30 Day Vegan Challenge - Page 62 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 39Likes

#1831 Old 09-13-2011, 06:20 AM
The prowling wolf

I'm starting with the challenge today

Nothing tastes as good as compassion feels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1832 Old 09-16-2011, 05:33 AM

Ugh. So this is the beginning of the 6th day of me having gone vegan. Right now... I feel terrible. I'm so nauseated. I thought I was going to throw up a while ago. And this has happened to me before when I tried going vegan - it's definitely not a coincidence. I don't know why this is happening, and I don't like it!!
#1833 Old 09-21-2011, 08:57 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sªmªnthª View Post

Ugh. So this is the beginning of the 6th day of me having gone vegan. Right now... I feel terrible. I'm so nauseated. I thought I was going to throw up a while ago. And this has happened to me before when I tried going vegan - it's definitely not a coincidence. I don't know why this is happening, and I don't like it!!

sounds like you might be hungry - are you eating enough? Are you getting enough protein and carbs? It might help if you could list what you eat here - someone might be able to spot a connection.

Either that, or your body is adjusting - in which case you have two choices: (a) put up with it and ride it out, knowing that it will get better in a day or so (b) backtrack slightly and add small amounts of animal products back into your diet, and eliminate them again, but slower this time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1834 Old 09-24-2011, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie54321 View Post

sounds like you might be hungry - are you eating enough? Are you getting enough protein and carbs? It might help if you could list what you eat here - someone might be able to spot a connection.

Either that, or your body is adjusting - in which case you have two choices: (a) put up with it and ride it out, knowing that it will get better in a day or so (b) backtrack slightly and add small amounts of animal products back into your diet, and eliminate them again, but slower this time.

Angie, I appreciate this reply. I am having the same issue. It's day 7 for me and I started actually getting motion sickness, which I've never had in my life, over past few days. I'm going to take your advice and try to intake more protein (not animal products though) because I dont think I've had enough compared to what my body is used to. thanks ^.^

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.
#1835 Old 09-25-2011, 03:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymeLynne View Post

Angie, I appreciate this reply. I am having the same issue. It's day 7 for me and I started actually getting motion sickness, which I've never had in my life, over past few days. I'm going to take your advice and try to intake more protein (not animal products though) because I dont think I've had enough compared to what my body is used to. thanks ^.^

JaymeLynee - firstly welcome to VeggieBoards!

You might want to to try a website called www.FitDay.com - you can track all your food intake on there, and it works out your nutrients. From that you can see if there is anything major missing or wrong with your intake. Bear in mind that intake for vitamins and minerals will change every day depending on what you eat - so try and look at it from a weekly rather than daily perspective (although there are some vitamins that you need to include in your diet every day as they are water soluble and are not stored in your body - Vitamin B complex and Vitamin C)

Generally, it is pretty easy to get everything you need on a vegan diet, if you include lots of vegetables, fruit, grains (or pasta or bread) and some form of protein at each meal (soya, beans, nuts, lentils) or between meals - e.g a glass of soy milk, or a handful of nuts.

I always take a multi-vitamin as well, not because I think the vegan diet is low on nutrients compared to an omnivores, but because I see it as an insurance measure - to top up, just in case.

Keep us informed how you are getting on. If it helps you can list what you eat on here, and someone wise will go through it and tell you if there is anything else you need to be doing.
#1836 Old 09-30-2011, 06:30 AM

I last reported on this thread in April 2011, I just saw. That is buried very deep in this long thread!
My personal x-day challenge (open, flexible length) started on Jan 12th, 2011.

Since then I have been 100% raw vegan.
Everything I eat is recorded in my daily journal, which is at http://dietexperiments.yolasite.com .

I update this journal weekly, every Wednesday. All queries or discussion will be welcome, here or at my site.
#1837 Old 10-02-2011, 12:55 PM
Beginner

Challenge accepted.
#1838 Old 10-02-2011, 01:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginariffic View Post

Challenge accepted.

Welcome to veggieboards!
#1839 Old 10-09-2011, 07:55 AM
Beginner

Thank you, Angie. I'm a bit embarrassed, but challenge re-accepted.

Does anyone have tips on dealing with intense hunger after a long day with nothing to eat? I have a meal plan, and I know cheese and dairy will sit like a rock in my stomach. At the point of it's ten at night and I've just stopped working, I need a sure fire vegan idea to get full fast. The foods available are salad bar, pasta, veggie burger, deli, soup, and chef's plate. The deli will take any salad ingredients and make then a wrap for you and you can get employees to leave me out if possible.

ummmm http://www.campusdish.com/en-US/CSS/UnivCentralFlorida I eat at Marketplace, if it helps. Advice please/
#1840 Old 10-10-2011, 07:58 PM

If I survive the the Vegan Society 7 day challange I might be extending it to 30 days. I am dealing some side effects at the moment though.
#1841 Old 10-18-2011, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurthbruins View Post

I last reported on this thread in April 2011, I just saw. That is buried very deep in this long thread!
My personal x-day challenge (open, flexible length) started on Jan 12th, 2011.

Since then I have been 100% raw vegan.
Everything I eat is recorded in my daily journal, which is at http://dietexperiments.yolasite.com .

I update this journal weekly, every Wednesday. All queries or discussion will be welcome, here or at my site.

Nice! Well done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginariffic View Post

Challenge accepted.

Cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kachok View Post

If I survive the the Vegan Society 7 day challange I might be extending it to 30 days. I am dealing some side effects at the moment though.

What kind of side effects?

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#1842 Old 10-22-2011, 01:24 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Hi Ginariffic, I helped my daughter with those dining hall issues. At ten at night after the gym, maybe salad bar with some bread to use with the veggie burger. Sometimes there are beans or bean salads, and some pasta salad doesn't have mayo in it. Or a vegan pasta (marinara probably lol) with a veggie burger crumbled in. I don't know what chef's plate is, but maybe their bread is good? Some soup maybe, but it's hard to find vegan I know. They could make you a wrap with salad bar stuff, veggie burgers in it too.

I went to your school's website, and couldn't find where they talked about the actual food served. lol.
#1843 Old 10-30-2011, 10:53 PM
Veggie Regular

I've been a lacto/ovo vegetarian for the past 3 years. (my veggie-versery was this month) I love my vegetarianism and always flirt with the idea of veganism. I'll have vegan days, at least once a week, if not more.

Lately, I've been getting really sick to my stomach recently from what I'm almost 98% sure is lactose intolerance. (it runs in my family) To make myself feel better, I've been cutting dairy out off and on, but it seems to be getting worse. My omni boyfriend even suggested that i go full out vegan for at least 30 days and see if i improve health wise.

So here i am! Tomorrow starts day one of my 30 day vegan challenge! I have the 30 day Vegan challenge book, and the veganomicon to guide me through. I'm super excited. I've always wanted to switch over to the vegan side, but never had the will power, or encouragement to. I'm most excited about feeling better and not having to calculate what i'm eating for lunch and dinner to make sure i don't overdo dairy, and then worry about being sick. Also i'm excited to try new foods that are more organic and healthy.
#1844 Old 10-31-2011, 06:29 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm ready to join the 30 day challenge club . My problem isn't so much going vegan (I've "gone" vegan many times). It's STAYING vegan. I decided to take it one month at a time at this point.

I think my approach in the past has been off because I usually tied veganism to some kind of weight loss diet (like McDougall or Eat To Live) and they are quite restrictive with some foods (like added fats). So veganism got associated with severe restrictions for me.

I'm still trying to lose weight (60 pounds, to be exact) but I'm ready to try an approach that puts the veganism first and not the diet. I'll still be eating relatively low fat but I'm not restricting anything (just cutting out animal products). I'm confident that the weight loss will come eventually if I stick with a balanced and healthy vegan diet.

Tam
#1845 Old 10-31-2011, 06:34 AM
Veggie Regular

Good luck everyone!
#1846 Old 10-31-2011, 04:56 PM

Hi, all...new to these boards. I am jumping on the 30-day wagon. I have been veg for a long time, have flirted with veganism but haven't really gone full throttle. Tomorrow, the 1st of the month and after I get rid of all this Halloween candy, I am joining you all. Very excited!
#1847 Old 11-25-2011, 03:29 AM
The prowling wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkirose View Post

Hi, all...new to these boards. I am jumping on the 30-day wagon. I have been veg for a long time, have flirted with veganism but haven't really gone full throttle. Tomorrow, the 1st of the month and after I get rid of all this Halloween candy, I am joining you all. Very excited!

How's it going? You're almost a month in now?

And the others? How are you doing?

Nothing tastes as good as compassion feels.
#1848 Old 11-26-2011, 06:15 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm thoroughly convinced veganism is for me. My digestion, and overall well being, has dramatically improved. I cheated once with a grilled cheese like sandwich, and within the hour regretted it by being sick. Not worth it.

My omni boyfriend has been super supportive, helping me find vegan things in stores and on menus, and making sure i eat enough food, and healthy food. He even found me soy yogurt yesterday, so i could get probiotics and protein. I have 2 vegan cookbooks, and we've decided to try one new recipe a week, just so we can have a healthy variety.

My one issue with veganism is eating enough calories, lol. I'm trying to loose weight, have been my whole life it feels, and have a hard concept of having to eat enough. If i don't, which i don't, my body goes into starvation mode, and then doesn't burn off my fat, yes? Also, my boyfriend is trying to bulk up, so he is forever telling me about protein, he knows i can get enough on a vegan diet, he just is the protein police to me, making sure i get enough. Any tips on that?
#1849 Old 12-26-2011, 03:22 PM

animeidee-

For protein, I don't know about anyone else here, but I personally like to eat a lot of different kinds of beans- pinto, black, garbanzo, kidney. also, try to cram as many veggies into your diet as you can, they contain protein as well as fiber. I like to sneak beans into everything lol, like my spaghetti sauce, ive made garbanzo bean salad sandwiches with red onion and avocado, and they also go great in salads. guacamole is also a favorite standby for me-it's healthy and kind of fills up any calories you might be lacking for the day. You can also get protein from soy products like tofu and the soy fake meats, but those aren't really that great for you to have all the time. Also, make sure you are getting enough whole grains.

-wow just realized you posted that a month ago today! hope everything worked out for you!
#1850 Old 03-16-2012, 05:41 PM

I'm in!! today it's my fourth day as a vegan and even though I am veryyyy hungry, I feel great!!
Good luck to everyone!!
#1851 Old 03-16-2012, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SofiaK View Post

I'm in!! today it's my fourth day as a vegan and even though I am veryyyy hungry, I feel great!!
Good luck to everyone!!

Congratulations, that's awesome! Vegan food tends to be lower calorie, so just eat bigger portions and more snacks until you feel full, your body will adjust

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#1852 Old 03-16-2012, 06:10 PM

I did it 4 months
#1853 Old 03-21-2012, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus Andromeda View Post

I did it 4 months

Congrats!

I'm in too. I've been vegan-ish since February but I would like to try to stick to it for a month. Good luck to you guys too!
#1854 Old 03-26-2012, 05:32 PM

Been vegan since March 11th. Doing the one month challenge. So far so good Opens up a whole new level of culinary goodness, just sucks when eating out
#1855 Old 03-26-2012, 09:46 PM

There is another site doing the same challenge www.veganlove.net check it out!!
#1856 Old 04-01-2012, 08:36 AM

I have been eating 95% vegan for a while. I think the only reason I occasionally make exceptions is that I had not specifically made the commitment to Veganism. I ate mostly vegan during the month of March. I have been vegetarian for a decade now, but I'll have to start programming my mind to be cautious of ingredients again that may be vegetarian, but not vegan. I have decided to consider it fun. I think since it's the start of a new month, I am going to make the commitment and give it an honest shot. We'll see where this goes...
#1857 Old 04-01-2012, 09:14 AM
Veggie Regular

Good luck everyone!
#1858 Old 04-02-2012, 09:48 AM

Feeling great! Hope everyone else is too.
#1859 Old 04-11-2012, 06:18 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm starting my 30 day vegan challenge tomorrow!! I'm so excited to go grocery shopping and stock up on all the vegan goodness!!!

ÂAn animalÂs eyes have the power to speak a great language.Â
ÂMartin Buber
#1860 Old 04-12-2012, 04:12 AM

I have been slipping up a bit. Time to start over, I guess.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page