Al Gore Wins Nobel Peace Prize - Page 6 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#151 Old 10-18-2007, 10:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by havocjohn View Post

You make it sound like this is some new concept? Maybe you ought to go whine to people in Asia about these thoughts........ and Africa too.

Huh? I don't believe that some here comprehend what was being written, given the responses. But I'll post wherever and whatever I want. Good job whining about how you think other people should post on a discussion board

"If you want to know where you would have stood on slavery before the civil war, don't look at where you stand on slavery today, look at where you stand on animal rights." - Paul Watson.

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#152 Old 10-18-2007, 10:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irizary View Post

Huh? I'll post wherever and whatever I want. But good job whining about how you think other people should post on a discussion board

huh? You sound concerned about overpopulation and people continueing to have kids and it appears you are blaming the US for this. When in reality China has 1/4 of the worlds population and is still growing, not to mention India, Vietnam, and a variety of African nations that keep producing children that they can not feed, cloth or care for yet you are blaming the US.

I didn't whine about how anyone should post, I believe I suggested you would be doing a better service to the world by whining to the Asian and African nations that continue to do what you are accusing the US of doing.
#153 Old 10-18-2007, 10:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

huh? You sound concerned about overpopulation and people continueing to have kids and it appears you are blaming the US for this. When in reality China has 1/4 of the worlds population and is still growing, not to mention India, Vietnam, and a variety of African nations that keep producing children that they can not feed, cloth or care for yet you are blaming the US.

I didn't whine about how anyone should post, I believe I suggested you would be doing a better service to the world by whining to the Asian and African nations that continue to do what you are accusing the US of doing.

I'm in the US, as are most of us here. It makes sense to talk about the country I'm from. BTW, where did I say that China is not a problem?

Again, I'll provide whatever "service" to the world I choose. But good job whining about where others should focus their energy

"If you want to know where you would have stood on slavery before the civil war, don't look at where you stand on slavery today, look at where you stand on animal rights." - Paul Watson.

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#154 Old 10-18-2007, 10:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I'm in the US, as are most of us here. It makes sense to talk about the country I'm from. BTW, where did I say that China is not a problem?

Again, I'll provide whatever "service" to the world I choose. But good job whining about where others should focus their energy

Again the only one doing any whining here is you. I went through and reread everything you posted on this topic and the bottom line is you seem to think that the 1st world nations are the ones causing all the overpopulation problems which are leading to all the problems you listed.

People have pointed out repeatedly where you are wrong in your conclusions but you continue to whine about some bs you have made up in your mind, and refuse to acknowledge that if it wasn't for the first world nations the emerging nations in Asia, with outrageous overpopulation problems and undeveloped nations in Africa would not even come close to feeding, medicating and caring for their own people....... just more liberal bs with no foundation in reality.
#155 Old 10-18-2007, 10:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Again the only one doing any whining here is you. I went through and reread everything you posted on this topic and the bottom line is you seem to think that the 1st world nations are the ones causing all the overpopulation problems which are leading to all the problems you listed.

People have pointed out repeatedly where you are wrong in your conclusions but you continue to whine about some bs you have made up in your mind, and refuse to acknowledge that if it wasn't for the first world nations the emerging nations in Asia, with outrageous overpopulation problems and undeveloped nations in Africa would not even come close to feeding, medicating and caring for their own people....... just more liberal bs with no foundation in reality.

WOW. You sure read a lot into what I wrote. Where exactly did I say that no other countries are contribuing to a problem?

And the person who you are referring to who pointed out I was "wrong" in my "conclusion" refuted an argument I wasn't even making.

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

#156 Old 10-18-2007, 10:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

WOW. You sure read a lot into what I wrote. Where exactly did I say that no other countries are contribuing to a problem?

And the person who you are referring to who pointed out I was "wrong" in my "conclusion" refuted an argument I wasn't even making.

or maybe you don't remember what you wrote...... but hey whatever you say.
#157 Old 10-18-2007, 10:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Hey, feel free to quote me. You made the accusation, back it up.

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

#158 Old 10-18-2007, 11:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Hey, feel free to quote me. You made the accusation, back it up.

What was it you said to me...... something like feel free to read the thread for myself since you didn't want to write about it anymore.

I don't feel like going through and quoting all your posts, I can only suggest you go reread what you wrote. After all your the one saying people are not comprehending what you wrote.
#159 Old 10-18-2007, 11:07 PM
Veggie Regular

I haven't posted in this thread, so I'll post and just say Congratulations. Al Gore regained my respect. He was a lame vice president, and would have been a lame President, but he's a very good activist now that he's not entwined in the political rat race.
#160 Old 10-18-2007, 11:08 PM
Red
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Quote:

huh? You sound concerned about overpopulation and people continueing to have kids and it appears you are blaming the US for this. When in reality China has 1/4 of the worlds population and is still growing,...

China isn't having more children than it takes to replace the parents, either.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...56C0A9629C8B63

Quote:
China's baby boomers are producing children at well below the rate needed to maintain the country's population, somewhere from 1.3 children to 1.8 children on average per mother. The so-called replacement rate, or the birthrate needed to keep the population steady, is on average 2.1 children per mother.

#161 Old 10-18-2007, 11:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

What was it you said to me...... something like feel free to read the thread for myself since you didn't want to write about it anymore.

I don't feel like going through and quoting all your posts, I can only suggest you go reread what you wrote. After all your the one saying people are not comprehending what you wrote.

You accused me of saying something I said I didn't say. Quote it.

And have fun cleaning the egg off your face

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

#162 Old 10-19-2007, 01:07 AM
Bof
Banned

Quote:

It's his métier
#163 Old 10-19-2007, 02:46 AM
Veggie Regular

I did not see the movie but have heard that Al Gore mentioned nothing about meat eating being a problem which mean that he has not done his research or is unwilling to give up certain conveniences for a higher purpose. Either way, I feel leaving out this vital information was extremely irresponsible of him and totally hypocritical of him.

I feel that Ingrid Newkirk is far more deserving than Al Gore. In fact, you can not even compare the two!

Ingrid Newkirk helps both animals and humans.

Al Gore only helps humans and in only hypocritical way.
#164 Old 10-19-2007, 02:50 AM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

What on earth has Newkirk done for world peace? It's the Nobel Peace Prize, not the Nobel Publicity Prize. Seriously, she's not even number 1 for animal rights.

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#165 Old 10-19-2007, 07:20 AM
Veggie Regular

heh
#166 Old 10-19-2007, 10:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpickell View Post

I haven't posted in this thread, so I'll post and just say Congratulations. Al Gore regained my respect. He was a lame vice president, and would have been a lame President, but he's a very good activist now that he's not entwined in the political rat race.

Oh it would have been hellish to have suffered through the last 7 years with such a lame president. Thank god almighty for george w bush!!!

or maybe we should thank satan? Yes. Definitely satan.
#167 Old 10-19-2007, 10:33 AM
Veggie Regular

i prefer al gore the activist to al gore the vp/president too.
#168 Old 10-19-2007, 03:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

What exactly is it you think I accused you of saying?

Before there is any egg cleaning let's make sure we know exactly what it is you think I accused you of.
#169 Old 10-19-2007, 03:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bof View Post

It's his métier

okay grandpa, whatever you say Mr. Universe.

#170 Old 10-19-2007, 07:01 PM
Veggie Regular

I think you can look back a page and do your own work, havoc. We went through your accusations as you were making them, and I asked you to quote me since you accused me of saying something.

Part of your MO seems to be obfuscating and making people run around, probably so they'll tire of the conversation and you can claim some kind of "victory" by attrition. Debating with you is tiring and unproductive.

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

#171 Old 10-19-2007, 07:32 PM
Bof
Banned

Quote:

okay grandpa, whatever you say Mr. Universe.

It's good to see you agreeing with me at last, but I'm worried by your apparent obsession with your misunderstanding of the word 'universe' (in the context in which I used it).

BTW - I'm not a grandpa, but I do have a Mr Universe physique, so you're half right.
#172 Old 10-19-2007, 08:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I think you can look back a page and do your own work, havoc. We went through your accusations as you were making them, and I asked you to quote me since you accused me of saying something.

Part of your MO seems to be obfuscating and making people run around, probably so they'll tire of the conversation and you can claim some kind of "victory" by attrition. Debating with you is tiring and unproductive.

okay, what I saw was me asking you questions ...... at least if memory serves when you end a sentence with one of these ? it means question is being asked, in this particular case seeking clarification on what you said...... I can't help if you some how think me asking a question about something you said is some how an accusation..... if you could please specify exactly what I accused you of I will address that.
#173 Old 10-20-2007, 09:32 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Yes, tiring and very unproductive. That's why I finally added him to my "ignore" list.
#174 Old 10-21-2007, 03:02 PM
DLS
Veggie Regular

Al Boring, sorry but jeezus who didn't know about global warming and it's effects. Maybe not in as much detail, but don't we all know that we are killing this planet.
#175 Old 10-21-2007, 03:05 PM
Veggie Regular

DLS, the cause for global warming is highly disputed.
#176 Old 10-21-2007, 03:18 PM
Veggie Regular

But is it really, by the experts?

Anyway, I thought it was a bit strange that Al Gore won the Nobel Peace Prize, but then I remembered that Arafat won it, too, in the past, and that seems a lot stranger, in retrospect
#177 Old 10-21-2007, 03:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by inie View Post

But is it really, by the experts?

Considering scientists recently discovered that Mars is also experiencing climate warming, yes.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...s-warming.html

Quote:

In 2005 data from NASA's Mars Global Surveyor and Odyssey missions revealed that the carbon dioxide "ice caps" near Mars's south pole had been diminishing for three summers in a row.

Habibullo Abdussamatov, head of space research at St. Petersburg's Pulkovo Astronomical Observatory in Russia, says the Mars data is evidence that the current global warming on Earth is being caused by changes in the sun.

#178 Old 10-21-2007, 03:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Not to say that human activity isn't contributing to climate change, but I don't think that there is One Single Cause.
#179 Old 10-21-2007, 04:11 PM
Ex-*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonAmy View Post

Considering scientists recently discovered that Mars is also experiencing climate warming, yes.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...s-warming.html

We actually have good old-fashioned Earth orbit satellites that measure the solar irradiance, and there is no upward trend in the data we have since they started collecting data in 1978, except for the 11-year cycles that the sun goes through.

I find it amusing that people who apparently have no idea what they're talking about go to such lengths to try to come up with all sorts of exotic theories to try and challenge the overwhelming scientific evidence concerning global climate change. But there are no limits to what people will do for their 15 minutes of fame, I suppose.

I no longer post here after VB was sold in 2012. (See my profile page for details.)
#180 Old 10-21-2007, 04:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Summer View Post

We actually have good old-fashioned Earth orbit satellites that measure the solar irradiance, and there is no upward trend in the data we have since they started collecting data in 1978, except for the 11-year cycles that the sun goes through.

I find it amusing that people who apparently have no idea what they're talking about go to such lengths to try to come up with all sorts of exotic theories to try and challenge the overwhelming scientific evidence concerning global climate change. But there are no limits to what people will do for their 15 minutes of fame, I suppose.

why do you think the guy in the article doesn't have any idea what he is talking about......... is it because he's Russian?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page