What is your opinion on homosexuality? - Page 9 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#241 Old 06-07-2008, 10:01 PM
Veggie Regular

You made a statement of opinion. I disagree with your position and asked for a reference. If you aren't prepared to back up your statement, I will not feel the need to give it any credence.

I do not have any numbers to back up my opinion (after all, you were the one who made the initial claim, I assumed you made up your mind based on some evidence of some kind. I've never given the headcount of gays in Iran or Russia any thought until now). I don't expect you to give my opinion any credence either. You never have before, why would you start now?

Nec Aspera Terrent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 Old 06-07-2008, 10:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderRandy View Post

I don't expect you to give my opinion any credence either. You never have before, why would you start now?

I think this is a little over the top. You have posted a lot of stuff on this forum. You can't know for sure that I haven't given any credance, to any thing that you have posted, without actually asking me.
#243 Old 06-07-2008, 10:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegan Joe View Post

I think this is a little over the top.

I don't think Randy is the one being over the top here.
#244 Old 06-07-2008, 10:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post

I don't think Randy is the one being over the top here.

Really, then apparently you need to reread what I wrote, or say what you really mean, and not hide behind some inference.
#245 Old 06-07-2008, 10:38 PM
Veggie Regular

I promise to stay on topic if everyone else does. Sorry for getting personal.

Back to the Gay Agenda...

Nec Aspera Terrent
#246 Old 06-07-2008, 10:45 PM
Banned

Quote:

I promise to stay on topic if everyone else does. Sorry for getting personal.

Back to the Gay Agenda...

You never need to apologise to me. Forgive me if my opinions or things I say have hurt or offended you. Because I am try to voice my opinion with out hurting anyone. I know that sound like an impossiblity, but I guess thats up to you.
#247 Old 06-07-2008, 11:32 PM
Beginner

Sexuality is not black & white, it is complex, and personal. I don't understand it when people feel a need to define, label, or catagorize other people. What's the purpose of that, really?

Love is a good thing, wherever you find it.
#248 Old 06-08-2008, 12:09 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

Speaking for myself, I'm not sure that it *is* the norm, just that it's perceived to be. As for proof of that, I would argue that it's patently obvious.

Just thought I'd mention something about the last part -- from my experience running a personals site and other things -- there's a lot of "straight" bisexuals out there. I've lost count to the number of men that have a "straight" profile (to get women) and another one for men -- since "bisexual" for men = no women applying; bisexual for women = "men, please stop writing!!!"

Basically, people lie. What's funny is, Homosexual people seem honest, heterosexual people seem honest -- bisexual people lie (especially men). Just from what I've seen though
#249 Old 06-08-2008, 01:14 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by um whatever View Post

Love is a good thing, wherever you find it.

Bingo. Agree completely.
#250 Old 06-08-2008, 01:18 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I keep trying to tell you:

The people with the phobias are the guys who are afraid to hit up on the girls, and the girls who are afraid to hit up on the guys. think about it were does the fear really lie.

This is like a train wreck.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#251 Old 06-08-2008, 01:44 AM

Well I think that it is wrong.............but it doesnt make someone a bad person if they are gay, People tend to look down at certain people because of certain sins but in reality God views every sin as the same and there really arent "good people" or "bad people"

It is no more wrong than gossiping, drinking, sex before marriage, disobeying parents, lying, stealing etc.....

but homosexuality is still wrong
#252 Old 06-08-2008, 03:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Care to back that up with some numbers and some sources?

I have a number of gay friends in Russia, will ask them if they have information on this. I think it does tend to be hidden though. In Iran somewhat more so, since they face the death penalty. I doubt if there is a Gay Iranian pride site, or if there is, it's probably based in another country.

I have had a look at this site:http://www.gayrussia.ru/en/

No particular stats, but lots of other info.

This is a good blog about Gay Armenia, run by my friend Artmika:

http://gayarmenia.blogspot.com and then there's this one about LGBT people in Iraq: http://iraqilgbtuk.blogspot.com/ as you can see, it is based in the UK because it's not safe to have such a site in Iraq.
#253 Old 06-08-2008, 03:32 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshmellowgirl View Post

Well I think that it is wrong.............but it doesnt make someone a bad person if they are gay, People tend to look down at certain people because of certain sins but in reality God views every sin as the same and there really arent "good people" or "bad people"

It is no more wrong than gossiping, drinking, sex before marriage, disobeying parents, lying, stealing etc.....

Pretending to be straight and marrying someone is worse.
#254 Old 06-08-2008, 03:34 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

You never need to apologise to me. Forgive me if my opinions or things I say have hurt or offended you. Because I am try to voice my opinion with out hurting anyone. I know that sound like an impossiblity, but I guess thats up to you.

I wasn't apologizing to you. I was apologizing to the rest of our membership for taking the discussion into the realm of personal confrontation.

Your opinions have never hurt me. They have quite frequently offended me.

I'll live.

Nec Aspera Terrent
#255 Old 06-08-2008, 03:45 AM
Veggie Regular

Also found an Iranian gay organisation based in Toronto: http://www.irqo.net/
#256 Old 06-08-2008, 05:29 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Good lord.

Jokes on you when you die and just rot in the ground.
#257 Old 06-08-2008, 06:22 AM

Quote:

The people with the phobias are the guys who are afraid to hit up on the girls, and the girls who are afraid to hit up on the guys. think about it were does the fear really lie.

Your implication here (which I've no doubt you later deny making) that people are gay because they are afraid to hit up members of the opposite sex is simply absurd. Not just mildly absurd, mind you, but ridiculous to the degree that, if you truly believe this, you must be in some sort of delusional state.

What about all of the men/women who are straight, but timid about dating? Or, if you prefer, what about the gay men/women who are shy wrt asking someone out?

<<pauses to laugh again

At least, now all those who wish their children to be straight, have the answer. I can picture it now...ads in uber-conservative magazines for "How to hit on women" classes for teen boys.

Oh my my my.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#258 Old 06-08-2008, 08:08 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Why do you think it's wrong? What besides the usual "the bible says so" makes you think that being gay is bad?
#259 Old 06-08-2008, 08:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

Your implication here (which I've no doubt you later deny making) that people are gay because they are afraid to hit up members of the opposite sex is simply absurd. Not just mildly absurd, mind you, but ridiculous to the degree that, if you truly believe this, you must be in some sort of delusional state.

What about all of the men/women who are straight, but timid about dating? Or, if you prefer, what about the gay men/women who are shy wrt asking someone out?

<<pauses to laugh again

At least, now all those who wish their children to be straight, have the answer. I can picture it now...ads in uber-conservative magazines for "How to hit on women" classes for teen boys.

Oh my my my.

Your references of absurd, and delusional, are laughable, yet there is no substance to your statement.
#260 Old 06-08-2008, 08:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

This is like vague.
#261 Old 06-08-2008, 09:03 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

And I bet you there are a whole lot less of the even when you count bthe ones in the closet.

by the way...are you purposely trying to sound like the President of Iran? cos you sure seem to have a lot in common with the guy so far...
#262 Old 06-08-2008, 11:46 AM
Banned

Quote:

I wasn't apologizing to you. I was apologizing to the rest of our membership for taking the discussion into the realm of personal confrontation.

Your opinions have never hurt me. They have quite frequently offended me.

I'll live.

That's funny, I don't dislike you.
#263 Old 06-08-2008, 12:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Randy was right about the popcorn...
#264 Old 06-08-2008, 09:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahjayn1980 View Post

Okay, okay. Wait - I'm a girl. I like dudes. But, I'm afraid of dating. (I really am timid.) So, Vegan Joe, you're saying it would be easier for me to suddenly overcome my embedded shyness and fear of rejection and start hitting on chicks?

Being hetero, you don't fit into the statement about who has the phobia. Don't confuse what I said, with what Iamjen said.
#265 Old 06-08-2008, 10:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Wow. Just... wow.

Jen said it best. If you truly believe this statement, you are delusional.

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
#266 Old 06-08-2008, 10:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

Casey Jones you better watch your speed!
#267 Old 06-08-2008, 10:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

we need an emoticon for :bonk:

seriously and badly
#268 Old 06-08-2008, 10:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannah View Post

we need an emoticon for :bonk:

seriously and badly

Try this one

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
#269 Old 06-08-2008, 10:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy View Post

Try this one

I have compiled a list of 6 alternative smilies.

#270 Old 06-08-2008, 10:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy View Post

Wow. Just... wow.

Jen said it best. If you truly believe this statement, you are delusional.

Just one more brainwashed individual led to believe that it's the heteros with the phobias. Ponder this for awhile before you go jumping on anyone band wagon. Homos, no doubt, have more phobias then heteros. But yet the first thing out of their mouth is you're homophobic. So let me straighten you out. And don't waste your time ,energy, or typing skills, tring to prove to me that this is not so.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page