:41 PM
Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessandreia View Post
Currently doing vegancembuary... Will do Veganuary as well.
Me too! Feels good so far

Nothing tastes as good as compassion feels
#2066 Old 12-04-2016, 01:11 PM
Super Moderator

Woohoo! You guys rock!
Sidhuriel likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page