10Likes
  • 4 Post By LedBoots
  • 4 Post By Jasminedesi16
  • 1 Post By peacefulveglady
  • 1 Post By Beancounter

#1 Old 03-25-2016, 11:37 AM
JUSTICE FOR ANIMALS

Election 2016

What are other vegans perspective on the elections?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-25-2016, 01:37 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

#3 Old 03-25-2016, 05:38 PM
Riot Nrrrd

I'm getting a lot of schadenfreude (enjoyment at the misfortune of another) from the circus the GOP is putting on. At the same time, it stinks. I definitely disagree with that side on a great many very fundamental things, but I value advocates on that side that are at least functioning on the same plane of reality as I do.

Dave in MPLS / DISCLAIMER: I am not an actual rooster.
"It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness"
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 18002738255
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-28-2016, 12:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Feel the Bern!
silva, cherries, nozukes and 1 others like this.
#5 Old 03-29-2016, 06:31 PM
JUSTICE FOR ANIMALS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasminedesi16 View Post
Feel the Bern!
Yes, Bernie Sanders will have my vote. As a vegan, he is the only candidate I could see possibly becoming a vegan himself, given his liberal and progressive views.
#6 Old 03-29-2016, 06:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necter View Post
Yes, Bernie Sanders will have my vote. As a vegan, he is the only candidate I could see possibly becoming a vegan himself, given his liberal and progressive views.
He has my vote.

It takes two to speak the truth: one to speak, and another to hear.
—Henry David Thoreau
My site
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#7 Old 03-29-2016, 08:59 PM

Yes, Bernie Sanders seems like such a nice, real guy in general and like someone you'd like to meet and be friends with.
#8 Old 04-06-2016, 04:07 PM
Veggie Regular

As long as Trump don't get in i can care less....
Naturebound likes this.
#9 Old 04-08-2016, 06:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacefulveglady View Post
As long as Trump don't get in i can care less....
I feel the same way about Cruz. I think he's far more dangerous.
Kiwibird08 likes this.

Happiness is not the result of a mathematical equation comparing the good times and bad times someone has had. It is a state of mind.
-nomad888
#10 Old 04-08-2016, 08:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beancounter View Post
I feel the same way about Cruz. I think he's far more dangerous.
i used to not like Cruz either , i was hoping Rubio would of stayed in , i know there are issues with him at least he had better ideas.
#11 Old 04-09-2016, 10:17 AM
Riot Nrrrd

Random thoughts:

'Momentum' is something people talk about, but it doesn't seem to be a huge factor this cycle.

Bernie has been winning caucus states handily. I fully expect him to win today's Wyoming caucus. Here's the bad news from here on in: there are two more caucus states after today. Otherwise it's primaries, several of them closed (registered Democrats only, no independents or crossover voters). I predict that when all the states have weighed in, Clinton will be ahead of Sanders even if you take superdelegates off the table (she is now and that is unlikely to change). If you award a states superdelegates based on who won the state, Clinton is still winning.

Not to demoralize anyone, I'm just not sure the messaging we hear matches the math.

Dave in MPLS / DISCLAIMER: I am not an actual rooster.
"It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness"
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 18002738255
#12 Old 04-09-2016, 12:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Location: Melbourne, Australia. A haven of a country! But my heart is where my earliest years were spent in California and Canada as well...
As an Australian, I'm watching baffled.

It's amazing that Trump has come so far and I assume he won't actually ever be elected but I'm simultaneously aware that's what I thought about Abbott here, as the result of being surrounded by rational, leftie people and feeling like 'everyone was voting the other way' but forgetting there are a LOT of other sorts of people out there and my sort is perhaps a slight minority...
I hope I'm not underestimating how many Trump supporters there are in a similar way!

But if Trump DOES get elected, perhaps things will go how they did here with Abbott. Ie. People elect him based on ideals and frustration and fear etc. but when he's actually in he's so terrible that even they come 'round and you end up with a far more united country in the end. United against that sort of approach. Yep...
#13 Old 04-09-2016, 05:10 PM
Veggie Recycler

I know Bernie Sanders is not a vegetarian but he is definitely the best in terms of environmental issues, which of course impact animals as well as humans - I think all of the conservative candidates unfortunately are unreasonably and irrationally opposed to environmental science, but Trump is the worst - he endorses McDonald's hamburgers, his daughter has been called out for imported rabbit fur and his son killed off-limits species in Africa - as a whole their family seems so hedonistic and narcissistic that it goes beyond even typical neoconservative bs (I think more highly of paleoconservatives, but none are running as a major candidate so that's a discussion for another day).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page