• 2 Post By PigPrairieDog

#1 Old 06-17-2013, 02:34 PM

Are all cruelty free products vegan?

Should I use only natural products?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-17-2013, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator

Vegan will always mean not animal tested.

Cruelty free/not animal tested is not always vegan.

To make it worse, they don't always mention whether it's vegan or not! I hate that!

I found Everyday Shea products, which I'd used years ago, and they're very clear that the company helps people in impoverished countries, that it's all fair trade, organic, and cruelty free--nowhere did it mention if it was free of animal products! 

That bothered me because from reading the label there was one thing I was uncertain of, and it doesn't mention ingrediants on the website. I just e-mailed them about it, and will post info when they respond.

Anyway, it sometimes seems labeling vegan is seen as a bad thing to companies. Like Peace cereal. It used to clearly say vegan on the front, they got a new package, same ingrediants, same mention of organic--no mention of vegan! I e-mailed them about that too!

Also, if it's organic it's non-GMO

But if it's non-GMO it's not necessarily organic.

I mostly use natural products. Coconut oil for moisturizer is fantastic. baking soda, vinegar things like that.

There are plenty of vegan products out there, both in stores and online.

Search "vegan" and you'll find lots. Look around these threads they're are many  suggestions!

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#3 Old 06-19-2013, 08:57 PM

Does anyone know the status of Urban Decay products since they have been bought out by L'Oreal? Are they still keeping to their no testing stance?

"To the beaten pig, I hear your screams; to the scolded chicken, I feel your pain; and to the stunned cow, I see your suffering. It is real to so many of us who value your life on earth as much as our own. We are no more important than you. We are so sorry that humans possess so little mercy for those whom they have the power to abuse. We will do everything we can to end your misery until the day we die. You are not alone."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-20-2013, 04:58 AM
Banned

What vegan body lotion do you recommend? I need one.

#5 Old 06-20-2013, 05:26 AM
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your Star View Post

What vegan body lotion do you recommend? I need one.

I try to go for the cheaper ones like Kiss My Face brand.

"Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?" ~Pierre Troubetzkoy
#6 Old 06-21-2013, 05:39 AM
Banned

Thanks.

#7 Old 11-17-2013, 10:44 PM

Kiss My Face!! I like the unscented or vanilla for my hands/body, and the Peaches & Cream for my face. Also, plain cocoa butter or vitamin E oil is great as an overnight sort of treatment with socks or gloves on top. :)

#8 Old 01-29-2014, 07:50 AM

There is a store in our nearby mall called The Body Shoppe and almost everything in it is vegan, with the exception on a couple of things like certain lip baalms that may have honey I think. They have great cosmetics, body washes, aromatherapy candles, and they do no animal testing. They are a franchise store so there may be one near you and the girls in there are always ready to answer any questions or help you find a product. I love the sweet lemon body wash, and the peppermint is also a favorite.
#9 Old 01-29-2014, 06:10 PM
#10 Old 12-15-2014, 12:15 PM

Vegan cosmetics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
<p><span style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;line-height:18px;background-color:rgb(245,245,245);">What vegan body lotion do you recommend? I need one.</span></p>
Hi, I am an arbonne consultant which sells vegan approved products. We have some great moisturisers, do you have a certain skin types?

Drop me an email [email protected] and I can give you some advice on some good products.

Regards
Hannah
#11 Old 12-15-2014, 01:20 PM

Hey there, this is a good post. I can understand why people would want their beauty products to be vegan. One big reason why I like my products to be vegan is the absence of harmful man made chemicals.

Here is a good thread that I recommend you read. It talks about beauty products and how they can be cheap to make yourself. This way you are behind the steering wheel of what you are putting on the biggest organ in your body, the skin.

Olive oil, coconut oil, cinnamon bark, nutmeg, peppermint oil, spices and lemons are some of the ingredients mentioned in the products you can make yourself.

Check it out: http://www.talkgreens.com/index.php/topic,115.0.html

Always Talk Greens! You will be amazed how much green you can talk.
#12 Old 12-15-2014, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganEnthusiast View Post
Hey there, this is a good post. I can understand why people would want their beauty products to be vegan. One big reason why I like my products to be vegan is the absence of harmful man made chemicals.

Here is a good thread that I recommend you read. It talks about beauty products and how they can be cheap to make yourself. This way you are behind the steering wheel of what you are putting on the biggest organ in your body, the skin.

Olive oil, coconut oil, cinnamon bark, nutmeg, peppermint oil, spices and lemons are some of the ingredients mentioned in the products you can make yourself.

Check it out: http://www.talkgreens.com/index.php/topic,115.0.html
You mean organic? Vegan refers to products that do not use animal products or ingrediants tested on animals. Many vegan products are full of man made chemicals

So right about making your own. My beauty products are sugar, sea salt, various oils, tea tree oil, baking soda and vinegar, oatmeal
Naturebound likes this.
#13 Old 12-15-2014, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silva View Post
You mean organic? Vegan refers to products that do not use animal products or ingrediants tested on animals. Many vegan products are full of man made chemicals

So right about making your own. My beauty products are sugar, sea salt, various oils, tea tree oil, baking soda and vinegar, oatmeal

I actually mean vegan because not all plants are organic. Products labeled Vegan that use man made chemicals without animals products are mislabelled. Those products should be called hazardous waste.

Always Talk Greens! You will be amazed how much green you can talk.
#14 Old 04-20-2015, 07:16 AM

I have been searching for uv gel products that are vegan, not uv gel polish but more of a builder gel and soak off.
I have emailed some company's but I haven't received any answers yet and searching the internet didn't help at all...
Any idea?
It's just that someone bought me a uv gel nail kit with the lamp and all as a present and now I have no idea what to do with it except for searching for vegan brands(and hopefully finding)
If and when the companies I inquired reply I will post it here
#15 Old 04-20-2015, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganEnthusiast View Post
I actually mean vegan because not all plants are organic. Products labeled Vegan that use man made chemicals without animals products are mislabelled. Those products should be called hazardous waste.
The chemist in me is twitching so bad.
no whey jose and lookforstars like this.
#16 Old 06-10-2015, 12:56 AM
emmasoapbox

You can get a whole range of vegan and cruelty free cosmetics, even for cheap brands in drugstores. Read my latest blog post about it here: https://letssoapbox.com/blog/vegancosmetics/ - it tells you what ingredients to look out for on the pack of packaging too
#17 Old 06-11-2015, 12:09 PM
Ethical Vegan Hindu

But if you can afford it, I would recommend buying vegan products from vegan owned businesses from their website, as then you know the money is going back into buying more vegan products.

Get them on sale, with any coupons they have to offer. Use the minimum amount to save more.

VEGAN = LOVE FOR PEOPLE, ANIMALS, PLANET.
#18 Old 06-19-2015, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erilol View Post
The chemist in me is twitching so bad.
The grammarian in me is twitching so badly.
LedBoots and Naturebound like this.
#19 Old 06-30-2015, 04:42 PM

This is for anyone in the UK - but superdrug has their own beauty and skin care range that is vegan and cruelty free I think it's called B. and it's quite cheap too
#20 Old 07-13-2015, 10:22 PM

I use and love products by Nature Works Laboratories. They are vegan, Cruelty-free, have organic components and are made in Australia. They are anti-aging serums and moisturisers etc. I get mine discounted off ebay :P

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page