2014 Flu Vaccine only 23% Effective - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 75Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#1 Old 01-15-2015, 02:56 PM
Eat your flowers
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 24
Lightbulb 2014 Flu Vaccine only 23% Effective

USAtoday: flu shot less effective

The annual report from the CDC shows that this year's flu vaccine is only 23% effective. Previous years have beem 50-60% effective.

What are your thoughts? Do you get a flu vaccine? Have you had the flu this season?
vegansprig is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 Old 01-15-2015, 03:06 PM
Veggie Regular
 
jessandreia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: ON, Canada
Posts: 1,616
I have never gotten the flu vaccine. The two people I live with get it, and they still get sick.
I had a cold in November of last year (first of that year), but only lasted for about 3 days.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

jessandreia is offline  
#3 Old 01-15-2015, 03:14 PM
No flesh since 99'
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 959
No. The only vaccinations I ever received were non-consensual ones as a child. I typically get the flu or a cold every couple years and just deal with it by letting my body do what it was designed to do- fight off infection.
Kiwibird08 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#4 Old 01-16-2015, 01:01 AM
Oryzatarian
 
Auxin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: USDA z7a
Posts: 1,359
My last flu vaccination was in 1995.
My last flu was in the winter of 96/97. I didnt even get sick taking care of my mother when she had swine flu.
As a healthy 35 year old the flu is no real danger to me, I'd be just as likely to be seriously harmed by an aspirin (or the vaccine) so I just dont bother. Besides, I grow my own medicines and getting sick gives me a chance to play with new formulas. Since I've only got the cold 5 times since 1998 a flu might be fun, just for the sake of my hobby
vegansprig likes this.
Auxin is offline  
#5 Old 01-16-2015, 12:35 PM
Newbie
 
ron4540's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 14
I got the flu vaccine for the last 2 years. I don't like that it's derived from chicken eggs, but I had a complication from a flu a few years ago, so I know how bad it can get.

I still consider myself vegan, since this falls under the "sometimes medicines are tested on animals or have animal ingredients" exemption. I've heard that there's a vegan type of flu vaccine, but my doctor doesn't offer that version.
ron4540 is offline  
#6 Old 01-18-2015, 06:23 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Tweety's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 920
I've never gotten the flu shot up until about 4 years ago. I'm an RN in a hospital and the CDC and employers have been very aggressive in demanding staff get vaccinated. Some hospitals have actually fired staff. If we don't get it we have to sign a waiver that we are aware we are endangering our patients and have to wear a mask at all times.

This year I've managed to slip under the radar and haven't gotten it. I can't remember ever being sick with the flu except once in college when I was 18 (nearly 40 years ago..ugh). If I'm approached I plan on refusing not he grounds, I'm ethically opposed to the ingredients, it's ineffective this year, and it's too late in the season and I'll wear a mask.

I've heard of other people that have never gotten the flu. Maybe some of us have a natural immunity and we should be studied.

Last edited by Tweety; 01-18-2015 at 06:30 PM.
Tweety is offline  
#7 Old 01-18-2015, 06:43 PM
Oryzatarian
 
Auxin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: USDA z7a
Posts: 1,359
A great example of "well, I tried it once in college..."
:-P
vegansprig and veganeevi like this.
Auxin is offline  
#8 Old 01-18-2015, 07:03 PM
Herbivorous Urchin
 
River's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 9,721
Nah. I'm up to date on all other vaccines, HPV included, but I've never had the flu. Even if I did get it, I'm a healthy young woman.
danakscully64 and vegansprig like this.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
River is offline  
#9 Old 01-29-2015, 11:43 AM
Beginner
 
lucky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwibird08 View Post
No. The only vaccinations I ever received were non-consensual ones as a child. I typically get the flu or a cold every couple years and just deal with it by letting my body do what it was designed to do- fight off infection.
This. I will never let anyone stick me with a needle again. If I have children, that will be a major issue. I won't allow it. Ever.
Kristy Collicutt likes this.
lucky7 is offline  
#10 Old 01-29-2015, 01:20 PM
Vegan as f**k
 
Go Vegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Worthing, England
Posts: 2,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky7 View Post
This. I will never let anyone stick me with a needle again. If I have children, that will be a major issue. I won't allow it. Ever.
Out of interest, are you opposed to vaccinations against measles, mumps, rubella, whooping cough etc?

Why is the suffering and killing of animals wrong? Because the value of a sentient organism's life is priceless. They are their own beings and have their own lives and loves. They have higher emotions and thought processes. Their minds are different from ours in degree, not kind - meaning that fundamentally there are critical similarities.
Go Vegan is offline  
#11 Old 01-29-2015, 04:29 PM
Beginner
 
lucky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 122
Have you seen the ingredient list?

I may have already exposed myself blabbering on all day, but I don't eat a vegan diet to protest animal rights - though it is an added bonus. My primary focus is health and longevity. I've seen what truly eating well can do for a person. I watched my mother refuse chemotherapy and radiation in January 2011 after a cancer diagnosis, and I was terrified. Everything I knew about cancer told me that without those doctors and their radiation, there was nothing that could be done… My mom's reasoning was that the chemo/radiation are worse than the cancer itself. I then watched her completely change the way she was eating, and over the course of a year the cancer began to recede. The doctors; stunned, gave her the 'all clear' on Thanksgiving that same year. I was, of course, the biggest skeptic in the family at the time. I was, however, humbled and joined the rest. My entire family of 5 now vegetarian - though I am by far the strictest.

Anyhow - I wanted to know why it was that other people didn't know about this?!!? I began digging, and digging, and digging - and am still digging. Through all my digging I have found many shocking things, many of which lead back to government, big corporations, drug companies, and most importantly, the banks. I won't delve into it any further, but I have absolutely zero reason to put any faith or trust into these massive pharmaceuticals that are producing these drugs/vaccines.

As far as the vaccines you mentioned, I'm not 100% convinced they're necessary or beneficial vs not vaccinating. I need to brush up on my facts, but there is another reason I'm forgetting. Forgive me, I've been focused on these central banks printing money into oblivion.

Last edited by lucky7; 01-29-2015 at 04:32 PM.
lucky7 is offline  
#12 Old 01-29-2015, 04:55 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 57
The other day I had a check up with my doctor, she asked me if I had had a flu shot this year. I replied "I have'nt had a flu shot in years, and I can't even remember the last time I had the flu."
veganeevi is offline  
#13 Old 01-29-2015, 06:04 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Naturebound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 4,609
I'm going to go against the grain here and share that I did get the flu shot this year for the first time in years. I used to avoid it. But my husband has a compromised immune system and I just do not want to take chances and make him sick. Or anyone else around me. To me that is a compassionate choice I make for the wellbeing of others. I take good care of myself, eat very healthy and exercise and so on, but sometimes a person is not a match for the flu. I hope that someday the egg free version of the flu shot becomes more prevalent. It is offered in my state but many miles away and insurance doesn't cover it yet. There are advocacy groups working to change that.

I also work as a medical coder and primarily code chemotherapy infusions and pediatric inpatient cancer patient encounters as well as non cancer infusion patients with autoimmune and immune dysfunction/disorders. Though the chemo drugs can be very harsh and can cause damage to the body, in some cases they can also save lives. I have seen kids get better and stronger because of chemo and their lives are saved. I have a friend who had lung cancer and was treated with chemo and is still around three years later. Those drugs aren't all evil. There is continuous research and work in improving treatments for cancer. Diet is only one component and it is not a cure all for everything. Certainly there are cases where diet can improve an outcome or cure or even prevent some types of cancer. Diet should be considered as a part of cancer treatment. For sure.

There is a lot of fear and bias against modern medicine but if it weren't for modern medicine we would have far more cases of polio and other outbreaks of diseases that have now been wiped off the map because of vaccines and so on. I'd say we have it far better than our ancestors who did not have access to modern medical care. If I ever broke a leg or needed surgery due to an accident for example, I would sure hope for pain medications and anesthesia and antibacterial applications. It's true that sometimes we overdo it with drugs for every possible/potential problem, but sometimes they are well justified.
Tweety, River, LedBoots and 4 others like this.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Naturebound is offline  
#14 Old 01-29-2015, 06:54 PM
Beginner
 
lucky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 122
I don't hate modern medicine, I know there are plenty of things out there that help people. Many of them illegal in this country, believe it or not. There are people outside the US that claim to have cures for various diseases, even cancers that are not even looked into. They're ignored like they don't even exist. Considering the business side of things, Chemo is a treatment, not a cure. Their monetary interest is not in a cure, as cruel as it may sound. I have two friends that are doctors - one paleo, the other vegetarian. They were only required one nutrition class, which is fascinating to me.

The Hippocratic Oath has been changed over and over again, and they've removed an important part that is still very relevant.

Quote:
With regard to healing the sick, I will devise and order for them the best diet, according to my judgment and means
I don't often see a doctor, but I don't recall diet ever coming up. Prescriptions tend to be quite easy to come-by, however. Then you have those brilliant commercials selling the drugs, side effects and all. I worked in hospitals all throughout my area over the last 8 years, and I've seen many interesting things. Most memorable was a diabetes center. A lobby filled with wheelchairs (patients), all missing extremities. A bag full of insulin in one hand, chips and soda in the other. I've seen severely obese doctors, smoking doctors, and some disgusting plates of fried-crap in the lunchroom. I've seen drug reps meeting with doctors. To the contrary, I've heard doctors talking about how sugar is the worst thing you can eat, local doctors promoting veg/vegan diets, I've been to hospitals that have removed every sugary beverage from the premise. There are certainly good things happening, but to assume that because it has the FDA's stamp of approval it's 100% safe and worry-free is naive. My opinion of course.

Quote:
Large skepticism leads to large understanding. Small skepticism leads to small understanding. No skepticism leads to no understanding.

-Unknown
lucky7 is offline  
#15 Old 01-30-2015, 02:44 PM
Newbie
 
jacqui276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 29
Vaccines is one place that I very willingly compromise my vegan values. I am a pediatric ER nurse and not only would I be putting myself greatly at risk if I were unvaccinated, but i would be putting those around me who are immunocompromised or too young to receive vaccines at risk if I opted out. I get the flu vaccine because of my huge risk of exposure. I haven't had the flu since getting the vaccine other than getting H1N1 prior to the vaccine being available for it. That was probably the sickest I have ever been in my life.

I don't force my kids to get the flu vaccine but they are otherwise fully vaccinated.

I could go on all day about how irresponsible people are that refuse all vaccinations but I will save that debate for another day.
jacqui276 is offline  
#16 Old 01-30-2015, 05:29 PM
Vegan as f**k
 
Go Vegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Worthing, England
Posts: 2,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky7 View Post
Have you seen the ingredient list?

I may have already exposed myself blabbering on all day, but I don't eat a vegan diet to protest animal rights - though it is an added bonus. My primary focus is health and longevity. I've seen what truly eating well can do for a person. I watched my mother refuse chemotherapy and radiation in January 2011 after a cancer diagnosis, and I was terrified. Everything I knew about cancer told me that without those doctors and their radiation, there was nothing that could be done… My mom's reasoning was that the chemo/radiation are worse than the cancer itself. I then watched her completely change the way she was eating, and over the course of a year the cancer began to recede. The doctors; stunned, gave her the 'all clear' on Thanksgiving that same year. I was, of course, the biggest skeptic in the family at the time. I was, however, humbled and joined the rest. My entire family of 5 now vegetarian - though I am by far the strictest.

Anyhow - I wanted to know why it was that other people didn't know about this?!!? I began digging, and digging, and digging - and am still digging. Through all my digging I have found many shocking things, many of which lead back to government, big corporations, drug companies, and most importantly, the banks. I won't delve into it any further, but I have absolutely zero reason to put any faith or trust into these massive pharmaceuticals that are producing these drugs/vaccines.

As far as the vaccines you mentioned, I'm not 100% convinced they're necessary or beneficial vs not vaccinating. I need to brush up on my facts, but there is another reason I'm forgetting. Forgive me, I've been focused on these central banks printing money into oblivion.
My concern with vaccines would be RE animal testing...

However, I believe that vaccinations/ medicines that are lifesaving should be given, where needed, to humans and non-human animal companions. Depriving these innocent beings of their needed medicine would just cause them to suffer/ die and this wouldn't help the laboratory animals. The system needs to change - more money needs to be invested in alternatives to animal testing and we should encourage these alternative approaches

Why is the suffering and killing of animals wrong? Because the value of a sentient organism's life is priceless. They are their own beings and have their own lives and loves. They have higher emotions and thought processes. Their minds are different from ours in degree, not kind - meaning that fundamentally there are critical similarities.
Go Vegan is offline  
#17 Old 01-31-2015, 05:45 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: The Blue Ridge Mountains of southwest VA
Posts: 7
I've had the flu three times in my life, once ending in hospitalization from passing out from high fever. All three were horrible experiences. I'm still not scared of the flu for myself, but now I have a young daughter. She has gotten and will continue to get the recommended vaccines, but I was ambivalent about the flu vaccine until this year. We had a really rough winter last year for sickness. After watching her suffer through hand foot and mouth disease, strep throat, stomach bugs, multiple colds, I decided that if there is one thing we could avoid, deadly or not, I was all for it! She and I both got vaccinated this year. Figures it would be a year where it is so ineffective, but I don't regret getting it.
missamandabeth is offline  
#18 Old 02-01-2015, 06:25 AM
Beginner
 
lucky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui276 View Post
I could go on all day about how irresponsible people are that refuse all vaccinations but I will save that debate for another day.
I could go on all day about how people blindly do as they are told, but it isn't worth going into. You also don't live in the US, which if you ask me, has one of the most corrupt and misguided health systems out there. If you must vaccinate, wait until the kids are more developed. It's a crying shame seeing new-borns loaded up with drugs right after they enter the world. It's a fear-based industry, and fearful people are easy to control.

Kristy Collicutt likes this.
lucky7 is offline  
#19 Old 02-03-2015, 09:15 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui276 View Post
I could go on all day about how irresponsible people are that refuse all vaccinations but I will save that debate for another day.

I could go on all day and all night as well. But I think I'll take a leaf out if your book though and simply answer the OP's question.

Yes I got the flu vaccine this year. I have zero regrets. I believe I got it 2 weeks after it was made available to the general public. I have only had full blown flu twice in my life and both were extraordinarily awful. Furthermore, I developed complications during one of those infections. While I have gotten "the flu" on one or two times after being vaccinated, it was not full blown. It was so mild by comparison I don't hesitate to get inoculated again every year. At the very least it gives me some protection. At the most it gives me full protection.

Flu activity is quite high where I am this year so we'll see what happens


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brothermarkinter is offline  
#20 Old 02-13-2015, 02:42 PM
Newbie
 
Kristy Collicutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: New-Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 40
Nope. Completely against vaccines and I believe all diseases can be prevented naturally and holistically.
lucky7 and Ashwani like this.

You never know where the road will take you. You never know what you can do once you truly try!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kristy Collicutt is offline  
#21 Old 02-13-2015, 02:57 PM
Herbivorous Urchin
 
River's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 9,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristy Collicutt View Post
Nope. Completely against vaccines and I believe all diseases can be prevented naturally and holistically.
lolsies anti-science ftw
danakscully64 and imagineaa like this.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
River is offline  
#22 Old 02-13-2015, 05:27 PM
No flesh since 99'
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 959
I think vaccinations are toying with nature in a way we oughtn't be and that mother nature is going to restore the natural balance of things soon.
Kristy Collicutt likes this.

Last edited by Kiwibird08; 02-13-2015 at 06:42 PM.
Kiwibird08 is offline  
#23 Old 02-13-2015, 05:35 PM
Vegan as f**k
 
Go Vegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Worthing, England
Posts: 2,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristy Collicutt View Post
Nope. Completely against vaccines and I believe all diseases can be prevented naturally and holistically.
That's a very broad statement - not all diseases are preventable by changing your lifestyle...
danakscully64 and imagineaa like this.

Why is the suffering and killing of animals wrong? Because the value of a sentient organism's life is priceless. They are their own beings and have their own lives and loves. They have higher emotions and thought processes. Their minds are different from ours in degree, not kind - meaning that fundamentally there are critical similarities.
Go Vegan is offline  
#24 Old 02-17-2015, 06:49 AM
Newbie
 
Kristy Collicutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: New-Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Vegan View Post
That's a very broad statement - not all diseases are preventable by changing your lifestyle...
Each is entitled to their own beliefs, however coming from a family who has never had vaccines and if the odd cold happens during the year, I am living proof that it is un-necessary. I've done my research as I've had my doubts in the past whether I should or should not get any, but after reading a lot of medical journals by Vaccine Truth, and with the coming out of doctors in our town admitting worldwide that the metals, chemicals and adjuvenants indeed do cause autism, whether or not people want to believe it, I am grateful to never have gone through that risk.


I worked with special needs and other kids, I've seen first hand what a vaccine reaction looks like and it's not pretty. I am not saying results are always immediate or that every vaccinated person will have effects in their lives, but it is becoming more and more common. And we cannot ignore the fact that our diet affect 80% of what happens to us.


I know people could argue this for light years, and everyone always has fears and doubts, but my views won't change on that. After all, nurses are not trained to know what actually goes into these shots.
lucky7 likes this.

You never know where the road will take you. You never know what you can do once you truly try!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kristy Collicutt is offline  
#25 Old 02-17-2015, 07:25 AM
Herbivorous Urchin
 
River's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 9,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristy Collicutt View Post
Each is entitled to their own beliefs, however coming from a family who has never had vaccines and if the odd cold happens during the year, I am living proof that it is un-necessary. I've done my research as I've had my doubts in the past whether I should or should not get any, but after reading a lot of medical journals by Vaccine Truth, and with the coming out of doctors in our town admitting worldwide that the metals, chemicals and adjuvenants indeed do cause autism, whether or not people want to believe it, I am grateful to never have gone through that risk.


I worked with special needs and other kids, I've seen first hand what a vaccine reaction looks like and it's not pretty. I am not saying results are always immediate or that every vaccinated person will have effects in their lives, but it is becoming more and more common. And we cannot ignore the fact that our diet affect 80% of what happens to us.


I know people could argue this for light years, and everyone always has fears and doubts, but my views won't change on that. After all, nurses are not trained to know what actually goes into these shots.
If you intend to have anyone take your ridiculous claims seriously, please back it up with a peer reviewed study or research article.
danakscully64 and imagineaa like this.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

Last edited by River; 02-17-2015 at 08:21 AM.
River is offline  
#26 Old 02-17-2015, 08:19 AM
Newbie
 
Ashwani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: New Delhi, India
Posts: 72
If one does Yog daily, he/she will never fall ill: http://www.divyayoga.com/miscellaneo...-training.html
Yog is the best solution for remaining healthy.
Kristy Collicutt likes this.
Ashwani is offline  
#27 Old 02-17-2015, 08:22 AM
No flesh since 99'
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 959
Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post
If you intend to have anyone take you ridiculous claims seriously, please back it up with a peer reviewed study or research article.
Please watch "Autism: Made in the USA" and "Silent Epidemic: The untold stories of Vaccines" Both are documentaries by Gary Null and may clarify a few things for you about vaccinations and their dangers.

Also, it is extremely hard to conduct non-biased studies due to the drug companies having their dirty tentacles in everything and the often long periods of times for certain damage to become apparent.
lucky7 and Kristy Collicutt like this.

Last edited by Kiwibird08; 02-17-2015 at 08:33 AM.
Kiwibird08 is offline  
#28 Old 02-17-2015, 08:37 AM
Herbivorous Urchin
 
River's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 9,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwibird08 View Post
Please watch "Autism: Made in the USA" and "Silent Epidemic: The untold stories of Vaccines" Both are documentaries by Gary Null and may clarify a few things for you about vaccinations and their dangers.
Please do not take documentaries as anything more than entertainment. They may not be viewed and understood as science, because they are not.

http://pediatrics.aappublications.or...08/4/e58.short
https://books.google.com/books?hl=en...20myth&f=false
http://journals.plos.org/plosbiology...o-1000114-g004
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...nticated=false
http://europepmc.org/abstract/med/21071320
http://diegori.it/InternetMedico/Art...om_reality.pdf

And here is a little something about Gary Null:
http://www.quackwatch.com/04ConsumerEducation/null.html
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/co.../#.VONt9PnF_uQ
http://lee-phillips.org/null/phd.html
danakscully64 and imagineaa like this.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
River is offline  
#29 Old 02-17-2015, 08:55 AM
No flesh since 99'
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 959
Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post
Please do not take documentaries as anything more than entertainment. They may not be viewed and understood as science, because they are not.
Suppose the same could be argued then for documentaries about subjects like, say, factory farming and the health and environmental effects and ethical implications of animal products right? Depends on if you're asking Cargill or not if animal products are healthy and the industry is ethical. Just saying, often time "reputable" sources are TOTALLY BIASED because they are PAID under the table by the industry that would like the studies to reflect data in their favor. Also pretty sure I could find some not so flattering articles on another Gary revered as a god-like figure around here.


To prove my point (yes, these are all "science based" pro-meat articles):
http://authoritynutrition.com/7-evid...s-to-eat-meat/
http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-li...n/art-20048095
http://www.livestrong.com/article/52929-eating-meat/

I see your "science based" pro-vaccine research much the same to my "science based" pro meat research- absolutely ridiculous and false. Just because a BIASED SOURCE says so, doesn't always mean it is... Sometimes one has to take a step back and follow the money trail back to who has a vested interest in results that put the product in a positive light. These vaccines are DANGEROUS, but anyone who comes out and says so is labeled a "conspiracy theorist" and doesn't have the FUNDING to do a study that doesn't HAVE to come out in favor of big pharma. I think they should be voluntary and only available to legal adults capable of consenting to them. They should defiantly NOT be routinely pumped into children non-consensually.
lucky7 and Kristy Collicutt like this.

Last edited by Kiwibird08; 02-17-2015 at 09:10 AM.
Kiwibird08 is offline  
#30 Old 02-17-2015, 09:14 AM
Herbivorous Urchin
 
River's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 9,721
See, you are highlighting the problem with anti-science/anti-vaccine people. You actually have to prove your point or offer valid counter studies, but there ARE NONE.

Whereas there are countless legitimate pro-vegetarian studies to back up veganism or vegetarianism.
danakscully64 and imagineaa like this.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
River is offline  
Reply

Tags
cdc , flu , health , influenza , vaccine

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off