Unpopular Opinions: Version 2014 - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 89Likes

#31 Old 02-04-2014, 08:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by zingypeppers View Post

I don't know if it's unpopular, but there should be a helluva lot more regulation and education of driving behavior. I also think we should spend a lot of money prioritizing and building safety improvements to our roadways.

I look forward to self-driving cars, I foresee their use reducing fatalities significantly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 02-05-2014, 07:10 AM

I'd love to have a self-driving RV. Imagine the pleasure of reading and sipping your cup of coffee, perhaps even taking a nap, while being driven to your destination, across the country, somewhere in the Rocky Mountains. You could really enjoy the scenery all around you, instead of gazing fixedly at the road and traffic. Of course, if someone bumps into you, for no fault of yours or your car's, you're still going to be in trouble. A self-driving car should monitor all traffic, ahead, behind, and on both sides and alert a driver if things get dangerous. On the other hand, if every vehicle on the road had to be equipped--by law--in car-to-car communications, traffic monitoring and auto-pilot, even this could be prevented.

#33 Old 02-05-2014, 07:12 AM
Beginner

Overdosing is a good form of population control..
Contro and Scurvy Duck like this.

Dog, guts and guns..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 02-18-2014, 04:55 AM

Someone needs to start a news agency more conducive to internet arguing. Where you can pay a small fee to find out more details about a story to win the internet.

I think this could make good money.

#35 Old 02-18-2014, 08:24 PM
Beginner

There needs to be more coverage of social and sexual interactions with the Olympians..

Dog, guts and guns..
#36 Old 02-21-2014, 01:57 PM
Beginner

The Nuge is not a stooge

Dog, guts and guns..
#37 Old 02-21-2014, 02:36 PM
Veggie Regular

What is "the nudge"huh.gifhuh.gifhuh.gifhuh.gifhuh.gifhuh.gifhuh.gifhuh.gifhuh.gifhump.gif

#38 Old 02-21-2014, 02:39 PM
Veggie Regular

I love the look of leather clothes, even if I never buy them!

"Treat others as you wish to be treated."

- The Golden Rule

"No snowflake in an avalanche feels responsible."

- Voltair

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."

- Mahatma Ghandi

"Even dust piled up will grow into a mountain."

- Japanese Proverb

#39 Old 02-21-2014, 02:58 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't. REALLY bad experience with them. Stupid bike week.(so much leather. And it was like a month or two after being veg*n so....it was pretty awkward.)

#40 Old 02-21-2014, 03:02 PM
Beginner

Ted Nugent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaliaBeth1224 View Post

What is "the nudge"huh.gifhuh.gifhuh.gifhuh.gifhuh.gifhuh.gifhuh.gifhuh.gifhuh.gifhump.gif

Dog, guts and guns..
#41 Old 02-21-2014, 03:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Who is?

#42 Old 02-21-2014, 03:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I don't. REALLY bad experience with them. Stupid bike week.(so much leather. And it was like a month or two after being veg*n so....it was pretty awkward.)

As in, one long bad experience with a bike/bikes, or was it like a week of people biking?

- The Golden Rule

- Voltair

- Mahatma Ghandi

- Japanese Proverb

#43 Old 02-21-2014, 03:11 PM
Veggie Regular

As in a week in a normally eco-friendly town with motorcyclist. No vegetarian food options and a cranky 10 yr old.

Seriosuly? We went to the town the one week that it happened to be the most non-veg*n-friendly place when it's normally easy to find VEGAN options at restraunts?(yummy!--Love how I'm not even vegan and got all excited about some vegan menu items one restraint had.)

#44 Old 02-21-2014, 03:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

As in a week in a normally eco-friendly town with motorcyclist. No vegetarian food options and a cranky 10 yr old.

Seriosuly? We went to the town the one week that it happened to be the most non-veg*n-friendly place when it's normally easy to find VEGAN options at restraunts?(yummy!--Love how I'm not even vegan and got all excited about some vegan menu items one restraint had.)

Oh, man! How frustrating! You'd think a town like that would have more vegan options, not less!

- The Golden Rule

- Voltair

- Mahatma Ghandi

- Japanese Proverb

#45 Old 02-21-2014, 03:31 PM
Veggie Regular

YEAH.

I mean if you can walk into a restraint and practically be jumping out of yoru seat because there are actually options then there is no reason for it to be so irritatingly difficult.

But ti's ;ike that one week/year. I just don't eat at those stupid street vendor things.

As for the restraunts.......those vacations always end with me trying food I wouldn't have though to try.(black bean burger! My dad liked it.:)

#46 Old 02-26-2014, 09:27 AM
Beginner

Arizona is a trend setting state.

Dog, guts and guns..
#47 Old 02-26-2014, 10:08 AM
Zelda Freak

I pretty much detest "pretty" bright, sunny days. Not going go so far as to say I hate the sun, but usually I see it and cringe. 

veggie man and Rivfader like this.

~ Jennifer

* Find VeggieBoards:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 +

* Find me:
+
+
#48 Old 02-26-2014, 10:19 AM
Veggie Regular

I suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder I detest spring and summer months give me the dark days of Autumn and Winter smiley.gif
#49 Old 02-26-2014, 03:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavender phase View Post

I suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder I detest spring and summer months give me the dark days of Autumn and Winter smiley.gif

I hate summer, too. I don't do well at all in the heat - my blood pressure drops if I have to stand in the heat for more than 10-15 minutes.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

#50 Old 02-26-2014, 03:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Just saw a quip on Facebook from someone that celery is considered a "superfood" with magical healing powers.  LMAO.  For some of us it's simply part of our every day diet.  Remember when celery (and other "superfood" fruits and vegetables) was a staple?  You ate it in your salads and soups (some of us still do) or with something in it?  now people are so unfamiliar with fruits and vegetables that when they do discover them it's like this huge deal and they are going to cure everything.  Sad thing is a lot of people only see them as detox foods to be eaten for a week a few times a year and then they go back to the SAD.  It's nice that fruits and vegetables get a little attention here and there but I think labeling them a superfood is a bit over the top and a turnoff for some people.  It's what we are SUPPOSED to be eating anyway!

Ewe Nanny likes this.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

#51 Old 03-15-2014, 07:25 PM
Vegan Very Metal

I wish motor vehicles did not exist. There i've said it, and i don't care which silly buggers disagree with me.
#52 Old 03-15-2014, 07:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post

I wish motor vehicles did not exist. There i've said it, and i don't care which silly buggers disagree with me.

I'd agree if things were closer together here. We went to a town nearby and could not find cicilization for a while.

We'd see a building

Mom: there! Finally!

Me: Nope, that's barn. Forget it., There's nothing anywhere.

Let's just say if I saw one more goat I would have screamed.

goats are cute but when that is the only creature you see for a good 30-50 miles you will start to get irritated. Especially when you're late for something and as lost as a needlle in a haystack.{and no, that is NOT fun to try to find. It's funny to watch your sibling epixally fail at it, though.}

#53 Old 05-14-2014, 02:59 PM
Vegan Very Metal

Cool

Farting is great fun and should be encouraged greatly, especially at school where it can bring great mirth and merriment to boring, stale classroom debates. Not enough comedians make use of farty arse humour. There's nothing like releasing a squelchy, rippling thunderbolt, especially if it's in someone's face.
Tom likes this.
#54 Old 05-15-2014, 03:07 AM

I don't mind at all if the person sitting next to me on an airplane talks to me.
#55 Old 05-15-2014, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer C View Post
I pretty much detest "pretty" bright, sunny days. Not going go so far as to say I hate the sun, but usually I see it and cringe. 
I like cloudy days, dark cloudy days....a warm sunny day walk can be nice, but it can be depressing too.

When I see the clouds coming on the weather, I cheer up.

#56 Old 05-15-2014, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
Farting is great fun and should be encouraged greatly, especially at school where it can bring great mirth and merriment to boring, stale classroom debates. Not enough comedians make use of farty arse humour. There's nothing like releasing a squelchy, rippling thunderbolt, especially if it's in someone's face.
I think it should maybe be encouraged in the house of commons....add a bit more sophistication to their debates.

#57 Old 05-15-2014, 01:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blobbenstein View Post
I like cloudy days, dark cloudy days....a warm sunny day walk can be nice, but it can be depressing too.

When I see the clouds coming on the weather, I cheer up.
Another cloudy day lover here, sun can be nice sometimes but it's too bright and I don't like squinting like a mole person.

I also feel a lot more comfortable in the dark, my favourite part when going to the theatre is when all the lights go down. I'm instantly more relaxed and feel invisible.
River likes this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#58 Old 05-15-2014, 04:35 PM

I liked Beezus better than Ramona. There, I said it.
#59 Old 05-15-2014, 04:58 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

I love this thread, which is not an unpopular opinion.
#60 Old 05-15-2014, 05:22 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't like donuts, and pie. Actually, I don't like most baked goods.

"We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralphe Inge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page