VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   The Compost Heap (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/17-compost-heap/)
-   -   Trump gets Republican nomination (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/17-compost-heap/208369-trump-gets-republican-nomination.html)

LedBoots 06-10-2016 09:21 PM

Once Bush, Sr vomited right on the Japanese Prime Minister. Talk about a breach of protocol!

Joan Kennedy 06-10-2016 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nr32 (Post 3983089)
Lol. I couldn't help but facepalm.

Mustafa Alani, a security analyst at the Gulf Research Center, said that the Saudi decision not to send high-level delegation to the president was unusual and intended to send a clear message that they had little faith in him.

The guest blogger on American Thinker? That Mustafa Alani? I'd sooner take my talking points from Rush Limbaugh.

nr32 06-10-2016 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan Kennedy (Post 3983153)
The guest blogger on American Thinker? That Mustafa Alani? I'd sooner take my talking points from Rush Limbaugh.

http://www.grc.net/index.php?&PK_ID=...=Mustafa+Alani

But what does he know right? /sarcasm

Regardless, it shouldn't take some Senior Advisor and Program Director in Security and Terrorism Studies at the Gulf Research Center to know when you've been insulted.

Beautiful Joe 06-11-2016 09:55 AM

Are you aware that the "governor" is a member of the Saudi royal family, or are you just choosing to not mention that?

Beautiful Joe 06-11-2016 09:59 AM

Here's an in-depth look at Trump's casino businesses in Atlantic City, how he bankrupted them repeatedly while pulling massive amounts out for himself, and how he drove many small businesses out of business in the process, and at the same time helped drive Atlantic City to economic collapse.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/12/ny...ntic-city.html

Unsurprisingly, he's using the same language today about what he's going to do "for" the country.

Joan Kennedy 06-11-2016 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nr32 (Post 3983177)
http://www.grc.net/index.php?&PK_ID=...=Mustafa+Alani

But what does he know right? /sarcasm

Regardless, it shouldn't take some Senior Advisor and Program Director in Security and Terrorism Studies at the Gulf Research Center to know when you've been insulted.

Mustafa Alani might have expertise within his own job, but he’s out of his lane here. A Security analyst from Iraq is free to opine about nuances of insult within official Saudi Protocol, just as you are and I am. But he holds the legitimacy of any other random blogger, especially while writing so floridly and so far outside his knowledge area. Like when an obstetrician/politician like Ron Paul puts on his Economist hat to shill for Precious Metals dealers. On a website like American Thinker, Alani doesn’t have to be accurate or accountable, or trustworthy. All he has to do is demonstrate hostility for the current Administration, and he’s in the club.

nr32 06-11-2016 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan Kennedy (Post 3983353)
Mustafa Alani might have expertise within his own job, but he’s out of his lane here. A Security analyst from Iraq is free to opine about nuances of insult within official Saudi Protocol, just as you are and I am.

I come eagerly looking forward to a response, and this is what I get? Joan, I expected more from you. This is just pathetic.

A man who has a Ph.D. in Politics and an M.A. in International Relations and spends his days studying political and security developments in the Middle East from the Geneva-based Gulf Research Center most certainly has weight in his opinion -- much more than you do, unless you feel better qualified to form opinions about Saudi protocol.

You are, of course, free to retract from the main argument and discuss this man's credentials all day long.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan Kennedy (Post 3983353)
But he holds the legitimacy of any other random blogger, especially while writing so floridly and so far outside his knowledge area. Like when an obstetrician/politician like Ron Paul puts on his Economist hat to shill for Precious Metals dealers. On a website like American Thinker, Alani doesn’t have to be accurate or accountable, or trustworthy. All he has to do is demonstrate hostility for the current Administration, and he’s in the club.

The red herring runs strongly in this one. Your giant argument about Dr. Alani's ("random blogger's") perceived legitimacy retracts from the main argument about S.A. royals insulting Obama. Unless you've got evidence to prove otherwise, your argument failed to counter my claim. Like I said:

Quote:

Regardless, it shouldn't take some Senior Advisor and Program Director in Security and Terrorism Studies at the Gulf Research Center to know when you've been insulted.
Of all the people, I was looking forward to actually discussing something worthwhile; what a let down.

P.S. where is this man on American Thinker? I am trying to find blog posts from him. Do link me to one of his posts, since you seem to know a lot about him.

nr32 06-11-2016 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beautiful Joe (Post 3983337)
Are you aware that the "governor" is a member of the Saudi royal family, or are you just choosing to not mention that?

A low-ranking governor, not high delegation. Do you people get insulted and remain ignorant of it? Feels like trying to explain veganism to a carnivore.

silva 06-12-2016 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nr32 (Post 3983705)
A low-ranking governor, not high delegation. Do you people get insulted and remain ignorant of it? Feels like trying to explain veganism to a carnivore.

You seem to be trying to find ways to insult and annoyed at your inability.
Why?
Better question, why try and bring down Obama in a Trump thread?

Dave in MPLS 06-12-2016 04:12 PM

Quote:

why try and bring down Obama in a Trump thread?
As I recall, it came up in this thread because Trump puked out some tweets about the incident. So it was kind of organic that conversation in this thread developed into discussion about that.

I think Trump's reaction exposes a potential downside to a Trump administration: his NOTORIOUSLY thin skin. Maybe that's why he HAS to be a counter puncher. He has to punch back hard before taking too many taps which would expose his glass jaw. Combine that with an apparently strong 'kiss my ring' impulse ... The worry is he will respond to a strategic ally throwing a temper tantrum by throwing an even bigger temper tantrum, thus blowing an important relationship in, say, the fight against da'esh (ISIS).

Plus ... we don't live in feudal Japan.

Beautiful Joe 06-12-2016 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave in MPLS (Post 3984225)
Combine that with an apparently strong 'kiss my ring' impulse ...

Yup. His first reaction to the awful tragedy in Orlando was to make it all about himself. http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...ing_right.html

nr32 06-12-2016 08:39 PM

Don't be a doormat is what I'm saying. Respect yourself enough to never let people step on you. If someone insults you, be insulted. If you don't stand up for yourself, no one else will.

At the very least, if you're not gonna get back on the plane, be firm and never be obsequious.

Beautiful Joe 06-13-2016 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nr32 (Post 3984345)
Don't be a doormat is what I'm saying. Respect yourself enough to never let people step on you. If someone insults you, be insulted.

Does this advice also hold for all of the groups of people whom Trump regularly insults?

Joan Kennedy 06-13-2016 04:49 PM

Does anyone really think Obama and his advance team were unaware of the reception they would be receiving in Saudi Arabia, whether at the airport or at the meetings or at the terse little pronouncements at the photo-op? That a President Trump might refuse to leave his plane because he was displeased with the status of his official greeter, that’s cause for alarm in my opinion. There are so many layers to this stuff, like there were when the treaty with Iran was being negotiated. Iranians who were promoting it had to make like they thought it was horrible but necessary, to sell it to the rest of their own government, because diplomacy is so two-faced between what’s on the surface and what’s really getting done.

Why do people here care who greeted Obama at the airport? Of course the Arabs were upset, among other things, about the treaty with Iran. They were just as upset about it as the Israelis, but there was nothing they could do about it except try to posture in ways other parties would accept as hanging tough and sticking it to the Man. Which our people knew going into it, because that's how choreographed and orchestrated these events are. Progressives look at the footage and pronounce Obama gracious, or diplomatic, while conservatives see the same thing and say he was being obsequious. That’s just the kind of thing Trump’s people and the Republican right like to throw around. They like to say our President is too stupid to know when he’s being insulted, or when a reception is chilly, or why. Messages were delivered, assurances were exchanged, and another little outrage was smoothed over. Another little opportunity to try and paint Obama as ineffectual while reeling every time Obama manages to do an end-run around the most obstructive Congress in US history.

What someone like Amani or nr32 sees as a snub, or an insult, or blatant disrespect of the global pecking order, I see as a Kabuki dance. We upset them, but not bad enough to trigger an oil embargo or another Arab-Israeli War. They stomp a foot, just not hard enough to trigger an international incident. Everything about it is read different ways depending on the orientation of the observer.

Thalassa4 06-15-2016 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beautiful Joe (Post 3979601)
That's certainly what the Sanders followers believe. There aren't any actual facts to support that belief, though.

Hillary has, to date, won approximately three million more votes than Bernie, and that's with unrelenting attacks on her ever for decades. In the meantime, everyone has bee careful to not say anything negative about Bernie*; the Clinton campaign because they need to woo the Sanders supporters once he's out of the picture, and the Republicans because they want Sanders to be as strong as possible for as long as possible in order to weaken the Clinton campaign.

*And there is plenty of negative to say about Bernie; just as much as about Hillary.


I think you have been poorly informed. Hillary Clinton has enacted policies in Central America and the Middle East leading to destabilization and violence in those regions. I encourage you to read about Clintons foreign policy in Latin America, it will likely horrify you, as it completely contradicts claims she makes about human rights and the environment. Clinton also flip flops on issues, and tends to actually vote more right wing than she claims in campaigns.

By contrast, Bernie is delightfully consistent and scandal free, after fifty years involved in both activism and political office. Whatever you don't like about Bernie, he actually has the most positive campaign of any candidate, and even what little media coverage he received in this election has been found by Harvard researchers to be just as "blacked out" as Bernie supporters claim, and yet much more positive than either Trump or Clintons campaigns.

There's also proof of voter fraud in California, I'm deeply involved on a grassroots level, and I attended a county council meeting yesterday where fifty poll workers testified. It's not only as bad as some people claim, it is worse.

Dave in MPLS 06-18-2016 10:24 PM

Quote:

Bernie is delightfully consistent and scandal free
Iranian revolution and the hostage crisis. There's your October Surprise if Bernie was the nominee.

-----------

Trump has had an absolutely terrible couple of weeks. A month to go to the convention. Should be fun.

Dave in MPLS 06-20-2016 05:05 PM

Donald Trump to his campaign manager Corey Lewandowski: YOU'RE FIRED!!!

EarthGodess 09-17-2016 04:08 PM

Donald Trump didn't pay the girls in his rally. And has he ever fed that poor guinea pig stuck to his head?

silva 09-17-2016 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EarthGodess (Post 4016338)
Donald Trump didn't pay the girls in his rally. And has he ever fed that poor guinea pig stuck to his head?

:laugh:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.