Does watching other people eat meat bother you? - Page 6 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 140Likes

#151 Old 06-15-2015, 12:13 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmountain View Post
I'm thinking of asking the local paper to let me write a weekly vegetarian perspective restaurant review.
Since you seem to have a low opinion of vegetarians and vegans, maybe someone else would be a better advocate.

I am not going to call the police for some immature jerk shoving bacon in my face. I told him and the others to reflect on how they would feel if someone did that to their mother. I certainly don't need the cops to help me wipe pig fat off my face.
varun and LeThieu92 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#152 Old 06-15-2015, 12:20 PM
Chaotic Vegetarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no whey jose View Post
The point of view that it's acceptable to exploit and slaughter animals to eat their corpses isn't very common here because it's antithetical to the very philosophy of veg*nism. If you're interested in hearing arguments from that point of view, you can easily find them anywhere else on the internet or in the world at large. This forum is intended for veg*ns, and someone who is physically incapable of eating meat but would gladly do so again if he could, who talks about how lovingly he "harvested" animals, isn't a veg*n of any sort and doesn't belong here.
I would understand if somebody gets here after becoming veg* for health reason. It's a nice place to find recipes and social tips. Also a nice place to think about ethics and see how horrible animal factories are. Realizing it after becoming vegetarian just makes the switch more solid and helps leaning towards veganism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no whey jose View Post
Veg*ns are a marginalized group and we face these violent counter-opinions on a daily basis. I don't think it's unreasonable to request one forum where we at least don't have to argue against murdering animals. Arguments within the veg*n philosophy? Sure. Arguments about unrelated topics? Absolutely. But please, if I have to explain to another "veg*n" that a head of cabbage doesn't feel pain, I'm going to explode.
I'm sorry most of you have troubles living in an omni society. I cope with it rather well and need social contacts too much to not make the effort. All vegetarians are not aware of what a sentient being is and some plants communicate with chemicals so, yes, sometimes a little explanation is necessary. Even for things that sound obvious to us. (for many people fish = no scream = vegetable)

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun View Post
Sure, and I being a part of the Veg*nism movement, naturally I'm sharing my views on the same & being here for over 2 years I've replied to many people, some seeking support, some asking doubts, some who just come here to feel like they belong. Not everyone can contribute the same way but when all views are combined the reasons to go vegan becomes natural.

That would be the general consensus of the forum.
Vegetarians might be more quiet than vegans here but still, they have a section so I'm not sure we can call it a consensus. We're in the compost heap, so be can find here vegans, vegetarians and other weirdoes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bon appétit !
#153 Old 06-15-2015, 12:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post
Since you seem to have a low opinion of vegetarians and vegans, maybe someone else would be a better advocate.
Advocate? No. I would like to let people know what menu options are available at different restaurants, and if they taste good, are well prepared, and if the place has good service. I read a lot of restaurant reviews, but they never talk about veggie options available. I think it would be worth knowing. I would certianly like to know.

Why would you say I have a low opinion of vegetarians and vegans? Because I raise issues and ask questions? Because I say things that someone else might not agree with? Lighten up a little.
Quote:
I am not going to call the police for some immature jerk shoving bacon in my face. I told him and the others to reflect on how they would feel if someone did that to their mother. I certainly don't need the cops to help me wipe pig fat off my face.
Calling the cops is your choice, but if it wasn't enough to call the police, then it wasn't enough to be called a violent confrontation. But it was still a battery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#154 Old 06-25-2015, 04:39 PM
adapt. evolve. become

Yes, it does bother me
I prefer not to be around meat because of the smell and the fact that it came from a tortured animal. Slaughter alone is abuse. It's not a choice that I will respect, because there are so many other things you can eat besides animal flesh, dairy and eggs.

All we are is dust in the wind

Last edited by Pirate Huntress; 06-25-2015 at 04:52 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page