Woman claims pet-sitter made her pig fat - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-30-2007, 09:00 PM
Veggie Regular

I may be posting this in the wrong forum... oh well, move it if you must. I guess this can be debated.

Quote:

WINONA, Minn. - A woman wants abuse charges filed against an acquaintance who was pet-sitting for her potbellied pig and allowed the animal to get fat.

Michelle Schmitz said her pig, Alaina Templeton, weighed 50 pounds when Schmitz left her with a co-worker who offered to care for the animal in February, when Schmitz went on medical leave to recover from ankle surgeries....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071031/...Gk0tcYn56s0NUE

After reading this, I began to wonder what the average weight for a pot belly pig was... so I looked it up. It appears that they average between 120 and 150 pounds. 50 pounds seemed WAY TOO SMALL for a pig to me. My Sweet Pea (dog) weighs about that.

Your thoughts? I think the owner was starving the pig in the first place. The pet-sitter DEFINATELY should have taken off the collar... that was just recklessness.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-31-2007, 07:30 AM
Veggie Regular

the article says she kept the pig on a "strict diet."

personally, i think both women need to be investigated for recklessness in this case.
#3 Old 10-31-2007, 07:37 AM
Veggie Regular

Ah, a pig on a "diet" and the resulting lawsuit. Only in America!

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-31-2007, 09:47 AM
Veggie Regular

At least she wasn't fattening the pig up for bacon...

I think no one in the situation is fit to car for the piggie.. I'll take him/her!
#5 Old 10-31-2007, 03:47 PM
Veggie Regular

The story makes no sense. The pig was her life but she left it with someone and didnt even know where she lived? It took her 9 months to find it? Poor little pig. Neither seem worthy to own animals.
#6 Old 10-31-2007, 10:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Exactly!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page