Responding to Posts - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-25-2005, 09:48 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm putting this in the heap because I'm sure a lot of people are going to disagree with me.

This is also not directed at anyone in particular and is in no way meant to be a personal attack on any member of VB.

Here we go:

I wish everybody would quit crying about how no one replied to something they posted in the Slut threads (or other threads too).

It doesn't mean you're an outcast. You simply wrote a post that nobody felt compelled to respond to. This has nothing to do with your popularity level.

Chances are: 1) You said something about a topic that has already been beaten to death and then beaten some more and anybody who's around for more than a month or two is tired of talking about it. or 2) It simply wasn't that interesting!

I've been here for over a year now and the one thing I've discovered is people get as much attention as they ask for.

If you want to be noticed be creative, original, controversial, or any combination of the three. Or, simply IM or PM the people that you find interesting and that you think you have something in common with.

If you feel left out, do something about it. Don't make it everybody else's responsibility to worry about YOUR comfort. We all have our own problems too.

Now, if people are outright mean and nasty to you, that's a different story and should definitely be dealt with. [/rant]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-25-2005, 09:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelsunrise View Post

If you want to be noticed be creative, original, controversial, or any combination of the three.

This would be why there hasn't been a person on VB in over two years that didn't know me
#3 Old 05-25-2005, 09:50 AM
Veggie Regular

Quit whining about other people crying about feeling like outcasts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-25-2005, 09:50 AM

Couldn't have said it better myself, roomette.
#5 Old 05-25-2005, 09:50 AM

This post didn't mention me once! I feel like such an outcast.

The Rev
#6 Old 05-25-2005, 09:52 AM
Veggie Regular

there are people who actually care about what happens in the Slut thread?
#7 Old 05-25-2005, 09:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganinohio View Post

there are people who actually care about what happens in the Slut thread?

Go in there and tell everyone that you think the thread is dumb and a waste of bandwidth.
#8 Old 05-25-2005, 09:54 AM
Veggie Regular

no one told me there was a slut thread
#9 Old 05-25-2005, 12:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshTart View Post

Go in there and tell everyone that you think the thread is dumb and a waste of bandwidth.

I'm not above stating the obvious, so here I go...
#10 Old 05-25-2005, 02:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Ugh. Slut thread.
#11 Old 05-25-2005, 02:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by epski View Post

Ugh. Slut thread.

*this space not for sale*
#12 Old 05-25-2005, 02:40 PM
Ex-*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelsunrise View Post

It doesn't mean you're an outcast. You simply wrote a post that nobody felt compelled to respond to. This has nothing to do with your popularity level.

Chances are: 1) You said something about a topic that has already been beaten to death and then beaten some more and anybody who's around for more than a month or two is tired of talking about it. or 2) It simply wasn't that interesting!

It could also be the case that what you said was just so incredibly clever and wise that everybody was just flabbergasted and utterly lost for words. At least, that's probably the case with some of the not-respnonded-to posts that I've made.

I no longer post here after VB was sold in 2012. (See my profile page for details.)
#13 Old 05-25-2005, 03:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Goodness....it seems like every time I log on lately there's a thread in the heap complaining about another aspect of what's annoying about VB. Maybe we can just have a 'what's annoying about VB' thread and then if you feel compelled you can post there.

Yes, sometimes people do ask for attention...it's okay to ask for attention. It's okay to say to 'the air' I wish someone had responded to a post I thought was really funny. It's okay to act like an expert about something you sort of know about. And it's okay to complain about it...I'd just like to get back to discussing more 'real' things.

And now I'M whining!

I just think all this talk about what other people are or aren't doing that's right/wrong or annoying is kind of annoying.

Anyhoo...

B
#14 Old 05-25-2005, 03:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vggiegirl View Post

no one told me there was a slut thread

Just be thankful I told you about the slut pm's. Which, by the way, you've never taken advantage of.

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#15 Old 05-25-2005, 04:14 PM
Veggie Regular

!!!
#16 Old 05-25-2005, 04:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethanie View Post

Goodness....it seems like every time I log on lately there's a thread in the heap complaining about another aspect of what's annoying about VB. Maybe we can just have a 'what's annoying about VB' thread and then if you feel compelled you can post there.

We're very intropspective here at VB...
#17 Old 05-25-2005, 04:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Yes, sometimes people do ask for attention...it's okay to ask for attention. It's okay to say to 'the air' I wish someone had responded to a post I thought was really funny. It's okay to act like an expert about something you sort of know about. And it's okay to complain about it...I'd just like to get back to discussing more 'real' things.

And now I'M whining!

I just think all this talk about what other people are or aren't doing that's right/wrong or annoying is kind of annoying.

Anyhoo...

B

Way to whine about people who whine about people whining! Not that I'm whining about it.
#18 Old 05-25-2005, 04:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Newstars, sometimes I absolutely love you. Can we get married? That is if I believed marriage was a successful undertaking, which I sometimes don't, sometimes do.

B
#19 Old 05-25-2005, 05:08 PM
Banned

You kids quit that fussin' or it will be nap time in a New York minute around here. Geez, Louise! Do you want supper on time or not? It is sooo hard to get anything cooked around here when I have to stop and break up a fuss every 5 minutes! I mean it! I feel a massive nap time coming on! 1............2..............3............

ETA: and you will be sleepin' single!!!
#20 Old 05-25-2005, 10:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Newstars, sometimes I absolutely love you. Can we get married? That is if I believed marriage was a successful undertaking, which I sometimes don't, sometimes do.

B

oh B, i'm speechless. I DO! I mean... YES! And if you don't believe in marriage, we could always prove our love to the world with our ever-lasting commitment to eachother without the marriage label. haha.

<<Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now by Starship plays in the background>>
#21 Old 05-25-2005, 10:11 PM
Banned

Bethanie, you're starting to scare me.
#22 Old 05-25-2005, 10:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshTart View Post

Bethanie, you're starting to scare me.

Ya, whatever. You're just jealous that me and bethanie are happily engaged. Nothing's gonna stop us! Not even you, FreshTart.
#23 Old 05-25-2005, 10:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by newstars View Post

Ya, whatever. You're just jealous that me and bethanie are happily engaged. Nothing's gonna stop us! Not even you, FreshTart.

Darth Tart will see about that.
#24 Old 05-25-2005, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newstars View Post

oh B, i'm speechless. I DO! I mean... YES! And if you don't believe in marriage, we could always prove our love to the world with our ever-lasting commitment to eachother without the marriage label. haha.

<<Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now by Starship plays in the background>>

<< sings "and if the world runs out of lovers, we'll still have each other". Ah..the 80s, lol.

oh, and...

B and newstars sitting in tree......

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#25 Old 05-25-2005, 11:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

<< sings "and if the world runs out of lovers, we'll still have each other". Ah..the 80s, lol.

oh, and...

Someone's getting her sweet revenge
#26 Old 05-26-2005, 12:05 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

oh, and...

touche my friend... tooooooooooouche.
#27 Old 05-26-2005, 01:22 AM
Banned

I approve, not that that matters in the least.
#28 Old 05-26-2005, 01:25 AM

If no one replies to my post I dont care. As long as I've said what I want.. and hopefully they read it.

Unless im like "OMG WORLDS MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION EVER SOMEONE ANSWER ME NOW PLEASE" and then there were 10 posts not answering me.. i might be like"OMG THEY ALL HATE ME*CRIES*."

Ok no I wouldnt.

I forgot my point
#29 Old 05-26-2005, 01:46 AM
Veggie Regular

DannyKass
#30 Old 05-26-2005, 01:56 AM
Veggie Regular

If someone thinks they're the only person getting ignored, check out the "Unanswered Threads" button in the Quick Links menu. There are hundreds of threads that don't recieve a response for whatever reason... and most of them are by Michael

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page