The CIA is a Terrorist Organization - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-16-2006, 06:30 PM
Veggie Regular

The Secret Wars of the CIA

The CIA is not now nor has it ever been a central intelligence agency. It is the covert action arm of the President's foreign policy advisers. In that capacity it overthrows or supports foreign governments while reporting "intelligence" justifying those activities. It shapes its intelligence, even in such critical areas as Soviet nuclear weapons capability, to support presidential policy. Disinformation is a large part of its covert action responsibility, and the American people are the primary target of its lies. Ralph McGehee, Deadly Deceits

http://www.serendipity.li/cia.html

John Stockwell is a 13-year veteran of the CIA and a former U.S. Marine Corps major. He was hired by the CIA in 1964, spent six years working for the CIA in Africa, and was later transferred to Vietnam. In 1973 he received the CIA's Medal of Merit, the Agency's second-highest award. In 1975, Stockwell was promoted to the CIA's Chief of Station and National Security Council coordinator, managing covert activities during the first years of Angola's bloody civil war. After two years he resigned, determined to reveal the truth about the agency's role in the Third World. Since that time, he has worked to expose the criminal activities of the CIA. He is the author of In Search of Enemies, an exposé of the CIA's covert action in Angola.

Stockwell: "We create a CIA, a secret police, with a vast budget, and let them go and run these programs in our name. We pretend like we don't know what's going on, though the information is there for us to know.

Nicaragua. This is the most famous covert action of the fifty that are going on today. They say there are thirteen "major" ones. This is not the biggest one. Afghanistan is. We've spent several hundred million dollars in Afghanistan. We've spent somewhat less than that, but close, in Nicaragua.

You have a target: a government that you don't like. You pick a country you're going to go after. The reasons are quite whimsical. We go after a country for a while, and if it doesn't work, sometimes we wind up being friends with them. They pick a government. They target them. They send the CIA in with its resources and its activists: hiring people, hiring agents to tear apart the social and economic fabric of the country. It's a technique for putting pressure on the government, hoping they can make the government come to the U.S.'s terms, or that the government will collapse altogether and they can engineer a coup d'etat, and have the thing wind up with their own choice of people in power.

What we're talking about is going in and deliberately creating conditions where the farmer can't get his produce to market; where children can't go to school; where women are terrified inside their homes.

To destabilize Nicaragua, beginning in 1981, we began funding this force of Somoza's ex-National Guardsmen, calling them the Contras, the counter-revolutionaries. We created this force, which did not exist until we allocated money. We armed them. We put uniforms on their backs and boots on their feet, gave them camps in Honduras to live in, medical supplies, doctors, training, leadership, direction, as we sent them in to destabilize Nicaragua. Under our direction, they have been systematically blowing up bridges, sawmills, graneries, government offices, schools, health centers. They ambush trucks so the produce can't get to market. They raid farms and villages. They use terror to traumatize society so that it cannot function.

The CIA was forming the police units that are, today, the death squads in El Salvador. The leaders were on the CIA's payroll, trained by the CIA in the United States.

The Cia trained and funded Osama Bin Laden.

CIA is the covert operations division of the U.S. goverment and as such has engaged in many terrorist activities. In fact the CIA is a terrorist organization, funded by the profits of international drug smuggling.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-16-2006, 06:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Your posts are getting more and more delusional. I'm concerned for you, Silver, that you're not taking care of yourself. Get a free screening, just to be safe.
#3 Old 09-16-2006, 07:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post

The Cia trained and funded Osama Bin Laden.

No, they didn't. He was a bit player who tried to make himself key to the Afghan resistance. He never was, and in fact, few of the Arab fighters who joined the Afghan resistance were.

Also, before you start, al Queda was not formed until the 90s.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-17-2006, 09:59 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpickell View Post

Your posts are getting more and more delusional. I'm concerned for you, Silver, that you're not taking care of yourself. Get a free screening, just to be safe.

Though I think the other posts are a bit out there, I do agree that the CIA is a particularly nasty little piece of our government, supporting coups, illegal regimes, dictatorships (pol pot for one)... our relationship with Noriega, our funding and military support to the Contras to overthrow the Sandanistan government, involvement in cuba...

A lot of the documents have been de-classified; you can read much about our CIA's involvement in latin america, and it's not exactly great.

However, it was two decades ago... maybe it's time to move on, Silver.
#5 Old 09-17-2006, 10:24 AM
Banned

Most of the bolded stuff is unsubstantiated at least.

Even if the CIA trained and funded Bin Laden, I'm not sure you can criticize training and funding a bad guy before he did the bad things. The US government and the california government trained and funded the unibomber (as a math phd student) but everyone seems to realize that it is stupid to bring that up after the fact.
#6 Old 09-17-2006, 10:29 AM
Veggie Regular

Hey, don't shoot the messenger! The posting was not my words, but the words of John Stockwell, a former CIA agent.

John Stockwell is a 13-year veteran of the CIA and a former U.S. Marine Corps major. He was hired by the CIA in 1964, spent six years working for the CIA in Africa, and was later transferred to Vietnam. In 1973 he received the CIA's Medal of Merit, the Agency's second-highest award. In 1975, Stockwell was promoted to the CIA's Chief of Station and National Security Council coordinator, managing covert activities during the first years of Angola's bloody civil war. After two years he resigned, determined to reveal the truth about the agency's role in the Third World. Since that time, he has worked to expose the criminal activities of the CIA. He is the author of In Search of Enemies, an exposé of the CIA's covert action in Angola.
#7 Old 09-17-2006, 10:53 AM
Veggie Regular

I am critical of ex-employees of anything, as sometimes they have an agenda against their previous employers.

Maybe he does want to expose the CIA. Or, maybe he was forced to resign for some reason (or didn't get early retirement, or someone else got the promotion he worked hard to achieve, or..etc) and holds a grudge against the CIA.
#8 Old 09-17-2006, 02:37 PM
Veggie Regular

You guys are all so negative, I love a good conspiracy theory.
#9 Old 09-17-2006, 02:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Conspiracy theories are fun, when you talk about them from an entertaining perspective. It's when you believe them as truth, and talk about them as truth, that causes others to develop concern.

#10 Old 09-18-2006, 08:31 AM
Veggie Regular

CIA Learned in '02 That Bin Laden Had No Iraq Ties, Report Says

By Walter Pincus

Washington Post Staff Writer

Friday, September 15, 2006; Page A14

The CIA learned in late September 2002 from a high-level member of Saddam Hussein's inner circle that Iraq had no past or present contact with Osama bin Laden and that Saddam Hussein considered bin Laden an enemy of the Baghdad regime, according to a recent Senate Intelligence Committee report.

Sen. Pat Roberts (R-Kan.) and two GOP colleagues on the committee disclosed this information for the first time in the panel's report on Iraq released last week. They wrote in the "additional views" section of the report that the Cabinet-level Iraqi official "said that Iraq has no past, current, or anticipated future contact with Osama bin Laden and al Qaeda" and that the official "added that bin Laden was in fact a longtime enemy of Iraq."

On Sept. 25, 2002, just days after the CIA received the source's information, President Bush told reporters: "Al-Qaeda hides. Saddam doesn't, but the danger is, is that they work in concert. The danger is, is that al-Qaeda becomes an extension of Saddam's madness and his hatred and his capacity to extend weapons of mass destruction around the world. . . . [Y]ou can't distinguish between al-Qaeda and Saddam when you talk about the war on terror."
#11 Old 09-18-2006, 09:01 AM
Veggie Regular

We cannot be both the world's leading champion of peace and the world's leading supplier of the weapons of war

---Jimmy Carter
#12 Old 09-18-2006, 09:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpickell View Post

so true, in my hometown we had this guy charles mccoy cause a huge panic because he didn't take care of his own mental health, really sad.

* This post may contain pork, beef and fingers of undocumented workers. This post was manufactured in a facility that processes peanuts.
#13 Old 09-18-2006, 03:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Hang on, so most of you guys don't agree that the war on terror and Saddam's supposed nuclear arsenal were used as excuses to invade Iraq? I thought that that was a pretty commonly held truth. Maybe that's because I don't live in America.
#14 Old 09-18-2006, 07:08 PM
Veggie Regular

up until the last year or so, i believe most polls showed that more than 50% of americans believed that Iraq had something to do with 9/11.

I think that it was this year when the tides turned... now I think about 30% of americans believe that Saddam Hussein was involved.

someone want to do my research for me?
#15 Old 09-18-2006, 08:57 PM
Red
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post

We cannot be both the world's leading champion of peace and the world's leading supplier of the weapons of war

---Jimmy Carter

I've looked on many women with lust. I've committed adultery in my heart many times. God knows I will do this and forgives me.

---Jimmy Carter
#16 Old 09-19-2006, 12:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonAmy View Post

Iraq had something to do with 9/11.

yes Iraq had something to do with 9.11, that poll is retarded in that it doesn't measure a prevalent belief but rather a mood of support for the coalition in Iraq because the phrasing is near meaningless, infinitely mutable.

lets look at the possible meanings of "Iraq had something to do with 9/11.":

-saddam ordered the attacks on the world trade center

-iraq is a rogue state known to support terrorism

-saddam is likely to make a future attack on the united states similar to bin laden using nbcs based on past use of terror and assisination

-saddam is a threat that we cannot afford to ignore as we did bin laden

* This post may contain pork, beef and fingers of undocumented workers. This post was manufactured in a facility that processes peanuts.
#17 Old 09-19-2006, 03:16 PM
Veggie Regular

I'd say 9/11 had something to do with Iraq, it provided the perfect climate of fear to justify it, at least in the beginning.
#18 Old 09-20-2006, 09:37 AM
Veggie Regular

"What kind of victory is it when someone is left defeated? What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy. What is a war criminal? Was not war itself a crime against God and humanity, and, therefore, were not all those who sanctioned, engineered and conducted wars, war criminals? The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong. Non-cooperation with evil is a sacred duty."

--Gandhi
#19 Old 09-20-2006, 09:44 AM

Silver, why do you keep posting quotes everywhere?
#20 Old 09-20-2006, 05:08 PM
Veggie Regular

It takes less effort to copy and paste.
#21 Old 09-20-2006, 05:42 PM
Veggie Regular

The CIA is scary.

I love Jimmy Carter (and Gandhi.)
#22 Old 09-22-2006, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post

I've looked on many women with lust. I've committed adultery in my heart many times. God knows I will do this and forgives me.

---Jimmy Carter

A liberal who's a Christian too...gasp!

To derail this silly thread further, one of my favorite JC (not THAT JC) quotes:

"A strong nation, like a strong person, can afford to be gentle, firm, thoughtful, and restrained. It can afford to extend a helping hand to others. It's a weak nation, like a weak person, that must behave with bluster and boasting and rashness and other signs of insecurity.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#23 Old 09-22-2006, 05:29 AM
Vegan Police Officer

A country cannot simultaneously prepare and prevent war. (Albert Einstein)
#24 Old 09-22-2006, 03:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana View Post

A country cannot simultaneously prepare and prevent war. (Albert Einstein)

In disagreement with many cold war scholars who hold that the development of massive nuclear arsenals actually prevented a massive, world-destroying war.

Edit: ... I should point out that this is, in general, contradictory to the rest of military history. It's really a pecularity of nuclear warfare that has brought on decades of literature in the military history community, and isn't representative of the rest of warfare. Nonetheless, I felt like mentioning it because it really is such an interesting phenomena (that has really helped keep humanity alive where we otherwise definitely would've blown each other away in the 1950's at the latest).
#25 Old 09-22-2006, 03:06 PM
Veggie Regular

"Any man can be 62, but it takes a bus to be 62A"

--Spike Milligan

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#26 Old 09-22-2006, 04:36 PM
Veggie Regular

uh oh, I think she's mental!

quick, somebody get the net!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page