30 Day Vegan Challenge - Page 63 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 39Likes

#1861 Old 04-12-2012, 02:59 PM
Veggie Regular

I had fun grocery shopping this morning. I came in under budget, even though I splurged on amy's and kashi frozen meals. Yays!

ÂAn animalÂs eyes have the power to speak a great language.Â
ÂMartin Buber
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1862 Old 04-14-2012, 07:23 AM

I began this challenge the 11th april. So far - no problems. I hope and think I will continue after the 30 days.

~ Trine
#1863 Old 04-14-2012, 07:18 PM
Veggie Regular

It's my third day, and it's suddenly not as fun as going vegetarian. Any ideas on how to make it easier?

ÂMartin Buber
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1864 Old 04-15-2012, 12:02 PM
The prowling wolf

I've started eating vegan again since a few days, it just ''clicked'' and now somehow I find it really easy.

It's also cheap on my wallet, and good for the animals and my body. What's there more to want?

Nothing tastes as good as compassion feels.
#1865 Old 04-16-2012, 06:41 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelii36 View Post

It's my third day, and it's suddenly not as fun as going vegetarian. Any ideas on how to make it easier?

What specifically are you finding difficult?
#1866 Old 04-16-2012, 11:40 AM
Veggie Regular

It's like I'm eating the same things over and over again.

ÂMartin Buber
#1867 Old 04-17-2012, 04:15 AM

I still need to pick a day and stick with it to re-start my challenge. I keep slacking and slipping up. Grocery day is Saturday. Sunday is Earth Day. That seems an appropriate day...
#1868 Old 04-17-2012, 05:04 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerFoxx View Post

I still need to pick a day and stick with it to re-start my challenge. I keep slacking and slipping up. Grocery day is Saturday. Sunday is Earth Day. That seems an appropriate day...

Yes! You can plan your shopping around vegany things...
#1869 Old 04-17-2012, 06:08 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelii36 View Post

It's like I'm eating the same things over and over again.

Online recipes are your friend! http://vegweb.com/

What kinds of things are you eating? What did you like before you were vegan and someone can maybe suggest a veganisation? I have veganised quiche, mac n' cheese and other favourites from when I was vegetarian and enjoyed the vegan versions just as much.

In transition to vegan you should make sure you have lots of tasty things to keep you motivated, also if possible go to a variety of different supermarkets and search the aisles for interesting vegan things you haven't tried... I remember my first few months as a vegan being really exciting as I discovered that a lot of the things I thought I couldn't have ('milk' chocolate, biscuits, tarts, garlic bread etc) had vegan versions! Often I found things in the 'allergy' section marketed at those allergic to milk, or just by chance.
#1870 Old 04-18-2012, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post

Yes! You can plan your shopping around vegany things...

I already do, for the most part. I buy vegan stuff at home, it's just the occasional coffee shop pastry, or shared snack from a coworker I have been lax/absent-minded about. Time to get serious.
#1871 Old 04-18-2012, 05:08 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_charm View Post

In transition to vegan you should make sure you have lots of tasty things to keep you motivated, also if possible go to a variety of different supermarkets and search the aisles for interesting vegan things you haven't tried... I remember my first few months as a vegan being really exciting as I discovered that a lot of the things I thought I couldn't have ('milk' chocolate, biscuits, tarts, garlic bread etc) had vegan versions! Often I found things in the 'allergy' section marketed at those allergic to milk, or just by chance.

#1872 Old 04-18-2012, 05:47 AM

I'm one week in and no problems at all. I love this. I've been missing milk chocolate and cheese now and then, but when I think of how unhealthy these things are anyway, I don't care.

~ Trine
#1873 Old 04-18-2012, 08:15 AM
Veggie Regular

Enjoy Life makes a rice milk chocolate bar.
#1874 Old 04-18-2012, 09:42 AM
Veggie Regular

Now that I'm on day 6 I'm feeling better about this! I went out with a friend yesterday and when I told them what I was doing they were incredibly supportive, and even told me they respect my decision and my willpower! Can you believe it??

ÂMartin Buber
#1875 Old 04-26-2012, 09:30 AM

Starting over again. Slipped up pretty badly last time.
#1876 Old 04-27-2012, 04:22 AM

It's my sixth consecutive vegan day this month. So far, my biggest temptations have been wanting to treat myself to a pastry with my coffee, but not having anywhere near the office with vegan options. I settled for a Clif bar instead. I think I may buy more Clif bars of different varieties for just such occasions. Can anyone confirm if they're all vegan, or should I read every label?
#1877 Old 04-29-2012, 08:24 PM
Veggie Regular

I decided to try for a week. I'm on day 9 now and am loving it. I'm not planning on going back. Now that I see that I can do it and that it isn't as hard as I had imagined, I am totally on board. This is my third try at vegetarianism and my first and last at being vegan.Third time is a charm!
#1878 Old 04-30-2012, 09:43 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiling View Post

I decided to try for a week. I'm on day 9 now and am loving it. I'm not planning on going back. Now that I see that I can do it and that it isn't as hard as I had imagined, I am totally on board. This is my third try at vegetarianism and my first and last at being vegan.Third time is a charm!

Yay! I'm glad it's going so well! :thumbup:
#1879 Old 05-01-2012, 04:45 AM

Fell off the wagon a bit yesterday with some vegetarian, but not vegan treats. I won't mention specifics in case anyone here is easily tempted this early in the game. Suffice to say, it's May 1st and I am right back on the wagon today.
#1880 Old 05-01-2012, 11:13 PM

Good luck to everyone currently doing it! If I can do it (and stick with it indefinitely [meaning forever!!]) then anyone can.

Became Vegetarian: September 4th, 2010. :]
Became Vegan: May 15, 2011.

My animal/ veganism blog: www.lovenotleather.tumblr.com <3
#1881 Old 05-03-2012, 04:25 AM

Today I will be tested when I go out for lunch with my coworkers (The office is treating us) We are going to a Mexican restaurant I have been to many times as a vegetarian, but never as a vegan. I plan to order the vegetarian burrito, sans cheese, and substitute guacamole for the sour cream. Should be pretty straightforward and keep my coworkers from asking nosy questions the way they might if I had to make drastic changes to the menu items.
#1882 Old 05-03-2012, 07:26 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:

Today I will be tested when I go out for lunch with my coworkers (The office is treating us) We are going to a Mexican restaurant I have been to many times as a vegetarian, but never as a vegan. I plan to order the vegetarian burrito, sans cheese, and substitute guacamole for the sour cream. Should be pretty straightforward and keep my coworkers from asking nosy questions the way they might if I had to make drastic changes to the menu items.

That sounds yummy. If you get rice and beans on the side with it, make sure they don't put cheese all over that. I had that happen before! Have fun (and a margarita)
#1883 Old 05-04-2012, 04:22 AM

We ended up going to a local bistro, because I noticed on the way to work that the Mexican place is not open for lunch on Thursdays. I was able to review the menu online ahead of time. I got the baby arugula salad with roasted beets, poached pear, candied pecans and cranberry dijon vinaigrette. All I had to do was omit the gorgonzola. Quite tasty, actually, not too heavily dressed. I was pleased.
#1884 Old 05-06-2012, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Congratulations! You're amazing

Quote:

We ended up going to a local bistro, because I noticed on the way to work that the Mexican place is not open for lunch on Thursdays. I was able to review the menu online ahead of time. I got the baby arugula salad with roasted beets, poached pear, candied pecans and cranberry dijon vinaigrette. All I had to do was omit the gorgonzola. Quite tasty, actually, not too heavily dressed. I was pleased.

Wow, that sounds really really good

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#1885 Old 05-07-2012, 04:55 AM

I am doing much better with my challenge this go 'round. No slip ups yet. I have Clif bars to bring to the office, and several new recipes either cooked or ready to prepare to keep means exciting this week. Day 7 begins...
#1886 Old 05-10-2012, 08:12 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I am doing much better with my challenge this go 'round. No slip ups yet. I have Clif bars to bring to the office, and several new recipes either cooked or ready to prepare to keep means exciting this week. Day 7 begins...

That's fantastic!

We are coming up on day 21. I can't believe that in a week it will have been an entire month. I remember a time when it seemed like being vegan was so extreme and it doesn't seem extreme now. We have adjusted well. The great thing about this challenge is that my husband is very on board with it. He is loving the side effect that he is losing the little bit of excess weight he has and is gaining more muscle definition. He also says it gives him more energy to run. It's pretty cool because all of the myths about vegans being pasty skinny people with no energy.
#1887 Old 05-10-2012, 08:18 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:

That's fantastic!

We are coming up on day 21. I can't believe that in a week it will have been an entire month. I remember a time when it seemed like being vegan was so extreme and it doesn't seem extreme now. We have adjusted well. The great thing about this challenge is that my husband is very on board with it. He is loving the side effect that he is losing the little bit of excess weight he has and is gaining more muscle definition. He also says it gives him more energy to run. It's pretty cool because all of the myths about vegans being pasty skinny people with no energy.

Fantastic! So great for both of you!
#1888 Old 05-10-2012, 05:49 PM
Veggie Regular

I was in a veggie restaurant tonight and I overheard a man at a table next to me say that he had taken the 30 day vegan challenge and he was now on about 15 months as a vegan! It made me feel happy.

Good luck to everyone on here.
#1889 Old 05-11-2012, 10:59 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie View Post

I was in a veggie restaurant tonight and I overheard a man at a table next to me say that he had taken the 30 day vegan challenge and he was now on about 15 months as a vegan! It made me feel happy.

Good luck to everyone on here.

So great!

Last week I went to get my vegan son's favorite falafel pita and the couple ahead of me in line were ordering the same pita. They heard my order, and they saw Forks Over Knives and had been vegan for over 6 months and "we're never going back". They were one of those cute couples in their seventies who still hold hands. :thumbup:
#1890 Old 05-11-2012, 01:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post

Last week I went to get my vegan son's favorite falafel pita and the couple ahead of me in line were ordering the same pita. They heard my order, and they saw Forks Over Knives and had been vegan for over 6 months and "we're never going back". They were one of those cute couples in their seventies who still hold hands. :thumbup:

That is sweet!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page