Unpopular Opinions: Version 3.0 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#1 Old 07-27-2012, 04:56 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 1,189

Chopsticks should have erasers on the ends just like pencils.

Empty_Shell is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 Old 07-27-2012, 05:37 PM
Beginner
 
Contro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Shell View Post

Chopsticks should have erasers on the ends just like pencils.


I laughed at this.

Contro is offline  
#3 Old 07-27-2012, 06:02 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Move of Ten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contro View Post


I laughed at this.

Me too. 

Move of Ten is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#4 Old 08-04-2012, 10:35 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Move of Ten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,157

Airplane 2 is funnier than Airplane 1. Yeah I said it.

Move of Ten is offline  
#5 Old 08-05-2012, 04:05 AM
...
 
Blobbenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 3,936
Atheists telling Christians what they have to believe, is a bit like omnivores telling veg*ns what they can and can't eat.

Blobbenstein is offline  
#6 Old 09-21-2012, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator
 
Werewolf Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 16,664
Reading the stupid comments on articles is really entertaining. I ALWAYS read the comments.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Werewolf Girl is offline  
#7 Old 09-22-2012, 03:26 PM
Veggie Regular
 
kazyeeqen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blobbenstein View Post

Atheists telling Christians what they have to believe, is a bit like omnivores telling veg*ns what they can and can't eat.

Is the reverse true too? Or only that specific orientation? I think in general no one likes to be told what to believe/eat/wear/do/think...
kazyeeqen is offline  
#8 Old 09-22-2012, 10:26 PM
...
 
Blobbenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 3,936
yea, I really don't like being told what to think, or believe. I suppose most people don't.

Some atheists just want to set up a straw-man by saying that Christians must believe x, and then go on to say how believing x is ridiculous.

Blobbenstein is offline  
#9 Old 09-23-2012, 09:03 PM
Veggie Regular
 
kazyeeqen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blobbenstein View Post

yea, I really don't like being told what to think, or believe. I suppose most people don't.
Some atheists just want to set up a straw-man by saying that Christians must believe x, and then go on to say how believing x is ridiculous.

Logical fallacies are used on both sides of every argument all day long, I believe that.
kazyeeqen is offline  
#10 Old 09-24-2012, 03:22 AM
Veggie Regular
 
sigen92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 441

Something I believe that others seem to find utterly incomprehensible is that you can be overweight and healthy.

sigen92 is offline  
#11 Old 10-03-2012, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator
 
Werewolf Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 16,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigen92 View Post

Something I believe that others seem to find utterly incomprehensible is that you can be overweight and healthy.

I agree with that.

I like wearing black when it's hot out even though everyone is always telling me it's a bad idea tongue3.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Werewolf Girl is offline  
#12 Old 10-04-2012, 07:39 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Trippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 235

I hate the summer. It's too hot.

Trippy is offline  
#13 Old 10-04-2012, 04:24 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Crouton's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 421

According to some members on this forum it's an unpopular opinion to believe that's it's okay if someone is veg*n for their health, and not for ethical reasons. 

Crouton is offline  
#14 Old 10-04-2012, 05:59 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Sevenseas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 25,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crouton View Post

According to some members on this forum it's an unpopular opinion to believe that's it's okay if someone is veg*n for their health, and not for ethical reasons. 
I don't think those people would say that's an unpopular opinion; they just expressed their own opinion on it.

Personally, I prefer to see this issue not in terms of good vs. bad, either-or, 1 or 0. Even my own vegan lifestyle is not just "good", full stop. I still contribute to environmental destruction, I still participate in a fundamentally violent society. But being vegan is a very big and necessary part in embodying common decency towards other sentient beings.

Going veg*n for health reasons is a step in the right direction, but that doesn't mean there can't be any negative considerations, such as possible lack of political solidarity with the animal rights movement, or unawareness or lack of caring towards, or participation in, other ways animals are exploited.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

Sevenseas is offline  
#15 Old 10-04-2012, 06:06 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Pixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 5,658

I think you can be a vegetarian for your own health but it doesn't make sense to be a vegan for health as you wouldn't avoid wool, leather, fur, circuses etc... for health reasons.

 

My unpopular opinion is that I am so sick of reading how "bad" white bread/rice/pasta is for people.

Pixie is offline  
#16 Old 10-10-2012, 01:34 PM
 
holothuroidea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 320

Wesley Crusher is one of my favorite Star Trek characters.

 

I think candy is good for my health.

 

I think time outs and other contrived consequences are not good for kids.

 

OK, that should get me in plenty of trouble for now.


http://holothuroidea0.tumblr.com/

holothuroidea is offline  
#17 Old 10-10-2012, 04:53 PM
Veggie Regular
 
kazyeeqen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,595
I don't think summer is the best time to cut your hair short. Hair on my head has never kept me particularly warm, and I always wear a hat in the winter, winter is a fine time to cut my hair. veryangry.gif
kazyeeqen is offline  
#18 Old 10-10-2012, 05:05 PM
 
thatsright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: rhode island
Posts: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazyeeqen View Post

I don't think summer is the best time to cut your hair short. Hair on my head has never kept me particularly warm, and I always wear a hat in the winter, winter is a fine time to cut my hair. veryangry.gif

Whenever I shave my beard in the winter it gets extra cold on my cheeks lol
thatsright is offline  
#19 Old 10-10-2012, 06:01 PM
Zelda Freak
 
Jennifer C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Rainy Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trippy View Post

I hate the summer. It's too hot.

Ditto that. If it rained EVERY day I'd be so happy. I'm 100% anti-sun. 

 

Also, I hate public school. I think it's total nonsense and a waste of most kids time. 90% of my friends and family disagree. 


~ Jennifer
 
* Find VeggieBoards:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 +
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* Find me:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
+
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
+
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jennifer C is offline  
#20 Old 10-10-2012, 06:22 PM
 
holothuroidea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer C View Post

Ditto that. If it rained EVERY day I'd be so happy. I'm 100% anti-sun. 

 

Also, I hate public school. I think it's total nonsense and a waste of most kids time. 90% of my friends and family disagree. 

 

I agree with you. I remember from another thread that you unschool, and I think that's fantastic!


http://holothuroidea0.tumblr.com/

holothuroidea is offline  
#21 Old 10-10-2012, 07:12 PM
 
thatsright's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: rhode island
Posts: 374
I agree and disagree. I went to one of the best school systems in the country so I feel I got a decent education, but I can't speak for most of my friends who can't spell correctly lol
thatsright is offline  
#22 Old 10-10-2012, 09:34 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)
 
LedBoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer C View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trippy View Post

I hate the summer. It's too hot.

Ditto that. If it rained EVERY day I'd be so happy. I'm 100% anti-sun. 

 

Also, I hate public school. I think it's total nonsense and a waste of most kids time. 90% of my friends and family disagree. 

I love the steamy summer, and I love the rain. grin.gif

I agree that public school wastes an incredible amount of kids' time for the little actual learning that takes place. And the textbooks they use in our local school districts are deplorable.
LedBoots is offline  
#23 Old 10-10-2012, 11:55 PM
...
 
Blobbenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 3,936
I was home educated for a few years (8ish to 11) and I think I missed out of socialising..I'm glad I went back to school for secondary education(11 onwards).

Blobbenstein is offline  
#24 Old 10-11-2012, 06:05 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Trippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer C View Post

Ditto that. If it rained EVERY day I'd be so happy. I'm 100% anti-sun. 

 

Also, I hate public school. I think it's total nonsense and a waste of most kids time. 90% of my friends and family disagree. 



Woooo! More summer-haters!

The sun isn't what bothers me... it's the humidity. It can get up to 90% where I live, and it makes the summer feel like living in an oven. :(

I also think public schools need to be severely over-hauled. There were only a few upper-level classes I ever even felt like I had to study for when I was in public schools. Most of the classes weren't challenging for me, and they were too challenging for others, yet the school insisted we needed to do away with lower-level classes and honors classes. :|

Trippy is offline  
#25 Old 10-11-2012, 10:03 AM
Zelda Freak
 
Jennifer C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Rainy Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trippy View Post



Woooo! More summer-haters!

The sun isn't what bothers me... it's the humidity. It can get up to 90% where I live, and it makes the summer feel like living in an oven. :(

I also think public schools need to be severely over-hauled. There were only a few upper-level classes I ever even felt like I had to study for when I was in public schools. Most of the classes weren't challenging for me, and they were too challenging for others, yet the school insisted we needed to do away with lower-level classes and honors classes. :|

 

At least I'm lucky with humidity. There's not much in Oregon. When I moved to New Mexico for school, there was a lot more than I was used to and WAY more sun and it was miserable. But, the humidity made my curls behave better. In Oregon my curls go nuts :( 


~ Jennifer
 
* Find VeggieBoards:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 +
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* Find me:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
+
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
+
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jennifer C is offline  
#26 Old 10-12-2012, 08:32 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Trippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer C View Post

 

At least I'm lucky with humidity. There's not much in Oregon. When I moved to New Mexico for school, there was a lot more than I was used to and WAY more sun and it was miserable. But, the humidity made my curls behave better. In Oregon my curls go nuts :( 



I have curly hair, too! :D A small amount of humidity helps, but after too much they go nuts again and turn to frizz haha

Trippy is offline  
#27 Old 10-12-2012, 10:36 PM
Zelda Freak
 
Jennifer C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Rainy Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trippy View Post



I have curly hair, too! :D A small amount of humidity helps, but after too much they go nuts again and turn to frizz haha

No kidding. Looking at curls wrong turn them to frizz. I can get mine sort of straight, less ringlet like if I brush a lot, but then again, frizz. I have serious straight hair envy. Also, good luck finding vegan conditioner that works. Olive oil is pretty much it :(


~ Jennifer
 
* Find VeggieBoards:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 +
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* Find me:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
+
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
+
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jennifer C is offline  
#28 Old 10-14-2012, 09:18 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Trippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer C View Post

No kidding. Looking at curls wrong turn them to frizz. I can get mine sort of straight, less ringlet like if I brush a lot, but then again, frizz. I have serious straight hair envy. Also, good luck finding vegan conditioner that works. Olive oil is pretty much it :(



Ever Pure - the L'Oreal line is vegan. It works fairly well for me, but I still have to use quite a bit of conditioner.

Trippy is offline  
#29 Old 10-14-2012, 10:53 AM
Zelda Freak
 
Jennifer C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Rainy Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trippy View Post



Ever Pure - the L'Oreal line is vegan. It works fairly well for me, but I still have to use quite a bit of conditioner.

 

L'Oreal tests on animals though. I can't find a vegan, non-animal tested conditioner that works. 


~ Jennifer
 
* Find VeggieBoards:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 +
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* Find me:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
+
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
+
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jennifer C is offline  
#30 Old 10-16-2012, 08:45 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Trippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer C View Post

 

L'Oreal tests on animals though. I can't find a vegan, non-animal tested conditioner that works. 



http://www.peta.org/living/beauty-and-personal-care/Ever-Pure-The-Vegan-Line-by-LOreal.aspx

That one line of L'Oreal doesn't do animal testing. I'm not sure why they made a small portion of their products vegan, but hopefully the positive feedback they've gotten from customers and animal rights organizations will help them change their mind about their other products.

Trippy is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off