Father of 30 wants help... - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 05-20-2012, 06:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

Seriously!! Birth control is easily available in most areas of the country. I fail to understand why these people don't use it. Hell, even if they don't have access to a clinic or Planned Parenthood, condoms are a hell of a lot cheaper than supporting 30 kids and could be found in almost any store or gas station. I have no issues with stealing condoms if one is that desperate. I'd rather someone steal a box of condoms instead of bringing a child into a horrible situation.

And why the hell aren't people scared of STDs anymore??

Exactly. I don't care if consenting adults want to have a bunch of sex, but at least think enough about the consequences to use protection

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 05-20-2012, 06:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I fail to understand why these people don't use it.

I've heard the excuse a number of times.."it just doesn't feel the same"

Happiness is not the result of a mathematical equation comparing the good times and bad times someone has had. It is a state of mind.
-nomad888
#33 Old 05-20-2012, 06:52 PM
Contributing Member

~~~~~

‎"One meal, soon forgotten, in exchange for a whole life." Author Unknown
"Fur is worn by beautiful animals and ugly people"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 05-20-2012, 08:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post

How much does a vasectomy cost in the US?

I can't top this.
#35 Old 05-20-2012, 08:29 PM
American Made, Rebel Born

thank god he isn't black

cry havoc! and let slip the dogs of war.
#36 Old 05-20-2012, 08:52 PM
Veggie Regular

I wonder how many times this story has made the rounds on racist and nutbag conservative forums.
#37 Old 05-20-2012, 08:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by a Balloon a Balloon View Post

SHould only rich people have lots of kids?
Or is the threat to the nuclear family a hotpoint?
Or is it just irresponsible to bring so many kids into a world that already has lots of unwanted children?

On this forum, none of the above.

Nope, according to most people here, It's bad to have lots of biological children because it's bad for the environment. Seriously.

Has nothing to do with existing children who need homes, financial responsibility in a society without universal healthcare, or the increased likelihood of abuse neglect or academic delays statistically related to having more than two children. Nope, it's the environment.
#38 Old 05-20-2012, 10:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaineV View Post

Nope, according to most people here, It's bad to have lots of biological children because it's bad for the environment. Seriously.

Has nothing to do with existing children who need homes, financial responsibility in a society without universal healthcare, or the increased likelihood of abuse neglect or academic delays statistically related to having more than two children. Nope, it's the environment.

Not sure where you get that from, i've heard all of those reasons used on here by people other than your oh so holy self.
#39 Old 05-20-2012, 10:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

No, it's bad for the children who never have enough one on one time with the parents and having the older children raise the younger children (like in the Duggars case).
#40 Old 05-21-2012, 02:24 AM
Banned

Having a child is entirely the choice of the woman nowadays.

This position has been defended quite vigorously by a lot of the people blaming the man in this topic.

I am sympathetic to this guy for having had his gonads ruthlessly exploited by a string of serial 'self harmers'.
#41 Old 05-21-2012, 02:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beancounter View Post

I've heard the excuse a number of times.."it just doesn't feel the same"

Simple fact is that it doesn't.
#42 Old 05-21-2012, 04:15 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless Git View Post

This position has been defended quite vigorously by a lot of the people blaming the man in this topic.

I am sympathetic to this guy for having had his gonads ruthlessly exploited by a string of serial 'self harmers'.

He's the only one with 30 kids, so he's the one people are focusing on, for the most part. It has nothing to do with his being male. People are REALLY mad at Octomom and she only has 14 children that she can't afford to provide for.
#43 Old 05-21-2012, 07:07 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Simple fact is that it doesn't.

But is it worth fathering children you can't support? That's the point.

Happiness is not the result of a mathematical equation comparing the good times and bad times someone has had. It is a state of mind.
-nomad888
#44 Old 05-21-2012, 07:13 AM
Beginner

Quote:

Exactly.
#45 Old 05-21-2012, 09:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

This narrative you're promoting, the one that makes women the sexual gatekeepers, it has problems:
http://www.thecrimson.com/article/20...per-narrative/

In general, men rarely receive much criticism for the aftermath of unwanted/unplanned/excessive pregnancies.
#46 Old 05-21-2012, 12:05 PM
Veggie Regular

I think that all the women and the man are equally stupid in this case
The women kept going back to this guy and getting knocked when he had 8 CHILDREN IN ONE YEAR!!! And they kept coming back to him. Is he really that good in bed? Really? He must be an awesome guy. I mean i only wish that my bf knocked up 8 women in a year and then brought his dirty man parts back to me.
People are so stupid. And these poor children have to deal with the mistakes that there idiot parents made for he rest of there lives.
#47 Old 05-21-2012, 02:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I don't care how many kids people have, as long as I don't have to pay for them. Not my choice and I shouldn't have to chip in. Though I must say 30 is a bit insane even if you are filthy rich.
#48 Old 05-21-2012, 04:34 PM
Banned

Quote:

Well, very obviously, yes. It must be.

Is it worth fathering children you can support would be an entirely different question.
#49 Old 05-21-2012, 04:47 PM
Banned

Quote:

This narrative you're promoting, the one that makes women the sexual gatekeepers, it has problems:
http://www.thecrimson.com/article/20...per-narrative/

The article seems to simply lament that you can't have cake and eat it?

Quote:
In general, men rarely receive much criticism for the aftermath of unwanted/unplanned/excessive pregnancies.

Obviously. It isn't men that get pregnant.
#50 Old 05-21-2012, 04:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicioso View Post

He's the only one with 30 kids, so he's the one people are focusing on, for the most part ...

Mebbe they should focus on the fact that he never gave birth once in his whole life then?
#51 Old 05-21-2012, 05:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Mebbe they should focus on the fact that he never gave birth once in his whole life then?

What does the pregnancy have to do with it? Once the kid is out in the world, the parents are both equally responsible. He chose to have unprotected sex with those women multiple times, and yes, they chose to have unprotected sex too. Maybe he's a real charmer, and the women didn't care that he was getting around, but they still only had 2-3 kids each with him. That's a normal amount of pregnancies for a woman to go through. So, why are the women to blame? They're not required to keep tabs on how many other kids he's making, and shut their legs accordingly.
#52 Old 05-21-2012, 05:17 PM
Veggie Regular

The women are to blame. Also, the man is to blame.

End of story. Doesn't seem any more complicated to me than that. No matter who gets pregnant, or who did what, they all chose to have unprotected sex and they all suffered the consequences.

Enjoying the view over at http://forum.veggieviews.com/

#53 Old 05-21-2012, 05:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegkid View Post

The women are to blame. Also, the man is to blame.

End of story. Doesn't seem any more complicated to me than that. No matter who gets pregnant, or who did what, they all chose to have unprotected sex and they all suffered the consequences.

Unfortunately the ones that suffer the most are the children.
Waikikamukau likes this.
#54 Old 05-21-2012, 05:35 PM
Beginner

Quote:

Unfortunately the ones that suffer the most are the children.

#55 Old 05-21-2012, 05:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Both parties are idiots.
#56 Old 05-21-2012, 06:01 PM
Veggie Regular

It's one thing to f*ck up 2 or 3 times, another to f*ck up 30.
#57 Old 05-21-2012, 06:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limes View Post

So, why are the women to blame? They're not required to keep tabs on how many other kids he's making, and shut their legs accordingly.

Though they might think about keeping tabs on how many kids are popping out of their own uterus's and shut their legs accordingly. But that's a moot point anyway since I doubt the pregnancies were unintended to begin with.
#58 Old 05-21-2012, 06:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger View Post

Though they might think about keeping tabs on how many kids are popping out of their own uterus's and shut their legs accordingly. But that's a moot point anyway since I doubt the pregnancies were unintended to begin with.

I don't see any reason these women would intentionally get pregnant, specifically from this guy. It's not for money, or for his love. I'm sure there are better sperm donors out there.
#59 Old 05-21-2012, 07:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limes View Post

I don't see any reason these women would intentionally get pregnant, specifically from this guy. It's not for money, or for his love. I'm sure there are better sperm donors out there.

Maybe it's out of carelessness.
#60 Old 05-21-2012, 08:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_nut View Post

Maybe it's out of carelessness.

Wouldn't that be unintentional then?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page