What do you know about the North American Union? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-16-2007, 09:04 AM
Veggie Regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuBo4E77ZXo

It is happening RIGHT NOW, and the plan is to eliminate all borders between Canada, United States and Mexico. Secret meetings have been underway.

Is this the reason Bush won't secure American borders?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuBo4E77ZXo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-16-2007, 10:44 PM
Veggie Regular

That creeped me out....suddenly I'm getting flashbacks of "the end times" sermons I used to hear at Calvary Chapel.
#3 Old 11-17-2007, 11:03 AM
Veggie Regular

Well, this was interesting. I'm curious to see what the response to this thread will be...but I watched two of the youtube documents on the subject.

B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-17-2007, 12:01 PM

To begin with, I see this as unlikely but within the realm of possibility.

In a better world, I'm for open borders - no borders really - but certainly not one world government controlled/run/acting as corporations. I suppose I'll be long dead before any of this might occur - at least I would hope to be if worse comes to worse.

For now, I believe my best option might be living off the grid as an expatriot - ignoring the war, the poverty, and the bull associated with a modern american society and the baggage of our leaders and our political system. I'd like to stick around until the death of my parents and the death of my SO's mother so as not to cause them any undue pain worrying about their children but I'm pretty fed up with the hatred, the injustice, and the greed - all in the name of corporate profits.

The "liberal" host of Hardball, Chris Matthews, was arguing for a national ID card just a couple of nights ago. Maybe it's closer than we think.
#5 Old 11-17-2007, 12:04 PM
Banned

Oh, for the love of God. Are people here stupid enough to believe what they hear on some hack youtube video?
#6 Old 11-17-2007, 12:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkk View Post

For now, I believe my best option might be living off the grid as an expatriot - ignoring the war, the poverty, and the bull associated with a modern american society and the baggage of our leaders and our political system.

I do all that without living off the grid.

Quote:
The "liberal" host of Hardball, Chris Matthews, was arguing for a national ID card just a couple of nights ago. Maybe it's closer than we think.

Why is that so much worse than having a driver's license?
#7 Old 11-17-2007, 12:18 PM
Veggie Regular

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...8_rumor19.html

Quote:

On one recent day alone, Pastor said, he received 100 e-mails on the topic. "They get turned on by [CNN's] Lou Dobbs and [Fox's] Bill O'Reilly, who are fearful that Mexicans and Canadians are about to take over our country," Pastor said, adding that such claims are a product of "the xenophobic or frightened right wing of America that is afraid of immigration and globalization."

Not that he doesn't think cooperation — short of a merger — is a good idea. He has testified before Congress on improving coordination within North America.

"The three governments are trying to grope toward a better way to relate to one another, but they are trying to do it under the radar screen, because they know any initiative would be both controversial and difficult to get approval of," Pastor said. "But precisely because they're doing it so quietly, the conservative crowd is concerned that they're really doing something important. But they're not. The real problem is that the three governments are asleep on the issue."

Tom Fitton is president of Judicial Watch, a conservative group that promotes accountability in government. He said his group was "investigating" the rumors and that, while it hadn't uncovered proof positive, the Bush administration was fueling suspicion by the way it was handling the issue.

#8 Old 11-17-2007, 04:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tame View Post

Oh, for the love of God. Are people here stupid enough to believe what they hear on some hack youtube video?

that would be a big ten four good buddy!
#9 Old 11-17-2007, 06:16 PM
Veggie Regular

I have to admit, I haven't been watching youtube for very long (and don't watch it much now) because I only just switched from dial-up to dsl light. Thus i have no idea as to the validity of youtube video spots, though I did watch a very funny one several weeks ago....a female comedian singing about the hazards of motherhood. What about youtube? Is it not a trustworthy sorce of media?

B
#10 Old 11-17-2007, 06:44 PM
Eek
Veggie Regular

I thought the clip given in the original post was one taken from a full movie / video?

I can see some of the fears as being possible but I honestly don't see how it would work if it were true?
#11 Old 11-17-2007, 06:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Anyone can upload to youtube.
#12 Old 11-17-2007, 07:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Well, good lord, that's good to know. Perhaps I should get out my old webcam...I've never yet found a good use for it.

B
#13 Old 11-18-2007, 08:19 AM
Veggie Regular

#14 Old 11-18-2007, 08:23 AM
Veggie Regular

#15 Old 11-18-2007, 08:43 AM
Veggie Regular

I have been reading up on this. Here's what's happening:

Quietly but systematically, the Bush Administration is advancing the plan to build a huge NAFTA Super Highway, a quarter-mile wide, through the middle of the U.S. along Interstate 35, from the Mexican border at Laredo, Tex., to the Canadian border north of Duluth, Minn.

Once complete, the new road will allow containers from the Far East to enter the United States through the Mexican port of Lazaro Cardenas, bypassing the Longshoremans Union in the process.

Just how will this affect U.S. security and U.S. jobs?
#16 Old 11-20-2007, 10:28 PM
Veggie Regular

US jobs - don't you think that construction of that "superhighway" will provide a LOT of jobs? And because it'll be a gov't job, it'll be held to Davis-Bacon pay requirements, meaning certified pay, meaning quite a bit of $ for the workers. You'd think that'd be a good thing to you.
#17 Old 11-21-2007, 12:36 AM
Red
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Martini View Post

US jobs - don't you think that construction of that "superhighway" will provide a LOT of jobs? And because it'll be a gov't job, it'll be held to Davis-Bacon pay requirements, meaning certified pay, meaning quite a bit of $ for the workers. You'd think that'd be a good thing to you.

But I hear the jobs painting the white lines are completely locked up already.
#18 Old 11-21-2007, 07:51 AM
Veggie Regular

Regardless of whether or not this is a "white line" issue...

Anything the Bush administration is involved in should be scrutinized carefully.

Those who do not learn the lessons of history....

Happiness is not the result of a mathematical equation comparing the good times and bad times someone has had. It is a state of mind.
-nomad888
#19 Old 11-21-2007, 08:05 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
What do you know about the North American Union?

Hmm, my guess would be that it's an obscure hair metal band from the 80s.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#20 Old 11-21-2007, 10:13 AM
Red
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beancounter View Post

Regardless of whether or not this is a "white line" issue...

Anything the Bush administration is involved in should be scrutinized carefully.

Those who do not learn the lessons of history....

But this sounds really innovative, though, considering right now we don't have any highways running North-South.

I never could figure out why they overlooked that one when building the Interstate system - being able to drive from Canada to Mexico.
#21 Old 11-21-2007, 10:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
On one recent day alone, Pastor said, he received 100 e-mails on the topic. "They get turned on by [CNN's] Lou Dobbs and [Fox's] Bill O'Reilly, who are fearful that Mexicans and Canadians are about to take over our country," Pastor said.....

hehehe. i'd be more worried about americans taking over canada, than canadians taking over america, what with the way things seem to be going recently.
#22 Old 11-22-2007, 07:40 AM

The law of averages says that silver has to be right about one of these conspiracy theories sooner or later although its probably not this time cuz I cant see china making a union with the u.s. anytime soon.
#23 Old 11-22-2007, 10:26 AM
Veggie Regular

I do like the idea of a superhighway down south.

It would make it far more convenient for our army of peace keepers to take over the US.

*Oh no*, Perhaps I've said too much.....

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
#24 Old 11-23-2007, 09:48 AM
Veggie Regular

Many states are moving to oppose the "wide open U.S. borders" this superhighway will bring. This entire idea is being pushed by an elite group and large corporations.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...62016776465966

Do you think it is not important to secure U.S. borders in this age of terrorism?
#25 Old 11-26-2007, 10:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post

an elite group and large corporations.

Well that seals it for me!

So there's this highway called "Interstate 5" that is also a threat to our sovereignty. It goes right to canada, on through Washington, Oregon, and California... and then... ON TO MEXICO!! OMG!!!
#26 Old 12-04-2007, 03:38 PM

A lot of people tend to dismiss this whole NAU thing as a conspiracy theory. I'm still not exactly sure myself.
#27 Old 12-04-2007, 03:43 PM
Banned

is the fact that security has been upped at the US - Canada border, and that from January 2008 Canadians will need to show both a drivers licence, and proof of citizenship (birth certificate, etc) or a passport to get into America, some kind of aversion strategy, to throw us all off the scent?
#28 Old 12-07-2007, 07:23 AM
Beginner

The only thing I know about this is snopes debunked it and had links to the correct information.

However, I can't find the info on snopes now, all I can remember is that the quarter mile wide superhighway was based off drawings that were not to scale. I think they were based of existing highways. But I'm not sure. I'm still looking for the info that countered these claims.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page