10 year old gives birth after rape - Page 3 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#61 Old 05-09-2008, 11:31 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnesshero View Post

no i have a son.

Please remember that girls don't get pregnant on their own. It's just as important for boys to be informed about sex and emotional maturity as it is for girls. I don't think you'd be ready to jump for joy if your 10-year-old boy announced he was a father.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 05-09-2008, 11:36 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylark View Post

Please remember that girls don't get pregnant on their own. It's just as important for boys to be informed about sex and emotional maturity as it is for girls. I don't think you'd be ready to jump for joy if your 10-year-old boy announced he was a father.

oh I know trust me i know,But being a man I would be much more comfortable haveing that talk with a bit than a girl.Hell Id be very unhappy if my 17 year old son came home and told me he was going to be a daddy.
#63 Old 05-09-2008, 11:41 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I was thinking the same thing. Whenever someone says boys are easier to raise it really bugs me. There may be some different issues with raising boys and girls, but a lot depends on the particular boy or girl and there is nothing inherently "easier" about raising either one. It's important to teach both boys and girls about what both sexes go through in puberty and beyond, and to prepare both boys and girls for avoiding dangerous or unhealthy situations.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#64 Old 05-09-2008, 12:17 PM
Veggie Regular

I'd much rather have a girl. Emotionally it may be more difficult, but energy wise I think girls are easier. i.e. a 5 year old girl can understand that mommy is sick and will usually agree to snuggle in the bed with her and watch Kim Possible for a few hours, then bring some toys into the bedroom and play for a while, then try on a bunch of clothes... and she'll usually agree to help clean up with you, too.

A 5 year old boy, on the other hand, would be pretty unusual if he sat quietly in the bed watching TV for several hours. =P At best, most of the boys I know would have several car crashes with their toys (sound effects included) then wander out of bed after a few minutes and get into trouble >_<

But I don't have a lot of experience with kids. Just 3 younger brothers, 2 younger sisters, current and previous work in childcare and babysitting, and several years worth of nannying. :P
#65 Old 05-09-2008, 12:19 PM
Veggie Regular

I'd rather not have kids. I think that is the easiest. It's been pretty easy so far.
#66 Old 05-11-2008, 04:17 AM

i cant believe this... its outrageous and disgusting!!!!

just to think, i started getting my periods when i was 10... the thought that i could've fallen pregnant at that age.... omg.
#67 Old 05-11-2008, 05:17 AM

Truly disgraceful, the 'man' that got her pregnant should have the key thrown away.
#68 Old 05-11-2008, 08:02 PM
American Made, Rebel Born

women hit puberty earlier and earlier nowadays. my sister was 10.

cry havoc! and let slip the dogs of war.
#69 Old 05-11-2008, 08:43 PM
Veggie Regular

my 10 year old sister in law started getting her periods a few months ago so yeah it's definately possible

I'm singin' here to get rid of fear
Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"
#70 Old 05-11-2008, 09:02 PM
Veggie Regular

You know.... if one were to be the paranoid type -- they'd think that the govt was putting something in the food -- or worse that nature was altering our bodies over time because we're going to need to breed fast since we were going to die young.
#71 Old 05-12-2008, 08:52 AM
Veggie Regular

I have read before that one reason they are getting their periods earlier is because of more obesity in children - it apparently starts when you've reached a certain weight or something like that so bigger girls get it earlier than little thin girls? My cousin told me that and she's a paediatrician, obviously it is not the case for everyone but it does make sense to me considering that my sister got her period younger than i did and she was always bigger than me, and a girl i knew at school got hers when she was 9 and she was much bigger than any of us. Not just overweight but big boned etc.
#72 Old 05-12-2008, 08:57 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

oh I know trust me i know,But being a man I would be much more comfortable haveing that talk with a bit than a girl.Hell Id be very unhappy if my 17 year old son came home and told me he was going to be a daddy.

¨That talk¨? Are you referring to a single conversation in which you attempt to tell your child everything he will need to know about sex, puberty, and relationships? My mother took that route, and I didn´t care for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post

I was thinking the same thing. Whenever someone says boys are easier to raise it really bugs me. There may be some different issues with raising boys and girls, but a lot depends on the particular boy or girl and there is nothing inherently "easier" about raising either one. It's important to teach both boys and girls about what both sexes go through in puberty and beyond, and to prepare both boys and girls for avoiding dangerous or unhealthy situations.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#73 Old 05-12-2008, 09:22 AM
Veggie Regular

I and all the females in my family hit puberty before 10. My grandmother was 7 and she would have been in her 80s if still alive. So it's not that new.
#74 Old 05-12-2008, 09:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tablaqueen View Post

I have read before that one reason they are getting their periods earlier is because of more obesity in children - it apparently starts when you've reached a certain weight or something like that so bigger girls get it earlier than little thin girls? My cousin told me that and she's a paediatrician, obviously it is not the case for everyone but it does make sense to me considering that my sister got her period younger than i did and she was always bigger than me, and a girl i knew at school got hers when she was 9 and she was much bigger than any of us. Not just overweight but big boned etc.

yeah, i reckon more food and less chronic illness (i know thats going back downhill though) has a lot to do with it. kids are getting bigger and heavier, younger. doing less physical activity is a factor too- we were taught at school that the taller, skinnier, and more active sporty girls should expect things a bit later than the shorter, wider, more sedentary girls- and it did pan out that way.

even 50 or 100 years ago our bodies were fighting much more of an uphill battle to reach adulthood and maintain the required weight levels- people were eating healthier and running about more, and fighting more illnesses- they were slimmer, more compact, etc.
#75 Old 05-12-2008, 08:50 PM

yeah, i was 10 when i first got mine... far out!!

this man deserves such a long jail sentence
#76 Old 05-12-2008, 09:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Poor little girl.
#77 Old 05-13-2008, 10:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

¨That talk¨? Are you referring to a single conversation in which you attempt to tell your child everything he will need to know about sex, puberty, and relationships? My mother took that route, and I didn´t care for it.

enjoy picking apart every thing i say./sarcasm on Yes it will be one talk no questions from him involved.Not at the time of the talk or forever after. If he ask my response will be "sorry no questions Aiden you should have tanken notes"/ sarcasm off

I think its just peachy that someone with no kids and never plans on having any feels the need to share her extensive Knowledge of Child Rearing with me.And I also enjoy being criticized about the way I raise my child by childless people.
#78 Old 05-13-2008, 11:12 PM
Veggie Regular

That is horrible. If they even catch the man and put him in jail, I'm sure his cell mates will take 'good care' of him there. Pedophiles are looked down upon by most other inmates aren't they?

It's not in what you say, it's in what you do (Oasis)

Feeling bored? Why don't you wander over to my blog sometime. http://thebohemiankitchen.wordpress.com
#79 Old 05-14-2008, 02:03 AM
Veggie Regular

ps i still clearly remember reading in the paper about a 10 year old having twins - this was back in 1978 (I realise that dates me!!! i was younger than that at the time though!).
#80 Old 05-14-2008, 03:33 AM
Veggie Regular

I was ten when I started and my mother was seven or eight. I cannot imagine going through what this girl must have at my age, let alone at ten.
#81 Old 05-14-2008, 05:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

How someone can even see a 10 year old sexualy is beyond me.I wasnt even aware that a 10 year olf could get pregnant.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline...iv.html?csp=34

I'm sure someone's already said it but just in case they haven't: rape, despite the actions involved in the physical act, actually has very little to do with sex. It's about power and violence. Even old people have been raped.
#82 Old 05-14-2008, 11:40 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

not necessarily obesity.. my sister in law is huge for her age, but not weight-wise. she's thin as hell but she's almost as tall as me, has bigger feet than me, already needs training bras, and i'm pretty sure i could fit into most of her clothes. she's just growing insanely fast but she is definately not obese.

i agree it has to do with how fast they grow, their weight, etc, but not necessarily because of obesity, more just growth in general.

it's scary actually, she looks older than she is, people often mistake her for a teenager and when we're out in public we sometimes notice grown men staring at her. she's quite attractive and will be moreso when she's an adult, she could easily become a model i'm sure. but it scares the crap out of us to see grown men ogle her we all know it's because they don't realize how young she is, but still.

~Miyavi "Torture"
#83 Old 05-14-2008, 12:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

enjoy picking apart every thing i say./sarcasm on Yes it will be one talk no questions from him involved.Not at the time of the talk or forever after. If he ask my response will be "sorry no questions Aiden you should have tanken notes"/ sarcasm off

I think its just peachy that someone with no kids and never plans on having any feels the need to share her extensive Knowledge of Child Rearing with me.And I also enjoy being criticized about the way I raise my child by childless people.

To the topic at hand, that man deserves to go to jail for the rest of his miserable life. They really love child molesters and rapists in prison.

And I was 11 when I started my period.
#84 Old 05-14-2008, 02:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

My sister was 10 when she first got her period. She is very small and underweight. Her friends also started at 10 and they are also tiny and very slim.
#85 Old 05-14-2008, 03:12 PM

I got my period late (when I was 16). I also *ahem* got preggos when I was 17. Not the smartest move I admit. Few people understand the affect that has on both the health of the mother as well as the baby. I grew nearly 5 inches during my pregnancy!! (As if my body was in accelerated growth mode) and I had an incomplete cervix (despite with I still managed a natural birth thanks to an herb that aides in effacement). I was on bed rest, not to mention the emotional ramifications it had. A very hard period of my life.

The hardest part was when I found out my son had a birth defect, most likely due to the fact of my early pregnancy.

I hope to eventually be able to be active in the sex education of young women because (especially where I live), It leaves something to be desired. And people need to realize that while sexuality is something that should be celebrated, it should never be used in replacement of filling voids such as insecurity and self doubt. The love of someone else is nothing compared to the love you have for your self.
#86 Old 05-15-2008, 09:41 PM
Veggie Regular

sorry to hear you had a rough time with it, but it's great that you want to use your experiences to help young girls who might end up in similar situations otherwise.

i worry about my sister in law, her parents let her watch crap like the o.c. and the girls in her class all seem so superficial. she's turning 11 this month and wants designer clothes just so she can fit in with girls at school, and the other day started saying that she needs to lose weight because her hips are too fat. she's tiny. i gave her sh!t for that bigtime. we all agreed to not buy her designer clothes. she's a kid. a messy, dirty, hyper, careless kid who destroys everything she owns. she also outgrows stuff in a matter of weeks. she gets department store clothes and that's that. so her brother's girlfriend goes and buys her a designer shirt and for her birthday the same brother got her a gift card for the designer store she likes.

and she gripes nonstop about her hair. she's african-american and all she watches is crap with skinny white supermodels with perfect hair and thinks she should have their hair. she doesn't understand that even though her hair will never look like theirs it's still beautiful and something to be proud of. she has no pride in her ethnicity at all. i'm quite concerned about how she's going to be in another couple years. if she's that impressionable in terms of hair and clothes and behaviour now, i can see her getting pressured into other things too. if she's not a prime candidate for an unwanted teen pregnancy i dunno who is. if she even makes it to the teens

~Miyavi "Torture"
#87 Old 05-15-2008, 10:20 PM
Veggie Regular

As horrible as this is, the youngest case recorded of a little girl getting pregnant was back in 1939. She was 5 years old. It's extremely rare for a girl that young to get her period, but it does happen. And sadly, there are kids that young (and younger) that get sexually abused and raped. See http://www.snopes.com/pregnant/medina.asp (Warning: Contains photograph of a nude, pregnant little girl. So, if that bothers you, don't open it)

Just thinking about this makes my blood boil. It's horrible enough to rape an adult, but to rape a child is just so much worse to me. I think of all of the sick, twisted people out there that want to do that to anybody, especially children, and I want to hurt them. I wish punishment for these crimes were more severe. Better yet, I wish these victims had never been victimized to begin with.
#88 Old 05-16-2008, 01:37 AM

5 years old? OMG!!
#89 Old 05-16-2008, 01:56 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Agreed. "The Talk" should never be a single conversation where one hopes to prepare their child for the world of menstral cycles, sex, stds, pregnancy, emotional issues, abuse, etc, etc, etc...

It should be an ongoing discussion, brought up time and time again. It's important for a young person to feel like they can really TALK to a parent about an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionSpirit View Post

I'm sure someone's already said it but just in case they haven't: rape, despite the actions involved in the physical act, actually has very little to do with sex. It's about power and violence. Even old people have been raped.

And, that was one of the many things my mother and father mentions during our ongoing, probably lifelong "Talk."

Quote:
Originally Posted by tearhsong2 View Post

As horrible as this is, the youngest case recorded of a little girl getting pregnant was back in 1939. She was 5 years old. It's extremely rare for a girl that young to get her period, but it does happen. And sadly, there are kids that young (and younger) that get sexually abused and raped. See http://www.snopes.com/pregnant/medina.asp (Warning: Contains photograph of a nude, pregnant little girl. So, if that bothers you, don't open it)

Just thinking about this makes my blood boil. It's horrible enough to rape an adult, but to rape a child is just so much worse to me. I think of all of the sick, twisted people out there that want to do that to anybody, especially children, and I want to hurt them. I wish punishment for these crimes were more severe. Better yet, I wish these victims had never been victimized to begin with.

Wow...

Seeing that kind of makes the 10-year-old's rape kind of hit home...

Give thanks to Mother Earth for Her greatest gift...

...gravity.

For without it, we would be lost.
#90 Old 05-16-2008, 04:50 AM
Veggie Regular

Unfortunately (understatement of the century?), most sexual abuse does seem to happen in childhood, and sexual abuse (and rape) is mostly committed by someone known to the victim. To me it's not longer shocking - it's sickening, but I've read so many accounts of it and done so much research on it that it's not shocking, though very very upsetting. What does still shock me is the amount of people who seem shocked but don't want to talk about stuff like that - how can it be dealt with if people want to keep avoiding facing facts?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page