To shave or not to shave? - Page 3 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#61 Old 02-08-2005, 02:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethanie View Post

I shave my legs and armpits when they get too prickly for me.

I don't personally care for the landing strip look. I'm a woman, I have some hair, has always been my pov.

Ditto. I like to keep my eyebrows neat so I wax/pluck accordingly. I don't have any facial or dark arm hair so that was never an issue.

As for men, I don't care either way...shave smooth, grow a beard, whatever, but there is a certain amount of upkeep that you need to do to stick with the look you're looking for. Face it...no one is going to see my pubes, but if you let your beard go to the point of looking like pubes, well then ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 02-08-2005, 05:01 PM
Veggie Regular

I shave my face daily and wax my chest every two weeks.

Shaven pits feel much cleaner to me and I prefer smooth legs. The pits get it every other time I shower and my legs get shaved about once a week. I regularly trim my nether regions.

Only three things would really bother me in this area: 1) Shaved pubes of any gender. Too close to pedophilia. Yikes. 2) Messy beards. 3) Dudes who have so much hair you can't tell where the beard ends and chest hair begins.
#63 Old 02-08-2005, 05:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummusisyummus View Post

I shave my face daily and wax my chest every two weeks.

Shaven pits feel much cleaner to me and I prefer smooth legs. The pits get it every other time I shower and my legs get shaved about once a week. I regularly trim my nether regions.

Only three things would really bother me in this area: 1) Shaved pubes of any gender. Too close to pedophilia. Yikes. 2) Messy beards. 3) Dudes who have so much hair you can't tell where the beard ends and chest hair begins.

I always referred to that as a "hair collar"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#64 Old 02-09-2005, 02:24 PM

I don't really like anything shaved.On either of us.DW shaves her legs,and pits to be able to dress appropriately for a professional career.

My only problem is my upper lip hair gets in my mouth,so I have to trim that,and now that I'm getting grey,My face looks better trimmed short,but I hate shaving so I do what I can with scissors.I think I would rather not have facial hair,but I got it anyway.I wonder if that's some sort of unconcious connection the the Indian (N.A.) In my ancestry.
#65 Old 02-09-2005, 04:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah, that professional-career thing is a doozie. I would definitely make different hair-decisions if I had a different line of work. I used to sing on cruise ships and the constant grooming and evening gowns just exhausted me....in between contracts I would let everything grow out all shaggy. But you don't find too many limited-edition black-and-white photographs of a hairy-armpitted Billie Holiday, for example. Maybe Tony Bennett...
#66 Old 02-09-2005, 10:08 PM

I greatly appreciate that my wife shaves her legs, pits and genitals. About three years ago I started shaving my genitals for no reason other than I was curious and wondered what it felt like. I haven't looked back since. Sure I was a little self conscious at first but it feels much better during sex and clean up is a lot easier. Oral frequency has increased and that's a nice bonus. People talk about rash and itchiness but I've never really experienced that much if at all. I shave the boys two to four times a week and my face every day when I'm not wearing a close cropped goatee which hasn't been for a year or two.
#67 Old 02-10-2005, 02:19 PM

Many years ago prostitutes would shave to rid themselves of body lice,the look got associated with sexiness,and it became a risque style.It eventually faded into normal.

Short hair was often required for battle,so a lot of mens haircuts were started to keep some enemy from being able to grab you by the hair.That and the lice.
#68 Old 02-10-2005, 02:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Every time topics like this appear... I always start to wonder what all people do shave normally....
#69 Old 02-10-2005, 05:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfoster23 View Post

Many years ago prostitutes would shave to rid themselves of body lice,the look got associated with sexiness,and it became a risque style.It eventually faded into normal.

This will haunt me for awhile
#70 Old 02-10-2005, 05:51 PM
Veggie Regular

This is interesting.... all the adverts are for shaving, and appears to be for men. Do men shave more than women or something now? Or is it just the way the adverts line up...
#71 Old 02-17-2005, 01:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegKitten84 View Post

I shave and wax everything. I have really dark body hair and I can't stand it. My mom used to bother me all the time about how fat and hairy I was when I was little so now I'm very pre-occupied with being hairless . I spend 15 dollars on brazillian wax every month, then 5 dollars for razors, and 10 dollars on hot wax.

Where do you get a brazilian wax for $15???
#72 Old 02-18-2005, 04:57 AM
Veggie Regular

Shave my legs every now and then.

Shave my armpits once a week.

I'm not really into the shaving thing very much.

A lot of other girls I know think this is quite strange but I really don't see the need usually.
#73 Old 02-18-2005, 03:51 PM
Veggie Regular

I like my men fuzzy. Something to play with and snuggle up to. Not to mention it can feel very ..erm.."primal"?

Me personally, I shave my pits and groom my hoohoo. I dont bother with the legs becuase I dont get enough there...plus if I DO shave and don't upkeep they get the prickle thing which bugs me muchly.

I wish I didn't have to shave period...I wish our own natural bodies could be seen as sexy and beautiful as they are...However! I acknowledge the fact that in every society there are silly things we all conform to, and if I went around with hairy pits and such becuase of how we all were raised, I don't know if I would be comfortable with me, not to mention if whoever Im with would still be attracted to me. You might say "Hey..if they don't love you enough to stay with you hairy armpits and all...screw 'em" ...but then..someone earlier said something about respect for your partner and stuff.

Then, on the other hand, whats wrong with shaving/conforming? We all typically conform in some ways with our hair styles, clothing, etc. Its our culture. Every culture does stuff like this. Maybe when in Rome, don't grow a bush?

Now...conforming to something thats damaging,..unhealthy (Ie...genital mutilation) I'd say thats different.

Oh my, this could be a huge long conversation.
#74 Old 02-18-2005, 04:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Depends on how lazy I'm being.

I'm pretty regular about shaving my 'pits, and I tend to keep my girly bits trimmed pretty short. Kind of a buzz cut, I guess, LOL. Sometimes I shave the girly bits, or let my husband do it, 'cause he really likes how it looks & feels.

I'm lazier about my legs. I don't care & the husband doesn't care, so I tend to let it get pretty fuzzy during the winter and just shave when it's summer and I'm swimming. And even then it's mostly for me...I really like how the water feels on freshly-shaven legs. Plus it seems easier to rub sunblock onto hairless skin, and I am really anal about sunblock. I am often tempted to shave my arms for that reason in the summer too, but so far I haven't.

On males, I like goatees but am not as fond of moustaches. That's just a preference though, not a requirement. If they feel like neatening up the downstairs rec-room a bit of a trim is nice, but shaved manly bits don't do a thing for me.

Smooth chests are sexy, but so are hairy chests. I'm either-or on most male hairyness. I kinda like a grrrr hairy man, but a smooth body is fun to play with too.
#75 Old 03-16-2006, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumble View Post

I shave everything.I like my men to shave or trim thier private area's and face-so some degree.A waxed chest is a fun treat.(for a man)

Whatever makes you feel pretty!!!

I workout 4-days a week, tan and am basically in really good physical shape for 40. My girl loves the fact that I shave everthing down to about mid thigh. Meaning I am smooth everywhere.

You are correct, it does make you feel sexier inside cause sexiness is an attitude. You must first feel it to project it.
#76 Old 03-16-2006, 12:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeps2453 View Post

My girl loves the fact that I shave everthing down to about mid thigh. Meaning I am smooth everywhere.

A lot of guys would look very weird if they did that.
#77 Old 03-17-2006, 01:27 PM

I only shave my face, but I'd be quite happy to shave my pubic and armpit hair (any length, shape or style) if a girl asked me to. Not sure if I'd shave my legs though.

I prefer less hair on girls. Girls with armpit hair freak me out a bit I'm afraid, but I can put up with a lot of pubic hair. Less pubes are better though as it provides easier access during oral sex! And, without trying to sound too pervy , I like the look and it's a shame to hide a pussy (can I say that without being banned?) behind all that hair.

I had to grow a tache for one month for Tacheback 2005. It was the worse thing I've ever had to do (apart from the money raised for charidee of course)

http://www.icr.ac.uk/everyman/tacheback/index.php
#78 Old 03-17-2006, 02:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLRodgers View Post

Hair should be neatly trimmed or removed - for both genders.

Some people's hair grows to be 4-6 inches on their body! That's just way too much hair.... especially if you're trying to get to the skin for some reason.

Thank you for your fascist beauty standard.

Why not let people express themselves the way they want? This includes with their body hair.
#79 Old 03-17-2006, 03:02 PM
Veggie Regular

People can do whatever they want, just not my preference. And I actually believe that if a person makes a comment, it is their belief on something and shouldn't have to be be prefixed with "I believe that..." to avoid "confusion"
#80 Old 03-17-2006, 03:34 PM
Veggie Regular

how did a shaving thread end up in the heap?
#81 Old 03-17-2006, 04:22 PM
Veggie Regular

I was actually wondering the same thing! I mean... maybe it's a bit controversial or something... but even if a guy wanted to shave off all his hair from everywhere (even between the butt), I didn't think it'd get into that heated of a conversation

(in life, probably, but that's about it, doubtful here)
#82 Old 03-17-2006, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLRodgers View Post

(even between the butt)

Now if I could get electrolysis on just one part of my body then it would be the hair in my arse crack. What a stupid place to have hair. It's grotesque!
#83 Old 03-17-2006, 05:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by caldini View Post

Now if I could get electrolysis on just one part of my body then it would be the hair in my arse crack. What a stupid place to have hair. It's grotesque!

There is an evolutionary advantage to have hair near the orifices of the body. Think about where most hair congregates.
#84 Old 03-18-2006, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdufstuff View Post

There is an evolutionary advantage to have hair near the orifices of the body.

What evolutionary advantage is that?
#85 Old 03-18-2006, 10:58 AM
Veggie Regular

it protects you from foreign air particles entering the body; same as eye lashes and brows protect the eyes.
#86 Old 03-18-2006, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satya View Post

it protects you from foreign air particles entering the body; same as eye lashes and brows protect the eyes.

Agreed. But, given that I now rely on such technological innovations such as underpants and soap, I'm afraid I still stand by my original feelings - arse hair is not neccessary and not nice!
#87 Old 03-18-2006, 01:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by caldini View Post

Agreed. But, given that I now rely on such technological innovations such as underpants and soap, I'm afraid I still stand by my original feelings - arse hair is not neccessary and not nice!

Technology moves at a much faster pace than biological evolution. Plus, right now there is no evolutionary disadvantage (as far as I can tell, it really is almost impossible to tell except in hindsight) to have hair near the arse. So I don't see the human species evolving away from that any time soon.

I do agree it can be a pain in the..... errr..... arse, sometimes though.

ETA: It sounds like you have some space age underpants!
#88 Old 03-18-2006, 02:08 PM

i don't shave my pits or legs, but keep the privates neat; i agree with the poster who said a mouthful of hair is a turn-off.
#89 Old 03-18-2006, 08:24 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdufstuff View Post

Technology moves at a much faster pace than biological evolution. Plus, right now there is no evolutionary disadvantage (as far as I can tell, it really is almost impossible to tell except in hindsight) to have hair near the arse. So I don't see the human species evolving away from that any time soon.

If there were some evolutionary advantage to ass hair, I'm wondering how/why women generally are hairless in that area. ?
#90 Old 03-18-2006, 08:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenM View Post

If there were some evolutionary advantage to ass hair, I'm wondering how/why women generally are hairless in that area. ?

I'm guessing at some point the advantage wasn't as useful as it once was. Maybe the protohumans learned how to bath in water, beats me.

All hair has an evolutionary advantage: it keeps animals warm, it makes them appear larger than they are, etc. But most humans are realtively hairless compared to other apes. This doesn't mean that the evolutionary advantage never existed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page