Mitt Romney Booed at NAACP on Obamacare - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-11-2012, 09:10 PM
Veggie Regular

I wonder if this is the reaction he was expecting? The comments on this are interesting.

Here's an article with a bit more info on what happened: http://news.yahoo.com/romney-booed-african-american-convention-154746580.html

Since it's Yahoo the comments are even MORE interesting wink3.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-12-2012, 01:01 AM
Riot Nrrrd

Quote:
I wonder if this is the reaction he was expecting?

Most of the analysts I've seen talking about it think he was expecting it. Something about the first 10 minutes of the speech being aimed at the people actually in the room, the 2nd 10 including the Obamacare reference being intended to appeal to donors and Romney supporters rather than NAACP folks.

Dave in MPLS / DISCLAIMER: I am not an actual rooster.
"It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness"
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 18002738255
#3 Old 07-12-2012, 03:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in MPLS View Post

Most of the analysts I've seen talking about it think he was expecting it. Something about the first 10 minutes of the speech being aimed at the people actually in the room, the 2nd 10 including the Obamacare reference being intended to appeal to donors and Romney supporters rather than NAACP folks.

Sooo, does that mean the speech wasn't really intended for the people in the room at all then? It seems like the reaction he got in the last 10 minutes would cancel out whatever goodwill he generated in the first 10 dizzy2.gif

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-12-2012, 04:59 PM
Beginner

This speech was meant for people that watched the news after the fact.

He is not going after the NAACP, he is going for the people that dont like the NAACP.

What better way to do it than to show the NAACP booing him. Hey, if they boo him, he must be alright,, right Bubba Joe?

#5 Old 07-23-2012, 11:10 PM
Veggie Regular

That is funny! He gave the exact same speech a few day before to a different crowd. I am not a big supporter of Romeny's but I will say this the guy is not pandering to every group he speaks before nor has he changed his manner of speaking or verbage depending on his crowd like some others have. I give him a little respect for that.

Then again at this point I would vote for the felon that ran against obama in the primary back east and got almost half the vote instead of Obama. I never thought I would see a worse President than Carter in my lifetime, I was wrong.

#6 Old 07-24-2012, 04:31 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

The NAACP usually has the Democratic candidate accept and the Republican refuse the invitation to speak. This time it was the opposite, although Biden will be addressing the group, too.
Edit to add: Found this quote from Romney that he gave the same speech as at his other campaign stops.

"Addressing a private fundraiser this evening, Mitt Romney made reference to his speech to the NAACP when he was booed several times by the crowd, telling supporters, "I don't give different speeches to different audiences." "I gave the same same speech," said Romney at the event, which was held at the Daly Mansion in Hamilton, Montana, and was open to a small group of reporters. "When I mentioned I am going to get rid of Obamacare they weren't happy."'
http://abcnews.go.com/m/blogEntry?id=16759376

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page