vegetarian transition to vegan - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-08-2020, 06:57 AM

Arrow vegetarian transition to vegan

I am vegetarian and have been for a long time and now I have decided to transition over to vegan. The hardest thing for me to do has been to give up sugar cheese eggs and milk but I know in the long run its better for the animals environment and for my health. I am not really in a country right now where I am able to find the tofu or veggies meats or soy or almond milk stuff like that and when and if I can they make it costly . Im on a bit of a tight budget . The staples here are mostly rice and pasta or some type of bread. I like them some times but not enough to eat it constantly. Im just really looking for some ideas on what i can cook so that it does not get boring and i am making sure i get all the vitamins I need I also have anemia and like can be vegan on a budget and it wont break me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-11-2020, 10:12 AM
Tom
Veggie Regular

Hi, Ameerah!

I don't know that much about Egyptian cuisine, although I've heard of ful medames (I don't know if I spelled that right- and although it's vegetarian, I can't remember if it's vegan... I think it has egg in it? But if you made it yourself, of course you could leave the egg out.

You're right about good food being expensive sometimes- it's the same way where I am. Are you in an area where a garden would be possible? Even if you only have a patio with no soil, you might be able to grow some things in containers; the only thing about plants in containers is that they dry out faster than they would in the ground, and you have to be more careful about watering. If there's no place at all for a garden where you live, I don't know if they have community gardens in Egypt. If you've never gardened before, you could start small, with just a few plants that you know you like to eat.

I eat a lot of rice, pasta, and bread, and they can get boring. The legumes and vegetables I eat with the rice and bread make things more interesting, as well as being nutritious.

I wish I could be more helpful, but I don't really know that much about your area.

EDITED TO ADD: We have a group of forums for VB members in other countries. I looked, and there's already at least one thread for Egypt:

https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/2...one-egypt.html

In that same section of VB, there are also threads for other countries near you. Welcome!

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.

Last edited by Tom; 07-11-2020 at 10:18 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page