Later Dudes - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 06-05-2006, 05:02 PM
Ex-*****

Once upon a time many years ago when I was little, a cat wandered into our house from nowhere. It accepted food offered to it, and it decided to stay. I like cats, they are truly wonderful creatures. However, the problem with this particular cat was that it wasn't especially well behaved. It saw nothing wrong in doing a little curtain-climbing or sharpening its claws on the wallpaper. We tried to explain that this sort of behaviour was in breach of the terms under the cat - human cohabitation agreement, but it seemed it really couldn't care less. However, one day towards the end of the summer, it walked out of the house and we never saw it again.

I no longer post here after VB was sold in 2012. (See my profile page for details.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 06-05-2006, 06:27 PM
Veggie Regular

The thing I remember from my childhood was how we had a dog that liked to carry toys around. Once he brought three red balls inside and because we thought one ball would have been enough, we threw all three in the trash. One time he also had left one toy on the front yard when it should have been in the back yard so we threw it away too.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#33 Old 06-06-2006, 08:58 AM
Veggie Regular

When I was growing up I had a cat and a dog.

That's it.

(Hint: it's an allegory. Good luck.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 06-06-2006, 12:16 PM
Tom
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana View Post

Oh wow. I only just saw this thread.

Will miss you loads, MadPoet. I hope you'll change your mind. AR voices on these boards are needed to create a balance. If AR people go because they get pissed off with the general anti-AR stance here (and particularly from the mods), then that's not helping the animals much.

We're not here to please the people. We do it for the animals.

If you only post on AR sites, you're preaching only to the converted. It's great to be in the company of people who ideas are similar to ours, but that is not enough. We need also to have a voice elsewhere.

There are a lot of people who lurk on VB and who never post. They too... need to hear AR voices.

If you read this post, please reconsider.

Heck, I'll try and PM you. Maybe you get PM notifications in your e-mail and will see it.

Diana (and Sevenseas)- I know I've argued with you a bit sometimes, but the fact is, the two of you are philosophical soulmates to me compared to the average person. My views aren't as solidly AR as both of yours', but they're close.

I just wanted to say that I support you more than it might have appeared from my posts.

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.
#35 Old 06-06-2006, 02:13 PM
Ex-*****

Our next cat was a shelter cat. She too was a notorious wallpaper scratcher, but only climbed the curtains a couple of times at Christmas. Even if we were nagging her about the wallpaper, she still loved us, and we loved her back. She stayed with us until she died.

I no longer post here after VB was sold in 2012. (See my profile page for details.)
#36 Old 06-06-2006, 02:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh yeah, the dog's name was Sam.
#37 Old 06-06-2006, 03:15 PM

What was his wife's name?
#38 Old 06-06-2006, 04:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post

Diana (and Sevenseas)- I know I've argued with you a bit sometimes, but the fact is, the two of you are philosophical soulmates to me compared to the average person. My views aren't as solidly AR as both of yours', but they're close.

I just wanted to say that I support you more than it might have appeared from my posts.

Yeah well I've always considered you to be on the same page, at least compared to 99% of the population .

"and I stand

upon a mountain

#39 Old 06-06-2006, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SotallyTober View Post

What was his wife's name?

The dog's wife?

I can already see the activist groups forming now..."we must pass an ammendment banning dog marriage"

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#40 Old 06-06-2006, 08:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Best swan-song thread EVER!!

Indian Summer, Sevenseas, and VIO...

*wipes tear*

beautiful. simply beautiful.

Nec Aspera Terrent
#41 Old 06-06-2006, 10:04 PM
Banned

Dude, I posted Richard Marx lyrics. It doesn't get any better than that.
#42 Old 06-07-2006, 03:37 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

The dog's wife?

I can already see the activist groups forming now..."we must pass an ammendment banning dog marriage"

Dogs just want equal rights and tax breaks like the rest of us.
#43 Old 06-07-2006, 05:44 AM

He said it was an allegory. I looked up the term because I had no idea what an allegory was/is. I'm probably incorrectly assuming that veganinohio's Dad's name is Sam (the dog) and his mom is the cat. He actully didn't have animals growing up. I'm probably wrong though.
#44 Old 06-07-2006, 09:42 AM
Veggie Regular

I think the cat symbolizes a fundamental frustration in the face of an existence that is seen to be without meaning. The dog on the other hand is a metaphor for the endless struggle of maintaining a stable identity in a postmodern era where change is realized to be the only constant. The dog also refers to Snoopy, thus ironically emphasizing the way popular culture has pervaded society.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

#45 Old 06-14-2006, 05:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganinohio View Post

I can't wait for my last moment/pathetic post here. I'm gonna go out with something really great. Don't know what it'll be. Here's an idea: I'll tell everyone who agreed with my posts that they are great and intelligent and then I'll tell everyone who disagreed that they are idiots who obviously just don't understand. Don't think I've seen anyone try that before.

Haha, hahahahahaha.

My lawd, you crazy. Haha.
#46 Old 06-14-2006, 05:55 PM
Banned

Ummm, I like Hold OnTo The Night. Ok ok, I admit it. I think it's a good song ok.
#47 Old 06-14-2006, 06:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpickell View Post

Dogs just want equal rights and tax breaks like the rest of us.

But dog's don't deserve those right because they don't speak English
#48 Old 06-14-2006, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vggiegirl View Post

But dog's don't deserve those right because they don't speak English

that was funny.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page