Why i hate Cities. - Page 3 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

#61 Old 02-08-2014, 11:59 PM
Veggie Regular

I live in the country and it is very beautiful however I live far from town and I do not drive and weather permitting I ride my bicycle everywhere .... I live near farms and the deers and snow bunnys leave prints in the snow before any human does Lol smiley.gif however, I will be getting my taste of city life in the fall .... When I begin college in the big apple .... I'm excited and honestly looking forward to it .... Will I get home sick ?probably, but I really won't know for sure till I leave ....
ilikekale likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 02-09-2014, 03:21 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavender phase View Post

I live in the country and it is very beautiful however I live far from town and I do not drive and weather permitting I ride my bicycle everywhere .... I live near farms and the deers and snow bunnys leave prints in the snow before any human does Lol smiley.gif however, I will be getting my taste of city life in the fall .... When I begin college in the big apple .... I'm excited and honestly looking forward to it .... Will I get home sick ?probably, but I really won't know for sure till I leave ....

I go snowshoeing off in the woods out in the country sometimes, and it is truly amazing how many different animal tracks are all over everywhere.  It opens your eyes to all the animals that live in the country and around us without us otherwise being aware.  

Best wishes with school in the Fall!  Sounds exciting!

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#63 Old 06-17-2015, 04:35 PM

I hate cities too. To me they're like open-sky warehouse, you're trapped between endless walls, you cannot see the sky in front of you, you have to raise your head very high to see it, it's grey and dirty all around, you don't walk on earth, there are no flowers, no grass, and very few trees, no wild animals, few insects. At least there are birds, they are the friendliest people I met when I studied in Paris. But in Paris it was a heartbreak to see pigeons because very often they were missing claws, or had other wounds because, I think, city employees threw nets on them at night to catch and kill them but some fought to escape.
When I walk in nature I receive good vibes, it's as if nature was perspiring serenity, in cities there is none of that the only thing that is perspiring is the evilness and selfishness of its inhabitants.
I love watching stars in a dark blue sky at night, in Paris it was not possible, there are no stars there, the sky always was a heavy blurry milky orange and it was impossible to see any star.

I am totally confused as to how anyone can like living in town. I agree with the person who talked about New-York city, it is sooo ugly, a real monstruosity, you need a telescope to just see the sky. People who live in cities like that spend their life not living a life, it's like living in prison. I used to laugh at people saying Paris was the prettiest town of the world, thinking this idea was copletely absurd but after seeing New-York on TV I realized that indeed Paris was not that bad, still I'd go for least ugly myself and only counting huge cities.

One thing that shocked me is when I came back home (in the country) in train, and I looked at the fields by the window, my eyes were blinded by their colors who appeared so vivid... my eyes were no longer used to colors. That was sad like that.

One strange thing about people who live in cities is you'd think they do beacuse they like the company of others but no they are just not even able to tell you what their neighbor's name is and are very nasty to each others.
Vegman likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#64 Old 06-20-2015, 09:09 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikekale View Post
I'm with you all the way. The ultimate "NO" is New York City. I keep hearing NYC is the ultimate place to live. It has EVERYTHING. Not for me. I can't even stand to drive through the place on my way to somewhere else.

No offense to anyone who likes such things but give me land and good health to be able to raise healthful food on it and I'm happy. You can keep all that other stuff. I could almost see wanting to be "near" some amount of shopping back before the internet, but these days you can have anything you need delivered right to your door.

Country is best. Suburbs can be okay. But cities, no thank you.

Ken
No offence taken. my life has been spent regional/coastal/isolated and having just got back from NYC, the variety, diversity, vibrancy, was awesome. Choice of food, activity,new stuff,different stuff really attracted me to city life.

Each to their own though, and the variables are endless for each individual but the mundaneness of country life can be stifling.
#65 Old 08-04-2015, 12:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
People ignore you even if you’re in trouble.
Headphones on, eyes forward: If you're in trouble, you won't get any help from me unless it's important enough to tap me on the shoulder or run in front of me. Otherwise 99% of the time, people want money, cigarettes, or worst of all, to strike up that instantly suspicious casual conversation that always goes bad.

"Hey, how's it going?"

"Yo, what's up?"

"Good, good, how've you been this fine evening?"

"What do you want?"

"Ah! Look at this joker *ghost nudge (physical contact may instigate a fight)* all business now! AHHH! Well, you see I need a couple dollars to take the bus home and I was wondering if you were in need of a wallet? I've got this wallet right? Great condition, genuine leather, holds all your cards, cash, and coins, won't tear on ya."

"I'm not interested."

"Look, see this wallet will last you forever!"

"I'm sorry, I'm really not interested, I don't even carry cash on me."

"Oh, well can I buy a smoke?"

( O_O)

To be fair though, you might also get the funny guy with the notebook who just wants to regale you with his "journey" of the past 3 days which manages to include drugs, his escape from custody, and his attempts to unmask a government conspiracy.

"Man, it was quite a journey. I'm on my way home now, I'll go to the police station tomorrow morning with that information, but now I've told you. You're only the third person I told this story to all night! And now I'm gonna write you down so that I'll remember that you were part of my grand journey too. I hope you have a wonderful evening."
#66 Old 08-25-2015, 08:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiyah View Post
I hate cities too. To me they're like open-sky warehouse, you're trapped between endless walls, you cannot see the sky in front of you, you have to raise your head very high to see it, it's grey and dirty all around, you don't walk on earth, there are no flowers, no grass, and very few trees, no wild animals, few insects. At least there are birds, they are the friendliest people I met when I studied in Paris. But in Paris it was a heartbreak to see pigeons because very often they were missing claws, or had other wounds because, I think, city employees threw nets on them at night to catch and kill them but some fought to escape.
When I walk in nature I receive good vibes, it's as if nature was perspiring serenity, in cities there is none of that the only thing that is perspiring is the evilness and selfishness of its inhabitants.
I love watching stars in a dark blue sky at night, in Paris it was not possible, there are no stars there, the sky always was a heavy blurry milky orange and it was impossible to see any star.

I am totally confused as to how anyone can like living in town. I agree with the person who talked about New-York city, it is sooo ugly, a real monstruosity, you need a telescope to just see the sky. People who live in cities like that spend their life not living a life, it's like living in prison. I used to laugh at people saying Paris was the prettiest town of the world, thinking this idea was copletely absurd but after seeing New-York on TV I realized that indeed Paris was not that bad, still I'd go for least ugly myself and only counting huge cities.

One thing that shocked me is when I came back home (in the country) in train, and I looked at the fields by the window, my eyes were blinded by their colors who appeared so vivid... my eyes were no longer used to colors. That was sad like that.

One strange thing about people who live in cities is you'd think they do beacuse they like the company of others but no they are just not even able to tell you what their neighbor's name is and are very nasty to each others.
well said! it is like a prison. as Veg*ans we claim to be more connected with nature. instead so many of us have the misfortune of being completely separated from it. we are evolving too fast. we dont NEED modern technology. if electronics were never invented we would be better off as a whole. so many lives have been saved and helped by modern science but so many more have been ruined as the cost. if people where happy with what they have then most of the world would still be plowing fields every day and living with there hands in the soil. and we would all be better for that . as Thomas jefferson once said~ "Agriculture... is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals and happiness."
Hawx79 likes this.

#67 Old 08-26-2015, 01:36 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegman View Post
well said! it is like a prison. as Veg*ans we claim to be more connected with nature. instead so many of us have the misfortune of being completely separated from it. we are evolving too fast. we dont NEED modern technology. if electronics were never invented we would be better off as a whole. so many lives have been saved and helped by modern science but so many more have been ruined as the cost. if people where happy with what they have then most of the world would still be plowing fields every day and living with there hands in the soil. and we would all be better for that . as Thomas jefferson once said~ "Agriculture... is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals and happiness."
I certainly don't claim to be "more connected with nature," whatever that means! I also think it's impossible to determine whether technology has improved more lives than it's hurt, but I would venture that it has. Something isn't good just because it's natural.
#68 Old 08-26-2015, 04:06 AM
Beginner

When viewed from space a city looks like a large canker sore on a large lush living ball. Zoom in and you can see the parasites all over the ball, but cities are the worst because it's an infectious concentration of the parasites!

Just my opinion of course, but rational. Have a fantastic human day!
Vegman likes this.
#69 Old 08-26-2015, 06:55 AM
Son of Jupiter

Send a message via Skype™ to Linky
Cities...huh. Well, I personally don't HATE cities, I've just grown tired of living in one. Everyday dealing with the same old same old. I live in the ghetto of Brooklyn, NY, so dealing with the local Hoodlums as well as the lovely city folk on a daily basis is just grand (eyeroll). The trains are also apart of my lovely routine and I dread every lovely trip.

The whole "Sights and sounds" of the city also get on my nerves. Too many people, too much noise.

Being a loner by nature I can't get my "Recharge" time while in the city, so I usually bike all the way upstate just for some me time. Nothing like finding a nice spot in the woods and just relaxing. ~_~

Anyway, I don't like cities anymore. Been living here since I was born and I can't wait to get out.
#70 Old 08-26-2015, 08:36 AM

The only good thing about cities are the hot chicks to be found there.
#71 Old 08-26-2015, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

Well designed cities could be ideal for most people. To be self contained for work, and home and everything else within walking distance, and bus/trains for trips out. Surrounded by parks, museums, schools and nature. Leave the countrysides for farming folk and plow down the suburbs and leave them to grow back into woods so the animals they poison can take back what is theres
I love the country- I prefer living in the city. I love the automity, the walkability, to be friendly towards my neighbors without having to feel a need to be friends.
I hate the suburbs with a passion. I abhor people who think they deserve to have a house built just for them, and complain of the animals eating their pricey plants. With their polluting lanscape equiment trying to manicure acres of land that's 'all theirs'. Driving hours every day just for the luxury of living their dream. Buying new and trashing old without thinking to see whos in need. Food spoiling every week tightly wrapped in plastic so they don't have to be faced with their sloth

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page