How long did it take you to become vegan? - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 39Likes

#31 Old 12-05-2015, 10:03 PM

Going vegan

I started a "going Vegan" page on Facebook
Where you can watch me trying but not always succeeding to transition. The struggle is real!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 12-13-2015, 04:27 PM
Veggie Regular

I went vegetarian when I was 6 years old. But it wasn't really vegetarian. I went pescatarian. We ate fish about once a month for about two years. So I actually went vegetarian when I was 8 but I really feel like I went veg at age 6 because that's when I declared I wasn't eating animals anymore. Then when I was about 13 I went vegan. I stayed vegan for about a year. I finally caved and went back to being vegetarian, mostly because of peer pressure but also because time was different then. There wasn't the internet and I didn't know any other vegans my age. Also, there weren't very many specialty vegan products and none were actually labeled vegan, they were just "accidentally vegan." Finally I went vegan again when I was 30 years old. My husband and I did it together. We started by being vegan only at home and vegetarian when out to eat at restaurants. Then we took a weekend trip and decided to try to be vegan the whole trip. We were successful and so when we came home we declared ourselves vegan and stopped eating cheese or eggs at restaurants. There were a couple accidents and slip-ups in that first year but we navigated it OK. At this point we've been vegan for about 10 years
#33 Old 01-08-2016, 04:31 AM
Ms.

I have started taking vegan diet quite seriously for last 3-4 months, and I have felt much better improvement in my health and digestion. Earlier I had a flatulence problem and always felt uneasiness in my stomach , but now I feel quite lighter and better.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page