Second US Presidential Debate - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-17-2012, 10:40 AM
Super Moderator

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/oct/16/obama-romney-second-debate-live

Did anyone watch this last night? All I've been hearing about all morning is Romney's "binders full of women" comment.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-17-2012, 02:08 PM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

I didn't watch it, but I too have been hearing all about the woman in binders thing. Plus seen lots of pictures:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

tumblr_mc0nztfBL31rj8amio1_400.jpg

korrakorrakorrakorrakorra
#3 Old 10-17-2012, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator

Gawd, he's so out of touch with with so many peoples reality!

The question linked to that comment was would he stand up for equal pay for all women. He didn't answer it, but went on about how he filled his cabinet as gov. with women he went to all lengths to find! I had to infer that giving women flexible schedules so they can get dinner on the table and take care of the kids was in loo of equal pay.

He skirted most every question, and gave a lot of half truths. Like when the president spoke in favor of making contraception covered by every insurance, saying Mitt was against it, Mitt interrupts with "I'm in favor of all women having access to contraception". Access, yes, coverage-no. And certainly not the morning after pill.

Same with immigration.

Here's a great ad done by Rosie Perez in response to his "I'd have it easier if I was Latino" comment:

http://now.msn.com/rosie-perez-blasts-mitt-romney-in-sarcastic-campaign-video

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page