Detoxing after Vacation - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Auxin

#1 Old 03-20-2016, 09:16 PM

Detoxing after Vacation

Hi. I'm new to this website and kind of new to veganism, so I'm looking for some answers. I went vegan in January of this year. I experienced a lot of detoxing symptoms at first (bloating, gas, cramps, etc.) but all of that eventually went away and I felt great.

I just got back from vacation a week ago today and I've been experiencing those same symptoms again this entire week. Lots of gas, bloated throughout the entire day, occasional abdominal cramps. To be honest, I didn't eat entirely vegan on my vacation. I ate more cheese and dairy (ice cream) than I had in a very, very long time. Plus, not to mention all the sodium from going out to dinner almost every night and consuming more than my fair share of alcohol. I also didn't eat nearly as many fruits and veggies as I typically do and stuck with a lot of granola, peanut butter, rice cakes, and avocados throughout the day because that's largely what was readily available to me.

So my question is, because I ate so much dairy and not nearly enough fruits and veggies, could I be going through a sort of detox again now that I've gotten back into my normal eating routine that incorporates a ton of fruits, veggies, and grains?

Last edited by taravegan; 03-20-2016 at 09:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-20-2016, 10:16 PM
Oryzatarian

That doesnt sound like toxicosis, that sounds like dysbiosis.
When you first went vegan your colon microbiota wasnt balanced right for all the plant foods, and it took time to balance out.
Now your back out of the planty balance. It'll probably resolve a bit quicker this time.
#3 Old 04-17-2016, 07:50 AM

Any change in diet can cause a bit of stomach upset. Usually ti sorts itself in a week or two. Stick with the foods that feel like they support your digestion and body the most. Avoid oily foods, and drink plenty of water. Avoid having any more animal fats if at all possible. Green vegetables etc will help your digestion to stabilise. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page