vegetarians don't eat eggs, ok? - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 127Likes
Closed Thread

#31 Old 07-07-2014, 10:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post
So, @veggieveggie, have you ever seen the videos of the male calves being torturted to become veal? By supporting the dairy industry by touting cows' milk's wonderfulness for humans, you are supporting this, as well as forceful insemination of cows and separation of newborn calves from their mothers. Ever seen a video where you can hear the baby cows cry while the mothers bellow in helpless agony? Even if you only use dairy from farms that magically don't do this, you are still promoting others' use of them.
what has this got to do with vegetarianism? you have to understand, vegetarianism is a way of life, followed for the most part, by spiritual aspirants. because a spiritual aspirant will be very carefull not to eat anything that drags their consciousness down. the world itself can do that, and trying to follow a pure diet only serves as a foundation, but it is the foundation.

there's a saying, bad people will continue doing their thing, but good people shouldn't be thwarted because of this. they should soldier on.

all the milk I drink (goat yogurt and goat's cheese) are from small farms that are dairy only.

the best thing to do is get your own cow, if it's possible, or goats. or find someone doing that.

we should be as conscious as we can, and of course that includes the care of animals, who are our friends. we should treat them like we treat ourselves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 07-07-2014, 10:42 AM
Banned

I think the forum moderator said it best, this discussion belongs in the compost heap. because the truth is very incindiary, so it's best thrown on the compost pile.

remember that folks, the next time you're having a discussion about the true nature of things. in the middle of it, someone step forward and say, this discussion should continue in the compost pile. let's go.

Last edited by veggieveggie; 07-07-2014 at 10:46 AM.
#33 Old 07-07-2014, 11:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Avo-vegetarians want acceptance as actual vegetarians because it helps them feel accepted into a category that differentiates them from actual meat eaters. This might help them with their journey toward actually becoming a true vegetarian and we can be compassionate toward these people because it helps them. But you are right, eggs are not vegetable matter. they are flesh. Good for you for trying to help educate these people. They do need our help.
We accept them as avo-vegetarians but hey, egg eaters, to try and convince people that eggs are a vegetable (as in vegetarian) is only doing harm to the ideal of what it means to be an actual true vegetarian. You should really work on trying to discern the difference between what grows on a plant (vegetable) and in a womb (flesh) this is for the purpose of the intellectual and the physical health of all people.

Caring about our health is caring about our very state of being and future which is a very good thing to be seriously concerned about making the most of.

http://TRUEHEALTHHAPPENS.COM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 07-07-2014, 11:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthios View Post
Avo-vegetarians want acceptance as actual vegetarians because it helps them feel accepted into a category that differentiates them from actual meat eaters. This might help them with their journey toward actually becoming a true vegetarian and we can be compassionate toward these people because it helps them. But you are right, eggs are not vegetable matter. they are flesh. Good for you for trying to help educate these people. They do need our help.
We accept them as avo-vegetarians but hey, egg eaters, to try and convince people that eggs are a vegetable (as in vegetarian) is only doing harm to the ideal of what it means to be an actual true vegetarian. You should really work on trying to discern the difference between what grows on a plant (vegetable) and in a womb (flesh) this is for the purpose of the intellectual and the physical health of all people.
you know, it's all karmic anyway. and I hate to say it.

egg eaters must be egg eaters, that's the karmic hand they were dealt. and apparently, no amount of discussion will change that.

to be honest, I've had this same thought, that the transition to true vegetarianism is underway, but I have to say, it can also be seen as simple laziness, or succumbing to peer or family pressures.

that's why real personhood is all about individual choices, as long as those choices lead to a positive result.

falling forward is better than not taking any step at all...
#35 Old 07-07-2014, 11:57 AM
Veggie Regular

I think that you care about helping people or you would not have tried to educate those people about that topic. You just didn't know that on this forum avo-vegetarians think they are actually real vegetarians and that they try to justify it through incredibly illogical means. Don't let it bother you please. It takes some people time and we are glad they have made it as far as they have.
And thanks for helping, keep it up!

Caring about our health is caring about our very state of being and future which is a very good thing to be seriously concerned about making the most of.

http://TRUEHEALTHHAPPENS.COM

#36 Old 07-07-2014, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator

It seems extremely hypocritical to me to rail against people who eat eggs while supporting the consumption of dairy when the dairy industry causes just as much death and suffering.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#37 Old 07-07-2014, 12:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggieveggie View Post
what has this got to do with vegetarianism? you have to understand, vegetarianism is a way of life, followed for the most part, by spiritual aspirants. because a spiritual aspirant will be very carefull not to eat anything that drags their consciousness down. the world itself can do that, and trying to follow a pure diet only serves as a foundation, but it is the foundation.

there's a saying, bad people will continue doing their thing, but good people shouldn't be thwarted because of this. they should soldier on.

all the milk I drink (goat yogurt and goat's cheese) are from small farms that are dairy only.

the best thing to do is get your own cow, if it's possible, or goats. or find someone doing that.

we should be as conscious as we can, and of course that includes the care of animals, who are our friends. we should treat them like we treat ourselves.
http://www.whitelies.org.uk/animal-w...out-goats-milk

Aside from that, where do you think people get their goats or cows to raise themselves? It had to have been bred from somewhere, as well as that goat's mother and so on. The animal also has to be manipulated in order to get enough milk from it to feed humans, let alone make the gallons of goat yogurt and goat milk for sale in stores and on farms. Breeding and selling goats and using their milk for human purposes is a business, make no mistake. There are going to be compromises to the goat's health to save on costs and make it profitable or worth the effort it takes to care for it if it is a private farmer. No different than backyard chickens (which are often abandoned when their owners realize the work to raise farm animals and the cost of feed, vet care, housing, etc). More goats will also have to be bred in order to continue our human addiction to animal milk products that are totally unnecessary. How is that ethical and humane? If you really care about goats, take care of them and let them produce milk for their own young , not you.
silva, LedBoots, echolove and 1 others like this.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#38 Old 07-07-2014, 01:00 PM
Veggie Regular

You are not very spiritually evolved if you think you are somehow superior to others just because of what you do or don't eat, or because your reasoning is different from someone else's - or even if you think you are entitled to talk down to others, as you have been doing here. Maybe you ought to work on yourself before you try to fix anyone else. Just sayin'.
#39 Old 07-07-2014, 02:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
You are not very spiritually evolved if you think you are somehow superior to others just because of what you do or don't eat, or because your reasoning is different from someone else's - or even if you think you are entitled to talk down to others, as you have been doing here. Maybe you ought to work on yourself before you try to fix anyone else. Just sayin'.
so what you're saying then, is no one knows anything, and if you do, stfu, because you might hurt someone's feelings for expressing the truth about something - god forbid.

and I don't recall saying I'm superior to anyone here…what I've been describing is a reality that most people are either too lazy to discover for themselves, or are too content with the ignorance is bliss paradigm...
#40 Old 07-07-2014, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
so what you're saying then, is no one knows anything, and if you do, stfu, because you might hurt someone's feelings for expressing the truth about something - god forbid.

and I don't recall saying I'm superior to anyone here…what I've been describing is a reality that most people are either too lazy to discover for themselves, or are too content with the ignorance is bliss paradigm...
You just claimed you don't think you're superior to anyone and then immediately followed that by saying that anyone who doesn't agree with you is lazy and ignorant.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#41 Old 07-07-2014, 03:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post
You just claimed you don't think you're superior to anyone and then immediately followed that by saying that anyone who doesn't agree with you is lazy and ignorant.
I know, not bad eh?

but seriously, the truth is out there, just waiting to be found…and people are too lazy to be bothered.

they want to hang out with the status quo, for whatever reason - fear, programming, peer pressure.

I can tell you, nothing is ever gained by the status quo.

and what's wrong with telling it like it is. if telling it like it is makes someone a superior being, well, then goody good for them, right?

Last edited by veggieveggie; 07-07-2014 at 03:09 PM.
#42 Old 07-07-2014, 03:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
http://www.whitelies.org.uk/animal-w...out-goats-milk

Aside from that, where do you think people get their goats or cows to raise themselves? It had to have been bred from somewhere, as well as that goat's mother and so on. The animal also has to be manipulated in order to get enough milk from it to feed humans, let alone make the gallons of goat yogurt and goat milk for sale in stores and on farms. Breeding and selling goats and using their milk for human purposes is a business, make no mistake. There are going to be compromises to the goat's health to save on costs and make it profitable or worth the effort it takes to care for it if it is a private farmer. No different than backyard chickens (which are often abandoned when their owners realize the work to raise farm animals and the cost of feed, vet care, housing, etc). More goats will also have to be bred in order to continue our human addiction to animal milk products that are totally unnecessary. How is that ethical and humane? If you really care about goats, take care of them and let them produce milk for their own young , not you.
I'll say this, you should read the secret life of plants…all life forms experience pain - vegetables, fruits, trees, insects, and so forth.

it's all about minimizing the pain, which pertains to the karmic reality we are under.

but you have to dig to find out about all this, it won't be handed to you on a silver platter...

Last edited by veggieveggie; 07-07-2014 at 03:09 PM.
#43 Old 07-07-2014, 03:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
I'll say this, you should read the secret life of plants…all life forms experience pain - vegetables, fruits, trees, insects, and so forth.

it's all about minimizing the pain, which pertains to the karmic reality we are under.

but you have to dig to find out about all this, it won't be handed to you on a silver platter...
How does an unfertilized egg feel pain?
Tom, danakscully64 and echolove like this.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#44 Old 07-07-2014, 04:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessandreia View Post
I imagine the egg itself would not feel pain, but the hen that the egg came from probably suffered immense pain over a lifetime of being exploited for her eggs.
LedBoots and echolove like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#45 Old 07-07-2014, 04:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Oh boy, the plants have feelings too argument again.... And I thought only omnivores resorted to this. If I had a choice between eating a bunch of collard greens or white beans for my calcium/protein needs or drinking milk from an animal for calcium/protein, based on which one suffers the most, I think the choice is pretty obvious. I'll take the beans and collards.
Tom, amhappy1, silva and 1 others like this.

#46 Old 07-07-2014, 04:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
I imagine the egg itself would not feel pain, but the hen that the egg came from probably suffered immense pain over a lifetime of being exploited for her eggs.
Yes, but in that case he would be OK with people eating eggs from their own happy backyard chickens which he doesn't seem to be OK with.
silva likes this.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#47 Old 07-07-2014, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yes, but in that case he would be OK with people eating eggs from their own happy backyard chickens which he doesn't seem to be OK with.
And why care about the suffering of chickens to produce eggs but not all the suffering caused by the dairy industry?
silva, Naturebound and jessandreia like this.

#48 Old 07-07-2014, 05:05 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:

Everyone except you, that is.
#49 Old 07-07-2014, 05:09 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:

Well, human milk is better for humans than cows milk, so why not treat human females like we do cows and goats and keep them pregnant and lactating against their will, then kill them when they slow milk production, and eat them and make clothing and shoes out of them when they die? Oh, and kill their sons when a few months old. That's how dairy farms work.

ETA: hope you're not a dairy cow in a future life.
Tom, Werewolf Girl, silva and 2 others like this.

Last edited by LedBoots; 07-07-2014 at 05:14 PM.
#50 Old 07-07-2014, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator

You can keep only hens and they will lay eggs. Picking up the eggs will not disturb them.

You keep a cow (or other female mammal) you will not get milk. She would have to be made pregnant, and would produce milk solely for her baby. For anyone else to take that milk would cause harm.

I have no need for dairy nor eggs, but in the case of providing homes for rescues I see no fault in choosing eggs.
anole likes this.
#51 Old 07-07-2014, 09:00 PM

I really don't see the point of this thread.

You said you wanted to discuss the topic, but you are just degrading people for their personal beliefs. In my opinion, instead of belittling people for eating eggs, you should just be happy that they don't eat meat. It's a step in the right direction. Who cares about the label on it? If you believe you are the true definition of vegetarian, then good for you. Keep doing what you're doing - it sounds like you're really helping out the animal community. but so is everybody else who is not supporting the slaughter of innocent animals.

This is a community for supporting people who are on the road to bettering their eating habits, so let's continue doing that instead of getting caught up in labels and telling people what they're doing isn't "good enough" to share the same label as you. If you feel that way, you should invent a new label for yourself, instead of trying to take one away from thousands of people who are proud of it. I suggest vegetarrogant. It suits you well.
#52 Old 07-07-2014, 09:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I don't know why anyone thinks it's a vegetarian forum. It's an egg lovers forum.

silva likes this.
#53 Old 07-07-2014, 09:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
It doesn't, obviously.

#54 Old 07-08-2014, 03:39 AM
Veggie Regular

smells like a troll to me.
#55 Old 07-08-2014, 04:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbeckums View Post
I really don't see the point of this thread.

You said you wanted to discuss the topic, but you are just degrading people for their personal beliefs. In my opinion, instead of belittling people for eating eggs, you should just be happy that they don't eat meat. It's a step in the right direction. Who cares about the label on it? If you believe you are the true definition of vegetarian, then good for you. Keep doing what you're doing - it sounds like you're really helping out the animal community. but so is everybody else who is not supporting the slaughter of innocent animals.

This is a community for supporting people who are on the road to bettering their eating habits, so let's continue doing that instead of getting caught up in labels and telling people what they're doing isn't "good enough" to share the same label as you. If you feel that way, you should invent a new label for yourself, instead of trying to take one away from thousands of people who are proud of it. I suggest vegetarrogant. It suits you well.
there's this concept you may not have heard of before, but it's called the 'truth'.

the truth is this really weird idea that there's actually a fundamental way of doing things, and that particular way never changes.

that's because it's the truth. and the truth is usually a very simple premise or principle, but because it's the truth, it's usually very difficult to acquire, catch, or what have you.

so I'm operating from that perspective here, nothing else. just this simple idea - the truth.

most people, pardon the pun, can't stomach it. are you one of them? why should I congratulate members here for making a half-effort? How hard is it to not eat eggs? do I have to become a virtual avatar and hold all their virtual hands.

if you want to be part of an actual vegetarian forum, then the eggs have gotta go.

and that's the 'truth'.

so if your friends laugh at you for not eating eggs, tell them to too bad. If the baker asks you if you're allergic to eggs (I've heard that comment more than I care to remember) tell him, no, but I am allergic to stupid questions, and if your family doesn't like it, well, who cares? It's your life, no one elses.

that's what a vegetarian life is all about.

you should try it sometime...

Last edited by veggieveggie; 07-08-2014 at 05:17 AM.
#56 Old 07-08-2014, 05:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedBoots View Post
Well, human milk is better for humans than cows milk, so why not treat human females like we do cows and goats and keep them pregnant and lactating against their will, then kill them when they slow milk production, and eat them and make clothing and shoes out of them when they die? Oh, and kill their sons when a few months old. That's how dairy farms work.

ETA: hope you're not a dairy cow in a future life.
not all dairy farms work that way

some people look after their cows

ever been to india, the cows are sacred…most of the country is vegetarian, and they all consume milk, except the vegans of course.

so stop identifying solely with the ignoramuses of the world...
#57 Old 07-08-2014, 05:21 AM
Banned

if you plant an egg in the ground, will it grow?

obviously not.

so where's the nutritional value in that?

do you know what protein is?

how many people here actually understand what protein really is, and where we get it from?
#58 Old 07-08-2014, 05:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
two big words, 'cognitive' and 'dissonance'.

and the fact you put them together, well, congratulations.

anyway, I've been an actual vegetarian for over thirty years now, probably longer than you've been sleep-walking on the face of the earth…with all due respect, of course.

ironically, and some of you will probably find this hard to believe, I've never thought of myself as a vegetarian. I just simply started living this way, and later on, discovered that that's how vegetarians live, no eggs, no meat, no fish etc.

so, probably unlike most of you, I did this not to join a tribe or movement, but simply by making a personal decision to live a healthier way, physically, mentally, spiritually etc.

it's called discernment, and we have to work hard to develop it.
A genius is born, not made. Keep trying to develop the supernatural energies others have within themselves and you'll never attain them.

You are experienc(ing) cognitive dissonance nevertheless. If you didn't, you wouldn't try to argue with us while being hypocritical.

PS. Make sure you ask the goat for permission before taking her milk.
LedBoots and echolove like this.

Last edited by cobalamin; 07-08-2014 at 09:50 AM.
#59 Old 07-08-2014, 06:31 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
if you plant an egg in the ground, will it grow?

obviously not.

so where's the nutritional value in that?

do you know what protein is?

how many people here actually understand what protein really is, and where we get it from?
Obviously not, because eggs obviously aren't plants. Eggs also aren't flesh. Besides, if you planted a spinach leaf in the ground it wouldn't grow either.

The nutritional value of eggs is actually fairly high. Think about it: one egg has to contain all the nutrients that is required to make a bundle of molecules to grow into a baby chicken. Once again, nutritional value has nothing to do with moral.

Protein is a molecular structure, as any basic chemistry book will be happy to inform you. They consist of carbon, hydrogen, oxygen and nitrogen (sometimes other atoms as well) that have bonded into a structure called amino acids. These amino acids in their turn form chains, these chains are what we call protein.

Proteins are essential for living bodies to function. They are the "building blocks" of muscle mass, they replicate DNA, they form essential hormones and so on. As I mentioned proteins can have different structures, and different "tasks" in our bodies are performed by different proteins.

Some amino acids can be synthesized inside us, others can't. Those that can't are called essential amino acids and have to be consumed in our diets.

I'm sure that you as a vegetarian have read a bit about nutrition, and thus already know that most plants do not contain all of the essential amino acids. However, all plants contain some protein, and by eating a variety of plants you will get a so-called complete protein. Basically, milk is not the only source of protein if that's what you're after.
#60 Old 07-08-2014, 07:16 AM

Quote:
there's this concept you may not have heard of before, but it's called the 'truth'.

the truth is this really weird idea that there's actually a fundamental way of doing things, and that particular way never changes.

that's because it's the truth. and the truth is usually a very simple premise or principle, but because it's the truth, it's usually very difficult to acquire, catch, or what have you.

so I'm operating from that perspective here, nothing else. just this simple idea - the truth.

most people, pardon the pun, can't stomach it. are you one of them? why should I congratulate members here for making a half-effort? How hard is it to not eat eggs? do I have to become a virtual avatar and hold all their virtual hands.

if you want to be part of an actual vegetarian forum, then the eggs have gotta go.

and that's the 'truth'.

so if your friends laugh at you for not eating eggs, tell them to too bad. If the baker asks you if you're allergic to eggs (I've heard that comment more than I care to remember) tell him, no, but I am allergic to stupid questions, and if your family doesn't like it, well, who cares? It's your life, no one elses.

that's what a vegetarian life is all about.

you should try it sometime...
I am vegan, thank you. Yet I am not as self-righteous as you to try to look down on other people for their eating habits. If I was I would be here slamming you for not giving up dairy, because to me, that is a half-effort too. You're that kind of person that gives people like us a bad wrap. I think the way you're approaching this is all wrong, and if you actually wanted to help people be informed you wouldn't be such a jerk about it. You can inform people without coming off so incredibly annoying and aggravating.

and regardless of how smart you're pretending to be, you still cannot grasp this whole discussion thing. Whenever people give you new information about eggs you still play if it off as if you never even read it. Just restating the same stuff you have been over and over again without providing any new information to support yourself. We already disagree with what you've posted countless times do you have anything else to offer? or are you just going to sit here continuing to repeat yourself in a rude manner? because if so, this discussion really is useless.

so, for the last time... vegetarians can eat eggs, why? because when there is a coop full of hens, no rooster, they still lay eggs consistently. It is basically the same as a woman menstruating every month. That is our eggs being released from our bodies. From what I've been witnessing every month, tiny little human fetuses are not coming out of me but please correct me if that's been a huge oversight on my part. The hens have to release those eggs in the same way human females do. Those eggs can not be formed into chickens no matter how long they sit there in the eggs UNLESS a rooster had fertilized it before it was laid. If there is no rooster in the coop, those hens are still going to continue to lay eggs and those eggs will be nothing except wasted. They are not flesh. They are not going to turn into flesh because a rooster did not mate with the hen beforehand. I am fully against eggs and the chicken industry, but I'm also against your arrogance in the whole matter.

Again, continue doing what you believe in, but please PLEASE stop coming here to make other people feel bad for doing what they believe in and trying to play it off as the "truth"
silva, LunaCaelum, vear and 7 others like this.

Last edited by bbeckums; 07-08-2014 at 07:56 AM.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page