Rick Santorum ralley in Knoxville TN - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-29-2012, 11:47 AM
Veggie Regular

This gets me ticked what I am about to share and I am sure there is more.
Just as we speaking Santorum is at a rally at Crown College in Powell TN and its not the college part they are holding it in the temple baptist church , I thought I was going to be safe with that church but I am thinking that we should chance churches , but anyhow all he was saying was to get Obama out of office, repeal Obamacare, to outlaw abortions and to make people work that is relying on the government, he also said that he wants to eliminate medicare and public aid and other things, I am very disappointed a church will allow this in their sancturary and they were cheerying and clapping loud and other things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-29-2012, 12:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Outlawing abortion will create or save 3.2 million jobs. Repealing the Affordable Care Act, that's another 1.8 million jobs created or saved. That's 5 million jobs, people.

#3 Old 02-29-2012, 12:26 PM
Beginner

Just so you know USians, the rest of us have figured out that this is a practical joke aimed at us. You pulled it of magnificently, we were really worried for a while, we had to have a big conference to figure out if it was real or not but when the evidence was laid out it did become rather obvious.

Now if you want to tell us who's running in the real GOP primaries that would be grand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-29-2012, 12:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftiness View Post

Just so you know USians, the rest of us have figured out that this is a practical joke aimed at us. You pulled it of magnificently, we were really worried for a while, we had to have a big conference to figure out if it was real or not but when the evidence was laid out it did become rather obvious.

Now if you want to tell us who's running in the real GOP primaries that would be grand.

There is no real GOP people LOL they have one thing on their minds to get the dude in the white house right now out office.
#5 Old 02-29-2012, 12:49 PM
Veggie Regular

I really hope this guy gets the GOP nomination.

"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"

www.animal-adoptions.org

#6 Old 02-29-2012, 12:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post

I really hope this guy gets the GOP nomination.

He won't. It's fairly predictable. He'll do well in the Bible belt states, but poorly everywhere else. Romney will still be the nominee in the end.

Happiness is not the result of a mathematical equation comparing the good times and bad times someone has had. It is a state of mind.
-nomad888
#7 Old 02-29-2012, 12:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beancounter View Post

He won't. It's fairly predictable. He'll do well in the Bible belt states, but poorly everywhere else. Romney will still be the nominee in the end.

I know, but I can dream.

"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"

www.animal-adoptions.org

#8 Old 02-29-2012, 01:03 PM
Beginner

I take it you want Obama to lol his way through the general election?

Anyways does anyone actually believe that this is the best the GOP has to offer, I mean I know they're a garbage party but even McCain was more electable than any of these clowns. I really think that everyone who could beat Obama is waiting for 2016 so that they don't have to face an incumbent.
#9 Old 02-29-2012, 01:20 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm from Tennessee. He's leading in the polls here.

Yeah, I know.

Peacefulveglady, if you're tired of the Theocrats and homophobes like Santorum but you don't wanna quit going to church, have you considered a more progressive branch like maybe the Unitarians or something?

Tam! RUGH!
#10 Old 02-29-2012, 01:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh James xVx View Post

Yeah, I know.

Peacefulveglady, if you're tired of the Theocrats and homophobes like Santorum but you don't wanna quit going to church, have you considered a more progressive branch like maybe the Unitarians or something?

I don't know that type of church an never been in it, my churches where we moved from never don't this and its not right to hold a rally for a political person in the sanctuary, it should be focus of worshipping Jesus, preaching, Hymns and songs and helping the needy and community, I am more inclinded of a community church that seperates itself from the government.
#11 Old 02-29-2012, 03:22 PM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spang View Post

I had no idea it moved! Awesome.

korrakorrakorrakorrakorra
#12 Old 02-29-2012, 03:58 PM
Veggie Regular

LOL that picture is freaky moving, just like he was at that Church, blood boils.
#13 Old 02-29-2012, 04:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftiness View Post

Guess w're busted.

Keep on freepin' on

#14 Old 02-29-2012, 10:10 PM
Joe
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh James xVx View Post

I voted for Santorum yesterday in early voting in Nashville. It was basically the strongest way of voting against Romney. I don't favor either of them, but see Romney as the greater evil.

Oddly, although I was able to express my preference for Santorum, when it came to the part of the ballot where one would select delegates, there was no slate committed to Santorum, so I had to vote for an uncommitted slate.
#15 Old 03-01-2012, 02:18 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post

I voted for Santorum yesterday in early voting in Nashville. It was basically the strongest way of voting against Romney. I don't favor either of them, but see Romney as the greater evil.

Oddly, although I was able to express my preference for Santorum, when it came to the part of the ballot where one would select delegates, there was no slate committed to Santorum, so I had to vote for an uncommitted slate.

Just curious: I always got the impression you were either a Democrat or an Independent. Are you a Republican, or is there "open voting" in the primary in TN? (we just got that here in California, which I'm not thrilled about)

*this space not for sale*
#16 Old 03-01-2012, 06:32 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

Just curious: I always got the impression you were either a Democrat or an Independent. Are you a Republican, or is there "open voting" in the primary in TN? (we just got that here in California, which I'm not thrilled about)

Thats what I want to know I would be like Joe voting for Santorum to get Romney out, but in the November elections we are voting Obama.
#17 Old 03-01-2012, 11:13 AM
Joe
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Well, the question is: "What is a Democrat?" Also, what is a "yellow dog Democrat"?

I used to live in New York state. There you have to register as a member of a particular political party in order to vote in that party's primaries. (I think this is called a "closed primary" system.) So I registered as a Democrat. Big mistake. I soon found out that the *FIRST* thing they checked when I applied for any government job was my political party registration, and I could have gotten hired more easily had I registered Communist or Nazi than registering Democrat in Republican Suffolk County.

When I moved to Tennessee, I found out they had an open primary system. You walk into the polling place, and tell them which primary you want to vote in that day. It is totally optional, but you can pick only one per election. Over time, you are free to vote in any party primary you choose. So I often choose to vote in the Republican primary, because there is often nothing going on of interest in the Democratic primary.

BTW, I have given money to the Democratic and the Green Parties, never to the Republicans. I have only voted for a Republican candidate in the general election on very rare occasions.

I did vote, for example, for the Republican candidate for Governor in the race where the Democratic Governor had been offering to sell pardons to axe-murderers for $10,000 a pop.

See the movie "Marie" starring Sissy Spacek

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089555/

Quote:
What makes Marie's story extraordinary is that she discovered corruption in the parole system, and she blew the whistle on the grafters. As a result of her testimony, a [Democrat] Tennessee governor and other officials were sentenced to the very prisons they sought to control.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/...510180302/1023

or read the book of the same title by Marie Ragghianti.
#18 Old 03-01-2012, 11:20 AM
Joe
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Yellow Dog Democrats was a political term applied to voters in the Southern United States who voted solely for Democratic candidates, with the term commencing in the late 19th century. Due to Republican president Abraham Lincoln's leading the Union against the Confederacy, these voters would allegedly "vote for a yellow dog before they would vote for any Republican".[1][2] The term is now more generally applied to refer to any Democrat who will vote a straight Party ticket under any circumstances.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_Dog_Democrat
#19 Old 03-01-2012, 12:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh , we were registered republican and my husband still couldn't find a job in this state of eastern TN, however I am more moving around to be progressive Christian and views in this issue, i told my husband we have to since we are both considered disabled, I would like to get into a career in future anyhow of something of Vegan or something so I am looking unto that . Its doing me good and I am feeling better when i turned progressive.
#20 Old 03-03-2012, 10:07 AM
Veggie Regular

The one and only time I ever voted for a Republican was for the (strangely) partisan office of Sheriff for Los Angeles County. The longtime Democratic incumbent had died suddenly two weeks before the election, and it was too late to take his name off the ballot or find a replacement candidate. Since there's no way I would vote for a dead guy, I voted for the one still breathing. I kind of regret it now. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Baca

*this space not for sale*
#21 Old 03-03-2012, 10:08 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

The one and only time I ever voted for a Republican was for the (strangely) partisan office of Sheriff for Los Angeles County. The longtime Democratic incumbent had died suddenly two weeks before the election, and it was too late to take his name off the ballot or find a replacement candidate. Since there's no way I would vote for a dead guy, I voted for the one still breathing. I kind of regret it now. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Baca

How could you pass up the epicness of voting a dead guy in, lol.
#22 Old 03-03-2012, 10:35 AM
Veggie Regular

I don't understand why a politician would choose to go after the evangelical vote. they have very high expectations, and after Bush Jr, I think they are very weary of politicians in general.

Happiness is not the result of a mathematical equation comparing the good times and bad times someone has had. It is a state of mind.
-nomad888
#23 Old 03-03-2012, 10:56 AM
Veggie Regular

Well they did have enough swing to get Bush into office.
#24 Old 03-03-2012, 11:30 AM
Ex-*****

Isn't there something in US law about churches losing their tax exempt status if they hold political rallies on their premises?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster View Post

Well they did have enough swing to get Bush into office.

Not on their own, I don't think.

I no longer post here after VB was sold in 2012. (See my profile page for details.)
#25 Old 03-03-2012, 12:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Summer View Post

Isn't there something in US law about churches losing their tax exempt status if they hold political rallies on their premises?

Yes! I think the OP should notify the authorities...

-nomad888
#26 Old 03-03-2012, 12:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Since its a popular church I might be too late , people might've pounced on it. Look up Crown College Powell TN
#27 Old 03-03-2012, 01:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacefulveglady View Post

Since its a popular church I might be too late , people might've pounced on it. Look up Crown College Powell TN

Maybe, but it can't hurt to have one more person bring up the issue.

-nomad888
#28 Old 03-03-2012, 02:46 PM
Veggie Regular

For the local elections, especially for the school board and things like that, I either vote "None of the above" or write my own name in. Either of those options would be preferable to theocrats who won't teach evolution or who bully gay kids to death like they do in my home town. (RIP, fella. You weren't a friend but you were a friend of a friend and that's good enough for me.)

Tam! RUGH!
#29 Old 03-12-2012, 11:22 PM
Veggie Regular

#30 Old 03-13-2012, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

I can't believe that's real.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page