Poll should the US abolish the 2nd amendment? - Page 10 - VeggieBoards
View Poll Results: should the US abolish the 2nd amendment?
yes 0 0%
no 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#271 Old 04-12-2007, 09:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kali View Post

Doesnt it stress you to live in a neighbourhood like yours? I couldn't stand it Id have to move.

There is no safe place. There are worse places.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#272 Old 04-12-2007, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet View Post

I think everyone needs a cupcake.

FWIW, I've lived in really bad neighborhoods and never had a gun in the house. if you are gonna get robbed/assaulted, it's out on the street.

I'll take a cupcake as long as it is vegan

The reason you are more likely to be assaulted on the street is that criminals don't know who has a gun in their house. If they didn't know who has guns on the street, they resort to non-violent crimes such as burglery or theft.
#273 Old 04-12-2007, 09:17 PM
Banned

bakes everyone a vegan "cup cake"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#274 Old 04-12-2007, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life2k View Post

There is no safe place. There are worse places.

Yeah but there's a lot better places too.
#275 Old 04-12-2007, 09:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiz View Post

Alas, I have no wish to move into a tough 'hood so I can strut and crow about how tough I am. I just don't think that's cool, even if you do. Though as you know... people are not always what the seem on the internet. I have a feeling a lot of these heat-packing, tough-talking die-hard wannabes really aren't.

Your ignorance is showing again. You like those Die Hard Movies, do ya?

Watch my mouth. I don't carry a gun. Never did. Don't plan to.

#276 Old 04-12-2007, 09:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati View Post

Why? Because I let you know how inconsiderate you were by attacking me? You are such a model of mautrity.

Uh oh! Someone is after my Internet Bad ass title. Sending PMs? How sad.

Quote:
You attack, but you can't accept it when people put you in your place. I have spent a large portion of my life trying to save lifes. I have scene the results of gunshot wounds and you think it is all some game. That we are just being silly and have gone overboard in defending ourselves. Well, I say again, consider yourself lucky that you are completely ignorrant of the violence that exists in this world.

First of all, one would have to assume everything you say about yourself is true. Personally, I don't buy it. You have been too inconsistent and well, you often don't know what you are talking about.

In addition, (allegedly) providing basic medical care to someone with a gunshot wound does not mean one then decides to carry a gun. Seems like a bit of an over reaction.
#277 Old 04-12-2007, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tame View Post

Sending PMs? How sad.

What's sad about it? The mods encourage you to send a pm if its something that isnt appropriate in the thread.
#278 Old 04-12-2007, 09:38 PM
Banned

Quote:

What's sad about it? The mods encourage you to send a pm if its something that isnt appropriate in the thread.

PMing another member you are having a discussion with to launch a passive aggressive attack is pathetic.
#279 Old 04-12-2007, 09:45 PM

I dont think sending someone a pm to say adult things that you cant say in the thread on a board like this is a passive aggressive attack.

and if you do send someone a nasty message, it's not "passive aggressive" anyway, it's more like aggressive-assertive.
#280 Old 04-12-2007, 09:52 PM
Banned

Quote:

I dont think sending someone a pm to say adult things that you cant say in the thread on a board like this is a passive aggressive attack.

I suggest you read the rules. Attacks via PMs are against the rules as well.

Quote:

and if you do send someone a nasty message, it's not "passive aggressive" anyway, it's more like aggressive-assertive.

Depends on what kind of "nasty" message it is.
#281 Old 04-12-2007, 09:58 PM

Quote:

First of all, one would have to assume everything you say about yourself is true. Personally, I don't buy it. You have been too inconsistent and well, you often don't know what you are talking about.

In addition, (allegedly) providing basic medical care to someone with a gunshot wound does not mean one then decides to carry a gun. Seems like a bit of an over reaction.

What have I been inconsistent about and please provide evidence that I have stated anything untrue. Also, I never said I provided basic medical care to someone with a gunshot. Maybe you make too many assumptions instead of trying to gain the facts.

And what causes someone to decide to carry a gun is a personal decision that they may make based upon any one or a number of circumstances.
#282 Old 04-12-2007, 10:03 PM

Quote:

FYI, I reapeated what I posted and sent a PM because her post attacking me, and my post letting her know what I thought of her were both deleted. But you wouldn't know that because you never try and gather the facts, you just make assumptions.
#283 Old 04-12-2007, 10:12 PM
Banned

Quote:

What have I been inconsistent about and please provide evidence that I have stated anything untrue.

Your firefighting and "aviation" expertise were exposed in various 9/11 threads. You were also exposed in one of the threads regarding your investing prowess.

Quote:
Also, I never said I provided basic medical care to someone with a gunshot. Maybe you make too many assumptions instead of trying to gain the facts.

Well, you certainly have been trying to imply it.

I have spent a large portion of my life trying to save lifes. I have scene the results of gunshot wounds and you think it is all some game.

Quote:

And what causes someone to decide to carry a gun is a personal decision that they may make based upon any one or a number of circumstances.

Okey-dokey.
#284 Old 04-12-2007, 10:14 PM
Banned

Quote:

FYI, I reapeated what I posted and sent a PM because her post attacking me, and my post letting her know what I thought of her were both deleted. But you wouldn't know that because you never try and gather the facts, you just make assumptions.

So, in other words, you were (correctly) edited, so you continued the attacks via PM? Gee, sounds like a TOS violation. Better watch it or ya might get suspended.
#285 Old 04-12-2007, 10:22 PM

Quote:

Your firefighting and "aviation" expertise were exposed in various 9/11 threads. You were also exposed in one of the threads regarding your investing prowess.

Well, you certainly have been trying to imply it.

I have spent a large portion of my life trying to save lifes. I have scene the results of gunshot wounds and you think it is all some game.

Would you like to see evidence of my FAA certificates? I will show you how to do so. If you want to pay for it, I will even send you a copy of my FAA records.

I was exposed in my investing prowness? By who? Remilard? LOL I provided references for everything I stated, and he provided none. I think I exposed his.

No, I never implyed it. You only assumed so. Actually, I flew EMS helicopters and transported patients with a wide range of injuries including gunshot wounds. I recently turned down a job flying EMS helicopters because I didn't want to leave Colorado.
#286 Old 04-12-2007, 10:24 PM

Quote:

So, in other words, you were (correctly) edited, so you continued the attacks via PM? Gee, sounds like a TOS violation. Better watch it or ya might get suspended.

Seeing that you are still here, I am in no way concerned of being suspended. Nor would I really care if I was.
#287 Old 04-12-2007, 10:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Closing - We've recieved way too many complaints about this thread.

It seems people can't discuss the topic without resorting to personal attacks and getting way off topic.

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page