WN (White Nationalists), what do you think of them?. - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-02-2008, 06:24 AM
Veggie Regular

WN is devoted to being proud of being white among other things.

I posted there once out of curiosity and I'm just reading the replies I got.

Some are interesting, some are quite far fetched.

Someone seems to be assuming without knowing anything about me that I'm Jewish among other things about me. They seem quite interested in me, rather then addressing my ideas and questions.

Another person says my post is nonsense and they'd prefer just to remain a Nazi because it's easier...Yeah way to educate new people about your cause pal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-02-2008, 06:25 AM
Veggie Regular

http://www.wn.com/

?.

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
#3 Old 02-02-2008, 06:27 AM
Veggie Regular

yeah, when starting a thread like this you should consider giving the full name, there are lots of things called/referred to as 'WN'.

I'm assuming this is some kind of white supremacist group?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-02-2008, 06:29 AM
Veggie Regular

Yes, I believe Eclipse is referring to the ARYAN NATION and the forum they have.

Odd. Odd in general and an odd thing to do.

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
#5 Old 02-02-2008, 06:30 AM
Veggie Regular

Yes, sorry. I don't know too much about this as you can see.

(link removed)
#6 Old 02-02-2008, 06:33 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post

(link removed)

That site, and your linking to it, is offensive on every level.

#7 Old 02-02-2008, 06:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Ok, is it not appropriate to discuss on this forum then?.

OR are you giving me your opinion of them?.
#8 Old 02-02-2008, 06:39 AM
Veggie Regular

?.

#9 Old 02-02-2008, 06:39 AM

In the area of the U.S. in which I live, they're generally the same people running the meth labs and having dog fights.
#10 Old 02-02-2008, 06:44 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkk View Post

In the area of the U.S. in which I live, they're generally the same people running the meth labs and having dog fights.

Oh, can you just FEEL the pride, the power?

#11 Old 02-02-2008, 06:47 AM
Veggie Regular

Now I'm confused. If my topic is inappropriate, then I'll have it removed.

If you are merely replying to my topic, carry on then.
#12 Old 02-02-2008, 06:51 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I'm familiar with storm front. They're pretty sick. "white pride" is just a front for their racism.
#13 Old 02-02-2008, 06:52 AM
Veggie Regular

What is this thread about? "What do you think of them"???

I think it's safe to assume that no one here is a supporter of white supremacists or racism.

WTF??
#14 Old 02-02-2008, 06:54 AM

The topic of racism has been discussed on these boards a lot. The particular group of racists you surreptitiously linked to - no, I didn't click the link - are not the brightest. In my opinion, they are less dangerous than those who hide it.
#15 Old 02-02-2008, 07:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Eek i wish i hadn't of clicked on that forum link now
#16 Old 02-02-2008, 07:17 AM
Veggie Regular

I know, right?

#17 Old 02-02-2008, 07:27 AM
Veggie Regular

Eclipse, for what it's worth. I knew what WN stood for in the OP given the context of post. It wasn't a far leap to make.

I don't know if I'd call it odd to check out a WN site although anyone would probably be better off in life not being privy to the knowledge that such morons exist, but spending any amount of time on the net is a risk for coming across all kinds of freaky people.

I also don't think it's offensive to link to their site but it might be against the rules of this site to do so. I don't know. Racism is discussed all the time and should be. As far as stormfront goes, coming across that site was a real eye-opener for me. I really had no idea that a group that extreme has as many members as they do. I also didn't know that the likes of David Duke aren't that uncommon and we should, as a society, be aware of them.

I also don't think your intent with this thread was to show support for racism.

And maybe I'm reading this wrong but some of you are reacting oddly to the thread.
#18 Old 02-02-2008, 07:31 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watrmelon Sugar View Post

Eclipse, for what it's worth. I knew what WN stood for in the OP given the context of post. It wasn't a far leap to make.

I don't know if I'd call it odd to check out a WN site although anyone would probably be better off in life not being privy to the knowledge that such morons exist, but spending any amount of time on the net is a risk for coming across all kinds of freaky people.

I also don't think it's offensive to link to their site but it might be against the rules of this site to do so. I don't know. Racism is discussed all the time and should be. As far as stormfront goes, coming across that site was a real eye-opener for me. I really had no idea that a group that extreme has as many members as they do. I also didn't know that the likes of David Duke aren't that uncommon and we should, as a society, be aware of them.

And maybe I'm reading this wrong but some of you are reacting oddly to the thread.

Let me see if I understand you correctly...You don't think it's odd to join a board that supports racism and post there (that's different than just "checking out" such a board) , furthermore, you don't think that doing that and then posting here about it (and linking to the site, without disclosing user name and posts made) shows support for racism? And WE are the "odd" ones?

Just making sure I understand you correctly.

#19 Old 02-02-2008, 07:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Let me see if I understand you correctly...You don't think it's odd to join a board that supports racism and post there (that's different than just "checking out" such a board) , furthermore, you don't think that doing that and then posting here about it (and linking to the site, without disclosing user name and posts made) shows support for racism?

And WE are the "odd" ones, we are "reacting oddly"?

Just how would you have us react to such a thread?

What's the appropriate response to "I joined a separatist white power site full of hatred and bigotry and posted there, what do you think of them?" thread?

Just making sure I understand you correctly...Not sure I do, at all.

#20 Old 02-02-2008, 07:40 AM
Veggie Regular

I didn't join, I posted as a guest there.

I posted the link because I was questioned as to what I was talking about.

If I am a racist, I'd rather become aware of it and correct my behavior.
#21 Old 02-02-2008, 07:45 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AHIMSA* View Post

Let me see if I understand you correctly...You don't think it's odd to join a board that supports racism and post there (that's different than just "checking out" such a board) ,

Stormfront has a section called 'opposing views' for anti-racists. If a person that is against racism feels like debating the racists that frequent the site, that's where they go. And I'm pretty sure I found her thread in OV. People often engage in message boards to debate. I don't see what's odd about debating racism if that's your interest.

Quote:
furthermore, you don't think that doing that and then posting here about it (and linking to the site, without disclosing user name and posts made) shows support for racism? And WE are the "odd" ones, we are "reacting oddly"?

Eclipse can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think your misunderstanding. She started a debate thread in the OV, found the arguments hostile, and came to a board she frequents to discuss it. How you got that this thread is a show of support for racism is beyond me.

Quote:
Just making sure I understand you correctly.

No, I don't think you understand me correctly, the OP, or the point of this thread. As I said though, I could be wrong.
#22 Old 02-02-2008, 07:47 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I don't see how you couldn't know if you're a racist or not.
#23 Old 02-02-2008, 08:08 AM
Banned

Quote:

Think thats a very healthy mental attitude to have .
#24 Old 02-02-2008, 08:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Let me see if I understand you correctly...You don't think it's odd to join a board that supports racism and post there (that's different than just "checking out" such a board) , furthermore, you don't think that doing that and then posting here about it (and linking to the site, without disclosing user name and posts made) shows support for racism?

ROFL.

So now in order to not be racist we must either not communicate with them or report all our actions to you when we do?
#25 Old 02-02-2008, 08:18 AM
Banned

Quote:

I don't see how you couldn't know if you're a racist or not.

Well its not all black and white , a lot of racism can be politically correct views you can have , and not be aware of it . Racisms comes in so many different forms .
#26 Old 02-02-2008, 08:29 AM
Veggie Regular

I missed your edit so I'll respond

Quote:

Just how would you have us react to such a thread?

How would I have you react? lol. Ahh, if that was actually an option. I don't think I would have you react any differently. Drama can often be the spice of message board life.

Quote:
What's the appropriate response to "I joined a separatist white power site full of hatred and bigotry and posted there, what do you think of them?" thread?

That depends on who is responding I suppose. I would question the OP to clarify her position because it doesn't make sense that a long time veg member would come to a liberal site as a pro-racist. So, I ask questions and I would try to be civil.
#27 Old 02-02-2008, 08:32 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesand View Post

Well its not all black and white , a lot of racism can be politically correct views you can have , and not be aware of it .

good point

Quote:
Racisms comes in so many different forms .

Something I was wondering is if there's a difference between racism and white pride. Instinctively I'd say there isn't a difference but I don't equate white pride with cultural pride like Irish pride, Italian pride etc. One thing I've noticed on stormfront is members trying to equate the two.
#28 Old 02-02-2008, 08:46 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythe View Post

ROFL.

So now in order to not be racist we must either not communicate with them or report all our actions to you when we do?

I'm not saying she is or is not racist. I was asking to have Watermelon Sugar's position made clear. (Which has been done )

Where did you get the "report all out actions to you" part from?

Where did I even suggest people should report their actions to me? That is ridiculous.

Besides, Eclipse DID report her actions to all of us here, when she created this thread.

#29 Old 02-02-2008, 10:10 AM
Banned

I still cant seem to work out what this thread is about ?
#30 Old 02-02-2008, 10:21 AM
Veggie Regular

Why do you put a period after your question marks?

I'm not clicking on any of the links, either. That stuff just makes me sick. So I guess that answers the "What do you think of them?" question.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page