help i need your thoughts on sexism - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-08-2013, 12:56 PM
Veggie Regular

hello everybody so maybe you've heard this before maybe

1-is that girls aren't supposed to stay late alone even if they after over 18 because they might get raped...

1-women aren't supposed to wear shorts bikinis....

3-women aren't supposed to date because they could end up pregnant 

now my thoughts for these are

1-just because there's a chance that someone could rape a girl it's not her fault that she can't go and live her life and even if a girls is inside someone could break in and rape her too

2-it's just not fair that men can wear anything and girls can't why not

3-every child girl-boy should be taught that you can  date bt should know the circumstances of having sex when your young that you could end up getting a woman pregnant or that a woman would could get pregnant and would not be ables to raise a child they should know that there are limits like you can kiss hug and talk and love bt sex is wrong when your young and unable to take care of a family

please i need your thoughts i need other thoughts that would make me relax about this and realize that equality for all is right not wrong

and please correct me if i am wrong about anything

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-08-2013, 01:27 PM
Veggie Regular

I broadly agree. But regarding number 2, I think there is a dress code for men also, maybe not quite as restrictive or judgmental generally, but a woman can wear "men's clothes" and get off lighter than men who "cross dress".

#3 Old 11-08-2013, 01:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by a Balloon a Balloon View Post

I broadly agree. But regarding number 2, I think there is a dress code for men also, maybe not quite as restrictive or judgmental generally, but a woman can wear "men's clothes" and get off lighter than men who "cross dress".

Thank you for your answers

#4 Old 11-08-2013, 02:08 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Women should not have to fear being raped - rape is ALWAYS the fault of the rapist. It does not matter what the woman is wearing, doing, or how late she stays out.

The only way a woman can get pregnant is unprotected sex with a man. Dating is not unprotected sex, therefore simply dating will not get a girl pregnant.

A woman (or man) should wear what they want. I find it highly sexist and stupid men can be topless in public, or around a house, while woman can't simply because woman have more adipose tissue around their nipples than men. I don't get it. Were all the same species and have similar anatomy, why women are body shamed doesn't make ANY sense.
leedsveg and sam alshebany like this.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#5 Old 11-08-2013, 02:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post

Women should not have to fear being raped - rape is ALWAYS the fault of the rapist. It does not matter what the woman is wearing, doing, or how late she stays out.

The only way a woman can get pregnant is unprotected sex with a man. Dating is not unprotected sex, therefore simply dating will not get a girl pregnant.

A woman (or man) should wear what they want. I find it highly sexist and stupid men can be topless in public, or around a house, while woman can't simply because woman have more adipose tissue around their nipples than men. I don't get it. Were all the same species and have similar anatomy, why women are body shamed doesn't make ANY sense.

i love you sweetie

thats kind of what i wanted to hear

River likes this.
#6 Old 11-08-2013, 02:42 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam alshebany View Post

i love you sweetie
thats kind of what i wanted to hear

What brought these questions up, Sam?

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
#7 Old 11-09-2013, 12:17 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

What brought these questions up, Sam?

it's just that i don't wanna blame this on anyone maybe i never heard them before bt 

bt sometimes i have this thing that i belive in something and then my mind would go asking questions against the things that i believe in and then i start to stop beliveing in myself 

and sometimes i ask people there thoughts to boost my thinking up 

Thank you a ballon a ballon :)

and thank you river :)

#8 Old 11-09-2013, 10:39 AM
Herbivorous Urchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam alshebany View Post

it's just that i don't wanna blame this on anyone maybe i never heard them before bt 

bt sometimes i have this thing that i belive in something and then my mind would go asking questions against the things that i believe in and then i start to stop beliveing in myself 

and sometimes i ask people there thoughts to boost my thinking up 

Thank you a ballon a ballon smiley.gif

and thank you river smiley.gif
This place is great for reinforcing opinions ;-) never stop asking questions.

Quote:
#9 Old 11-09-2013, 10:59 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

This place is great for reinforcing opinions ;-) never stop asking questions.

Thank you sweetie :)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page