Poll should the US abolish the 2nd amendment? - Page 10 - VeggieBoards
View Poll Results: should the US abolish the 2nd amendment?
yes 0 0%
no 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
#271 Old 04-12-2007, 09:07 PM
Banned
 
Life2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 4,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by kali View Post

Doesnt it stress you to live in a neighbourhood like yours? I couldn't stand it Id have to move.



There is no safe place. There are worse places.
Life2k is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#272 Old 04-12-2007, 09:09 PM
Newbie
 
GhostUser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet View Post

I think everyone needs a cupcake.



FWIW, I've lived in really bad neighborhoods and never had a gun in the house. if you are gonna get robbed/assaulted, it's out on the street.



I'll take a cupcake as long as it is vegan



The reason you are more likely to be assaulted on the street is that criminals don't know who has a gun in their house. If they didn't know who has guns on the street, they resort to non-violent crimes such as burglery or theft.
GhostUser is offline  
#273 Old 04-12-2007, 09:17 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,482
bakes everyone a vegan "cup cake"
bluegold is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#274 Old 04-12-2007, 09:18 PM
Newbie
 
GhostUser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life2k View Post

There is no safe place. There are worse places.



Yeah but there's a lot better places too.
GhostUser is offline  
#275 Old 04-12-2007, 09:19 PM
Banned
 
Life2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 4,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiz View Post

Alas, I have no wish to move into a tough 'hood so I can strut and crow about how tough I am. I just don't think that's cool, even if you do. Though as you know... people are not always what the seem on the internet. I have a feeling a lot of these heat-packing, tough-talking die-hard wannabes really aren't.



Your ignorance is showing again. You like those Die Hard Movies, do ya?



Watch my mouth. I don't carry a gun. Never did. Don't plan to.



Watch my mouth. I don't carry a gun. Never did. Don't plan to.



Watch my mouth. I don't carry a gun. Never did. Don't plan to.



Watch my mouth. I don't carry a gun. Never did. Don't plan to.



Watch my mouth. I don't carry a gun. Never did. Don't plan to.



Watch my mouth. I don't carry a gun. Never did. Don't plan to.



Watch my mouth. I don't carry a gun. Never did. Don't plan to.



Watch my mouth. I don't carry a gun. Never did. Don't plan to.
Life2k is offline  
#276 Old 04-12-2007, 09:29 PM
Banned
 
Tame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 13,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati View Post

Why? Because I let you know how inconsiderate you were by attacking me? You are such a model of mautrity.



Uh oh! Someone is after my Internet Bad ass title. Sending PMs? How sad.



Quote:
You attack, but you can't accept it when people put you in your place. I have spent a large portion of my life trying to save lifes. I have scene the results of gunshot wounds and you think it is all some game. That we are just being silly and have gone overboard in defending ourselves. Well, I say again, consider yourself lucky that you are completely ignorrant of the violence that exists in this world.



First of all, one would have to assume everything you say about yourself is true. Personally, I don't buy it. You have been too inconsistent and well, you often don't know what you are talking about.

In addition, (allegedly) providing basic medical care to someone with a gunshot wound does not mean one then decides to carry a gun. Seems like a bit of an over reaction.
Tame is offline  
#277 Old 04-12-2007, 09:32 PM
Newbie
 
GhostUser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tame View Post

Sending PMs? How sad.



What's sad about it? The mods encourage you to send a pm if its something that isnt appropriate in the thread.
GhostUser is offline  
#278 Old 04-12-2007, 09:38 PM
Banned
 
Tame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 13,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by kali View Post

What's sad about it? The mods encourage you to send a pm if its something that isnt appropriate in the thread.



PMing another member you are having a discussion with to launch a passive aggressive attack is pathetic.
Tame is offline  
#279 Old 04-12-2007, 09:45 PM
Newbie
 
GhostUser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 0
I dont think sending someone a pm to say adult things that you cant say in the thread on a board like this is a passive aggressive attack.



and if you do send someone a nasty message, it's not "passive aggressive" anyway, it's more like aggressive-assertive.
GhostUser is offline  
#280 Old 04-12-2007, 09:52 PM
Banned
 
Tame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 13,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by kali View Post

I dont think sending someone a pm to say adult things that you cant say in the thread on a board like this is a passive aggressive attack.



I suggest you read the rules. Attacks via PMs are against the rules as well.



Quote:

and if you do send someone a nasty message, it's not "passive aggressive" anyway, it's more like aggressive-assertive.



Depends on what kind of "nasty" message it is.
Tame is offline  
#281 Old 04-12-2007, 09:58 PM
Newbie
 
GhostUser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tame View Post

Uh oh! Someone is after my Internet Bad ass title. Sending PMs? How sad.







First of all, one would have to assume everything you say about yourself is true. Personally, I don't buy it. You have been too inconsistent and well, you often don't know what you are talking about.

In addition, (allegedly) providing basic medical care to someone with a gunshot wound does not mean one then decides to carry a gun. Seems like a bit of an over reaction.



What have I been inconsistent about and please provide evidence that I have stated anything untrue. Also, I never said I provided basic medical care to someone with a gunshot. Maybe you make too many assumptions instead of trying to gain the facts.



And what causes someone to decide to carry a gun is a personal decision that they may make based upon any one or a number of circumstances.
GhostUser is offline  
#282 Old 04-12-2007, 10:03 PM
Newbie
 
GhostUser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tame View Post

Uh oh! Someone is after my Internet Bad ass title. Sending PMs? How sad.



FYI, I reapeated what I posted and sent a PM because her post attacking me, and my post letting her know what I thought of her were both deleted. But you wouldn't know that because you never try and gather the facts, you just make assumptions.
GhostUser is offline  
#283 Old 04-12-2007, 10:12 PM
Banned
 
Tame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 13,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati View Post

What have I been inconsistent about and please provide evidence that I have stated anything untrue.



Your firefighting and "aviation" expertise were exposed in various 9/11 threads. You were also exposed in one of the threads regarding your investing prowess.



Quote:
Also, I never said I provided basic medical care to someone with a gunshot. Maybe you make too many assumptions instead of trying to gain the facts.



Well, you certainly have been trying to imply it.



I have spent a large portion of my life trying to save lifes. I have scene the results of gunshot wounds and you think it is all some game.



Quote:

And what causes someone to decide to carry a gun is a personal decision that they may make based upon any one or a number of circumstances.



Okey-dokey.
Tame is offline  
#284 Old 04-12-2007, 10:14 PM
Banned
 
Tame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 13,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati View Post

FYI, I reapeated what I posted and sent a PM because her post attacking me, and my post letting her know what I thought of her were both deleted. But you wouldn't know that because you never try and gather the facts, you just make assumptions.



So, in other words, you were (correctly) edited, so you continued the attacks via PM? Gee, sounds like a TOS violation. Better watch it or ya might get suspended.
Tame is offline  
#285 Old 04-12-2007, 10:22 PM
Newbie
 
GhostUser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tame View Post

Your firefighting and "aviation" expertise were exposed in various 9/11 threads. You were also exposed in one of the threads regarding your investing prowess.



Well, you certainly have been trying to imply it.



I have spent a large portion of my life trying to save lifes. I have scene the results of gunshot wounds and you think it is all some game.



Would you like to see evidence of my FAA certificates? I will show you how to do so. If you want to pay for it, I will even send you a copy of my FAA records.



I was exposed in my investing prowness? By who? Remilard? LOL I provided references for everything I stated, and he provided none. I think I exposed his.



No, I never implyed it. You only assumed so. Actually, I flew EMS helicopters and transported patients with a wide range of injuries including gunshot wounds. I recently turned down a job flying EMS helicopters because I didn't want to leave Colorado.
GhostUser is offline  
#286 Old 04-12-2007, 10:24 PM
Newbie
 
GhostUser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tame View Post

So, in other words, you were (correctly) edited, so you continued the attacks via PM? Gee, sounds like a TOS violation. Better watch it or ya might get suspended.



Seeing that you are still here, I am in no way concerned of being suspended. Nor would I really care if I was.
GhostUser is offline  
#287 Old 04-12-2007, 10:42 PM
Veggie Regular
 
synergy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,887
Closing - We've recieved way too many complaints about this thread.

It seems people can't discuss the topic without resorting to personal attacks and getting way off topic.

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
synergy is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off