how do you feel about families who choose to have 10+ children (biological)? - Page 26 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#751 Old 11-10-2011, 12:42 AM
Veggie Regular

As a parent of just one kid myself, I think it would be very difficult to give 10 kids the attention they individually need.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#752 Old 11-10-2011, 03:01 PM
Veggie Regular

For you, maybe.

"If you are lonely when you're alone, you are in bad company."
Jean-Paul Sartre
#753 Old 11-10-2011, 03:08 PM
Veggie Regular

I really don't think it's my place to 'feel' anything. It's not for me, but there are lots of things that aren't for me. And things that are for me that other people wouldn't/couldn't do. As long as everyone is healthy and happy, who are we to judge?

Who needs sleep when we've got love?
Who needs keys when we've got clubs?
Who needs please when we've got guns?
Who needs peace when we've gone above?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#754 Old 11-10-2011, 03:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasher View Post

As a parent of just one kid myself, I think it would be very difficult to give 10 kids the attention they individually need.

i agree. i have two and find it tough to try and be equal with that number. it seems humanly impossible to give that number the nurturing that they should have.

The Big Bad.
#755 Old 11-10-2011, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispex22 View Post

my grandpa had 15 brothers and sister.

So did mine. Are we related somehow?
#756 Old 11-10-2011, 04:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster View Post

Given the world's current population I find having too many biological kids as quite selfish.

Exactly. I find it rather unethical as well.
#757 Old 11-10-2011, 04:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbleforlola View Post

I really don't think it's my place to 'feel' anything. It's not for me, but there are lots of things that aren't for me. And things that are for me that other people wouldn't/couldn't do. As long as everyone is healthy and happy, who are we to judge?

Human. Judging is kinda our thing.
#758 Old 11-10-2011, 04:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sequoia View Post

Many of you know that I will never, ever have biological children. I do not want kids, but if I were to change my mind I'd definitely adopt. So this is going to sound strange...

If I were to start a family and adopt kids, I'd want a ton of them. As in, 10 or more. I suppose it's all or nothing with me.

Something tells me you wouldn't treat your female children as second-class citizens. So adopt away! I really, really hope at least a few of the Duggar girls choose a different path.
#759 Old 11-10-2011, 04:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post

Something tells me you wouldn't treat your female children as second-class citizens. So adopt away! I really, really hope at least a few of the Duggar girls choose a different path.

Is that how they're treated? I haven't seen the show but I've heard they live in very old fashioned ways. My mom said she saw an episode where a son got married and he had never kissed anyone before, so if they also had a patriarchal type of household it wouldn't surprise me
#760 Old 11-10-2011, 05:16 PM
Veggie Regular

It is the woman's job to take care of the house and defer to her husband. Makes me want to
#761 Old 11-10-2011, 05:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

See, this is what scares me. If those kids all start breeding at a rate similar to their parents we're going to be overrun with Duggars in a few generations

like i said put them on an island
#762 Old 11-10-2011, 05:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

So did mine. Are we related somehow?

idk are you in the rodgers family. and i dont mean mr rodgers
#763 Old 11-10-2011, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispex22 View Post

idk are you in the rodgers family. and i dont mean mr rodgers

Nope. Darn, that would have been cool
#764 Old 11-13-2011, 05:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sequoia View Post

Many of you know that I will never, ever have biological children. I do not want kids, but if I were to change my mind I'd definitely adopt. So this is going to sound strange...

If I were to start a family and adopt kids, I'd want a ton of them. As in, 10 or more. I suppose it's all or nothing with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

I understand that perfectly (Well, having 10 kids would drive me NUTS personally but I get the concept )

There's a big difference between having 10 biological kids and 10 adopted kids. The adopted ones already exist and need homes.

What Werewolf Girl said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post

It is the woman's job to take care of the house and defer to her husband. Makes me want to

Well, that's really sad. Just keep breeding people and brainwashing them.

"I am a woman of science. At least that's what my horoscope said."
#765 Old 11-14-2011, 01:37 PM
Veggie Regular

I think it's selfish for people to have so many biological children, especially of world overpopulation and other children who are already born and need a home. I think 2 biological children are about enough for a couple.
#766 Old 11-14-2011, 01:49 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm not even sure if I want biological kids anymore. If I have them, I'm only having 1.
However, I wouldn't mind adopting 4 or 5 kids.

DON'T BRING MY MOTHER INTO THIS!
#767 Old 11-16-2011, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roneet View Post

I think it's selfish for people to have so many biological children, especially of world overpopulation and other children who are already born and need a home. I think 2 biological children are about enough for a couple.

This is exactly how I feel. I think its horrible that the Duggars and their nine million kids are so glorified on television. I hate to think that more people will want to actively try to have mega families, and thus overpopulate our earth even more. If you have so much love to give, and the resources for a mega family, why not adopt? There are SO many kids in the foster system that really need some stability.

I hope at least one of the Duggar girls gets out, goes to college, and becomes a "rebel".

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page