The Gay Agenda Has Infiltrated Comic Books! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-22-2012, 08:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh Noezzzz!

Quote:
Gay geeks are back in the spotlight with Marvel Comics's announcement today—live on the air on ABC's (owned by Disney!)The View, no less!—that out and proud X-Man Northstar will marry his longtime hunky beau Kyle in June's Astonishing X-Men #51.

I might be tempted to start buying comics again. Or at least eComics.

There isn't enough love in the Universe....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-22-2012, 08:39 PM
Veggie Regular

It's spread to DC Universe too...

http://news.yahoo.com/dc-comics-turn-formerly-straight-comic-book-character-210408369.html

Nec Aspera Terrent
#3 Old 05-22-2012, 09:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Well, I was trying my hardest to be straight, but these comic books are the last straw.  I can't fight the gay agenda.  :p

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-22-2012, 09:38 PM
Veggie Regular

I think DC will make Green Arrow gay; he's pretty gay already.

#5 Old 05-22-2012, 10:20 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm not up to speed on my comic books, so I don't know which characters have already gotten their New 52 treatment yet. But it needs to be Aquaman.

Nec Aspera Terrent
#6 Old 05-22-2012, 10:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Slippery slope. If gay super heros can marry each other what's to stop Harry Potter from marrying Megaman's robot-dog?

#7 Old 05-23-2012, 12:37 AM
Veggie Regular

If we let the gay superheroes marry the next thing you know the animals will want to marry.

1,500 animal species practice homosexuality

Slippery slope, people, slippery slope.

I am my own bad companion

#8 Old 05-23-2012, 12:53 AM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

I heard about the DC ones a couple days ago, but now Marvel too? Pretty awesome. But stop the presses! People had a big enough problem with half-black Spiderman when there were rumors he might come out as gay in the future (he's not). This'll be fun.

korrakorrakorrakorrakorra
#9 Old 05-23-2012, 02:18 AM
Veggie Regular

Man I miss comics.

The only one I used to get really was      "Astonishing Spider-man"

That was just an amazing comic. Sigh.

#10 Old 05-23-2012, 05:12 AM
Veggie Regular

I used to love reading Image Comics' Witchblade, The Darkness, and Tombraider.

I would love to get into DC and Marvel but I feel like I'm jumping into the middle of the story. Maybe with the 52 reboot, I can jump into DC.

#11 Old 05-23-2012, 12:24 PM
Riot Nrrrd

Quote:
now Marvel too

Northstar came out like 8 or 9 years ago.

Nobody has mentioned Archie Comics introduction of a gay student at Riverdale High yet. So I'm mentioning it.

Dave in MPLS / DISCLAIMER: I am not an actual rooster.
"It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness"
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 18002738255
#12 Old 05-23-2012, 02:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornsail View Post

Slippery slope. If gay super heros can marry each other what's to stop Harry Potter from marrying Megaman's robot-dog?

Where's vegkid and his photoshop when you need it? wideeyed.gif

#13 Old 05-23-2012, 02:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBravo View Post

I think DC will make Green Arrow gay; he's pretty gay already.

No way. Green Arrow dated Black Canary for years.

If any major DC superhero should be gay (or probably bi), it's Wonder Woman. Having grown up on an island with nothing but women, it's already been implied in past comics that lesbian activity was pretty normal there. But she's dated guys, including Superman, so I could see her as bi.

--Fromper

juggle.gif

#14 Old 05-23-2012, 02:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderRandy View Post

I'm not up to speed on my comic books, so I don't know which characters have already gotten their New 52 treatment yet. But it needs to be Aquaman.

Didn't Aquaman used to have a wife and kid? And a girlfriend at some point, besides the one he married?

But I'm not sure what DC is doing with their continuity these days, as I stopped reading comics years ago. If they're wiping their continuity and starting over from scratch again, then I guess anything's possible. But the characters who had long time straight relationships in the past, like Superman, Aquaman, and Green Arrow, seem like they should be left straight, as it's already a well defined part of their personality.

But then there's Batman, who has never actually had a successful long term relationship with a woman. I could see him as gay.

--Fromper

juggle.gif

#15 Old 05-23-2012, 02:50 PM
Veggie Regular

There is no gay agenda they should have their own things you know.

#16 Old 05-23-2012, 04:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Master View Post

I heard about the DC ones a couple days ago, but now Marvel too? 

The gay conspiracy extends everywhere!

#17 Old 05-23-2012, 10:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

Didn't Aquaman used to have a wife and kid? And a girlfriend at some point, besides the one he married?

But I'm not sure what DC is doing with their continuity these days, as I stopped reading comics years ago. If they're wiping their continuity and starting over from scratch again, then I guess anything's possible. But the characters who had long time straight relationships in the past, like Superman, Aquaman, and Green Arrow, seem like they should be left straight, as it's already a well defined part of their personality.

But then there's Batman, who has never actually had a successful long term relationship with a woman. I could see him as gay.

--Fromper

juggle.gif

That's the thing with the New 52 reboots. They're rebooting all the origin stories, starting from scratch. Issue #1 for each of them...

Nec Aspera Terrent
#18 Old 05-23-2012, 10:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_nut View Post

The gay conspiracy extends everywhere!

First they get the kids on their side through this trickery and the next thing you know they'll be demanding the same civil rights that we normal people have.

#19 Old 05-23-2012, 11:16 PM
Veggie Regular

I haven't been following these comics but Northstar is a mutant right? He's a Homo Superior not a Homo Sapien (no pun intended). And his boyfriend is a homo sapien. This makes them 2 different animals, a human and a x-man. If a human has relations with a non-human animal this is legally bestiality.

It's a conspiracy! The gay agenda and the overly affectionate shepherds are in it together!

#20 Old 05-24-2012, 05:17 AM
Veggie Regular

I really don't see what the big deal is anyway. I mean comics usually have PG content. They'll just show to characters holding hands. Big deal. Ho Hum.

This kind of reminds me of the lesbian craze the TV networks had (about a decade ago?) that gave a big boost to Helen's career.

Again, major yawnsville. Is that the best the entertainment industry can do?

Happiness is not the result of a mathematical equation comparing the good times and bad times someone has had. It is a state of mind.
-nomad888
#21 Old 05-24-2012, 11:49 AM
Veggie Regular

I was reading a gay manga the other day. I am surprised there are not more around.

#22 Old 05-24-2012, 11:58 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freesia View Post

I was reading a gay manga the other day. I am surprised there are not more around.

Yaoi -  as gay manga is called (at least with the feminine kind) is plenty to find, both on the internet and IRL.

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
#23 Old 05-24-2012, 03:55 PM
Riot Nrrrd

Manga featuring male couples produced for gay male audiences is known as bara. Bara is largely unknown in the West. Yaoi can also feature male couples but the audience is different (more the context of girls comics [shojo]). Roughly and oversimplified, bara is more like sex comics while yaoi is more like romance comics.

Dave in MPLS / DISCLAIMER: I am not an actual rooster.
"It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness"
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 18002738255
#24 Old 05-24-2012, 03:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in MPLS View Post

Manga featuring male couples produced for gay male audiences is known as bara. Bara is largely unknown in the West. Yaoi can also feature male couples but the audience is different (more the context of girls comics [shojo]).

Bara has, like yaoi, a tendency to go over the top though, it isn't like it's your average male in those comics. tongue3.gif

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
#25 Old 05-24-2012, 07:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropkick View Post

First they get the kids on their side through this trickery and the next thing you know they'll be demanding the same civil rights that we normal people have.

Giving all human beings the same civil rights?  Don't be ridiculous!  Next you'll be telling me that they'll want to raise families.

#26 Old 05-24-2012, 09:12 PM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

I've already seen someone complain about this "in your face forced LGBT acceptance"! Whoo! This party is rolling! Sorry homosexuals, comic books can have a male and female character with their tongues down each other's throats if they want, but just saying someone is gay is not allowed.

#27 Old 05-24-2012, 09:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Master View Post

I've already seen someone complain about this "in your face forced LGBT acceptance"! Whoo! This party is rolling! Sorry homosexuals, comic books can have a male and female character with their tongues down each other's throats if they want, but just saying someone is gay is not allowed.

Yeah, the "Million Moms" freaks are, well, freaking out over this, because it forces the idea that being gay is okay... rolleyes.gif

Nec Aspera Terrent
#28 Old 05-24-2012, 10:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderRandy View Post

Yeah, the "Million Moms" freaks are, well, freaking out over this, because it forces the idea that being gay is okay... rolleyes.gif

Well, being gay is okay, but it's gay marriage that is the true danger:  http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=2608#comic

#29 Old 05-24-2012, 10:30 PM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

But we have to think of the children! Making out with a lion is ok, but not the gays!

On another note, I forgot DC made Batwoman a lesbian.

Edit: Also

#30 Old 05-24-2012, 10:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post

Yaoi -  as gay manga is called (at least with the feminine kind) is plenty to find, both on the internet and IRL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in MPLS View Post

Manga featuring male couples produced for gay male audiences is known as bara. Bara is largely unknown in the West. Yaoi can also feature male couples but the audience is different (more the context of girls comics [shojo]). Roughly and oversimplified, bara is more like sex comics while yaoi is more like romance comics.

yeah it was bara i had. It was a very romantic story. I got it from the library. Had some kind of explicit scenes in there too, but only one or 2.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page