Revised-Animal Rights Extremist Supporters Poll-Adults Only Please - VeggieBoards
View Poll Results: Do vivisectors and their supporters make you want to:
get on your knees and pray 0 0%
vomit till you pass out 0 0%
use your magical powers to turn them into daisies 0 0%
become omnipotent supreme and rid the world of those nasty little pest 0 0%
put them into cages to be experimented on 0 0%
watch them try to talk their way into heaven 0 0%
put a photo of them on your wall to show people your heroes 0 0%
leave them alone in a room with Chuck Norris 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-26-2006, 05:53 PM
Beginner

I am taking the suggestions I got on my other poll and making your selections anonymous. Thanks for the tips.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-26-2006, 06:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Maybe you should include the first paragraph from your other thread? or do you want to talk about something different?
#3 Old 05-26-2006, 07:38 PM
Beginner

My original intent was to have a poll and the Animal Rights Extremist Supporters thread together. I ended up with the original thread without the poll because I didn't make the time limit on adding the poll to the thread. Then, I posted the Animal Rights Extremist Supporters Poll and someone left a tip that I should make the poll anonymous which is the reason for this 'Revised Animal Rights Extremist Supporters poll. Now, I guess it's logical to combine this poll with the Animal Rights Extremist Supporters thread. I already closed the other poll and I'll go back and close the original thread and leave this one as the only open one. Why is there a time limit on creating a poll?

Anyway, Here is my original intro:

ex·trem·ist

n.

One who advocates or resorts to measures beyond the norm.

Do you find yourself in awe of those who will risk their personal freedom and even their lives to make the world a better place for animals? Does it make you mad when people criticize those who break those so called 'laws' and free animals from imprisonment, torture and death in those so called Sh*tler Concentration Camps called 'Medical Research Labs'? Do you find yourself disgusted that you have to worry that by starting a thread like this that you may be flagged by fascist? Are you an ethical vegan and pro-animal rights campaigner? Do you find it hard to understand how vivisector's and their supporters can trade in the chance of a few protracted years for the chance of an eternity in paradise? Can you understand why vivisector's and their supporters don't understand that they are the monsters our mom's and dad's warned us about? Do you think that eventually the world will progress and vivisection will be a horror of the past? Do you exhaust legal means to help animals and although you have not committed illegal acts to help animals yourselves, you do support animal extremist who do commit illegal acts if those acts do not involve harming other sentient beings? Do you find talking about vivisection painful yet important if we are to find ways to help fight against it? If you answered yes to the above questions, this thread may be for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-26-2006, 07:41 PM
Beginner

p.s.

It is not my intention to inflame or depress in this thread. It is my intention to give praise to those whom I often admire, animal rights extremist. I use the word extremist because I feel it somewhat accurately describes the unfortunate lengths that some go through to accomplish a good deed, in this case animal rescue from legal torture. I am interested in learning others reasons why they too support animal rights extremist as well as pertinent points to this topic.
#5 Old 05-26-2006, 07:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Good job madpoet! I'm sure it will be a lively thread
#6 Old 05-26-2006, 08:45 PM

There is already an active (very active) thread on AR here in the Heap. If you want to have an AR support thread, you might try that forum instead. The Heap is for debate, which is clearly not your intent ("extremist supporters")

However, I can tell you that such a thread will largely be met with skepticism by the mod team, not because of our personal beliefs, but because one-sided discussion are rarely productive here.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page