To shave or not to shave? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-04-2005, 08:28 PM
Veggie Regular

So I noticed a discussion on what body hair women should shave going on in the men's forum, and I thought it would be interesting to get both male and female perspectives on it. I mean, how necessary does everyone feel it is? How much time/money/effort are you willing to put into it? What absolutely HAS to be shaved? Just curious.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-04-2005, 08:34 PM

I like to shave my pubic region and I love when gal does as well. I do not mind a nicely trimmed gal, either (-aka- "landing strip"). All out hair wildly growing around that area is a turnoff. Especially since I like oral sex. I do not want hairs getting in my mouth inhibiting my performance.
#3 Old 02-04-2005, 08:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Shaving is a pain in the butt, and I wish our society never got into it and we all thought hair was beautiful and felt normal.

However, I have become so sensitive, and I hate stubble to the point where I have to shave my legs every time I take a shower. While I'm at it, I also shave my armpits and bikini-zone.

My husband doesn't shave anything (except his face and neck) and I like it that way. I'm glad I don't have to feel any prickles during sex.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-04-2005, 08:55 PM

Prickles? You don't get prickles unless you miss shaving for a few days.
#5 Old 02-04-2005, 08:59 PM
Veggie Regular

I shave my legs and my pits because I like it. I don't grow much body hair... countable number of hairs under my arms, and light hair. When I shave, no trace of ever having hair remains. Similarly, I don't grow a whole lot in the pube department, but I keep it neatly trimmed up at least.

I don't like guys who look like they're wearing a sweater after they take their shirt off if ya know what I mean. I don't like mustaches. I don't mind neat goatees, but when they grow long they just look like pubes. I can't tolerate stubble on a guy I'm dating because kissing a stubbley guy makes my face all red and raw. (sensitive skin!)

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#6 Old 02-04-2005, 09:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalafelsRule View Post

Prickles? You don't get prickles unless you miss shaving for a few days.

That depends on the person. Some people have course hair that grows back very quickly. I am one of those people. I get prickles within a day of shaving. If you are one of the lucky ones who can stay smooth for a couple days, thank your lucky stars!
#7 Old 02-04-2005, 09:10 PM
Veggie Regular

I shave my facial hair. It irritates me having hair up there. And I've shaved other areas of my body. Armpits, pubic hair, legs. I last shaved my legs about a year ago, and i did it out of boredom.

My view is shave if you, want, if you don't, then don't. I wouldn't be put off by a woman who didn't shave her armpits or legs. To me, it would be a plus, because it's a nice indicator that they're not ones who feel they have to do whatever they're supposed to do. I don't find pit hair on women unattractive. I see i and think "thank f*ck they're happy with their bodies the way they are!" I hate the way our society has objectified the human body, and all that seems to matter how big your **** or tits are.

if a woman didn't shave at all, then I'd be in heaven. I like the au naturelé look. I can understand the whole problem with kissing guys with stubble. It ain't too nice! So I can sympathise, rabid child!

Hair is beautiful and normal. I don't like it on my face becaus it gets in the way, but on my legs, pubic area or armpits, I can put up with it, and only shave it if i've got nothing better to do. And the way in which women go to great lengths to get rid of hair pains me - It's perfectly natural, and to me, I am perfectly happy with a woman who has hair in all areas, and seein ga woman with armpit hair is more attractive in my books - It shows that she is her own person and is happy to rebel against a stupid culture which says "Shave that hair off or you'll be ugly."

So the lesson is: don't shave anywhere but your face, and you'll get brownie points!
#8 Old 02-04-2005, 09:22 PM
Veggie Regular

umm..lots of areas. However, if I ever get the money, laser removal sounds good to me.
#9 Old 02-04-2005, 09:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Is this the place to mention I kinda like it when a woman's legs are prickly?

Places I shave:

Cheeks (I have a Van Dyke)

A girlfriend tried shaving my chest once, got about half way and left it. "Too much work", she said. I am still suspicious that my hair kinda parts at her stopping point.
#10 Old 02-04-2005, 09:57 PM
Veggie Regular

I've gone every way, from no shaving of anything to shaving everything. I was raised in a household where shaving was considered to be a faux pas, so I haven't had that kind of "this is beautiful, that is ugly" mentality ingrained ito my subconscious. I never thought about how other people may feel about my pubic hair until now, and I have to say I'm now kind of frightened that someone may have secretly said "eeew" during one of my hairier points in life.

It seems like all my friends maintain the little "landing strip" now. I hate the way that looks though, like some sort of sideways mustache down there. It seems like guys tend to prefer the hairless look, though. As a friend of mine put it, they like to "see what their eating."
#11 Old 02-05-2005, 02:38 AM
Veggie Regular

I do my own trimming and maintenance. I think anyone who is in a relationship needs to understand and respect their partner, and for me....being a wooly wildman isn't an option. I'm not saying that I scrape the face 24/7, and I probably never will. Genetics suck sometimes. I can't do much to change them, but I can be personally responsible and keep myself the way that I'd want a partner's body to be. And that is clean, not too hairy/shaggy, and smelling good. I don't have a problem with girls having some hair, as they are mammals, the same as I am. I prefer the underarms to be shaved or trimmed on a girl, but that's just a personal preference. If a girl doesn't have thick leg hair, I wouldn't care if she didn't shave it when she didn't want to.

Honestly, being a former barber..and being trained to notice a person's head hair....

A crappy haircut or bad hair is more likely to be a turnoff to me than the mere fact of a girl being a mammal. I like grooming, but I realize that each person is their own being with their own preferences. When I meet a girl, it's a package deal. She is who she is, and if I like her or care about her.......it doesn't matter to be honest. So long as she's clean, genuine, and herself. That's what matters to me.

Each of us is individual, and I think we all have our positive qualities. There is somebody, somewhere who is ready and waiting to appreciate every single one of us.
#12 Old 02-05-2005, 09:30 AM
Veggie Regular

I shave the area surrounding my lips twice a day. I shave my neck twice a day. Otherwise, I just trim my sideburns and my goatee occassionally.

For swim meets I occasionally shave my entire body (except face and head). But that is becoming more and more rare for me.

My wife, on the otherhand, hasn't been near a razor in years. And I like it.
#13 Old 02-05-2005, 10:27 AM
Veggie Regular

I suppose the only place that hair bothers me on a woman is dark hair on the arms. That's definitely not a showstopper though....
#14 Old 02-05-2005, 10:30 AM
Veggie Regular

I shave my legs and armpits when they get too prickly for me.

I don't personally care for the landing strip look. I'm a woman, I have some hair, has always been my pov.

B
#15 Old 02-05-2005, 10:45 AM
Veggie Regular

I shave because I've been brainwashed into liking the look of it sadly.. it's also just more convenient but mostly it's for looks. I have the stubble issue like Colorful and she's right, be grateful if you don't have that problem totally agree with your post. I just shave legs and underarms. I am thankful I don't have excessive arm hair because I would probably have to wax that if I did.. I just don't like the hairy look and yes it's probably because I let society mold my brain to think that way... which sucks but not a huge deal compared to the other stuff going on in the world.
#16 Old 02-05-2005, 11:12 AM
Veggie Regular

I shave everything.I like my men to shave or trim thier private area's and face-so some degree.A waxed chest is a fun treat.(for a man)

Whatever makes you feel pretty!!!
#17 Old 02-05-2005, 11:18 AM
Banned

I shave a part of my face and that's it. I've learned that my beautiful natural hair elsewhere on my body has a will to grow, and that removing it is likely to result in an extended period of grumpy discomfort. Partners who expect me to shave below my neck are politely told to go elsewhere.
#18 Old 02-05-2005, 12:29 PM
Veggie Regular

whatever floats you boat works, really.

Hair can get in the way of oral action, to an extent, but really, it's a small price to pay. It's really my place to tell my partner to put herself in itchy discomfort for this reason either.

ebola

np: candiria
#19 Old 02-05-2005, 12:33 PM
Veggie Regular

hmmm...I've heard several mention that hair can get in the way of oral sex...I keep myself fairly natural in that region and my husband doesn't shave at ALL...and neither of us have any qualms about it. Once I went completely bare down there just for fun, and all I ended up with was a lot of itching and scratching. Although my husband was fascinated with it for about a minute, he said he likes me better the natural way. He told me he likes to feel like he is having sex with a woman, not a 12-year-old girl.
#20 Old 02-05-2005, 12:45 PM
Beginner

Me:

Part of face - Everyday or every other day.

Armpits - Once in two weeks or so.

Pubic area and below - Once a month or sometimes more often.

On the woman:

I don't mind a little here and there (I can understand it takes too much time to shave everywhere everyday!). I do her shaving too, sometimes It's all good, really! Well, maybe not excessive hair underarms, and elsewhere.
#21 Old 02-05-2005, 01:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki View Post

I like the au naturelé look.

It's 'au naturel'.

I sometimes feel compelled to correct misspelled French expressions...

I'm sorry, I'm turning into such a pedantic

That being said- if anybody feel the need to correct my orthography, by all means, feel free to do so. I know my grammar isn't the best
#22 Old 02-05-2005, 04:04 PM
Veggie Regular

I can't spell things written in a foreign language! I can spell stuff in my own langauge!

But I definitely do go for the au naturel look. It is the best way that one can look. - As they're supposed to.
#23 Old 02-05-2005, 05:13 PM
Veggie Regular

#24 Old 02-05-2005, 06:33 PM
Veggie Regular

i don't really care either way. i think i've shaved my armpits and legs maybe once or twice in the course of the last year, just on a whim. usually, i'm just too lazy and it doesn't matter enough to make me not be lazy
#25 Old 02-06-2005, 04:46 AM
Veggie Regular

I shave my pits in the summertime but usually can't be bothered much in the winter on the maintenance. My legs go furry in the winter. They get shaved when I wear a skirt for work. And the bikini line gets shaved when I know I'm putting on a swimsuit. Which is about once a year. So I basically can't be bothered much. As bethanie said. I'm a grown woman. Deal with it.

I don't care what other women do/don't shave. And as for men, I prefer that they don't shave anything at all. Even wooly backs. A hairy back is WAY better than one with stubble *ick*. As for the face, as long as it's well kept, I don't care if it's fully shaved or a full beard.

But I have *never* heard of pubic hair inhibiting the ability to perform oral sex... must be a psychological thing.
#26 Old 02-06-2005, 04:58 AM
Veggie Regular

I shave and wax everything. I have really dark body hair and I can't stand it. My mom used to bother me all the time about how fat and hairy I was when I was little so now I'm very pre-occupied with being hairless . I spend 15 dollars on brazillian wax every month, then 5 dollars for razors, and 10 dollars on hot wax.
#27 Old 02-06-2005, 10:19 AM

Thankfully I've never been one to grow tons of hair, except for on the top of my head. So all I really need to shave is my face.
#28 Old 02-06-2005, 10:25 AM
Jes
Veggie Regular

I shave underarms and nether regions pretty regularly. My legs are neglected during the winter.

My sweetie recently waxed his chest. V. sexy.
#29 Old 02-06-2005, 11:24 AM

I don't shave anything, just trim the beard+ for me there's nothing I find sexier than a totally au naturale woman-hairy legs, pits + bush-it's pure sensual heaven;visually a turn on + I love to stroke + caress the hairs. Just not easy to find that many natural hairies these days!
#30 Old 02-06-2005, 11:57 AM
Banned

Ok, this is not going to make me very well liked but...

Shaved pubic mounds look stupid.

Just a matter of personal taste, I know.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page