quantum jumping - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#1 Old 02-25-2012, 12:53 PM
Veggie Regular
 
SkepticalVegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 753
not sure if other are seeing the same ads as I am on top of the site here but I just noticed on of the ads is for "quantum jumping" which im a little familiar with.

So for those who havnt heard of this thing, it is basically a scam that involves paying a couple hundred dollars to learn how to project yourself into alternate dimensions in order to learn new skill and information for...YOURSELF (albeit a alternate dimension version, perhaps with a mustache and goatee)

here are few quotes from their page
Quote:
"Now imagine what you could accomplish if you could somehow tap into these alternate universes to meet and learn from these alternate versions of yourself. Imagine the wisdom youd learn. The opportunities youd recognize, the skills youd acquire, and the pitfalls youd know to avoid".

"By meeting these alternate selves, youd essentially be tapping into an endless universal sea of knowledge and experience. But how, might you be asking, does one access these alternate realities? Thats where Quantum Jumping comes in".

"The answer is that all physical matter is the result of particles vibrating at a certain frequency. A frequency that if you alter, change or amplify in any way, you change your physical and current reality".

"If Quantum Theory is correct, it implies that to change your current reality, all you need to do is change the frequency of your thoughts."

and here is a skeptical podcast that has a segment talking about it

No gods, No masters, No woo, No whey! Ⓥ
Read my blog and be skeptical not susceptible
http://skepticalvegan.wordpress.com/
SkepticalVegan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 Old 02-25-2012, 01:01 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Scorpius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Pluto (the planet)
Posts: 6,741
I did this once*!

But all I needed was a bottle of cough syrup and some Pink Floyd albums.



*I lied I've done that more than once.

"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"


www.animal-adoptions.org

Scorpius is offline  
#3 Old 02-25-2012, 03:49 PM
Veggie Regular
 
paisleyjane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,209
Quote:
"The answer is that all physical matter is the result of particles vibrating at a certain frequency. A frequency that if you alter, change or amplify in any way, you change your physical and current reality".
"If Quantum Theory is correct, it implies that to change your current reality, all you need to do is change the frequency of your thoughts."

Well, yes... actions are thoughts manifested, so we can change our realities by changing our thoughts. It's the Law of Attraction.
People don't need to pour money into this, they can just watch The Secret or any other Law of Attraction documentaries. Much cheaper.

If you need to visualize yourself receiving information from an alternate version of yourself in order to create a happier life, go for it
paisleyjane is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#4 Old 02-25-2012, 05:28 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Kibbleforlola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post

I did this once*!

But all I needed was a bottle of cough syrup and some Pink Floyd albums



*I lied I've done that more than once.

Cough syrup is whack. Cough syrup is cheap.* Invest in some good psychedelics.

*Too soon?

Who needs sleep when we've got love?
Who needs keys when we've got clubs?
Who needs please when we've got guns?
Who needs peace when we've gone above?
Kibbleforlola is offline  
#5 Old 02-25-2012, 05:34 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Sevenseas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 25,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by paisleyjane View Post

Well, yes... actions are thoughts manifested, so we can change our realities by changing our thoughts. It's the Law of Attraction.

Yes, I can change the reality of a peanut butter jar's location by changing my thoughts into wanting peanut butter, and thereby altering whether I do the action of getting the PB jar out of the fridge. This, however, is no law of attraction, it's just common sense.

Anything going radically beyond that, however -- such as getting rich by focusing your thoughts on the visual image of having a lot of money -- is nonsense.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

Sevenseas is offline  
#6 Old 02-25-2012, 06:07 PM
Veggie Regular
 
paisleyjane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

Yes, I can change the reality of a peanut butter jar's location by changing my thoughts into wanting peanut butter, and thereby altering whether I do the action of getting the PB jar out of the fridge. This, however, is no law of attraction, it's just common sense.

Anything going radically beyond that, however -- such as getting rich by focusing your thoughts on the visual image of having a lot of money -- is nonsense.

I agree with you 100%!
My understanding of the Law of Attraction looks like this:

If you visualize yourself having something (for example, love, weight loss, an abundance of money), but you take no actions to work towards it, it will not happen. You need to visulize what it is you are asking for and then make sure your actions are mirroring what you expect to receive.

I remember watching the movie "The Secret" and being frustrated, because they show silly examples, like a little boy looking at a picture of a bike, and then the bike being given to him by his grandpa. (What they DON'T show is the kid asking for the bike, and working a bunch of chores to get it). They also show someone dreaming of money and then cheques showing up in the mail. Sorry - not how it works!! The key is to hold your vision and work towards it.

And like I said, if people need to visualize themselves "quantum jumping" into a parallel universe in order to gain information (or, more likely, manifest an inspired thought), then good for them. Too bad they are spending money to do it.
paisleyjane is offline  
#7 Old 02-25-2012, 08:35 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Josh James xVx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,097
Wouldn't I logically just not exist in most mirror Universes?

I mean, look at all the biological variation that can happen from generation to generation. I was competing with 250 million other sperm cells. So were both my parents, and theirs, all the way back to Abiogenesis.

Tam! RUGH!
Josh James xVx is offline  
#8 Old 02-26-2012, 02:15 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Beancounter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 3,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

Yes, I can change the reality of a peanut butter jar's location by changing my thoughts into wanting peanut butter, and thereby altering whether I do the action of getting the PB jar out of the fridge. This, however, is no law of attraction, it's just common sense.

Anything going radically beyond that, however -- such as getting rich by focusing your thoughts on the visual image of having a lot of money -- is nonsense.

I agree, but I think in general it falls in line with "the power of positive thinking". Just that if you "train" yourself to constantly find the positive, or think about positive outcomes, you are more likely to be inclined toward achieving your (realistic) goals.

But yea, no sense in paying $$ for new age BS...

Happiness is not the result of a mathematical equation comparing the good times and bad times someone has had. It is a state of mind.
-nomad888
Beancounter is offline  
#9 Old 02-26-2012, 04:58 PM
Beanitarian
 
imagineaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,002
LOL. I don't think I'd want to meet alternate selves.

Yeah, I get the oddest contextual ads on this forum. Obviously either quantum jumping or chakras are radioactive, thus the ad for radiation protection.

EHM Nano Wand Zero Point allthingshealthy1.com
100% Genuine & online registration ON SALE Zero Point Energy Nano Wand Register Today www.osa.org/qim

Quantum Information & Measurement 19-21 March 2012, Berlin, Germany

Ready to Heal Yourself? www.SilvaMindBodyHealing.com
If You Truly Want to Heal Yourself Download This Free Healing Exercise

3-Minute Chakra Test www.ChakraHealing.com
Take the Free Chakra Test to Find Out Which of Your Chakras Are Weak

Principles of physics 9 Cramster.com/Halliday
Principles of Physics 9th Edition Solutions. View Free!

What is Quantum Jumping? www.QuantumJumping.com
Discover Why Thousands of People are "Jumping" to Change Their Life

Radiation Protection www.westkentucky.kctcs.edu
Work in Radiation Protection. 100% online degree offered at WKCTC

Beanitarian.
imagineaa is offline  
#10 Old 02-26-2012, 05:29 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Snowcone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Your Mother's basement.
Posts: 2,587
I prefer Quantum Leaping, myself.

"A-yup. Ya wasted yer life, son"

- Old Man
Snowcone is offline  
#11 Old 02-26-2012, 05:29 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,861
By very strange coincidence none of my alternative selves from other dimensions has ever paid me a visit.
Clueless Git is offline  
#12 Old 02-26-2012, 05:38 PM
Veggie Regular
 
vegkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: In the depths of N'Kai
Posts: 3,910
Don't you just love it when conspiracy dorks disguise their findings as science?

Enjoying the view over at http://forum.veggieviews.com/

vegkid is offline  
#13 Old 02-26-2012, 07:04 PM
Veggie Regular
 
ElaineV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowcone View Post

I prefer Quantum Leaping, myself.

Me, too. Oh boy...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbt-xpwTE3k
ElaineV is offline  
#14 Old 02-26-2012, 09:12 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,430
deleted
Beetlejuice is offline  
#15 Old 02-26-2012, 10:19 PM
...
 
Blobbenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 3,936
you can quantum leap by putting on a dress....(if you are a man)

Blobbenstein is offline  
#16 Old 02-27-2012, 12:01 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 248
Quantum tunnelling anyone?

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikiped...tum_tunnelling

Eat Your Vegetables
Tangle is offline  
#17 Old 02-27-2012, 07:16 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Josh James xVx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh James xVx View Post

Wouldn't I logically just not exist in most mirror Universes?

I mean, look at all the biological variation that can happen from generation to generation. I was competing with 250 million other sperm cells. So were both my parents, and theirs, all the way back to Abiogenesis.


^ Nobody wants to tackle that part of the equation?

I thought it was a really good point.

Imagine all universes start more or less the same - a huge assumption in and of itself. What are the odds the Milky Way Galaxy as we know it actually forms at all in most of them? What are the odds this specific solar system forms as it is? Or even close? What are the odds the Earth forms just the right distance from the Sun to support water? What are the odds that assuming water exists that organic molecules form into life? What are the odds that, assuming life forms, it evolves beyond a single celled stage? etc, etc, etc until Hominids, and even when your reach the Family of animals we're in, what are the odds Homo Sapiens specifically out of all the rich variety of early Hominids survives and flourishes? And if our species does... well, you have 200,000 years between the earliest modern Humans and any of us, so you have thousands of generations..no, tens of thousands of generations where the exact correct people have to meet, and the exact correct sperm has to fertilize the exact correct egg every single time.

Do you have any concept of how astronomically tiny the odds are any of us actually exist at all in even one Universe? It truly boggles the mind. The number of Universes would have to be infinite in every conceivable definition of the word for there to be even two of me. I don't think the human brain evolved to fully grasp a concept like that.... not just infinity itself but an infinity of infinities. Like...every 23 millionth of a second, time possibly splits into two completely different paths. How many times could some of us died already in our lives? It's like a tree that continues to split into smaller and smaller branches and never stops, ever. This is why I have migraines sometimes. THE VOICES WON'T SHUT UP, EVER.

Tam! RUGH!
Josh James xVx is offline  
#18 Old 02-27-2012, 07:21 PM
Veggie Regular
 
vegkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: In the depths of N'Kai
Posts: 3,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh James xVx View Post

^ Nobody wants to tackle that part of the equation?

I thought it was a really good point.

Imagine all universes start more or less the same - a huge assumption in and of itself. What are the odds the Milky Way Galaxy as we know it actually forms at all in most of them? What are the odds this specific solar system forms as it is? Or even close? What are the odds the Earth forms just the right distance from the Sun to support water? What are the odds that assuming water exists that organic molecules form into life? What are the odds that, assuming life forms, it evolves beyond a single celled stage? etc, etc, etc until Hominids, and even when your reach the Family of animals we're in, what are the odds Homo Sapiens specifically out of all the rich variety of early Hominids survives and flourishes? And if our species does... well, you have 200,000 years between the earliest modern Humans and any of us, so you have thousands of generations..no, tens of thousands of generations where the exact correct people have to meet, and the exact correct sperm has to fertilize the exact correct egg every single time.

Do you have any concept of how astronomically tiny the odds are any of us actually exist at all in even one Universe? It truly boggles the mind. The number of Universes would have to be infinite in every conceivable definition of the word for there to be even two of me. I don't think the human brain evolved to fully grasp a concept like that.... not just infinity itself but an infinity of infinities. Like...every 23 millionth of a second, time possibly splits into two completely different paths. How many times could some of us died already in our lives? It's like a tree that continues to split into smaller and smaller branches and never stops, ever. This is why I have migraines sometimes. THE VOICES WON'T SHUT UP, EVER.

I think that if anything, it's even more complex than this. Some people claim that every time a choice is made, an alternate universe is created to house the other choice. I think it works like this, except with every conceivable physically possible thing in existence happening at exactly the same time in different universes. Down to the very atoms of everything. Every atom.

This is of course why time travel could be used to change the future/past/present, because one could simply travel along the temporal fractal that houses their preferred outcome.

But this is just my idea, and I sincerely doubt we'll ever find out if it's right or wrong or not. All the same, I certainly wouldn't attempt to market it as some kind of New Age therapy.

Enjoying the view over at http://forum.veggieviews.com/

vegkid is offline  
#19 Old 02-27-2012, 07:32 PM
Veggie Regular
 
SkepticalVegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 753
Quote:
^ Nobody wants to tackle that part of the equation?

I thought it was a really good point.

Actually I saw it as a non-issue if you actually accpet their version of other universes. If there really is a different universe for every conceivable combination of not just atoms but there the quantum state of subatomic particles then there will indeed be many universes that you will not exist in, but the sheer number of universes in total means that you will still have millions or more alternative selves to talk to.

No gods, No masters, No woo, No whey! Ⓥ
Read my blog and be skeptical not susceptible
http://skepticalvegan.wordpress.com/
SkepticalVegan is offline  
#20 Old 02-27-2012, 09:45 PM
Veggie Regular
 
nogardsram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh James xVx View Post

^ Nobody wants to tackle that part of the equation?

I thought it was a really good point.

It's an interesting point, but I'd say it's speculation. Mirror universes are the stuff of sci-fi, not science.

Not that it's bad to speculation, just that I have no starting point other than a multitude of assumptions, many without any foundation.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh James xVx View Post

The number of Universes would have to be infinite in every conceivable definition of the word for there to be even two of me. I don't think the human brain evolved to fully grasp a concept like that.... not just infinity itself but an infinity of infinities.

If the universe is infinite, with infinite actions and possibilities, and there are alternate 'mirror universes' which somehow hinge on these infinite possibilities, it seems to stand to reason that there would be an infinite number of you. There would also be an infinite number of universes where you did not exist.

I believe everything.
nogardsram is offline  
#21 Old 02-27-2012, 09:57 PM
Veggie Regular
 
kazyeeqen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogardsram View Post

If the universe is infinite, with infinite actions and possibilities, and there are alternate 'mirror universes' which somehow hinge on these infinite possibilities, it seems to stand to reason that there would be an infinite number of you. There would also be an infinite number of universes where you did not exist.

You're just proving my point that infinity is ****ing awesome!
kazyeeqen is offline  
#22 Old 02-28-2012, 02:58 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Move of Ten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbleforlola View Post


Cough syrup is whack.

No wai.
Move of Ten is offline  
#23 Old 02-28-2012, 03:01 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Move of Ten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazyeeqen View Post

You're just proving my point that infinity is ****ing awesome!

Infinity sux!!

*contrarian mode cornsail*
Move of Ten is offline  
#24 Old 02-28-2012, 08:27 AM
Veggie Regular
 
kazyeeqen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornsail View Post

Infinity sux!!

*contrarian mode cornsail*

It does! Infinitely!

Also infinitely awesome!
kazyeeqen is offline  
#25 Old 02-28-2012, 08:31 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Snowcone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Your Mother's basement.
Posts: 2,587
To infinity and beyond!


Am I fitting in yet?

"A-yup. Ya wasted yer life, son"

- Old Man
Snowcone is offline  
#26 Old 02-28-2012, 08:33 AM
Veggie Regular
 
kazyeeqen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowcone View Post

To infinity and beyond!


Am I fitting in yet?

Have you ever transcended space and time?
kazyeeqen is offline  
#27 Old 02-28-2012, 08:34 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Scorpius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Pluto (the planet)
Posts: 6,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazyeeqen View Post

Have you ever transcended space and time?

Yah, but I used cough syrup. Walt Whitman did too.

"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"


www.animal-adoptions.org

Scorpius is offline  
#28 Old 02-28-2012, 08:36 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Snowcone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Your Mother's basement.
Posts: 2,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazyeeqen View Post

Have you ever transcended space and time?

Yes. No. Uh, time, not space...

"A-yup. Ya wasted yer life, son"

- Old Man
Snowcone is offline  
#29 Old 02-28-2012, 12:41 PM
Veggie Regular
 
vegkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: In the depths of N'Kai
Posts: 3,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazyeeqen View Post

Have you ever transcended space and time?

I have. It's called sleeping.

Enjoying the view over at http://forum.veggieviews.com/

vegkid is offline  
#30 Old 02-28-2012, 01:02 PM
Veggie Regular
 
das_nut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 8,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegkid View Post

I have. It's called sleeping.

So do you sleep walk or did you fall out of bed while sleeping?
das_nut is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off