Yes 0 0%
No 0 0%
I don't know 0 0%
I don't want to say 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-05-2006, 11:38 AM
Ex-*****

Do you believe in Hell? If you do, who are the people who get to spend eternity by the burning sulphur pits, where evil devils and monsters dwell, dancing around their unfortunate victims and poke them with big forks all day and flames spit out of the ground and burn their flesh all night?

Do all non-believers, heretics and followers of "false" religions go to Hell? Mahatma Gandhi? Mother Theresa? (Since Catholics are not Christians in some people's view.) Dalai Lama? Albert Einstein? Abraham Lincoln? Benjamin Franklin? etc. Do homosexuals go to hell? Adulterers? Prostitutes? Those who wear clothes from more than one kind of fabric? Those who covet their neighbour's donkey?

I no longer post here after VB was sold in 2012. (See my profile page for details.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-05-2006, 11:45 AM

I voted, "I don't know."

I am really looking forward to reading people's answers.
#3 Old 10-05-2006, 11:50 AM
Veggie Regular

I believe in Hell for animals, humans have created it for them.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-05-2006, 12:05 PM
Veggie Regular

i believe in hell in two ways:

1. hell is the experience of suffering and separation that can be experienced in the present moment; with this, hell is also akin to illusion, ignorance, and self denial.

2. Hel is the norse goddess of life, death, and life. as a mythos motif, her construction and lesson is dynamic. it's rather difficult to explain, but feel free to look her up and see what she's all about. i had a rather vivid shamanic dream that involved Hel that is still impacting me so many months later.

For me, everyone experiences Hel and hell at some point in their lives, and everyone comes out of it, and goes back in, and so on until enlightenment. At which point, i suppose one becomes Hel (or deeply understands Hel), and is out of hell forevers.
#5 Old 10-05-2006, 12:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Yes, I believe Hell is real, but it's not as you described, IS. It's only a separation from God for those who do not want to be around him. I don't know for sure who all goes there but I'm fairly certain when I get to Heaven I'll be surprised to see some people. Non-human animals will be in Heaven.

You asked. Do not blame me if it an answer you don't like.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#6 Old 10-05-2006, 12:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

Oooooh. Good answer. EXCELLENT answer.
#7 Old 10-05-2006, 12:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Yea, I believe hell is real but not after this life given that I don't really believe in life after death etc (so i couldn't vote in your poll). It's right here and now for so many .
#8 Old 10-05-2006, 12:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Of course I don't know, so I voted "I don't know." But both my instincts and reason lead me to believe that, while people might sometimes believe that they're in metaphorical hell, hell doesn't exist as a literal place where bad people go when they die. I haven't seen any evidence that would suggest otherwise.
#9 Old 10-05-2006, 12:40 PM
Veggie Regular

It's also mind-boggling to think of just how many people would be there by now. Especially if homosexuals go there, too. What if you're the pope, and a closet homosexual? It just doesn't make sense.
#10 Old 10-05-2006, 12:48 PM
Banned

yeah.... i don't beleive in it*

so no doubt i'll be going straight to hell when i die. which will be ok, cos seeing as i don't beleive in it, it won't actually be there, so nor will i. i intend on being elsewhere, myself.

*gets headache*

it did look very pretty in the movie 'constantine', though.

*(or in god, or heaven, or unicorns, and many other things i can't see, hear, feel, or touch. i beleive in oxgyen and radiation, cos i can see their effects, but i'm still confused about the concept of outerspace too- i can't get my head around it- but it looks nice on startrek. maybe if i go there one day, that'll help me 'get it').
#11 Old 10-05-2006, 12:53 PM
Vegan Police Officer

#12 Old 10-05-2006, 01:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

I heard a rumor that the 5th circle was called the river Tyson.
#13 Old 10-05-2006, 01:09 PM
DLS
Veggie Regular

Hell explained by a chemistry student in a mid-term test.

Bonus question: Is Hell exothermic {gives off heat} or endothermus {absorbs heat}?

First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and at which rate they are leaving. I think that we cansafely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different religions that exsist in the world today. Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell.. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increases expotentially. Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyl's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added.

This gives two possibilities:

1. If Hell is expanding at a rate slower that the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.

2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster that the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it?

if we accept the postulate given to me by Gina during my Freshman year that, "it will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you," and take into account the fact that I slept with her last night, then number two must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozen over. The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is therefore, extinct......... leaving only Heaven, thereby proving the existence of a divine being which explains why, last night, Gina kept shouting "Oh my God, Oh my God!"

The student who wrote this received the only "A" in his class.
#14 Old 10-05-2006, 01:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Speaking of Hell and animals, I loved this quote one member had as her signature:

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in times of great moral crisis maintain their neutrality."

~ Dante Alighieri

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#15 Old 10-05-2006, 01:24 PM
Veggie Regular

I am with Skylark in believing that hell is real, and I don't at all believe it will be like the cliche that was and is often described. I have no right to point a judging finger at anyone...choosing who will be there and who won't isn't for me to decide.

We'll all find out for sure soon enough, I guess.
#16 Old 10-05-2006, 01:28 PM
Veggie Regular

I've been to hell. It's about two hours from where I live.
#17 Old 10-05-2006, 01:34 PM
Veggie Regular

"When you go to hell, you simply are reborn on earth as a farm animal"
#18 Old 10-05-2006, 01:50 PM
Veggie Regular

No, I think it is a fairy tale place made up to cow the masses into living thier lives a certain way.

Hell was not even given a place in the bible in the old testament there is a mention of Sheol which people commonly call to mean hell but it really only means grave. The King James bible is the one who made this translation but it is in error., That version of the bible is pretty rittled with errors though but I do not think they are mistakes at all but rather put in there intentionaly given the political history of the time that the King James bible was put together.

From what I understand though I can not verfy it since I can not read hebrew or greek only a few words here and there but apperantly it is not in either of those two translations.

However on a personal level even though I am not a christian I find the history of the religian to be amazing, but just a thought if hell is a real place then what did Jesus die for? According to the bible he died to "save all of mankind" It never did state that only a few would be saved, nor was the condition of beliveing in Jeses there.

He died to save all of mankind from thier sins, not just the select few belivers.

At least that is the viewpoint I get from reading the bible
#19 Old 10-05-2006, 02:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie View Post

I've been to hell. It's about two hours from where I live.

Nah, it is a birthday part for a 4-year old at Chuck-E-Cheese. I hate that ****ing rat.
#20 Old 10-05-2006, 02:21 PM

No hell for me, I don't like or agree with the dualism it implies. I don't think anything will happen to me after I die, except that I'll decompose
#21 Old 10-05-2006, 02:26 PM
Banned

If yer goin' through hell, keep on goin'. Don't slow down. If yer skarred, don't show it. Chamight get out 'afore the devil even knows yer therrrre.

:bows:
#22 Old 10-05-2006, 02:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tame View Post

Nah, it is a birthday part for a 4-year old at Chuck-E-Cheese. I hate that ****ing rat.

No, if she lives in Michigan, she really is about 2 hours from Hell.
#23 Old 10-05-2006, 02:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Rev 19:20 And the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who in its presence had done the signs by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped its image. These two were thrown alive into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur.

Quote:

Rev 20:10 and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Quote:

Rev 21:8 But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death."

Quote:

Mat 10:28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Quote:

2Pe 2:2 And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed.

2Pe 2:3 And in their greed they will exploit you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.

2Pe 2:4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to chains of gloomy darkness to be kept until the judgment;

I do not believe in the worldy hell that is advertised in entertainment venues. One where Satan rules over demons slowly torturing murderers and theives. Hell is a place created for the demons to suffer for eternity. Whether the spirits of humanity will simply cease to exist, will exist in complete seperation of God, or exist in torment, or the many other things only God knows.

Quote:
Joh 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Who goes to heaven? Who goes to hell? Only God knows.

I like the way C.S. Lewis sums it all up

Quote:
"There are only two kinds of people in the end: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, in the end, 'Thy will be done.' All that are in Hell, choose it"

Basically - if you don't want God in life... why would you want God in death?

Does forever saying "O' Holy Holy God forever to be Praised" in eternal worship sound like somthing you wish to do? Because God gives you just as you desire: Eternity in worship, or eternity in seperation.
#24 Old 10-05-2006, 03:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Preach it, brother!
#25 Old 10-05-2006, 04:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Alana View Post

No, if she lives in Michigan, she really is about 2 hours from Hell.

#26 Old 10-05-2006, 04:40 PM
Veggie Regular

I have a holiday home on the shore of the Styx.
#27 Old 10-05-2006, 05:15 PM

I voted that YES I believe in Hell. I should know. I work there.
#28 Old 10-05-2006, 06:52 PM
Veggie Regular

No. I believe it was invented by religious patriarchs.
#29 Old 10-05-2006, 06:57 PM
Banned

Who cares if it is real, I've been selling indulgences like hotcakes!
#30 Old 10-05-2006, 07:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythe View Post

I have a holiday home on the shore of the Styx.

You should move to the north side of town near the Acheron. Styx is a ghetto, huge murder rate. Downtown is much nicer, you get to hang out with like Virgil n stuff.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page