Trayvon Martin Murder - Page 36 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

#1051 Old 09-13-2014, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator

I didn't say anything of the sort, not sure where you got that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1052 Old 09-13-2014, 06:19 PM
Veggie Regular

That wasn't a response to your post, just a general statement.

I always felt the strong support he got, both in terms of the money he was able to raise for his defense, and online groups like "Every neighborhood needs a George Zimmerman" ( REALLY?!!! ) was suspect as all hell in light of his history of violence. But I think it was an eye opening look into the minds of many Americans for me personally.

The fact he cannot seem to stop threatening people with guns despite being acquitted is just a baffling side note.

This nation needs almost as much therapy as he does.

Last edited by broccolichick; 09-13-2014 at 06:31 PM.
#1053 Old 09-14-2014, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

I actually deleted my first post, I said something negative about Zimmerman. That man is out of his mind crazy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1054 Old 01-10-2015, 08:31 AM
Tom
Veggie Regular

Aaand Zimmerman is in the news again...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...ault/21547875/

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.
#1055 Old 01-10-2015, 08:39 AM

If Zimmerman's arrests and incidents after this tragedy aren't indications of what he was/is capable of, I don't know what is.
#1056 Old 01-10-2015, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Aaand Zimmerman is in the news again...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...ault/21547875/
I hope everyone who was defending him feels deeply embarrassed right about now. The man is clearly a violent psychopath.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#1057 Old 01-11-2015, 03:56 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post
I hope everyone who was defending him feels deeply embarrassed right about now. The man is clearly a violent psychopath.
Would American citizens feel that his behaviour over the last year is sufficient reason to deny him his constitutional right to bear arms? If we were talking about events in the UK, I just cannot believe that the police over here would not take away from him the gun permit that he needs to have but I understand that things work differently in the USA?
#1058 Old 01-11-2015, 06:21 AM
Veggie Regular

Legal requirements vary from one state to another, for separating a man from his arsenal. In most states, and especially in most Southern states, he'd have to have been committed involuntarily to a psychiatric facility, or convicted of a violent felony. Neither has happened with George Zimmerman. None of his domestic assault arrests have resulted in convictions, which is usually the way it goes.

You've probably seen this before, but: If someone is divorcing the family breadwinner, such a conviction might render that person unemployable, which would diminish the person's ability to pay child support or alimony. Plus it's a hard charge to make stick. So once the batterer been booked and released pending further legal action, the abuse victim would typically be afraid of violent retribution. A lot of abuse victims feel much safer not pressing charges for that reason.

Also, if charges are pressed, it's one's word against the other's. The one who battered will say the other started it, the other one struck first, the other was out of control. Witnesses will say they heard them both yelling, etc. Perhaps they'd both been drinking. Once the police arrive, the battered partner might be unhinged and too upset to speak coherently, while the batterer is calm and assuring, with a "See what I have to put up with?" air and talks the police down from making an arrest.

Last edited by Joan Kennedy; 01-11-2015 at 11:05 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page