Gluten free vegan vacation house snacks - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By azerea_02

#1 Old 08-07-2014, 12:26 PM
Beginner

Gluten free vegan vacation house snacks

Any ideas?

We'll usually have about 8 people around, with a few meals at 15-20 people. Meals I have pretty much covered but I want to get at least 2-4 types of of gluten-free vegan snacks to have at the house.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-07-2014, 01:21 PM
Veggie Regular

corn/potato chips? nuts/peanuts if no allergies. Oatmeal bars? Rice cakes. Fruit and veggies are always good to snack on...
#3 Old 08-07-2014, 01:54 PM
Veggie Regular

You could make kale chips?

Also, hummus is good with pretty much everything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-07-2014, 02:02 PM
Impeach the gangster

There are gluten-free vegan marshmallows, if you can find them.

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#5 Old 08-07-2014, 02:58 PM
Veggie Regular

If you make the following recipe ahead (and can keep from eating it all first) I highly recommend it:

http://ohsheglows.com/2013/02/20/bli...ters-oil-free/

I have done her recipe but used brown rice syrup in place of coconut nectar and left out the pulp. I have done it with almond butter and also peanut butter versions. And I like to add a few tablespoons of sesame seeds to it too. It makes a huge batch and keeps for a long time. I store mine in glass jars in the cupboard.

Dates are good too. And there is always popcorn. I like to spray mine with braggs liquid amino acids or just a touch of oil and nutritional yeast.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#6 Old 08-23-2014, 10:10 AM

Recently we went on a long weekend trip and I brought nuts, dried fruit, picked up some fresh fruit daily and the new obsession which the kids took over were the dairy-free Newman O's

www.danbukowski.com
#7 Old 08-23-2014, 11:37 PM
Beginner

We wound up with lots of nuts, hummus, veggies, and sea salt popcorn for snacks.

Multiple extended family members were shocked at how tasty our vegan foods were (like marinated veggie skewers vs hot dogs, guac and hummus vs canned gelatinous onion dip) and ate more of "our" food than "their" food during their visit-- nice to see

Unfortunately I have continued my streak of abject failure any time I attempt kale chips. Normally I'm a pretty good cook, but this is like batch 5 of mediocre fail.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page