10 year old gives birth after rape - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#1 Old 05-08-2008, 11:47 PM
Veggie Regular
 
guinnesshero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,510
Quote:
A 37-year-old man is charged with raping a 10-year-old girl who gave birth last month in Idaho.



"St. Anthony Police said they were notified of the young girl's pregnancy by medical personnel after she went in for treatment at a doctor's office," KIFI-TV reports on its website.







How someone can even see a 10 year old sexualy is beyond me.I wasnt even aware that a 10 year olf could get pregnant.



http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline...iv.html?csp=34
guinnesshero is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 Old 05-08-2008, 11:56 PM
Veggie Regular
 
otomik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: columbus, ohio
Posts: 4,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnesshero View Post

How someone can even see a 10 year old sexualy is beyond me.I wasnt even aware that a 10 year olf could get pregnant.



http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline...iv.html?csp=34



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._birth_mothers

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia View Post

* 1939: Lina Medina of Paurange, Peru gave birth to a 2.7 kg son (5.9 lb), Gerardo, by caesarean section on May 14, 1939 in Lima at the age of 5 years, 7 months and 21 days. Her parents, who assumed their daughter had a tumor, took her to a hospital, where she was determined to be seven months pregnant. Although Medina's father was arrested on suspicion of rape, he was later released due to lack of evidence, and the identity of who impregnated Medina was never uncovered. The reason for her precocious fertility was cited to not lie in the ovaries themselves, but to must have stemmed from an extraordinary hormonal disorder of pituitary origin, causing her to have regular periods since the age of 3.[1]


* This post may contain pork, beef and fingers of undocumented workers. This post was manufactured in a facility that processes peanuts.
otomik is offline  
#3 Old 05-09-2008, 12:10 AM
Veggie Regular
 
WonderRandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,591
*squirms*

Nec Aspera Terrent
WonderRandy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#4 Old 05-09-2008, 05:26 AM
Veggie Regular
 
nookle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,003
I think that there are plenty of 10 year olds today who have already hit puberty. I remember when I was in grade 5 - so.... 10, right? - there were a few girls who had already. And that was more than 15 years ago, so it certainly wouldn't surprise me today to see kids even younger than 10 with the ability to conceive.
nookle is offline  
#5 Old 05-09-2008, 05:33 AM
Veggie Regular
 
guinnesshero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by nookle View Post

I think that there are plenty of 10 year olds today who have already hit puberty. I remember when I was in grade 5 - so.... 10, right? - there were a few girls who had already. And that was more than 15 years ago, so it certainly wouldn't surprise me today to see kids even younger than 10 with the ability to conceive.



im not a girl and i have a son not a daughter, but i was always under the impression that it usualy happened around 13 or 14. I think i remebr seeing somewhere that in countrys where they dont have all this meat injected with growth hormones that girls dont get their period untill around 17.
guinnesshero is offline  
#6 Old 05-09-2008, 05:40 AM
Veggie Regular
 
nookle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,003
I think that left alone it is supposed to be around 13 or 14, yes. Not sure, but I think that's the case. But I think people are far from left alone here in the beautiful 21st century. And I think it has a lot to do with a lot more than hormones in meat. Again - not sure. I remember, though, seeing something on the news awhile back (a couple of years ago?) talking with a family who were veg, and ate entirely organic, used organic materials, etc., etc., basically did everything they could to avoid contamination, but they still had unreasonable levels of a lot of hormones and contaminants in their blood simply from living in this world. Sucks, right?
nookle is offline  
#7 Old 05-09-2008, 05:44 AM
Veggie Regular
 
guinnesshero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by nookle View Post

I think that left alone it is supposed to be around 13 or 14, yes. Not sure, but I think that's the case. But I think people are far from left alone here in the beautiful 21st century. And I think it has a lot to do with a lot more than hormones in meat. Again - not sure. I remember, though, seeing something on the news awhile back (a couple of years ago?) talking with a family who were veg, and ate entirely organic, used organic materials, etc., etc., basically did everything they could to avoid contamination, but they still had unreasonable levels of a lot of hormones and contaminants in their blood simply from living in this world. Sucks, right?



Big time
guinnesshero is offline  
#8 Old 05-09-2008, 06:12 AM
Newbie
 
thalestral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 81
I believe genetics are the major force behind the onset of puberty, followed by environmental influences. Certainly when I was younger 13-14 was slightly above average, and while under 10 was early it wasn't unheard of.
thalestral is offline  
#9 Old 05-09-2008, 06:21 AM
Kiz
Veggie Regular
 
Kiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 12,132
The fact that the onset of puberty has been falling rapidly over the last few decades is fairly well documented, though. Genetics alone cannot explain that.

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
Kiz is offline  
#10 Old 05-09-2008, 06:23 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Sevenseas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 25,067
What is this recent trend of posting the most gruesome news stories from the net?

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

Sevenseas is offline  
#11 Old 05-09-2008, 06:35 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Byzantea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

What is this recent trend of posting the most gruesome news stories from the net?



Dunno, but I'm glad to see this thread hasn't done like most do on this topic: e.g., turning into a 9 page murder fantasy fest where normal adults post in great detail about what they would do if alone with the dog beater / child molester / bad guy.
Byzantea is offline  
#12 Old 05-09-2008, 08:38 AM
Veggie Regular
 
raefactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 739
I got my period right after I turned 10... my best friend got hers right before she turned 10. I was raised vegetarian and mostly natural, she was raised on Vienna sausages.



While this is definitely disgusting, I'm glad the guy was arrested.
raefactor is offline  
#13 Old 05-09-2008, 08:41 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Wolfie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soy 6-Pack View Post

Dunno, but I'm glad to see this thread hasn't done like most do on this topic: e.g., turning into a 9 page murder fantasy fest where normal adults post in great detail about what they would do if alone with the dog beater / child molester / bad guy.



Well if I had time I'd start it, but I have to walk my dogs and head out of town.



This is disgusting.
Wolfie is offline  
#14 Old 05-09-2008, 09:07 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Savannah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

What is this recent trend of posting the most gruesome news stories from the net?



it is a direct result of violent video games and male genital mutilation....and probably white male privilege too
Savannah is offline  
#15 Old 05-09-2008, 09:18 AM
Veggie Regular
 
guinnesshero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiz View Post

The fact that the onset of puberty has been falling rapidly over the last few decades is fairly well documented, though. Genetics alone cannot explain that.



so in 50 years or so kids will be able to breed right out of the hatch.wonderful.
guinnesshero is offline  
#16 Old 05-09-2008, 09:19 AM
Kiz
Veggie Regular
 
Kiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 12,132
And in 100 years they'll be like tribbles. Pregnant while still in the womb.

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
Kiz is offline  
#17 Old 05-09-2008, 09:22 AM
Veggie Regular
 
mrosev14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannah View Post

it is a direct result of violent video games and male genital mutilation....and probably white male privilege too



Seriously? Circumcision causes rapist? I need to warn, my dad, BF, friends who are all circumcised that they are at an increased risk of raping because they were circumcised? I am sorry, but that is lost on me.
mrosev14 is offline  
#18 Old 05-09-2008, 09:28 AM
Veggie Regular
 
nookle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,003
She might have been joking....
nookle is offline  
#19 Old 05-09-2008, 09:29 AM
Veggie Regular
 
kazyeeqen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrosev14 View Post

Seriously? Circumcision causes rapist? I need to warn, my dad, BF, friends who are all circumcised that they are at an increased risk of raping because they were circumcised? I am sorry, but that is lost on me.



Joke. Like like the comment that kids will be born pregnant, like tribbles. Jokes.
kazyeeqen is offline  
#20 Old 05-09-2008, 09:30 AM
Veggie Regular
 
mrosev14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 407
I hope so, but sometimes you don't know on these boards.
mrosev14 is offline  
#21 Old 05-09-2008, 09:31 AM
Veggie Regular
 
kazyeeqen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,595
She used a smiley to help others understand her humor, that helps.
kazyeeqen is offline  
#22 Old 05-09-2008, 09:42 AM
Veggie Regular
 
guinnesshero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrosev14 View Post

Seriously? Circumcision causes rapist? I need to warn, my dad, BF, friends who are all circumcised that they are at an increased risk of raping because they were circumcised? I am sorry, but that is lost on me.



didnt you know all circed men enjoy a good rape every now and then. sometimes I just cant help myself.lol and they call Bof humorless
guinnesshero is offline  
#23 Old 05-09-2008, 09:44 AM
Veggie Regular
 
kazyeeqen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnesshero View Post

didnt you know all circed men enjoy a good rape every now and then. sometimes I just cant help myself.lol and they call Bof humorless



Who calls Bof humorless? I'll *kill them!









*disclaimer: I wouldn't really kill anyone, don't worry.
kazyeeqen is offline  
#24 Old 05-09-2008, 09:49 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Sevenseas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 25,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazyeeqen View Post

Who calls Bof humorless? I'll *kill them!









*disclaimer: I wouldn't really kill anyone, don't worry.

I already reported your post and alerted authorities before I read the disclaimer.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

Sevenseas is offline  
#25 Old 05-09-2008, 09:50 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Skylark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 15,684
Back to the topic, kidlets.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
Skylark is offline  
#26 Old 05-09-2008, 09:55 AM
Veggie Regular
 
eggplant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 4,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnesshero View Post

im not a girl and i have a son not a daughter, but i was always under the impression that it usualy happened around 13 or 14. I think i remebr seeing somewhere that in countrys where they dont have all this meat injected with growth hormones that girls dont get their period untill around 17.



My mother was 10 when she got her period and she was born in 1941. I was 11 and I was born in 1969. Genetics play a large role in when a girl starts to menstruate. Hormones in meat and milk and obesity could be factors in why overall girls are menstruating earlier these days, but on an individual level anywhere from 9-16 are considered normal ages for first menses. 17 is pretty late and always has been.
eggplant is offline  
#27 Old 05-09-2008, 09:58 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Savannah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by nookle View Post

She might have been joking....



joking? no joking allowed....that leads to violent video games and white male mutilation...ummmm or genital violence...oh shoot now i'm totally lost!
Savannah is offline  
#28 Old 05-09-2008, 10:02 AM
Veggie Regular
 
kazyeeqen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post

My mother was 10 when she got her period and she was born in 1941. I was 11 and I was born in 1969. Genetics play a large role in when a girl starts to menstruate. Hormones in meat and milk and obesity could be factors in why overall girls are menstruating earlier these days, but on an individual level anywhere from 9-16 are considered normal ages for first menses. 17 is pretty late and always has been.



Fourteen was the latest I know of in my school at the time.



I have read that some people speculate that in ancient Greece the age was more like 17-18, for boys (they didn't write a lot about girls) but I think that is just speculation, and I don't really believe it. More likely they just mean that that is when they are considered not children.



BTW, is this on topic? Or should we be talking about the poor raped child. That is really awful.
kazyeeqen is offline  
#29 Old 05-09-2008, 10:03 AM
Veggie Regular
 
guinnesshero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannah View Post

joking? no joking allowed....that leads to violent video games and white male mutilation...ummmm or genital violence...oh shoot now i'm totally lost!



wow your obsessed with the rapeing
guinnesshero is offline  
#30 Old 05-09-2008, 10:04 AM
Veggie Regular
 
guinnesshero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazyeeqen View Post

Fourteen was the latest I know of in my school at the time.



I have read that some people speculate that in ancient Greece the age was more like 17-18, for boys (they didn't write a lot about girls) but I think that is just speculation, and I don't really believe it. More likely they just mean that that is when they are considered not children.



BTW, is this on topic? Or should we be talking about the poor raped child. That is really awful.



I guess I must just be really naive about this sort of thing.
guinnesshero is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off