Sex Change surgery - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

#31 Old 02-01-2005, 07:27 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat View Post

I think you're wrong, as I've already said I know a fair few transexuals.

I read an article a few years ago about "intersexed" people that supported what soilman had to say.

There are a certain number of babies born as hermphrodites, or improperly formed sex organs. The doctors will usually perform surgery to make the kid one thing or another. Some study looked these people up and many of them are not well adjusted. Many are transexuals. Transexuals I have met and heard seem to feel they are the result of a biological mix up between their genese and their secondary sex characteristics so this would make sense.

According to the article I read the doctors would usually decide the sex of an intersexed baby by whatever is the least work surgically rather then making the gentialia match the genetic sex

My Blog: beforewisdom.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 02-01-2005, 07:36 AM
kat
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by beforewisdom View Post

I read an article a few years ago about "intersexed" people that supported what soilman had to say.

There are a certain number of babies born as hermphrodites, or improperly formed sex organs. The doctors will usually perform surgery to make the kid one thing or another. Some study looked these people up and many of them are not well adjusted. Many are transexuals. Transexuals I have met and heard seem to feel they are the result of a biological mix up between their genese and their secondary sex characteristics so this would make sense.

According to the article I read the doctors would usually decide the sex of an intersexed baby by whatever is the least work surgically rather then making the gentialia match the genetic sex

Thats more or less what I said in my second paragraph. But as far as I know, there was no inital doubt in the cases of the ones I know, they just felt like something wasnt right as they grew up. Because of society they started families, got married and did what was normal for their sex.
#33 Old 02-01-2005, 08:18 AM
Banned

kat "you wouldn't make that convincing a woman."

You are absolutely wrong there. I have had several expert cross dressers tell me they thought I would be a good canvas for shaving, makeup, hair and clothing and that I could easily learn the gestural components.

I already have little facial hair and have low body hair. My musculature is not distincly male-looking. I even have a bit of gynomastia. I would be perfect as a cross-dresser. The only difficulty is my 5'11" height.

The hardest part would be learning to put statements in the form of a question, and dropping my tendency to put opinions in the form of a statement.
#34 Old 02-01-2005, 08:29 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by soilman View Post

The hardest part would be learning to put statements in the form of a question, and dropping my tendency to put opinions in the form of a statement.

Wow. That's a really condescending and sexist statement.
#35 Old 02-01-2005, 08:37 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rincaro View Post

Wow. That's a really condescending and sexist statement.

Not surprising
#36 Old 02-01-2005, 10:00 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I must really be a man then.

Seriously, two things to considers:

1. Removing the tip of the penis removes the most sensitive nerve endings.

2. Incontinence is often a side effect of doing the procedure in animals. (they are done for medical purposes: tumors, blockages, etc.)
#37 Old 02-01-2005, 10:20 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurmudgeon View Post

Are you considering performing this surgery yourself, soilman?

I can perform the surgery if necessary.
#38 Old 02-01-2005, 11:20 AM
Veggie Regular

>>I think most people that people call "transexuals" are really people who have a degree of ambiguous development, have been "assigned" a sex, in infancy, by doctors and their parents, and then, as adults, decided that the sex they were assigned was an erroneous assignment, and was, in fact, more ascriptive than descriptive -- so they decided to switch.>>

er...I don't think there is currently sufficient data to conclude that the majority of transexuals are intersexed.

>>There are a certain number of babies born as hermphrodites, or improperly formed sex organs.>>

I wouldn't go so far as to say that intersexed individuals are physiologically pathological. Rather, intersexuality points to the failure of binary sex and gender categorization to capture continuous and natural biological variation.

ebola

np: isis
#39 Old 02-01-2005, 11:25 AM
Banned

I suspect that Soilman is pulling our pud, when he should be pulling his own
#40 Old 02-01-2005, 11:28 AM
Veggie Regular

If you're serious, my opinion is . . . if you've been thinking about it for a long time and seriously thinking about it, you feel uncomfortable as a male, you think you'd be happier as a female - than go for a consultation. It's your life and life is too short to be unhappy and have any regrets.
#41 Old 02-01-2005, 11:30 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Head View Post

*joins*

*joins too*
#42 Old 02-01-2005, 11:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkjobsluder View Post

I sometimes think that about most of his threads.
#43 Old 02-01-2005, 11:46 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rincaro View Post

I sometimes think that about most of his threads.

lol...I at least hope that about most of his threads
#44 Old 02-01-2005, 12:14 PM

Soilman, think about it. I know you're lonely, but you don't want to actually do this. Would you like to know why?

If you lose your penis, you'll never be able to ejaculate without touching yourself, like you can right now. Do you really want to lose that ability?
#45 Old 02-01-2005, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkjobsluder View Post

#46 Old 02-01-2005, 01:01 PM
Banned

" Removing the tip of the penis removes the most sensitive nerve endings."

I believe the procedure, correctly done, involves salvaging large parts of the external skin of the penis, and using it somehow.

Nervertheless, it isn't really sex per se that I am interested in. I want love, and cuddling, with lesbians. Lesbians are unlikely to love and cuddle with, men.
#47 Old 02-01-2005, 02:44 PM
Veggie Regular

*is confused*

Hasn't anyone posted that just because two people are in a room (whether it be ff, fm, mm), doesn't mean that they'll just cuddle or have sex, just because of that? There's so many dynamics to love and cuddling and such that goes beyond gender... friends themselves will lay next to each other, even though not meant in a sexual way... lesbians will lay next to a male friend... but regardless of the gender, it's not a sex/love fest just because they're attracted to that gender.
#48 Old 02-01-2005, 05:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Nervertheless, it isn't really sex per se that I am interested in. I want love, and cuddling, with lesbians. Lesbians are unlikely to love and cuddle with, men.

That's why their lesbians.

Find yourself a nice woman, jeeze.
#49 Old 02-01-2005, 05:44 PM

Dont you have a girlfriend anyway.
#50 Old 02-01-2005, 06:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

So, in other words, with a maleoid to female transexual -- most NOBODY is open to having sex with you?

Honestly, that would be my guess. Sorry if I'm raining on your pride parade. If I'm wrong I hope someone will correct me.

Lesbians, of all people, are going to be able to tell that you don't have real female genitals. Most lesbians probably only want relations with other women, hence the 'homo' in homosexual.
#51 Old 02-01-2005, 06:49 PM
Banned

Peebs: "Lesbians, of all people, are going to be able to tell that you don't have real female genitals."

Really? I don't know for sure, but I tended to think that modern surgical techniques were capable of coming up with some very realistic results. Certainly one of my prosthetic teeth is so realistic, that I've had dentists who erroneously assumed it was a real tooth! Doctors can never tell the difference just by looking in my mouth.

Even if she saw your x-rays, you could say you had a hysterectomy. But without x-rays -- I don't know.

It isn't like they just lop your penis off. They salvage your scrotum and use it to construct outer lips; they make inner lips. My understanding is that they make a clitoris and a clitoral hood, a lubricated vagina, and even shape the inside so it feels like there is a cervix -- something that they don't even automatically do if you have a hysterectomy, where sometimes they remove the cervix, and you can feel inside the vagina that it is missing.

I suppose that if you were examined with a speculum you could see that the cervix is a cosmetic cervix and not a real cervix. But how often do lesbians examine each other's vaginas with a speculum. Hmmm... maybe I should rethink this? I know if I said to the average woman who might get into bed with me, "honey, can I examine your vagina with our new speculum" I wouldn't get too many replies of "of course, get it out, and make sure you mail in the warrantee card." But even tho women aren't keen for speculum exams by their male sex partners -- maybe lesbians are pro-speculation by their female partners?

Seriously, I thought they did a surprisingly realistic job these days. Am I wrong?
#52 Old 02-01-2005, 06:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Well, I could be wrong. I'm going to leave it there because researching this further might scar me for life.
#53 Old 02-01-2005, 07:00 PM
Banned

I found some photos of male to female results. If you are over 17 and email me I'll give you the address. You can decide for yourself how realistic are the results of modern plastic and cosmetic surgery for sexual reassignment.
#54 Old 02-01-2005, 07:06 PM
Banned

I think the vulvas look almost normal, but once you spread the inner lips and look inside, something doesn't look quite right. Too bad I don't have that virtual realty stuff where I can tell what they feel like.
#55 Old 02-01-2005, 07:10 PM
Banned

some interesting facts from the web site i mentioned above

Quote:
transsexual surgeries were well known by the time of ancient Greece and especially in sexually-permissive ancient Rome, and were often traditionalized in various "religious rituals" that provided the resulting "women" with a place in society.

#56 Old 02-01-2005, 07:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I found some photos of male to female results. If you are over 17 and email me I'll give you the address. You can decide for yourself how realistic are the results of modern plastic and cosmetic surgery for sexual reassignment.

The only worse than reading about penises and scrotums being hollowed out, cut up and formed into labia and various other things would be seeing it. So, no thanks. Do not send me such pictures.
#57 Old 02-01-2005, 07:27 PM
Banned

"The only worse than reading about penises and scrotums being hollowed out, cut up and... Don't send me such pictures."

I was talking about photos of the fully-healed results -- labia, and hooded clitoris. And not sending photos, but simply sending the address of a web site having such photos.

But photos of the actual operation are avail too. Unfortunately, they are not very high-quality photos.
#58 Old 02-01-2005, 07:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Please do not send me anything, ever.

How's that?
#59 Old 02-01-2005, 07:54 PM
Banned

As many of you know, I am not anxious to have surgery any time soon, even if I had intense cross-gender feelings. Personally, I generally just don't like to resort to surgery, unless it can't be avoided. Even if I were convinced I was a woman in a man's body, i would probably feel that living with that situation wouldn't be so terrible, that changing it would not be worth the risks of anesthetics and surgery, and would not be worth the pain and period of disability resulting from surgery.

In fact, as many of you know, I waited to have hernia surgery until it was apparent that if I didn't, I would hardly be able to walk anywhere, and would be in pain most of the time even when seated.

Yes, generally, in the US, doctors will not do sexual reassinment surgery for any other reason than you have feelings of being internally the other sex, even tho you are externally the sex you are. However in parts of asia, you can have sex reassignment surgery, and good quality surgery too, without the same psychological workup required in the US

There are many homosexual woman whom I find extremely attractive, and would, figuratively speaking "die" to be with. But to actually have surgery in order to be with one -- even if it were guaranteed -- I would't do it. It is good to think about. Interesting to think about. But I'm just not real enthusiastic about having conceivably beneficial, but not absolutely necessary, surgery.

I might add I don't have any particular feelings of being one sex or another. I don't view myself as male or female. I'm just me. And I find women sexually attractive.

I don't feel like I'm a female in a male body. Nor do I feel like I'm a male in a male body. Nor do I feel like I am "androgynous." I'm just "me." I don't think about who or what I am. That is just too much to worry about. No need to bother myself with such things. I think about what I like.

But if I can't have what I like, I'll find someone else. It is no big deal.
#60 Old 02-01-2005, 08:18 PM
Banned

Quote:

What forms of ID do you accept from us to prove our age?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page