The Soul Part I: Out of Body Experiences - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 02-08-2006, 12:35 AM
Veggie Regular

It just intruiges me to read some answers people gave....it's interesting to see the differing opinions on the afterlife from people who are very pro-animals....just very interesting...

my own response:

1) yes

2) yes

3) unsure

4) no

5) unsure

6) yes

7) unsure

To everyone who's posted: I have had an in body experience, and I've had lucid dreams, but I've never experienced parting with my body...

As far as auras...if they are electromagnetic fields as pointed out in a previous post, mine would be visible to the naked eye at times, or I'd think it would be...cuz I regularly have lightbulbs burn out around me..about once a week to once a month. I go through anywhere between 12-50 bulbs in a yr. These are not limited to particular types of bulbs..I've burnt halogen bulbs and flashlight bulbs (brand new, at that)...this only began when I became pregnant with my daughter, and most of the time, the bulbs burn out a lot if we are together or if either of us are extremely upset.

The in body experience that I had, there was a little boy with me. He had an "aura"? or his body was composed of what appeared to look like (human interpretation) 3D chalklines of pale blues, pinks, purples, and whites...together....he seemed to be quite engrossed in something else and either it was very important or it was the latest handheld game O_o

Regardless, I'm of the utmost certainty that he's with me always, and whether or not that makes me feel better about anything is debatable. I just believe he's with me, but I don't think he could actually stop an (as put on Sony's warranty conditions) "Act of God." Although I lived through a semi truck's tire retread landing on my windshield and car roof and me and my daughter lived through that ^_^ but a lightbulb burnt out that day when I got home..I was really stressed!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 02-08-2006, 11:13 AM
Veggie Regular

^^^how interesting. you & your daughter must have very strong energies. i think my mom has a very strong energy as well. she has the most amazing green thumb. she has a patio full of gorgeous plants that seem to just thrive around her. she doesn't even do anything special besides water them. although i think she has said she talks to them sometimes. i'm convinced her success with them has something to do with something she naturally emits. i, on the other hand, can't keep a plant alive for anything, which is odd because i'm very much a nurturer.

i've talked to a few people who say they can look at a person and see thier "light". they say that some people are really bright while others are dim and that sometimes they can kind of see someone's light dim if they are making bad decisions. a friend told me about a time when she & her boyfriend were talking and he was telling her how he was going to sell his business and she saw a darkness grow around him..as if she could see that this would be a bad decision for him. she had strange phenomenon follow her. at one house she lived at she felt that a ghost lived there with her. of course i was scepticle, but i began to see why she believed this. things would always fall of her bathroom shelf when we weren't in the room (wasn't because of a breeze or air vents, i checked). and we would hear footsteps above us when we were downstairs with no one else in the house. that kind of stuff freaks me out! she would also have foretelling dreams which would realize a few days later. one time we went to a concert with general admission tickets. well, we decided that wasn't good enough so we were going to try to get much closer. as we started walking i said "what are we doing? how are we going to get past the ushers?" and she said "i don't know but we just will." so we approach some ushers and she starts talking to one not even realizing that one of them knows her. i think she was just expecting a miracle, like they would just let her by. the usher asked isn't your name such n such and they hug and chat for a bit and then she lets us stroll on past. we end up on the 10th row. not bad seats! things like that always happened with her. she was an interesting girl who definitely had a strong presence. it's too bad she was also very catty & overly competitive or we'd probably still be friends.
#33 Old 02-12-2006, 12:20 AM
Banned

Why don't people think we are animals? haha. I see it so much on here. I just want to know why. Is it because scientist say so? What is it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 02-12-2006, 01:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavedbytheBlood View Post

Why don't people think we are animals? haha. I see it so much on here. I just want to know why. Is it because scientist say so? What is it?

Well I suppose it depends on how you define animal. In day to day speak many people seem to define animal as any member of the kingdom animalia EXCEPT homo sapiens. In which case we wouldn't be an animal. But any biology class or scientist will define animal as any member of the kingdom animalia. Notice there was no clause this time.

The reason for including homo sapiens in the kingdom animalia is because we have way too many traits that are similar to non-human animals that we can't ignore it. It was even be suggested that chimps should move to the genus homo because of our similarities.

To say we aren't animals is ignoring everything about biology. What kingdom would we be in at that point?
#35 Old 02-12-2006, 09:10 PM
Veggie Regular

I didn't mean that we weren't animals...it's almost like a double entendra...

basically...if I am saying how some people think we are not equals to animals, even though we are animals...we should feel/believe that every animal, every creature itself has a soul if humans have souls...because humans are animals..

But there are some things science hasn't ironed out, so that above statement isn't necessarily completely accurate, not to say that it's false.

hence the question.

Nobody, or at least not "I", was implying that people are not animals.
#36 Old 02-13-2006, 09:51 PM
Veggie Regular

1) do you believe in the soul?

No, but I do believe in James Brown.

2) do you believe in OBE's

No.

3) do you believe an OBE is a mental thing and not a spiritual thing (caused by chemicals in the brain or neurons being activated by something or other)

Chemiicals reactions and halucinations.

4) is it wrong for a human to have an OBE if it means going where humans don't go physically (aka...like walking into the bosses office when he's not in there to see...similar aspect is a human having an OBE when "God" might not be wanting said human to do such a thing)...

What?

5) if you believe in OBE's...do you think reincarnation is a possibility, or do you feel that people just move on out of the earth once their life is over with.

Are bodies are what is eternal.

6) Do you feel that animals have souls?

Did James Brown have any pets?

7) If animals do have souls, would they go where humans go when they all die...:-p

If they've been good the go someplace where people are not. If they've been bad, they go with the people.
#37 Old 02-14-2006, 01:17 AM
Banned

I not ignoring anything. I think. Haha. I just believe HUMAN aren't animals. I believe we are biologically though. I just can't see myself as an animal. I use to think this now. We I was a kid. In school. But when I became a Christain, I just didn't see that as being true to me. About that chimp thing. Humans evolving from chimps. I don't understand how people can believe that we turned in to humans from a chimp in time. I just don't see it. I believe that animals are animals and humans are humans. That's how I see it. I believe that we are two different beings. This doesn't make me a bad person.

I'm not saying I think that humans are better than animals. I believe that all God's creations must be treated right. His humans, his animals, and his earth. All of it. All that God made is precious, and good. That's how I see it.

Oh, and what's an out of boby experience?
#38 Old 02-14-2006, 08:32 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavedbytheBlood View Post

Oh, and what's an out of boby experience?

Did you mean an "out of booby" experience?
#39 Old 02-14-2006, 03:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Humans didn't evolve from chimps. Humans and chimps evolved from a shared ancestor.
#40 Old 02-16-2006, 02:25 AM
Banned

renaissancesun, I meant what's an out of body experience? I don't know that that meants.

And you could have just said I misspelt it.
#41 Old 02-16-2006, 02:26 AM
Banned

Yeah I believe humans and animals evolved from the same ancester, God. Hahaha. That was funny. Haha. Well to me it was.
#42 Old 02-16-2006, 03:24 AM
Joe
Veggie Regular

From what I've read of such experiences, the soul leaves the body and travels about in an involuntary manner. It is often drawn toward a kind of tunnel at the end of which it meets a "Being of Light," etc. But it is not really under voluntary control, so cannot do things like visit the boss's office or the locker room of members of the opposite sex and things like that.
#43 Old 02-16-2006, 04:50 AM

Quote:
From what I've read of such experiences, the soul leaves the body and travels about in an involuntary manner. It is often drawn toward a kind of tunnel at the end of which it meets a "Being of Light," etc.

Same thing I heard and read also.
#44 Old 02-16-2006, 11:51 AM
Joe
Veggie Regular

I think the book most often referred to regarding out of body experiences is Raymond Moody's "Life After Life."

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/006...lance&n=283155
#45 Old 02-18-2006, 11:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Kidding.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page