VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   The Compost Heap (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/17-compost-heap/)
-   -   Father of 30 wants help... (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/17-compost-heap/135574-father-30-wants-help.html)

Forster 05-20-2012 06:47 AM

...from the state in paying his child support.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...the-state?lite

Quote:
Desmond Hatchett of Knoxville, Tenn., doesn't deny fathering 30 children, by 11 mothers no less -- instead, he's pleading with the state to help him out with child support.

What is wrong with people?

a Balloon a Balloon 05-20-2012 07:02 AM

Well I imagine one guy on minimum wage would struggle to pay support to 30 kids, already giving half his wage....... so someone needs to help pay for those kids support.....

DropkickDisco 05-20-2012 07:03 AM

I seen this! It said something like, because he makes so little, that each kid might get like $1.49 a month, right?

It's crazy. Maybe if he could control his pork sword a little, he wouldn't have this problem.

vincent 05-20-2012 07:16 AM

How much does a vasectomy cost in the US?

Forster 05-20-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post

It's been a while since I priced them but factoring in inflation I would guess $1,000 or less.

Forster 05-20-2012 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a Balloon a Balloon View Post

Well I imagine one guy on minimum wage would struggle to pay support to 30 kids, already giving half his wage....... so someone needs to help pay for those kids support.....

Oh trust me I can guarantee the state is paying a crap pile supporting his kids already, he just wants to be able to keep more of his money. I give him props though... at least he is working.

Limes 05-20-2012 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post

A lot less than a kid. He should ask the state to pay for that too.

Digger 05-20-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickDisco View Post

Maybe if he could control his pork sword a little, he wouldn't have this problem.

Yes, of course no blame goes to the eleven hoebags that mothered the kids.

AlixJ18 05-20-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger View Post

If they even knew about each other.

AlixJ18 05-20-2012 09:22 AM

I think he should be forced to work 16 hours of every day with 8 hours to sleep or eat, and have to give 100% of his money towards child support, i really don't care if he has to sleep on a bench outside, he should have thought of that first.

delicioso 05-20-2012 09:27 AM

One can do a lot with $1.49. You just need to be creative. J/k

Someone should pay this guy to get a vasectomy, cause I doubt he's done. And, there ought to be a law...

Digger 05-20-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlixJ18 View Post

If they even knew about each other.

Oh they knew about each other and continued to have kids with him. Not saying it's all their fault, just that the blame should be spread evenly. Here's a news story from three years ago when there were only 21 children from the same eleven mothers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RTZk1y8iaho#!

a Balloon a Balloon 05-20-2012 10:05 AM

SHould only rich people have lots of kids?
Or is the threat to the nuclear family a hotpoint?
Or is it just irresponsible to bring so many kids into a world that already has lots of unwanted children?

danakscully64 05-20-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Oh, trust me, they're almost as bad as he is.

Quote:

Oh they knew about each other and continued to have kids with him. Not saying it's all their fault, just that the blame should be spread evenly. Here's a news story from three years ago when there were only 21 children from the same eleven mothers.

That video was from 2009, he's had even MORE kids since then, despite saying no more.

Quote:

Or is the threat to the nuclear family a hotpoint?
Or is it just irresponsible to bring so many kids into a world that already has lots of unwanted children?

Not even rich people should have 30 kids. It's not fair to the children who don't get their needs met, the tax payers who have to pay for them, and the kids who don't get full attention from both of their parents.

danakscully64 05-20-2012 10:17 AM

This guy could EASILY work 1-2 more jobs, easily. Instead, he's taking the time to have more unprotected sex and make more kids he can't take care of.

Digger 05-20-2012 10:21 AM

Well let's not kid ourselves, we'd be talking about thirty kids whether Desmond was in the picture or not.

There'd just be different sperm donors.

danakscully64 05-20-2012 10:29 AM

I wonder if STD's have been spread around this group. Obviously they're all having unprotected sex with the guy.

peacefulveglady 05-20-2012 10:35 AM

This is an embarrsement in my area I live in, I can't even have one or two or a handful and this idiot fathered 30 children carelessly , I think the slutty mothers should worker harder to provide for their children, it takes two to make babies.

danakscully64 05-20-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacefulveglady View Post

This is an embarrsement in my area I live in, I can't even have one or two or a handful and this idiot fathered 30 children carelessly , I think the slutty mothers should worker harder to provide for their children, it takes two to make babies.

It's harder for them because I'm sure they have the kids full time. He has the time to work more and doesn't. It's a cycle.... he doesn't pay, they can't afford daycare so they can work.

Wolfie 05-20-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Yes.

whisper 05-20-2012 03:22 PM

~~~~~

Wolfie 05-20-2012 03:27 PM

Or he could get neutered at the animal shelter and all his women could get spayed for under $100 each. I'd chip in. Cheaper than what they are costing the taxpayers!

Werewolf Girl 05-20-2012 04:22 PM

This is why condoms were invented.

I don't even understand how this happened, after you're going broke from the first 4 or 5 children wouldn't you, I don't know, stop having so much unprotected sex with so many people? I have sex all the time and don't get pregnant, thanks to a little thing called birth control

Poppy 05-20-2012 05:16 PM

I love his statement in the news video - "it just happened!" No personal responsibility at all.

vegkid 05-20-2012 05:26 PM

While they certainly shouldn't receive all the blame, I dislike how people are so insistent on keeping it the man's problem and not also a fault of the women. It's a good thing to treat everyone fairly, certainly, but it annoys me oh-so-much when everyone acts like it is always the dirtbag man who is destroying the lives of the dainty, innocent women who could never do anything wrong because they're women. To me, that's much more sexist than just admitting that they were one of the two contributing causes of this whole messy problem.

Wolfie 05-20-2012 05:34 PM

Hey, I want them all fixed.

vegkid 05-20-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post

Hey, I want them all fixed.

No, they don't need to be fixed, they're all very clearly working fine. I want them broken.

AlixJ18 05-20-2012 05:41 PM

That's if you trust his word that all the women knew, i'm not so sure i trust him to tell the truth.

fadeaway1289 05-20-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

This is why condoms were invented.

I don't even understand how this happened, after you're going broke from the first 4 or 5 children wouldn't you, I don't know, stop having so much unprotected sex with so many people? I have sex all the time and don't get pregnant, thanks to a little thing called birth control

Seriously!! Birth control is easily available in most areas of the country. I fail to understand why these people don't use it. Hell, even if they don't have access to a clinic or Planned Parenthood, condoms are a hell of a lot cheaper than supporting 30 kids and could be found in almost any store or gas station. I have no issues with stealing condoms if one is that desperate. I'd rather someone steal a box of condoms instead of bringing a child into a horrible situation.

And why the hell aren't people scared of STDs anymore??

vegan724 05-20-2012 06:08 PM

Condoms are cheaper than children. Much cheaper.