High School Hotties, This Poll's for You - Page 6 - VeggieBoards
View Poll Results: How do you feel about adult males thinking of you in sexual terms?
I like it 0 0%
I don't like it 0 0%
I don't care 0 0%
I never knew they were 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#151 Old 07-03-2005, 02:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Soilman, I really like how you are equating adult expression of attraction towards children with brain damage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#152 Old 07-03-2005, 02:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by soilman View Post

It may be unfortunate for the girl, because the man may be a perfectly nice retarded or brain damaged man, and not a pedaphile. He (or she) may be someone she can have a completely non-sexual relationship with, and learn from, and benefit from knowing, if not for the eww factor. The eww factor keeps her away, even tho he may be harmless, and have absolutely no interest in having a relationship with. And it may be unfortunate for the man, if the eww affect makes the girl uncomfortable about bringing him his meals-on-wheels or whatever.

Huh? I'm not sure I'm getting your logic. How many times will a young girl develop a beneficial relationship with an older, mentally retardard man who has made an oggling face to her as she happens by?

If a young girl who is working with meals-on-wheels happens to get an oggling expression from a mentally retardard man who she is deliverying to she would probably be understanding and not have an "ewww expression" because I'd expect her to be familar with the situation at hand.
#153 Old 07-03-2005, 02:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Maybe the eww factor is some kind of biological instinct of self-preservation and rightly so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#154 Old 07-03-2005, 02:58 PM
Banned

"If a young girl who is working with meals-on-wheels happens to get an oggling expression from a mentally retardard man who she is deliverying to she would probably be understanding and not have an "ewww expression" because I'd expect her to be familar with the situation at hand."

Probably. But in some cases she wouldn't understand that the man was simply to control his face, due to being retarded, and might find the job makes her uncomfortable. And I wasn't talking about "ogling" but about fleeting facial expressions -- lack of "poker face."
#155 Old 07-03-2005, 03:06 PM
Banned

"Maybe the eww factor is some kind of biological instinct of self-preservation and rightly so."

Oh -- it is absolutely some kind of biological instinct with self-preservation factors involved. But whether it is "right" or "wrong" is outside the realm of evolutionary science. And whether it is good for self preservation -- maybe, maybe not. Sometimes our biological instincts do more harm than good. It may or may not be beneficial, in any particular case. For example the expression of sexual interest on the man's face is also a biological instinct, but it this case it does more harm to him than good.

We gain control over life when we learn to let each particular instinct work, or supress the instict, depending upon the situation.

I should have supressed my instinct to show dismay in my face, when I saw the fat boy with the Hawaain shirt. Even reflexes can be harmful. Take the knee-jerk reflex. If there is a hot iron on the path of your foot, the best course of action is to suppress your knee-jerk reflex. Reflexes, like instincts, are biologically statistically tied to self preservation. But they can never be described as either "good" or "bad." And in some circumstances, they can do more harm than good.
#156 Old 07-03-2005, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin_Sword2Sky View Post

Honestly?

I contradict myself. You want a prize or something?

The Rev
#157 Old 07-03-2005, 03:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Probably. But in some cases she wouldn't understand that the man was simply to control his face, due to being retarded, and might find the job makes her uncomfortable. And I wasn't talking about "ogling" but about fleeting facial expressions -- lack of "poker face."

if she knows he is retardard then i think any well-meaning person would be understanding if not expect it. i'm sure the people who sent her would tell her what to expect.

but yeah, i'm sure there are young girls who make rude faces at people who are different; it's unfortunate, but part of being immature.
#158 Old 07-03-2005, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhadragon View Post

Im sorry ,but I dont believe the post that is quoted above..THIS LINK IS GRAPHIC

http://www.yahooka.com/forum/showpos...92&postcount=1

I thought you had me on ignore?

The Rev
#159 Old 07-03-2005, 03:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

"Maybe the eww factor is some kind of biological instinct of self-preservation and rightly so."

Oh -- it is absolutely some kind of biological instinct with self-preservation factors involved. But whether it is "right" or "wrong" is outside the realm of evolutionary science. Also, sometimes our biological instincts do more harm than good. It may or may not be beneficial, in any particular case. For example the expression of sexual interest on the man's face is also a biological instinct, but it this case it does more harm to him than good.

The difference is though is that one is an adult and the other is a child/teenager. Unless a person is retarded they should have full control of their emotional expressions. Do you really think retarded mens inability to control facial expressions is whats at issue anyway? That seems like an attempt to distract. Granted the idea that the type of men that would ogle young girls or discuss it on an open forum may be retarded or have some type of brain damage is an attractive assumption but I would be surprised if that is the case for most.
#160 Old 07-03-2005, 03:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rev View Post

The Rev

Do you have yourself on ignore? Sober up and read the post in that link (that's available for millions of kids to read) and then have your wife read it.
#161 Old 07-03-2005, 03:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

The Rev

Not especially, but thanks for asking.
#162 Old 07-03-2005, 03:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

We gain control over life when we learn to let each particular instinct work, or supress the instict, depending upon the situation.

I should have supressed my instinct to show dismay in my face, when I saw the fat boy with the Hawaain shirt. Even reflexes can be harmful. Take the knee-jerk reflex. If there is a hot iron on the path of your foot, the best course of action is to suppress your knee-jerk reflex. Reflexes, like instincts, are biologically statistically tied to self preservation. But they can never be described as either "good" or "bad." And in some circumstances, they can do more harm than good.

I work with the public in the summer and run across all kinds of people; fat, physically challenged sometimes I run into facial deformities, whatever. You make eye contact with another human being and you smile at them. It’s not rocket science; it doesn’t require great wisdom, just enough self-awareness to impart common courtesy.
#163 Old 07-03-2005, 03:20 PM

This thread is getting creepier by the minute.
#164 Old 07-03-2005, 03:30 PM
Banned

Quote:

The Rev

I nominated her for post of the year, and that nomination was seconded. We'll have to wait until February to see if she walks away with it though.
#165 Old 07-03-2005, 03:31 PM

Quote:

The Rev

I thought you were'nt a pervert?

#166 Old 07-03-2005, 03:32 PM
Veggie Regular

i haven't seen the word "creepy" used so much as in this thread since I used to watch Scooby-Doo back in the day.
#167 Old 07-03-2005, 03:33 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't really know how I feel about this.. Boys thinking about me in that way usually creeps me out because I don't understand why on earth they would. I'm not a hottie whatsoever in my mind but recently I've been notcing more male attention. It cn be very flattering to see someone checking you out etc. It does seem a bit wrong to me for someone much older to be looking at me but as long as they don't come up to me I don't read to much into it.
#168 Old 07-03-2005, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaya View Post

Do you have yourself on ignore? Sober up and read the post in that link (that's available for millions of kids to read) and then have your wife read it.

Yeah, that makes me look pretty bad. Time for another poll.

The Rev
#169 Old 07-03-2005, 03:49 PM

Quote:

I thought you were'nt a pervert?

Yes you did, and an ego-maniac, and god knows what else. It's no mystery to me how you've felt about me, I DO stop by and read GB from time to time.

The Rev
#170 Old 07-03-2005, 03:50 PM
Banned

catgurl " I'm not a hottie whatsoever in my mind but recently I've been notcing more male attention."

What causes attention by others can sometimes be unpredictable.

For example recently I was riding on the bus and the bus was fairly crowded, but there were several empty seats left. I had my backpack taking up the seat next to me. This strikingly beautiful young woman gets on the bus. She must be about 25, by the way -- not no teenager. And I am not looking at her or paying any attention to her whatsoever. I notice several male heads, and female heads too, turn to look at her, but mine is not among them. She gets on, I look once at what is going on, and then I forget about it. I don't have any reason to think she won't easily find an empty seat somewhere, or any reason to continue looking at her.

Next thing I know, she is standing right next to the seat with my backpack on it, and staring alternately at me, and at my backpack. I assure you, I'm not a hottie whatsoever in my mind. So why did she want that seat if she could have sat next to one of several other men or women? I have no idea. Maybe precisely because I ignored her, and didn't even have the courtesy to pick up my backpack, when she walked by. Only after she stood there for about a full minute, ogling me, and alternately, my backpack, did I get the hint, and pick up my backpack and put it on my lap. Yes, she just wanted the seat -- but there were a bunch of completely empty seats. Why she didn't want to take one of the empty seats, I don't know. Where the men in the next seats ogling her? I don't know. Maybe because getting my seat with my backpack on it, was a challenge, while getting a seat to one of the other men on the bus would have been real easy.
#171 Old 07-03-2005, 03:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I dont see how being a considerate person implies inhibiting personal desires.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I'm understanding that sentence. I think being a considerate person often means inhibiting personal desires, when expression of those desires is inappropriate.
#172 Old 07-03-2005, 04:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludi View Post

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I'm understanding that sentence. I think being a considerate person often means inhibiting personal desires, when expression of those desires is inappropriate.

All the sentence means (sorry its confusing) is that a person can have their personal desires with out expressing them. Being considerate does not stop/inhibit someone from feeling anything.
#173 Old 07-03-2005, 04:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

All the sentence means (sorry its confusing) is that a person can have their personal desires with out expressing them. Being considerate does not stop/inhibit someone from feeling anything.

Ok, right! I absolutely agree!
#174 Old 07-03-2005, 04:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Yeah, that makes me look pretty bad. Time for another poll.

The Rev

or not lol
#175 Old 07-03-2005, 04:23 PM

Quote:

Yes you did, and an ego-maniac, and god knows what else. It's no mystery to me how you've felt about me, I DO stop by and read GB from time to time.

The Rev

Yeah you should come say hi more often darl, we're all teenage girls that want a piece over there!
#176 Old 07-03-2005, 04:29 PM

Quote:

The Rev

Oh yes you're right I do believe all those things. My remark was linking you're persistent denials and you're self addmission.
#177 Old 07-03-2005, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyKass View Post

Yeah you should come say hi more often darl, we're all teenage girls that want a piece over there!

That post wasn't directed at you, and I got your point several posts ago. You think I'm a pervert, and that I deserve your derision. Got it.

The Rev
#178 Old 07-03-2005, 05:09 PM

Quote:

Oh yes you're right I do believe all those things. My remark was linking you're persistent denials and you're self addmission.

I'm sure your intentions were completely innocent, and intended entirely for the informational purposes of the VB community.

The Rev
#179 Old 07-03-2005, 05:13 PM
Administrator

I think everyone's made their point and there's nothing good that can come out of continuing this. I'm going to close it.

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page