I have been feeling weird since starting my transition to vegan. - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By David3
  • 2 Post By Mr. H.
  • 1 Post By rylielovessoftball
 
Thread Tools
#1 Old 05-27-2018, 03:05 PM
A softball catcher
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Huntington Beach, California, USA
Posts: 57
I have been feeling weird since starting my transition to vegan.

I started my vegan journey a week ago. I have since given up milk and am working on cheese. I've also been adding in more greens and grains into my diet. I've been working in more broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, chard and spinach into my diet along with quinoa. Plus I'm working in more fruits and veggies as well as drinking regular smoothies along with green smoothies.

However, the last few days, I noticed I've been feeling kinda weird. I've been having a lot of bloating, gas and diarreah. It came to a head last night after going to a cookout at a teammate's and we were eating black bean burgers (I topped mine with kimchi, avocado, pickles, pickled chili relish and another burger with a veggie chili [YUM! ]). It's like I'm constantly in the bathroom. It's aggravating. Is what I'm feeling normal and how long does the feeling last?
rylielovessoftball is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 Old 05-27-2018, 03:25 PM
Vegan since 1991
 
David3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 3,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylielovessoftball View Post
I started my vegan journey a week ago. I have since given up milk and am working on cheese. I've also been adding in more greens and grains into my diet. I've been working in more broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, chard and spinach into my diet along with quinoa. Plus I'm working in more fruits and veggies as well as drinking regular smoothies along with green smoothies.

However, the last few days, I noticed I've been feeling kinda weird. I've been having a lot of bloating, gas and diarreah. It came to a head last night after going to a cookout at a teammate's and we were eating black bean burgers (I topped mine with kimchi, avocado, pickles, pickled chili relish and another burger with a veggie chili [YUM! ]). It's like I'm constantly in the bathroom. It's aggravating. Is what I'm feeling normal and how long does the feeling last?

Hi Rylie,

The reputable Mayo Clinic has published a good webpage about the treatment of diarrhea: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...t/drc-20352246

If your diarrhea lasts for more than 3 days, please see your doctor.

According to the Mayo Clinic webpage, diarrhea can be made worse by eating excessive amounts of fiber. You might try cutting back a bit on the most fiber-rich foods. Here is a table showing the fiber content of common foods: https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...s/art-20050948



The Vegan Society recommends this approximate ratio of foods. Because you are an athlete with higher calorie needs, you will need a higher ratio of calorie-dense foods (grains, beans, and nuts/seeds).





From long-time vegan registered dietitian Brenda Davis, here is a very good webpage about vegan nutrition: http://www.brendadavisrd.com/my-vegan-plate/
.

_________

Specific recommendations for a healthy diet include: eating more fruit, vegetables, legumes, nuts and grains; cutting down on salt, sugar and fats. It is also advisable to choose unsaturated fats, instead of saturated fats and towards the elimination of trans-fatty acids."
- United Nations' World Health Organization
http://www.who.int/topics/diet/en/

Last edited by David3; 05-27-2018 at 07:45 PM.
David3 is offline  
#3 Old 05-27-2018, 05:27 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 291
Bloating is the number one complaint of vegans transitioning.
Several pieces of good news to follow.

First, It means you have significantly improved your diet.
Most Americans, eat a low fiber diet. fifteen grams of fiber is about average. which means half of the people eat less than that. The RDA is 25 - 30 grams. And the average vegan eats about 47 grams of fiber a day. Which means that half of all vegans eat over 50!

Now the thing about fiber is that it is indigestible by humans. But our gut bacteria digest it. the guts bacteria is like a little ecology. A biosphere open at both ends so to speak. And most people's ecology is very depleted. Like a rainforest during a long and severe drought. Actually, it is even worse than that. Because every time you get sick, and the doctor prescribes an antibiotic your gut's flora is wiped out. And many of our foods (especial the animal products) are contaminated with antibiotics. So not only is the bacteria starving they are poisoned too.

So... all that good food you have been eating has got WAY more fiber than you are used to. And bacteria are able to reproduce very rapidly IF they have enough food. Some bacteria can reproduce in less than an hour.

it's like a yard where you weren't watering or fertilizing - and started watering and fertilizing but also stopped mowing. and time is sped up so that one week is like one hour. So... 3 days later - you have a jungle!

Bacteria produce gasses. oxygen, nitrogen, carbon dioxide, hydrogen, and methane. It's all these gasses that are causing that bloated feeling.

The other thing is that the bacteria make up different teams. and they compete against each other. (I think they even eat each other - but i'm not sure). But anyway, with this sudden change in your diet the bacteria with the shortest reproduction rates out-compete the slower ones. But each species has some different competitive advantages. and after a while, the bacteria will form an equilibrium. If you ever studied population cycles - its like that. But in the meantime, it's like dropping a million dollars in cash on your high school. things get pretty chaotic.

the good news is that in a few more days - no longer than 2 - 3 weeks, your gut will reach a new happy balance. good healthy populations of gut bacteria have been shown to provide your body with lots of good things. One of the things is that some of your cravings for sweets is caused by gut bacteria. Plus better digestion and better absorption of nutrients. Also, this is pretty new stuff but a healthy ecosystem in your gut has been shown to fight off colds, flu and maybe even some cancers.

One thing that you should probably do. in fact, I sort of feel bad that I didn't recommend it earlier - but in my defense, I thought you were transitioning a lot slower - is to pick up a good probiotic. Some of the species of bacteria that are normally found in a person's gut might have gone extinct, especially if you took an antibiotic for a while. But don't just get one of those ones that have just one or two species (like acidophilus or Lactobacillus) you want one with a big variety. At least 9 species. I think Genesis Today has the biggest bang for the buck. And you don't have to take it for the rest of your life. Probably just 2 - 3 weeks.

A short-term solution is to pick up some Bean-O. It contains an enzyme that allows for your body to digest some fiber. Or you could just back off some of the hi fiber food for a while. But I think the best thing is to just gut it out (pun intended). Things will improve in just a little while.
Mr. H. is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#4 Old 05-27-2018, 11:27 PM
A softball catcher
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Huntington Beach, California, USA
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. H. View Post
Bloating is the number one complaint of vegans transitioning.
Several pieces of good news to follow.

First, It means you have significantly improved your diet.
Most Americans, eat a low fiber diet. fifteen grams of fiber is about average. which means half of the people eat less than that. The RDA is 25 - 30 grams. And the average vegan eats about 47 grams of fiber a day. Which means that half of all vegans eat over 50!

Now the thing about fiber is that it is indigestible by humans. But our gut bacteria digest it. the guts bacteria is like a little ecology. A biosphere open at both ends so to speak. And most people's ecology is very depleted. Like a rainforest during a long and severe drought. Actually, it is even worse than that. Because every time you get sick, and the doctor prescribes an antibiotic your gut's flora is wiped out. And many of our foods (especial the animal products) are contaminated with antibiotics. So not only is the bacteria starving they are poisoned too.

So... all that good food you have been eating has got WAY more fiber than you are used to. And bacteria are able to reproduce very rapidly IF they have enough food. Some bacteria can reproduce in less than an hour.

it's like a yard where you weren't watering or fertilizing - and started watering and fertilizing but also stopped mowing. and time is sped up so that one week is like one hour. So... 3 days later - you have a jungle!

Bacteria produce gasses. oxygen, nitrogen, carbon dioxide, hydrogen, and methane. It's all these gasses that are causing that bloated feeling.

The other thing is that the bacteria make up different teams. and they compete against each other. (I think they even eat each other - but i'm not sure). But anyway, with this sudden change in your diet the bacteria with the shortest reproduction rates out-compete the slower ones. But each species has some different competitive advantages. and after a while, the bacteria will form an equilibrium. If you ever studied population cycles - its like that. But in the meantime, it's like dropping a million dollars in cash on your high school. things get pretty chaotic.

the good news is that in a few more days - no longer than 2 - 3 weeks, your gut will reach a new happy balance. good healthy populations of gut bacteria have been shown to provide your body with lots of good things. One of the things is that some of your cravings for sweets is caused by gut bacteria. Plus better digestion and better absorption of nutrients. Also, this is pretty new stuff but a healthy ecosystem in your gut has been shown to fight off colds, flu and maybe even some cancers.

One thing that you should probably do. in fact, I sort of feel bad that I didn't recommend it earlier - but in my defense, I thought you were transitioning a lot slower - is to pick up a good probiotic. Some of the species of bacteria that are normally found in a person's gut might have gone extinct, especially if you took an antibiotic for a while. But don't just get one of those ones that have just one or two species (like acidophilus or Lactobacillus) you want one with a big variety. At least 9 species. I think Genesis Today has the biggest bang for the buck. And you don't have to take it for the rest of your life. Probably just 2 - 3 weeks.

A short-term solution is to pick up some Bean-O. It contains an enzyme that allows for your body to digest some fiber. Or you could just back off some of the hi fiber food for a while. But I think the best thing is to just gut it out (pun intended). Things will improve in just a little while.
I've definitely noticed a difference since I started adopting a plant based diet versus more of an omnivore diet. I mean, I've always eaten fruits, veggies and greens but not in the amounts I've begun eating them in. I'm eating more fruits and veggies now than I have in a long time and I'm experimenting with making smoothies and that kind of thing. I think I'm downing them faster now than I ever did too. I'm still hunting a good protein shake recipe though that's quick for when I have to travel for softball tournaments.

I never knew Americans eat so few fiberous things. I know I had been fairly regular before and have had constipation and diarreah before. But with the diarreah I've been having it's unreal. Plus, I've had quite a few smelly episodes too (I know, TMI ). I've stunk out my brothers to great amusement.

I'm also feeling...I don't know...a little more energetic since I have adopted a plant based diet. I feel like I can push myself a little harder and a little longer. I don't know if that's a placebo effect tho.

I'm glad that I'll be reproducing my gut flora very quickly and I should be returning to normal soon. I know I am destroying toilet paper right now at an alarming rate. I swear an enviormental group will be hunting me down, knocking down my door and dragging me off to face court for my crimes against the mighty Lorax .

I'm wondering though, will I have this come back when I really start eliminating meat and eggs from my diet or will my gut have come to a level where my gut flora will have enough of a population where I just won't feel it as bad? I know that meat and eggs are going to be the hardest for me kick because of the associations with my old diet and stuff that I think it will probably be the hardest to give up. I'll probably wait a month or so before I make the next leap after cheeses.

Speaking of cheese...I've been doing good at not giving into my cheese cravings. I was looking in the refrigerator after I came home from playing softball (we lost in the semi final of our tournament) and going to pick up stuff for the family. I could feel my twin brother's cheese sticks calling me. But I resisted the urge to eat one or two of them. I'm also cutting back on the amount of meat I'm ingesting right now. I'd like to maybe cut back gradually until I'm not eating it anymore and besides I really want to not miss it. Any tips and trick would be great or even inspiration .
rylielovessoftball is offline  
#5 Old 05-28-2018, 05:58 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 291
My favorite protein shake recipe.

My strategy is to make this in a big blender. So check out the size of your blender and do the math. Or if you have one of those personal blenders - just make 'em one a time.

8 oz soy milk
one banana
1 tbsp flax seed
1 - 2 tbsp peanut butter. You can use more if you like the protein and don't mind the fat and like the PB taste. or less if you need less fat and don't like the PB taste. You can also sub almond butter for peanut butter.
About 300 calories and about 15 grams of protein.
Optional is chocolate syrup or protein powder. but IMHO both are unnecessary. You can also add a strawberry - or 4.

When i make a blender full, I put it in jars and freeze them. Then I take it and throw the jar in the gym bag. It takes hours to defrost and then it just needs a good shake. Or take it from the blender and put an ice cube in it and put it in an insulated tumbler like for coffee.

You could use a different plant milk but soy and pea have the most protein per cup. Unsweetened soy has the least sugar - and with the banana and PB you can't really taste it anyway.

The flax seed is for healthy fats and Omega 3.

BTW, any protein shake with more than 20 grams of protein is just a waste of protein - our bodies can't absorb protein that fast.
Mr. H. is offline  
#6 Old 05-28-2018, 06:16 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 291
One of the pros of going thru a transition gradually is not "getting ahead" of the transitions to your gut flora. But one of the advantages of rapid transition is to get the gut flora going in the right direction rapidly.

All of the PBWF diet doctors say that the gut flora is a huge help in transitioning. Actually killing some of the cravings for things like meat and dairy (and sugar and fat). They also say that they help in the absorption of food and the production of hormones (like serotonin) so some of that good feeling may not be placebo but your diet.

as far as cheese cravings go... they are real things. Cheese is very addictive. there was some study done with a brain scanning thingie and they saw the same kinds of brain activity in patients eating cheese as drug addicts. Milk proteins, fat, and salt all mess with our brains. So the good news is that if you stop eating cheese the cravings will go away. Maybe in just a few days.

Another thing is that as you get past dairy, it will make meat that much easier to give up. I'm not sure what you can expect as far as your bowels go. My best guess is that since you have already started reducing animal products it will just get better/easier.
Mr. H. is offline  
#7 Old 05-28-2018, 06:23 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 291
Just one last thought. In regards to diarrhea. Our bodies will speed up peristalsis when it's trying to get rid of things. Like when you are sick or poisoned. so it might be that diarrhea has nothing to do with your transition. Just something you ate. But that usually just lasts one or two days. Although a bug lasts longer but those usually include a fever.
Mr. H. is offline  
#8 Old 05-28-2018, 10:38 AM
A softball catcher
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Huntington Beach, California, USA
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. H. View Post
My favorite protein shake recipe.

My strategy is to make this in a big blender. So check out the size of your blender and do the math. Or if you have one of those personal blenders - just make 'em one a time.

8 oz soy milk
one banana
1 tbsp flax seed
1 - 2 tbsp peanut butter. You can use more if you like the protein and don't mind the fat and like the PB taste. or less if you need less fat and don't like the PB taste. You can also sub almond butter for peanut butter.
About 300 calories and about 15 grams of protein.
Optional is chocolate syrup or protein powder. but IMHO both are unnecessary. You can also add a strawberry - or 4.

When i make a blender full, I put it in jars and freeze them. Then I take it and throw the jar in the gym bag. It takes hours to defrost and then it just needs a good shake. Or take it from the blender and put an ice cube in it and put it in an insulated tumbler like for coffee.

You could use a different plant milk but soy and pea have the most protein per cup. Unsweetened soy has the least sugar - and with the banana and PB you can't really taste it anyway.

The flax seed is for healthy fats and Omega 3.

BTW, any protein shake with more than 20 grams of protein is just a waste of protein - our bodies can't absorb protein that fast.
Thank you so much for this recipe. I'm definitely going to try this. It seems like it would be really easy for me to make a big batch of this and split it up into smaller containers and freeze it. Thankfully, I have a Ninja blender and can make it 64 oz at a time if need be. Can I add other berries and fruit to it if I don't have strawberries like adding blueberries?
rylielovessoftball is offline  
#9 Old 05-28-2018, 10:53 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 291
For me, it's the PB that is the thing to be worked around. I have no problems with peanut butter and banana. I think strawberries work ok with bananas and PB. but I'm not so sure about blueberries. Try it and let me know.

Another idea is that if you stick with the soymilk and flax seed, you can just make bigger servings and almost maintain the protein content without the peanut butter. Especially with the warm weather - a bigger serving is easy to drink.
Mr. H. is offline  
#10 Old 05-28-2018, 02:33 PM
A softball catcher
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Huntington Beach, California, USA
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. H. View Post
One of the pros of going thru a transition gradually is not "getting ahead" of the transitions to your gut flora. But one of the advantages of rapid transition is to get the gut flora going in the right direction rapidly.

All of the PBWF diet doctors say that the gut flora is a huge help in transitioning. Actually killing some of the cravings for things like meat and dairy (and sugar and fat). They also say that they help in the absorption of food and the production of hormones (like serotonin) so some of that good feeling may not be placebo but your diet.

as far as cheese cravings go... they are real things. Cheese is very addictive. there was some study done with a brain scanning thingie and they saw the same kinds of brain activity in patients eating cheese as drug addicts. Milk proteins, fat, and salt all mess with our brains. So the good news is that if you stop eating cheese the cravings will go away. Maybe in just a few days.

Another thing is that as you get past dairy, it will make meat that much easier to give up. I'm not sure what you can expect as far as your bowels go. My best guess is that since you have already started reducing animal products it will just get better/easier.
I'm surprised how addictive cheese can be. I never really thought about how addictive certain foods can be. I am trying to make my transition as smooth as possible but sometimes its hard to not give in to cravings. It will be great if I can conquer these cravings relatively quickly because I know looking at my brothers cheese sticks is getting a little difficult.

I'm hoping meat will be a little easier if I'm doing dairy first. I'm not looking forward to doing eggs, lol.
rylielovessoftball is offline  
#11 Old 05-28-2018, 02:41 PM
A softball catcher
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Huntington Beach, California, USA
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. H. View Post
For me, it's the PB that is the thing to be worked around. I have no problems with peanut butter and banana. I think strawberries work ok with bananas and PB. but I'm not so sure about blueberries. Try it and let me know.

Another idea is that if you stick with the soymilk and flax seed, you can just make bigger servings and almost maintain the protein content without the peanut butter. Especially with the warm weather - a bigger serving is easy to drink.
I made some of that protein shake you posted the recipe for. It's so good . I'm going to experiment over the next little bit with it and see what berries and stuff would be good in it. The only addition I made so far was some chocolate powder.
Mr. H. likes this.
rylielovessoftball is offline  
#12 Old 05-28-2018, 04:42 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylielovessoftball View Post
I made some of that protein shake you posted the recipe for. It's so good . I'm going to experiment over the next little bit with it and see what berries and stuff would be good in it. The only addition I made so far was some chocolate powder.
for a while, I added chocolate protein powder, till I figured out it was unnecessary. the shake has plenty of protein.

I have added chocolate syrup, too. but i think it tastes fine without it. Plus i have issues with the big chocolate companies.

that reminds me of another good shake.

pineapple juice. and mango and/or pineapple and/or papaya and/or strawberries and/or blueberries, and/or banana. This is a good base for a green smoothie. You can add some spinach or kale. optional: vanilla or fruit flavored protein powder. Vega is a good brand.
Mr. H. is offline  
#13 Old 05-28-2018, 07:27 PM
A softball catcher
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Huntington Beach, California, USA
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. H. View Post
for a while, I added chocolate protein powder, till I figured out it was unnecessary. the shake has plenty of protein.

I have added chocolate syrup, too. but i think it tastes fine without it. Plus i have issues with the big chocolate companies.

that reminds me of another good shake.

pineapple juice. and mango and/or pineapple and/or papaya and/or strawberries and/or blueberries, and/or banana. This is a good base for a green smoothie. You can add some spinach or kale. optional: vanilla or fruit flavored protein powder. Vega is a good brand.
I've seen chocolate protein powder in Target before. I've never tried it. I had added a little bit of Ovaltine powder to mine and thought it was pretty good. I would imagine if I could do it, I could make chocolate powder out of some cheap chocolate chips or if I could find a farmers market that sells it, a few chunks off of a block of chocolate. I would imagine vanilla would be good in this if I had some vanilla pudding mix.

That shake does sound really good that you mentioned. I absolutely love pineapple, mango, strawberries, blueberries and bananas. I would imagine raspberries would be good too. I also just got some kale and am trying to find something I can do with it.
rylielovessoftball is offline  
#14 Old 05-29-2018, 07:39 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 291
For green smoothies, I usually take Pineapple juice, banana, and whatever fresh fruit i have at hand and a handful of kale per glass.
I think there is a thread here on the subject.

I just made this for the first time last week. I had fresh peaches and fresh mango.
https://minimalistbaker.com/mango-gi...reen-smoothie/
It was pretty good. But my tummy didn't like it. Maybe it was too acidic for me.

I haven't tried any of these. But i think i will try some soon.
https://www.blendtec.com/blogs/news/...kale-smoothies
I like using juice instead of milk for green smoothies. but I think I'll try some of these with soy milk.
Mr. H. is offline  
#15 Old 10-27-2018, 05:31 PM
Newbie
 
Vegan690's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 45
Hi. I just wanted to clear some things up I read that wasn’t entirely accurate in the postings. What you are going through is completely normal. What is going on is your body is healing. The bloating is caused by a change in the structure of your gut biome. People who eat meat dairy and eggs litterallu get the same bacteria in their gut that petrifies flesh. It’s the same bacteria that grows on dead animals on the side of the road. The phrase “beef, it’s whats rotting in your colon” is 100% correct. Meat rots. So when you clean up your diet your going to have cravings, bloating, constipation and/or diarrhea. Those bacteria don’t want to die! And bacteria in our guts make hormones that sends signals to our brains. When they get hungry they create hormones that tell your brain to eat more meat or cheese because that is what they prefer. Now. You start eating more starch fruits and veggies your going to trace the flesh rotting bacteria and cause the good bacteria to flourish. After awhile the meat rotting bacteria will die and the cravings for meat will gradually dimension. You’ll find you’ll start craving kale. Seriously. Because you’ll have those bacteria dominant in your gut. Now. There is one major difference between the hormones the meat vs plant eating bacteria create besides telling you what foods they want you to eat. That is the hormones themselves alter our brain chemistry. The hormones plant eating bacteria make also happen to be positive mood regulating hormones....serotonin....which is an explanation as to why depression is so prevalent in our society. People eat too much meat. Not enough fruits and veggies. So they don’t have enough good gut bacteria making good hormones... also. Energy increase is normal too. You’ll find you’ll be able to run faster, farther and recover quicker. Your resting heart rat will go down because your cleaning out all the garbage...plaque in your veins, making it easier for your heart to pump your blood. Also healthier food had more nutrients and plant carbohydrates is the ideal fuel for our bodies, think potatoes and fruits. Our bodies don’t burn fat or protein well, but we burn carbohydrates up like crazy.
Oh. And cheese and dairy contain casho-Morphines. See the word morphine there? Right. This morphine binds to our morphine receptors in our brains just like real morphine does. The effect isn’t as pronounced obviously but it’s the reason why cheese makes you feel good when you eat it and why it’s so hard to give up. It’s literally addictive. So dairy is bad bad bad news for anybody to eat. It’s as bad if not worse that cigarettes in my book. Probnaly worse because cigarettes being bad for you at least is public knowledge. Casein in dairy has been found to be nightly carcinogenic based on studies done by Dr. T. Colin Campbell. If you stop eating nothing else. Stop dairy!!! It’s the number one cause of cancer in our society.
Vegan690 is offline  
#16 Old 10-27-2018, 05:35 PM
Newbie
 
Vegan690's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 45
Sorry for the spelling errors. I have to post using my phone and this is a freakishly tiny screen!! That’s caso-morphines. I hate the autocorrect on my phone.
Vegan690 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off