Do some vegetarians lie about being vegetarians? - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 64Likes

#31 Old 03-09-2015, 11:48 AM
Banned

Thumbs up To Jo Jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful Joe View Post
Ah, you're referring to what Ouseley wrote in 1901 for the newspapers. I gather it's your belief that your god was speaking through Ouseley in contradicting the Bible?
No Ousley was a Catholic Priest that wore the star of Molech in his pictures who claimed he channeled it through dreams of dead people (demons). The modern Essenes know that's a lie. They know the book was written by John fulfilling a prophecy about him. And that it was preserved in Tibet. The Catholic propaganda is to cast doubt in a novice. But I have thoroughly read it many times and since I know it is his voice I can assure you that it is the Song of the Lamb John wrote about in Revelation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 03-09-2015, 11:49 AM
Herbivorous Urchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleyah Tawnygood View Post
River that is your choice but I urge you to reconsider that because the end of this age, not the world is upon us and that is why the Devil has this peace treaty that is about to end. I there was no peace treaty I would be activated. It's temporary do you guys not know about the Solar eclipse that is a little more then a week away?
That was a question not a statement of choice.

Part of me wonders if you actually believe any of what you're saying.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#33 Old 03-09-2015, 11:53 AM
Banned

Red face To Jo Jo

Quote:
The difference, dear, is that it is a FACT, not an opinion, that your statement "all wheat is modified with corn" is false.
Well that's what a miller up in Roanoke Virginia told me 3 years ago. Why would he lie to me? He said it was the last year the wheat would be corn free. There is Spelt if you are worried. That is one of the ingredients in my unleavened bread for the Passover of Mercy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 03-09-2015, 11:55 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Well that's what a miller up in Roanoke Virginia told me 3 years ago. Why would he lie to me? He said it was the last year the wheat would be corn free. There is Spelt if you are worried. That is one of the ingredients in my unleavened bread for the Passover of Mercy.

Trust me, I'm not the least bit worried.
#35 Old 03-09-2015, 11:58 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post
I have wondered also, but having encountered breathtarians, chem trail believers, etc., I wouldn't be surprised if the belief is real.
River likes this.
#36 Old 03-09-2015, 11:59 AM
Banned

To river

Quote:
That was a question not a statement of choice.

One can not know everything but I believe everything I say is TRUE. Some do try to trip me up with which always come down to a choice they are making. It's not that they think I'm a liar it is because they want to justify their actions. It is all a choice. I'm not recruiting anyone but the other side of the story must be told. Isn't that fair?
#37 Old 03-09-2015, 12:11 PM
Banned

Red face To Jo Jo

Quote:
I have wondered also, but having encountered breathtarians, chem trail believers, etc., I wouldn't be surprised if the belief is real.
Jo Jo you should know there is a story circulating around that defines Conspiracy Theorists as Masons, Jesuits and the Illuminati secret society members. And I see them constantly tring to take the wind out of posters on sites like Godlike productions and Above top secret. They are were effective until outed. They like to cast doubts of posters sanity which is exactly how the Illuminati do it when one of their minions doesn't mind. Ask the former spokesman for the IMF.

The point is YHWH's enlightened recently people woke up to a global conspiracy. The other side has a buss word for the phenomenon "Conspiracy Therory".
#38 Old 03-09-2015, 12:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Jo Jo you should know there is a story circulating around that defines Conspiracy Theorists as Masons, Jesuits and the Illuminati secret society members. And I see them constantly tring to take the wind out of posters on sites like Godlike productions and Above top secret. They are were effective until outed. They like to cast doubts of posters sanity which is exactly how the Illuminati do it when one of their minions doesn't mind. Ask the former spokesman for the IMF.

The point is YHWH's enlightened recently people woke up to a global conspiracy. The other side has a buss word for the phenomenon "Conspiracy Therory".
Ah well, it seems we have well and truly entered into retread territory. Been there, had those discussions, find them tedious in the extreme, don't feel like wasting more time.
#39 Old 03-09-2015, 12:22 PM
Banned

To river

Quote:
"Here's what it really said" - said everyone reinterpreting religious texts, ever.
I know the Christians Jews and Catholics have really messed things up with their scribes changing the TRUTH to Fiction. I can understand this problem. But that doesn't mean it isn't exactly what he said. It's a choice whether you want to believe it. The MessiYAH said my sheep know my voice.

I got some other places to be if there is nothing else I will be leaving soon.
#40 Old 03-09-2015, 01:36 PM
Veggie Regular

not even gonna touch all that religious stuff with a ten foot pole. so back to the original question.

I dont know anyone who lies about being a vegetarian, but I do know people who dont consider chicken or fish to be animal meat, and therefore, refer to themselves as vegetarians.

I strive to eat a strictly vegetarian diet. Recently I ate a breaded fish sandwich. I know fish is meat, and I know fish is an animal. Its the last meat I gave up, and I find I crave it, like comfort food... when my life blew up recently.

I dont plan on continuing this fish eating behavior permanently. Im hardly a pescetarian, given the rarity of my consumption. And I'd like to give it up all together.

So maybe I am a liar when I call myself a vegetarian. But I view a strict veggie diet as my goal, and I try to forgive myself for any slips in my first year of vegetarianism. I hope others on here can be compassionate towards me right now. Im kinda going through alot.
#41 Old 03-09-2015, 01:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by melimomTARDIS View Post
not even gonna touch all that religious stuff with a ten foot pole. so back to the original question.

I dont know anyone who lies about being a vegetarian, but I do know people who dont consider chicken or fish to be animal meat, and therefore, refer to themselves as vegetarians.

I strive to eat a strictly vegetarian diet. Recently I ate a breaded fish sandwich. I know fish is meat, and I know fish is an animal. Its the last meat I gave up, and I find I crave it, like comfort food... when my life blew up recently.

I dont plan on continuing this fish eating behavior permanently. Im hardly a pescetarian, given the rarity of my consumption. And I'd like to give it up all together.

So maybe I am a liar when I call myself a vegetarian. But I view a strict veggie diet as my goal, and I try to forgive myself for any slips in my first year of vegetarianism. I hope others on here can be compassionate towards me right now. Im kinda going through alot.
Have you tried the Gardein fishless filets? They're not exactly like breaded fish and don't taste 100% like fish (in my opinion), but there is a fishy taste to them. Maybe it could help you.
Tiger Lilly and scwendy like this.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#42 Old 03-09-2015, 01:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessandreia View Post
Have you tried the Gardein fishless filets? They're not exactly like breaded fish and don't taste 100% like fish (in my opinion), but there is a fishy taste to them. Maybe it could help you.
I didnt know there was a mock breaded fish.It doesnt have to taste fishy, I just need it to be greasy, and be able to smother it in ketchup.( I know that is gross) Do you think it would work in that context? If so I am buying some ASAP.
Tiger Lilly likes this.
#43 Old 03-09-2015, 01:54 PM
Veggie Regular

I have also considered adding french fries or potato chips into my diet for a similar effect. That comforting salty-greasy- thing.
River, LedBoots and Tiger Lilly like this.
#44 Old 03-09-2015, 02:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
I didnt know there was a mock breaded fish.It doesnt have to taste fishy, I just need it to be greasy, and be able to smother it in ketchup.( I know that is gross) Do you think it would work in that context? If so I am buying some ASAP.
They are a little greasy. I think you'd be able to do that. Just type "Gardein fishless filet" on google images, and you can see what it looks like.

On topic: Yes, some people lie. But I think sometimes people lie about being vegetarian without even knowing they're lying. I think some people truly believe that they're still vegetarians even if they eat chicken or/and fish.
melimomTARDIS likes this.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#45 Old 03-09-2015, 02:09 PM
Veggie Regular

If someone is saying something untrue without knowing so is it really lying? I'd say no.

I think for something to be a lie there must be intent on covering up something known to be true.
#46 Old 03-09-2015, 02:19 PM
Lovable misanthrope

I personally don't know anyone who d lie about being vegetarian, I mean what would be in it for them?
LedBoots likes this.

it takes guts to be gentle and kind
#47 Old 03-09-2015, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Sophie's Kitchen also makes a breaded fish fillet (along with shrimp, calamari, and other seafood), but I'm not sure it's available in the UK. The website is here: http://sophieskitchen.net/html/products/fish.html

I'll bet you could fry up a faux fillet and it would satisfy that greasy craving.

I don't know anyone who purposefully lies about being vegetarian, and I certainly don't suspect anyone here of being a fraud. OP, maybe people aren't responding favorably to your posts because of your proselytizing. This isn't the place to attempt to convert anyone. If you keep your questions strictly secular, or at least leave room for differing religious and spiritual views, I think you'll find this group a lot more welcoming. You might ask "For those of you with religious or spiritual beliefs, how does vegetarianism fit in?" for example.
Tiger Lilly and leedsveg like this.
#48 Old 03-09-2015, 03:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
When I get a yearning for a "fishy" taste, I thinly slice some extra firm tofu, bread it with cornmeal heavily seasoned with Zatarain's, and fry it. (I first dredge the tofu slices in flour, then dip in almond milk, then the seasoned cornmeal. If you substitute beer for the milk, it'll give you a beer batter flavor.) Squeeze some fresh lemon juice over it once it's fried, and I think you will find it satisfies your fish cravings.
Tiger Lilly and no whey jose like this.
#49 Old 03-09-2015, 06:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Wow,what a great community! thank you for your suggestions. I certainly dont think Im deficient in anything/think I need that "fishy" taste, but I do find myself missing salty/greasy comfort type foods right now. I feel like I have a few new ideas to try out. Thanks for not judging me right now guys.
Tiger Lilly and no whey jose like this.
#50 Old 03-09-2015, 07:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Do some vegetarians lie about being vegetarians?

Quote:

I don't think anyone here would be critical of someone like you who has set on a path to a actual vegetarian lifestyle.

if you readily ate fish and kept referring to yourself as a vegetarian, then it makes it a problem. It's a problem because other people might think all vegetarians eat fish so we would get offered with fish or be expected to eat fish at a gathering.
LedBoots and MozIsMyShepherd like this.
#51 Old 03-09-2015, 07:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Wow,what a great community! thank you for your suggestions. I certainly dont think Im deficient in anything/think I need that "fishy" taste, but I do find myself missing salty/greasy comfort type foods right now. I feel like I have a few new ideas to try out. Thanks for not judging me right now guys.
I have also heard about covering the tofu with nori sheets and pan frying them.
Here's a recipe I just found: http://vegandad.blogspot.ca/2011/04/tofu-o-sea.html

#52 Old 03-10-2015, 02:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Sometimes we all get cravings for something :-) I miss the salty tangy taste of anchovies sometimes but I substitute them with capers. When I miss meat I make 3 bean chilli (which even the other half has deemed 'meaty' or more accurately 'This really has no meat in it? Really?').
#53 Old 03-10-2015, 03:50 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
So you have a problem with my interpretation of religion so what of it. Are you trying to make a liar out of me? You don't believe me anyway so why should I care. YHWH has said no one will enter Heaven if they eat animals. Now if you want to say it's not part of his law or what ever your point is that is your choice. But it is a requirement for Heaven and Earth. It's the Law not a religion.
YOUR God might have said that, but MY Gods don't tend to care one way or the other.

But then mine don't strictly have a heaven and my Hel is a very different deal altogether.....:P

To the actual question though, yeah I think some vegetarians lie about being vegetarians. Some vegans lie about being vegan. Most omnis I know, I'm quite sure of it, lie about "eating a lot of vegetables".

People want to seem good. One of the reasons that vegetarians are branded with the "holier than thou" mark is because people perceive not eating meat as a morally pure thing to do. So they're already projecting that onto us, before we even open our mouths. Of course, some of us help by living up to the stereotype.

I have a friend who calls herself a vegetarian, but sometimes she eats fish. It's a slow transition for her, but she's got a lot on her plate.... I wish she'd take the fish OFF her plate, but that will come with time. As it is, she's really proud of being a vegetarian. She works hard at it and some days, she struggles quite a bit with life in general (she's had a hard time of late). I'm not going to yell at her about it, there's nothing to be gained by saying "Well, a REAL vegetarian does this!". Instead, I just lead by example and hope she feels empowered to eventually take the fish away. And I really think she's getting there.
#54 Old 03-10-2015, 08:21 AM
Banned

If you are a meat eater you can't be a vegetarian. Period.... The point to this thread is some people on this site Lie about being a vegetarian whatever their intent. Many have already admitted to it on this thread and I'm sure their are just as many who will never face up even when you catch them with a hunk of meat in their mouth. I have nothing against them It was just an observation I had made after being here for less then a week. The site does reek in bad behavior so it's only natural to assume the true diet is at fault. Personally I have never seen so many Godless individuals in one place. Again I have nothing against them it is just an observation. I'm sure they will have hateful things to say in response.
#55 Old 03-10-2015, 08:32 AM
Banned

to Jose

Quote:
Originally Posted by no whey jose View Post
Sophie's Kitchen also makes a breaded fish fillet (along with shrimp, calamari, and other seafood), but I'm not sure it's available in the UK. The website is here: http://sophieskitchen.net/html/products/fish.html

I'll bet you could fry up a faux fillet and it would satisfy that greasy craving.

I don't know anyone who purposefully lies about being vegetarian, and I certainly don't suspect anyone here of being a fraud. OP, maybe people aren't responding favorably to your posts because of your proselytizing. This isn't the place to attempt to convert anyone. If you keep your questions strictly secular, or at least leave room for differing religious and spiritual views, I think you'll find this group a lot more welcoming. You might ask "For those of you with religious or spiritual beliefs, how does vegetarianism fit in?" for example.
You can not be converted to my Faith. I'm not here to be patronized in fact, the ruder to me you all are the better the job I'm doing. As I have said I am not recruiting anyone. If you don't like what I report that is your choice. I can post whatever I want as long as I'm not hurting anyone. You may ask the mods if you don't believe me. This is a public forum I'm pretty sure you can't sensor me. I can't tell you to leave if your don't like it but neither can you.
#56 Old 03-10-2015, 08:32 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
I'm sure they will have hateful things to say in response.
Is chuckling a hateful response?
River and Tiger Lilly like this.
#57 Old 03-10-2015, 08:40 AM
Lovable misanthrope

Who has admitted to eating meat? One person mentioned fish, but you say many. I'm sure meat eaters would not find this forum interesting same as fanatically religious people.

Also why is it so important whether we believe in your god or not? What does it change? Are you struggling to find religious support groups?

You say there's bad behaviour here but you yourself come across as quite an awkward, unfriendly confrontational and cynical individual
no whey jose likes this.

it takes guts to be gentle and kind
#58 Old 03-10-2015, 08:44 AM
Banned

to Jojo

Quote:
Is chuckling a hateful response?
Not at all but why be out of character now.
#59 Old 03-10-2015, 08:45 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
You can not be converted to my Faith. I'm not here to be patronized in fact, the ruder to me you all are the better the job I'm doing. As I have said I am not recruiting anyone. If you don't like what I report that is your choice. I can post whatever I want as long as I'm not hurting anyone. You may ask the mods if you don't believe me. This is a public forum I'm pretty sure you can't sensor me. I can't tell you to leave if your don't like it but neither can you.
No whey jose was being very nice and supportive toward you. Why jump down his throat?
#60 Old 03-10-2015, 08:47 AM
Banned

Wink To Moz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MozIsMyShepherd View Post
Who has admitted to eating meat? One person mentioned fish, but you say many. I'm sure meat eaters would not find this forum interesting same as fanatically religious people.

Also why is it so important whether we believe in your god or not? What does it change? Are you struggling to find religious support groups?

You say there's bad behaviour here but you yourself come across as quite an awkward, unfriendly confrontational and cynical individual
I will chuckle now. Pot calling the kettle black aren't you?

Tags
liars , ravenous , wolf

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page