How can we stop male genital mutilation ("circumcision")? - Page 33 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#961 Old 05-16-2008, 04:44 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortpotato View Post

My point was, I did not want to cause my own child, who I had just given birth to, PAIN. Regardless of whether he remembered or not, it would be painful. You say it isnt serious injury...but it is injury...to a newborn baby.

I was weighing up what I grew up with, and the choice I had on my hands. "Thinking out loud" Perhaps.

And the STDs thing?

Yeh as evidenced by the links, the STD thing is a ridiculous myth like the one still believed in some countries about FEMALE genital mutilation
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#962 Old 05-16-2008, 11:09 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionSpirit View Post

Yeh as evidenced by the links, the STD thing is a ridiculous myth like the one still believed in some countries about FEMALE genital mutilation

That is awful isnt it? I mean, its all awful obviously. I watched a show on female cicumcision years ago and was really..well, there arent any words actually to describe how terrible it was. How frightened the must have been at the time...<shudders>
#963 Old 05-16-2008, 09:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortpotato View Post

My point was, I did not want to cause my own child, who I had just given birth to, PAIN. Regardless of whether he remembered or not, it would be painful. You say it isnt serious injury...but it is injury...to a newborn baby.

I was weighing up what I grew up with, and the choice I had on my hands. "Thinking out loud" Perhaps.

And the STDs thing?

But you gave birth to it, so it is already in pain......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#964 Old 05-16-2008, 09:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Eh?
#965 Old 05-17-2008, 06:39 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by trying_to_be View Post

Wow you're really grasping at straws now
#966 Old 05-17-2008, 06:48 AM
Banned

Quote:

babies are in pain from being born? i thought maybe a little overwhelmed, disorientated, shocked, but i didn't think hurt. and even if they are, thats supposed to mean more pain is ok? by that logic it'd be fine for my dentist to remove the tip of my tongue without anesthetic when i had a headache, cos meh, i'm hurting already.
#967 Old 05-17-2008, 07:01 AM
Veggie Regular

I never understood the argument "you're already doing a little bit of xyz, so you might as well do more of it". I hear it from meateaters all the time: "you already kill bugs when you walk and drive your car, so why not eat meat?" HUH? I can't help but harm some animals, so it means I should deliberately go harm more of them??? A baby feels some pain coming into the world, which can't be helped, so the parents should go ahead and cause them more pain?? Doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
#968 Old 05-25-2008, 05:33 PM
Beginner

Quote:

#969 Old 05-25-2008, 06:31 PM
Veggie Regular

You know, people who have suffered trauma of some sort as a child are often key targets for Scientologist recruiters. I wonder whether they'd see this as an opportunity
#970 Old 05-25-2008, 08:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Once again. Circumcision for my religion occurs at age 8 days. Even the guys with Uber memories who go on Oprah or w/e confuse some of the thigns that happened to them when they were 8. Basically: there is no way to remember circumcison the way my religion does it. If anyone claims to, they are either liers ,on something, or it wasn't done at 8 days old
#971 Old 05-25-2008, 08:57 PM

Noone doubted the fact that they couldn't remember it. But that is like saying "my one week old won't remember if I drop him down the stairs. so who cares?"

THAT SAID...

omg why am I posting in here!? DIE THREAD, DIE!
#972 Old 05-25-2008, 09:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Once again. Circumcision for my religion occurs at age 8 days. Even the guys with Uber memories who go on Oprah or w/e confuse some of the thigns that happened to them when they were 8. Basically: there is no way to remember circumcison the way my religion does it. If anyone claims to, they are either liers ,on something, or it wasn't done at 8 days old

O.K. that's it! I'm fed up trying to be polite with you ignorant ****ing baby mutilators. Just because someone doesn't remember something, that doesn't make it O.K. to do! Get it through your stupid, moronic, brain-dead skull! If it was O.K. to do something that people didn't remember, then there would be no care home investigations in care homes that abuse people who have Alzheimer's. It would be O.K. for me to kick YOUR CHILD around the room before they're a year old, as they won't remember it. Heck, why not go the whole hog and let some child molestor have his/her way with your kid?! After all, they won't remember it - and hey, you're a child abuser anyway so it's not like you don't deserve it
#973 Old 05-25-2008, 10:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by animallover7249 View Post

Noone doubted the fact that they couldn't remember it. But that is like saying "my one week old won't remember if I drop him down the stairs. so who cares?"

THAT SAID...

omg why am I posting in here!? DIE THREAD, DIE!

agreed. but, how could you let the thread die??? Isn't that cruel???
#974 Old 05-26-2008, 03:32 AM

Closing this thread per agreement with the OP.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page