Caught in the Crossfire - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-19-2003, 01:58 PM
Administrator

Interesting story...

Quote:
Iraqi Civilians Bear the Brunt of the Battle Between Insurgents, U.S. Troops

More than anyone else, it is Iraqi civilians who are dying in the battle between the insurgents and U.S. forces. And they are being killed by both sides.

Full story...

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/Night..._031118-1.html

I was extremely disappointed by this...

Quote:
U.S. military officials ? who do not keep track of civilian casualties because they say it's impossible to keep an accurate count

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-19-2003, 02:06 PM
Veggie Regular

I saw that news report on TV. It just makes me sick. You would hope that every human life is sacred. And especially when the military is there for the purpose of "liberating" and increasing "democracy" and quality of life. And they don't even bother to keep a count.

My mood is going from bad to worse today. I have to go read something positive.
#3 Old 11-19-2003, 02:59 PM

I suspect that we won't get any kind of real estimate on the number of civilian casualties unless we eventually get it from an international agancy, and then there won't be much coverage. After all, the lives of people from other countries are not as valuable as U.S. lives.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-19-2003, 03:04 PM

most of the freedom fighters in iraq are just to slick for the invading forces to weed out. so, out of frustration, they start murdering innocent civilians. there are only an estimated 5000 freedom fighters defending iraq. there are about 120,000 invading troops there. these freedom fighters are for the most part, NOT supporters of sadaam but rather just defenders of their homeland. thats like an army invading your town, what would you do, defend it or run, hide & eventually die?
#5 Old 11-19-2003, 03:31 PM

FalafelsRule, I think you're making an awful lot of assumptions there.
#6 Old 11-20-2003, 06:44 AM
Veggie Regular

I think I understand your Point of view, FalafelsRule. Think of how many americans would rise up in arms if another countries forces invaded and tried to take your right to bear arms away?

I think I should make myself a little clearer, as the above can be misunderstood rather easily.

Some americans would rather fight to the death then give up the right to bear arms. (I’m sure there is a better word then american to use, but I just can’t think of it right now) Just as some Iraqis would fight to the death then give control of their country over to another.

BTW, FalafelsRule, you should word your posts better. It sounds like you are saying the above(your post) as fact.
#7 Old 11-20-2003, 01:33 PM
Veggie Regular

An old adage says:

Make love not war!

If I'm not answering quickly enough - leave a note on Twitter for @Rheumatologe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page